Hey guys, whaddaya think of my new Twingo?

Hey guys, whaddaya think of my new Twingo?

Also Twingo general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G7jusd76c6M
suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/bmw-318is-m-paket-leder-klima-sitzheizung-tüv-neu-rheinbreitbach/225985183.html
simonstalenhag.se/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

suits you fine, matiz.

Nice car dude, here's mine iwth swapped 2jz
youtube.com/watch?v=G7jusd76c6M

tfw seriously considered this until i saw the centre mounted dash

trust me, there are worse things about this car. A girl from my school has one from 2009 and it has no electric windows, no electric mirrors, no clock, no remote for the central locking, the doors are thinner than they are on my Twingo, the seats are even less comfy and with the 0.8l engine it's even slower. Plus she had to change the wheel bearings twice and it has only done 60k km.

>it's a Twingo episode

Take your Twingo autism and leave.

Hi jagertwingo!
I slept in mine few days ago. Pretty comfy indeed.

not him sorry, just really liked a pic of his and edited it to make it a wallpaper. I am seriously considering getting one though, road trips with it sound comfy as fuck

damn that does look pretty cozy, does it have room for 2 people to sleep or does it get cramped?

Should have room for two.

Oh look it is the twingo trolls again. escape from /lgbt/ again did we?

You have to go back.

Yep its really roomy. Still lot of place for all the luggage in front and rear footwells

MËMË

Plushies where

plushies soon

2 people can sleep in it but it does get kinda cramped. Not unbearably uncomfortable but kind of entering the homo realm if it's two guys.

what if it's 2 girls?

Fuck yeah, Karlsruhe!

>but kind of entering the homo realm if it's two guys.
It's not, unless balls are touching.

>balls are touching.
haven't seen that meme in literally a decade

still roomier, warmer, more weatherproof, easier to live with, etc. than 2 person tent
why would you sleep with a guy in a twingo? You fagget?
I slept with my gf.
Oher conclusions:
having sunroof is great for camping. Loosening it's handle without opening cools the temperature on warm nights while keeping mosquitoes away
If your shit fills the whole trunk (rear bench full forward) and partially rear seat, you'll be fine sleeping. In bed mode you'll store it in the front footwells(2 big travel bags), rear footwels under the folded backrests (2 backpacks) between front seats (some clothing for example) under folded rear backrests (they don't fold completely, still lots of storage accessible from inside and outside). You can also store some shit on the dashboard.

I imagine the huge ass sunroof could also make it possible to fucking STAND in the twingo if you put a bottomless tent on top of it, lol.

perfect camping hatchback.

nice edit, i like it. saved.

i haven't even tried to sleep in the twingo with the seats in comfy mode yet. i'm ashamed

now with non-thumbnail pic

I was at my friend's party and decided that I want to sleep in the car and one of my friends couldn't stand getting cucked and said he'd rather sleep with me. He has a girlfriend now. I have no proof that I'm not a fag though, other than saying that I'm not.

Well, I did it for the first time, and I own it for 4 years now. Gonna do it more.

Does the twingo have an airbag in the wheel or is it just the horn? By this I mean would it be safe to install an aftermarket wheel or should I stick with the stock one?

New twingo plushies when?

I have no idea. Mine didn't have any.
Probably still in the making.

mine has an airbag. pic related. (yes i know the steering wheel is fucked, i already have a leather one to replace it) if you have the early, early twingo from 1993 or 1994 it won't have one, but afterwards it will.

I wish I had an audi twingo

I see, thanks
Guess I'll have to go stock wheel then, probably only going to change the shift lever then

Sorry I just re-read your post. That bulge is neither the horn nor the airbag, it's a part of the wheel. For anyone who doesn't know, the horn is in the blinker thing. You press it and it sounds the horn.
Here you go m8

Here's a visual interpretation of what I meant.

in pre-facelifts driver's airbag were optional (2-spoke wheel like dodek's has no airbag , 3 spoke wheel like mine has an airbag), in post facelifts (98-) driver's airbag was standard.

In all versions horn is not in the steering wheel, it's activated by pushing lights switch (left lever behind the steering wheel)

the horn sounds gay as shit on the twingo. i never honk because i'm afraid people will thing that i suck cocks as a hobby

dodokto you motherfucker are you still here?
how does the change from hectic fwd box to base model BMW feel?
thinken about doing the same when the Punto should die soon

get a truck horn
I am considering one

put a train horn on that motherfucker

what happened to your mirror?
get an electric one, it's great for ultra tight parking spots

Feels good to have a newer and better built car honestly. But I miss the Twingo for the memes. I'll stress it again, I was looking to buy a Twingo when I was buying a new car but I couldn't find any in a decent condition and ended up with the E36. I really lucked out, most old base model BMWs are beat to shit but this one was in okay condition so I decided to buy it. I can't say that I regret it because it's objectively a better car but I kinda do because muh feels. Also the RWD fun is to die for. I will never buy FWD, other than another Twingo.

I see, thanks lads

the glass kept falling off so i just left it on the ground. it was some fuckery left from the previous owner. luckily they were pretty anal about maintenance, they just didn't care abuot cosmetics.

i bought some cheap stick-on replacement mirror but it's just gonna fall off again so i'm gonna buy a whole electric one instead. they're better anyway because they can fold. i'm just waiting until i find the right guy that parts out a whole twingo so i can buy mirrors, a rear shelf which mine doesn't have for some reason and maybe a leather interior (not sure about that yet, it'd have to be clean and cheap)

well they do look pretty good imho the E36.
Thing is I love my Punto, but the engine is at 170k km, the exhaust is rusted through, and it has 10 year old tires so it won't pass inspection without investing over 1k in it again, and I already put 1k in it (bought it for 2.4k)
so I would have payed almost 4k for a 170k km punto with a ticking engine (sounds like a diesel)
and the E36 has way more power and is only 300 bucks more in insurance

suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/bmw-318is-m-paket-leder-klima-sitzheizung-tüv-neu-rheinbreitbach/225985183.html
this one is the one I'd like to try, but I actualyl want to stick to the punto because it's my first car and kind of a mem between me and my friends
but >muh rwd >muh power
posting more Twingo to stay on topic.

E36's are great. i miss my E38 a lot... (pic related). unfortunately you can't keep every car...

my next buy is definately gonna be an E34 with a big engine. it'll make a good weekend "daily driver" along with the jägertwingo. i also have my manta for the track

>kind of a mem between me and my friends
My Twingo was the same. We decided to make a stickerbomb with vodka labels but we only stuck one above the Renault logo on the hood and that's it.

Be very careful when buying an E36s. It can turn out to be a shitter. The best way to approach buying a new car is to look for just about anything as long as it runs.

Also, 316i is fucking slow as shit. I mean it does the job and it's got enough power to rip skidz on roundabouts in the rain but don't expect to win any traffic light races. My sedan does 0-100kmh in about 12.3 seconds. That's only 2 seconds quicker than a 55hp cutebox.

In all sincerity, what is the appeal of the Twingo? What allowed it to achieve meme status?

Cute. Reliable. Pretty good for what it is. New gen has an RR layout. Comfy threads.

yeee mine wouldn't be an 316 but the one with 103 kW (140 PS) - so it should be enough for being the average shithead 20 year old that buys old bmws kek

a cute and happy looking, honest, practical econobox that doesn't try to be anything that it's not.

>> the exhaust is rusted through

dude, i just changed the whole exhaust system on my brother's opel today, it cost us 90 bucks (bosal FTW) and took me 2 hours (only because shit was rusted and i had to take out the grinder)

but that 318is looks cool. i drove a 318 recently, it's a nice car with enough power to drift (the one i tried had a welded diff though) but i would definately take a 323 over it. (or a 328). the 6 cylinder is sooooo much better, and they can be had for the same price. it takes E85 without any problem too, so if you can get it for cheap where you live... that's also a plus

If I were you I'd go for whatever I6. I might do a swap in the future and I'm thinking of getting an M50B20 so it's not too powerful but that's far off.

BMW I6s are iconic and have the most recognisable and beautiful sound in the world.

>6 cylinder
>as a 20 year old in germany
bruh the insurance will rape me, as would do the fuel
thing is the mechanic
> i know "hurr durr not doing it yourself etc"
said for the original it would be over 400 € in material alone, and the exhaust isn't the only thing that went to shit. I don't know how long the engine still survives, or the gearbox

ayy lmao, pic related.

don't buy original opel, look up BOSAL on ebay.de. i bet you can get what you need for less than 100 euros. it'll be worth it even if you want to sell the car, it'll sell better with a TÜV.

also for the insurance thing, ask your insurance for a quote on a 318is and on a 323 or 328. i guarantee you'll be surprised. i paid less money monthly for my E38 with a 2.8 M52 6 cylinder than i paid for my MK2 jetta with a 1.8 engine. with the same exact guarantees at the same exact insurance place. insurance works in mysterious ways.

> that pic

>>opel

i meant FIAT

>insurance works in mysterious ways.
yep, found out that one already
> new punto, 1.4l 120 HP FWD beast costs more than 20 year old 150 HP RWD car with no airbags
fuck logic

I thought about putting a fartmuffler for 250 bucks on it, would still be cheap and would sound okay I guess.
fuck this I don't want to sell the punto but I don't want to keep on putting money into it and I want to drive RWD once, and the E36 looks good
WHY CAN'T LIFE BE SIMPLE

when buying a twongi, getting multiflute honkers is actually mandatory.

what a show-off

kek

I still can't believe how they initially wanted to kill the Twingo brand and call it "Modus".

The Modus was actually the successor of the Twingo but (wow, what a surprise) it kept selling like hot shit so they kept building it additional 5 years in Europe and even additional 10 years in Colombia.

Why the FUCK would you kill off a car that sells really fucking incredibly well?
They must have been incredibly retarded at that point of time.

God I'm so glad I got rid of my Fiat when I realised how shit it was. I had a 4 year old Panda 4x4 that I had to replace all sorts of wishbones, dampers and driveshafts on it. Oh and it was rusty.
Only italians called when I sold it, apparently down there all pandas have already been turned to shit but instead of abandoning the meme they're they're trying to buy better maintained ones from germany. Some poor soul bought it for his uncle in calabria, but he'll have to fix a whole bunch of new issues first
I replaced it with an dodgy '98 Impreza and difference in quality and comfort is amazing.
>base model impreza has way more features than the fiat had, but unlike in the fiat everything works perfectly
>ragged to shit Subaru still handles much nicer than the fiat as well

I have to admit that the exhaust was about to fall apart when I bought the Impreza as well though, but that's okay since it had been under the car since '98 kek

MY EYES AHH

If they rust that quickly, why not buying a good one and performing some conservation anti rust waxing and shit?

Why do they just keep using them up instead of doing some care and be able to use them even longer?
Rust prevention isn't rocket science.

rust isn't much of an issue in italy, it's rather the rest.
If 50k km of gentle driving on decent roads and reasonable maintenance rekt the shit out of every moving part aside of the engine, I doubt that 'care' is a problem.

Fiats just aren't designed to be driven I guess.
Also:
>additional rust conversation on a Fiat
>caring about a Fiat
Just because it's the first shitbox your parents gave you doesn't mean they are even remotely useful as a means of transport.

>fuck me I even paid money for mine, still annoys the shit out of me

So why should I buy a twingo instead of a datsun sunny wagon?

probably gets better gas milage, but that has looks like it has much more boot space. It's all personal preference really.

...There's more than one twingboat?

comfy sleeping seats

>no twingo where old datsuns are still avaliable
>no old datsuns where there are plenty of twingo
that looks like stupid question of a person who never bought a car, except those in gran turismo game.

are twingos present in any racing game?

There's a Twingo mod for GTA...

IIRC there's a Twingo RS in Forza 4

I wish I could have the new twingo honestly.

I'd just remove the traction control fuse and get hektik

I wonder how it handles.

My biggest gripe with the twingo is FWD, from my experience FWD cars tend to lose control easily if you put your foot down (weight shifts away from the front in acceleration) and generally don't feel as planted when you're giving it gas as a RWD car would.

Does the twingo suffer from light front wheel syndrome?

Allegedly they're surprisingly tail-happy, although that's made a lot worse by shitty tires.

the handling on mine is surprinsingly balanced, it doesn't understeer everywhere like most underpowered FWD shitboxes. the only thing i don't like is that the rear end tends to bounce around when the road isn't perfect, and it will oversteer suddenly if you're not careful on bumpy roads. would probably be fixed with better shocks

>Does the twingo suffer from light front wheel syndrome
first of all, it doesn't suffer from being overpowered, so putting your foot down won't throw you into the ditch
>weight shifts back and forth
it's very light. getting passengers and luggage makes it different car in terms of weight distribution
basically I confirm what he says.

So if I wanted it to be more balanced I could just strap a bag of sand to the rear?

wat

>yellow beams

Those are still legal?

where the fuck is your cluster and shit?

>cluster
in the middle of the dashboard
>shit
in the toilet

i cant fucking see it

There are modern legal yellowish bulbs in the market. Even respectable companies like osram or philips make them. Nice touch for retro frenchies.

I apologize if this has been posted before. I came across it on an artists website and instantly thought of these twingo threads.

credit from here: simonstalenhag.se/

It's just a digital speedo and some warning lights.

Where does the idea that the Modus was supposed to replace the Twingo come from?

Modus wasn't gonna replace twingo.
As far as i remember, it was designed by same guy (whole team maybe?) It shares some ideas of smaller twingo and bigger megane scenic. Styling is unorthodox (before facelift which ruined it imo). Rear bench slides back and forth like in twingo but system is more sophisticated (interesting). It has lots of storage room. It's basically car for people wchich families outgrow their beloved twingo.