ITT: Stupid car ideas you have

Why doesn't someone create a kit to reroute the air conditioner to the intake so that all intake air gets forced over a Freon cooler?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_steam_engine
superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/ghtp-1303-camaro-zl1-rx-performance-super-chiller-ac-assisted-intercooler-install/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because the power you gain will be lost by having the aircon on

because the amount of air an engine ingests per second flat out would require a cooler the size of your mum

It's like a rotary engine, but better.

There's no way that would compress enough air to make real power.

Also I don't see any input for the Doritos

It's just a rough sketch bro, we'll just boost it to get all the compression we'll ever need.

Sure go ahed, make a prototype

I wonder what sort of noise that would make, I bet it would be sick.

Here we go user.

NOW THIS is what we need. The age of the satan engine is upon us

I bet it would sound like BBBBRRRRRRT

Would be amazing for all 1000 miles before it's seals went.

I'm sure R&D would go into preventing that. Fucking penta-seals are clearly better anyway.

Imagine a Mazda rotary, but with even MORE seals. Brilliant.

you invented a scroll compressor with more moving parts

That is beautiful.

Is there a working version?

I can imagine it sounding like brapbrapbrapbrap

doesn't look like there is any way of smoothly harvesting the rotational energy from this. neither of the two moving parts rotate at a constant velocity

>Not calling it a Directly Injected Exhaust (DIE)

very few motion engines do
so that's why you have more than one of them

Hakuna Miata's Idea was better

OC, you can steal it

i feel like the shallower angles would help the seals vs a dorito style rotary but I don't really know enough about shapes or seals to say that for a fact

Flywheels.

For a constant output stationary reciprocating generator, this is a good idea.

this design requires two co-axial shafts moving independently of each other. it's a little more complicated than most existing solutions

>3D thrust vectoring

My afroamerican brother from another mother

That would be cool as fuck to race in, but I can't imagine it would be a good spectator sport because it would all be on camera, and then you have the problem of the drivers killing themselves by CO poisoning unless they're electric cars

2ENGINE LMAO!! 2 ENGINE!!

>3mph wheelies

I like how the front isn't connected to the rest of the car. Good job

Pretty sure theres a Porsche or anothet euro car that does what this wants by pulling the gear lever up dislocating it from the gearbox and starts changing automatically then you just shove it back down and start shifting like normal

It's stupid on so many levels it makes my brain hurt.

But if you ever make it, please let me be the sole manufacturer/seller of seals for it. Those things will wear out so fast I'll be millionare in no time.

so it's like a Chaparral 2J on steroids?

>what is phase change intercooling

From what I understand turbos spin a lot faster than they need to and produce too much pressure that needs to be released with each shift. So I thought why not send excess boost energy into the exhaust to help kick out the gasses for better flow?

>being a newfag

So it's.......wait.....wat?

I've been thinking if excess pressure could be stored into an air tank from where pressurized air could be injected back when needed.

Or into the HVAC system so occupants get enjoyable blasts of 32 psi between shifts

Nevermind it's steam. I was thinking from the coloration that it was having exhaust gas from an IC engine pumped into it and arbitrarily forcing it through cylinders while it cooled down.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_steam_engine

there was a company that was made a system like that for the Pontiac GTO for guys putting turbos on them

ahh i found it

superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/ghtp-1303-camaro-zl1-rx-performance-super-chiller-ac-assisted-intercooler-install/

Because that heat is going to enter the engine's cooling system via the condenser that's in front of the radiator, having a net heat removal of zero.

I want to Peltier cool my intercooler.

Didn't the ford lightning do something like that?

I don't think you understand Carnot's efficiency equations.

This is how F-Zero comes to be.

not so stupid, a true atkinson cycle engine

and the real prototype