2017 GT-R NISMO

Just debuted today for the 24h Nurburgring weekend

Run down on the normal version: youtube.com/watch?v=gGAgXzYQwkU

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/5/27/11794366/nissan-gtr-nismo-2017-announced-photo-gallery
motortrend.com/news/2017-nissan-gt-r-first-look-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=pwkMi3B6aog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Earlier this year, Nissan unveiled the refreshed 2017 Nissan GT-R. It came with a focus on the "GT" part of GT-R: gran turismo. That new GT-R is more comfortable, smoother, and easier to drive.

But the new GT-R NISMO is firmly aimed at racing enthusiasts. Its body panels are built to improve airflow, reduce drag, and maximize downforce. It has more carbon fiber, an upgraded suspension, and hides a hand-built, 600 horsepower, twin-turbo 3.8-liter V6 under the hood to make it more track-focused than the standard GT-R.

Oh, and it looks awesome, too. Pricing was not disclosed, but the old GT-R NISMO was priced just shy of $150,000.

theverge.com/2016/5/27/11794366/nissan-gtr-nismo-2017-announced-photo-gallery

it looks even uglier

GM BTFO!

It looks better than the old GT-R. Nissan does it again! GM on suicide watch!

And its still shit

almost 10 years later and still looks basically the same, are they even testing some shit for the new gtr or their plan is just to milk the facelifts with factory rice?

I wish they'd facelift the lights, they were always the worst part of the R35.

Damn, that video is some great marketing. Getting the Japs to read the promo texts in Ingurish makes it feel so much more authentic (although they probably don't know what half of the fancier words mean).

You are right, friends! NISSAN has once again proven to be the premium top automaker and GT-R is excellent proof of this fact!

The new one has way more vents and grilles. I fully expect the 2027 model to have grilles on the roof and and doors. Basically one big grill.

Does the R35 even have a proper manual transmission or does it just have flappy paddle shit?

Auto only, of course, because it's faster.

buy the old gtrs if you want a real manual gearbox

Porsche have been doing the same with the 911 for 40-odd years.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Not the same. The 911's shape has slowly evolved for 50 years. The GTR has changed its image every generation, and now they're just lazily half-redesigning it.

>...and now they're just lazily half-redesigning it.

Which is what they do with the 911. Every time.

Exactly, which they've done for 40 years. They have history on their side. It is already a timeless look that they improve and slightly modify each generation. Look at any 911 (except perhaps a flatnose), and you know it's a 911. Nissan has not done this. Compare the R31 to the R35. Actually, just compare the R34 to the R35. They look vastly different. Nissan has redesigned each generation like most cars (think about the Mustang). They're due for redesigns every 5-10 years. That's an industry standard. Following that trend, the 2017 should be a new model by now, with a new look. It is not. It is a facelift at best.

> news release lists every dimension but curb weight
> emphasizes luxury, comfort, Grand Touring

2017 GT-R confirmed for 4,000-lb porker

according to motortrend, it's still sitting around 3800 lbs, so it hasn't gained any weight

How fast is it gonna be around the burgerring?

The fastest volume production car, obviously.

faster than a corvette

> around 3900 lbs (est.)
>(est.)
>est

motortrend.com/news/2017-nissan-gt-r-first-look-review/

The news release lists every other measurement. Nissan is too embarrassed to release a curb weight that starts with a 4.

>gtr can't turn and kills a small village of ethiopoan children on a slight right hander
>production cars now banned from driving on the ring
>gtr still able to race and can't turn on nurburgring and continue to murder innocent baby whales.
Thanks nissan

I'm surprised more people haven't died on the 'ring desu.
youtube.com/watch?v=pwkMi3B6aog

>diamond studded grill

Trying to get some of those basketball-americans sales

>European cars btfo
>europoors can't turn
REMEMBER TO BUY AMERICAN

Yellow number plates seem to have an adverse effect on driving dynamics

To be fair they do that because its a recognizable shape. No ones going to know what a 914 or 944 is because it doesn't look like the 911, what people think of when they hear Porsche.

What are LEDs?

Nissan is really killing it with their new Nismo design language. The new Z34 Nismo looks awesome, the new R35 Nismo looks awesome, I just hope they can keep this up.

Lotus Engraved Dildos?

Lipstick on a pig. The Z34 and R35 are aged and it's time to let go. Nissan can only facelift them so much, they needed to be replaced with new models (Z35 and R36) a long time ago.

The Z35 will come eventually.

They look pretty ricey.

>they needed to be replaced with new models (Z35 and R36)
Reminder that Nissan currently has the perfect next generation Z engine but won't do it because muh GT-R sales

Agree on the ageing bit, they came out a long time ago when the market was a different place. With current competition as it is you really have to want a R35/Z34 because you specifically want the cars over cheaper/better competition.

Do you think it's because they want to get the kinks out of the motor first before slapping it into their sports car model?

So ugly. I keep hoping they'd make a lighter one with a lower belt line, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

>lighter
>implying it wouldn't be a total death trap

Surprised not more people smash into eachother there. Mistakes do happen tho, no big deal.

Miata weighs 2000lbs less and has a better crash rating.

Miata also doesn't have to worry about driving and crashing at 193 mph.

bikes do.

Bikes also have a worse crash rating than the GT-R

So?

>weighs 2000lbs less and has a better crash rating
It's kind of the point of the conversation

not really.

There also aren't crash tests at 193 mph you ignorant sack of shit.

The GTR GT3 weighs 2900 lbs. Not road legal tho. But you could buy a GTR, gut it, and cut out 500-1000 lbs if you're dedicated.

ITS FROWNING

>s-stop experimenting on me, Nii-san!
>surely you want a new hot girl by now and not an old lady like me

I've got the z34 nismo facelift and I love it.
I live in Germany and a Mustang would be stupid considering the price. The M4 wasn't as fun as the Lady. Everyone drives a Porsche and quite frankly I'm getting a tad bored. Plus I can always drive one if I really want to (uncle).

I'm surprised anyone cares
.ie don't stand on the outside of a corner so often

Marketing department, plz.

Anyone who actually gave a shit lost interest in Nissan when the idx was axed and then you followed up by throwing around the idea of making the Z a crossover.

>our target audience are the kids who don't give a single shit about cars and would rather just Uber everywhere
Great plan.

>implying I give a single shit about slight dip in crash ratings compared to exterior styling
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought Nissan was making cool cars not people mover vans.

Do they still go into limp mode after a few launches?

>still ugly
>same design
>only 500hp on 91 octane

we need the R36 already

So when are they going to bring in a 7 speed DCT, trim like 1000 pounds off the curb weight, and stop adding pointless grilles and other stupid shit to the design? The carbon fiber on the front bumper looks fucking retarded.

>tfw no eau rogue

People were laughing at Lamborghini for updating the oldfart Gallardo frame and here all the sudden its supposed to be a-ok

>all these people that do nothing but slam on the brakes when their car loses control
why are they even on a track if they're so clueless

They slam on their brakes then flick the wheel to try and counter-steer the spin they just put themselves in.

>That motorcycle
what the fuck are they doing

can't wait until for the corvette gets BTFO just like the last time

production cars can still lap the ring, that was GM's damage control to avoid having to release the shit-tier laptime the corvette got

kek

Well, they tried to change it by releasing a concept GT-R but everyone just assblasted it and called it ugly because it really was ugly... like the Juke.

Nissan can't into designs anymore, especially "modern" designs so they had to stick with what they have now.

They can keep the bulky design but there has to be changes like new DRL/headlights/taillights (keep the iconic halos, but make em stand out more like the Ford GT and La Ferrari), new aerodynamic approach, new chasis, etc.

Yeah, basically a new GT-R instead of a fucking 10 year facelift.

they look nice, but really, we need a new one
z34 is pretty much a z33.5 in terms of exterior design, and r35 is pretty old already

Slower than snek

Top Lel looks like it gained a few pounds
Prediction: still slower than various GM products

>prediction: weeaboos will rage at this post

> it gained a few pounds
they want to increase sales in america
>GM products
TOP KEK!

still in production compared to the snek

the VR30 is such a fucking god-tier engine

i assume that with a couple of supporting mods and a tune you will be able to extract something like 500-550 horses out of it, plus it weighst slightly more than 400lbs

too bad the mainfold is casted with the head, but hopefully it will have more than enough material for porting it

I didn't realize it was the end of 2017 already. O wait it's not. So snek is still in production.

Jesus nissan can't design headlights

>dat bottom one

wtf hahaha

>this buttdamaged

kek

We'll only know if hes truly buttdamage if he reposts the image 100's of times.
It's the only way to tell for certain :)

>producing a car no one wants to buy

>s-stop posting that deeply triggering and problematic image please

kek

GM fangirls on suicide watch

How many spectators have C7.R wrecks killed?
How many legendary racetracks have been altered (ruined) by C7.R wrecks?

have more trigger

>flugplatz ruined by the meme car
wtf i hate gtrs now

the GTR apparently also ruined the hopes and dreams of GM fangirls

desu I think GM ruined it's own hopes and dreams with the cooling issues.