pastebin.com/MEqFBUut
>Game stats and vehicle stats
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6
>Flow chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png

thread theme-song
youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

first for TR qt's

I'm pretty sure everyone is either on vacation, at work, sleeping or actually playing the game

>general has been ded for days
>someone makes a new one
>no one bothers posting
>even cripplechan's thread is ded
>game's population dwindling
i-it's over isn't it

just summer, don't despair

don't die on me

that feel when all pub gunners are braindamaged

Are we back

if we can start shitposting like usual we will have something to bump the thread

I say

>UNDEAD EDITION

Tell me what - i'm getting pissed with gendalf pottsby wallpapers on loading screen - did devs said anything about letting you return to the old loading screens or SHOULD I RANT ABOUT IT ON LEGGIT?

I love this game so much. Why arent there any other fps games like this one? It just does everything the right way. It may not be perfect, but I cant stand the idea of this game dying. We must save it!

May be PS3 someday?

7 ips

nice
just fucking stop, rides over

It probably doesnt make enough money for a trilogy. :(

I mean can you think of anything wrong with planetside that isnt just nitpicking?

All i have is noticable decrease in playerbase.
And this shitty wallpapers while loading i mentioned.

I'm gonna shitpost like crazy when I get home

Man the population is so tiny now. Why the fuck is it dying? It is the only real war FPS out there that truly has everything you would expect.

All those toxic vets chased away the new playerbase :^)

also the bases are terrible, there's hardly been any new content, and the game is a buggy laggy clientside mess

Mandatory Hossin days / alerts / single cont open on Connery when

I don't care if the chink toasters fry. I want Hossin.

But why

hossin a shit

We tried to get PS3 green lit 2 years ago, no dice. Why spend tens of millions of dollars on a risky unproven market/tech when you can shit out H1Z1 for next to nothing, it requires no meaningful technology prototyping and way more people not only understand it but want to play it?

this.

I'm more interested to try that Koltyr-thing than drop in Bogssin.

>H1Z1
Not this shit again. I was so eager to try it and then it was relased and now i'm only here.

Because the last time it was played (excluding that double exp week) was back before victory points were a thing.

I don't care if it's a mediocre continent for the HE vehicle shitting masses. I just want something that isn't indar.

They can easily make an exception for Hosin to get insta locked after an alert, like the good ol days, the tower vehicle repair thing is insanely OP when defending bases

Actually the players are either working hard during the week or are on vacation, it's august for christ sake, it was always this marooned during august weekdays, I remember July and August of 2013 being this dull during weekdays cus of the whole summer vacation shit

I just checked myself the population has been stable since June 2015, people come and go, some remain, such is life in the planetmanraxia

I know what's going on here, just because the current player base is omplletely oblivious to the vg ps2 general doesn't mean the game died, it means the new people don't know or don't care about the ps2general on Veeky Forums, and desu I wonder if that's actually a bad thing or a good thing

If they did that, and made it so alerts weren't population triggered - then at least a few would happen.

Even if it's a small one with 12-24's, that's still significantly better than the current "single chink autist jumps base to base collecting point flip exp and refusing to stand and fight when contested".

Despite its faults, I still quite like many of the infantry bases there. They feel much better than anything Indar provides, or at the least, aren't played to death.

>>Two days without a PS thread
Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in

rip

Never. No when i'm about to reach 1000 certs after a while. Any suggestion of what should I buy? Torn between a NS Baron and the Decimator

Do not buy the baron. It's shit.

Any TR shotguns certs worthy?

Both pump actions are great. Also the Haymaker is alright since it's free.

What's the state of the game like these days? I haven't played in over a year and was thinking about reinstalling, but I wanted to find out what's been going on before I go to the trouble

pops are drooping pretty low

So what's everyone playing now that PS2 is dead and has invasive anti cheat?

Icewind Dale, chopping up lizard mans.

see

Well that's too bad

>Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in

There is no escape

I still love you all

seems legit

Miller is shitting itself more than ever.

dude is already banned yo

Literally have a hard drive full of games that I can't be bother to try because of planetmans, feels bad man

I see this kind of shit all the time, and always blame it on my shitty connection

good to know :)

Most of the time it's just cykas, but lately Miller is completely fucked. Hitreg is worse than ever, and everything instagibs.

G-guys, page 10

DO NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE

G-guys

Shut up anD play the game

>i drive a prowler

i-i'm not g-gay, I swear1

Drive, not shoot, just drive, so you're the passive of the relationship

Pump-actions are a nice change. I think the uppercut is the official """"""high tier player"""""" approved better one, owing to its faster pump speed. Means you're more likely to survive against a shielded heavy. That's the one I use anyway.
As a general question too - for memes - deci or a second falcon? I want fun mostly. Is the decimeme going to be a noticable difference from the default launcher at much beyond anti-ESF duties?

the mjollnir is woefully underpowered. whose idea was it to make a weapon with less DPS than a vulcan, worse cone of fire than a vulcan, projectiles you can't see after two meters and ridiculous drop, along with being a semi auto weapon, meaning you have to click every time you shoot which sometimes messes your aim up

not having damage drop off doesn't mean anything when you literally, LITERALLY, won't hit anything beyond 100m. compared to a vulcan which can one-mag a tank anywhere from 0 to 100m with no aim required or the aphelion which shoots 600 damage frisbees with perfect accuracy and zero drop

all of that aside, the real reason why the mjollnir isn't useful is because the enforcer fails to make up for its weakness. have any of you ever tried to fucking aim one of those things? i swear it's as if there's a 5 cm thick neodymium plate under the soil of auraxis everywhere, pulling ONLY NC magnetic projectiles down ultra hard. it fires slowly, meaning you have literally no chance to try to correct your aim against something like a harasser, whereas the gatekeeper and sauron both have (in case of gatekeeper, virtually) 0 drop and infinitely much more versatility

also, the canister has literally 0 explosive radius and is essentially just a kobalt that can't aim up.

all NC secondaries only saving grace is that they sit on top of a tank that can press F to be two tanks, meaning they get to shoot 0,6 seconds longer. fucking trash weapons all around.

Mjollnir is probably the worst gun in the game, maybe a tie with Ranger

Seen you on the front page. Just stopped by to say I'm glad I quit this garbage back in 2012.

i think what they should do is swap the names, visuals and mechanics of the canister and mjolnir, so the mjolnir is the tank-mounted anti-infantry scattercannon, and turn the canister into an actual single-shot AV canister gun that it shoots a projectile that travels while you hold the mouse button down and has heavy drop, and when you let go of the mouse button it explodes into a wide cone of anti-vehicle shrapnel. the shrapnel damage would with perfect accuracy (basically point blank) be similar to a halberd hit and it would fire much faster than a halberd, but the non-detonated canister would deal very minimal damage. BAM, a weapon that is versatile at range like its VS/TR counterparts but also does non-negligible damage up close, as well as being a fucking shotgun which is super cool

then make the enforcer into a laser guided projectile and lower the fire rate

We all assumed you'd killed yourself in shame.

So I just heard this will probably be the last /ps2g/ thread for the foreseeable future. That's too bad. Are you guys doing anything special or just gonna shitpost until you impotently 404 at ~200 posts?

I'm gonna shot some vanu in the face in celebration.

Go get 'em, champ

>Slow months coming around for a stagnating game

I guess I'll just keep being an airshitter and hope for hate tells.

We just need more loading screens and the game will thrive

Good to see this still around, came back to play for a few hours last week, saw no thread and the dead ones in archives and was worried. Anyways on to the questions:

Came back after a long break, whats with the new loading screens with this huge shitty artist watermark at the bottom?

I'm an autistic NC Engineer main, but now I'm tired of getting farmed by Heavy Assault shitters and SMG Inf. scumbags, so whats the most based NC Max loadout for farming lowbies and getting hate tells?

aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

>Came back after a long break, whats with the new loading screens with this huge shitty artist watermark at the bottom?

Blasphemy! Gandalf Clumsy is the savior of our game!

Not edgy enough

Falcons

reminder to unlock hornets for your ESF to extract tears from MBT autists.

reminder to unlock skyguard to extract tears from skyshitters (skyguard for some reason has a 220% higher success rate of extracting tears from a kill than bursters)

reminder to unlock the autoshotgun and extended magazine to extract tears from HA mains.

Got any screencaps of the new ones? Rather not download a bunch of shit just to see some cringy artwork and my server flooded with chinks, nips and gooks.

oh and also, unlock tomcats for ESF

no other weapon in the game incurs as many hate tells per kill as A2A lockons, even in their now nerfed form

I don't think they're all that bad, but the sig is so absurdly big.

Even for farming indoors? Despite or maybe because I've spent most of my time playing NC I can't tell one shotgun from another, though 1 shotting people as they come around the corner with 2 shotgun arms feels pretty good. Are slugs better overall? I would get Ravens but most of the shitter pilots I see crash into something before I have a chance to shoot them.

>because I've spent most of my time playing NC I can't tell one shotgun from another

everyone knows every true NC is a connoisseur of shotguns

Unless you're farming a neverending stream of people and getting kills more often than once every 2 seconds, yes, Falcons. They can instakill at any range, melt enemy MAXes and put you on even footing against 1/2 MBTs. Other land vehicles are basically a non-issue, they shit through shield sunderers like tissue paper. The only threat is air and enemies at long range who can actively dodge your projectiles.

It's literally like piloting a man-sized tank. They're sleeper OP as shit but everyone is too busy crying about Ravens for them to be noticed. They also get the benefit of shitters going "Oh it's the default weapon so it sucks"

>I play TR

Look man, I just like boomsticks. If it helps, my favorite skillcannon is the Bruiser.

Thanks, time to go collect tears. How about slots? Explosive resist is best, yeah? I like the shield since I can reload while it's up, but I've been told charge is better.

Falcons have the single highest synergy with the shield of any weapon. Charge is really good, too, though, overall I'd just go with whatever you like best. I'd go with explosive resist if you're gonna use shield, kinetic if you're going to use charge.

>They're sleeper OP

Opposite to Pounders, which are blatantly OP

Correct. Pounders are basically the same thing, less range, with more shots so the shitters who can't aim can still score kills.

>still playing this game unironically

i'd personally say the highest synergy weapon with the shield is the hacksaws. it lets your max win against other maxes in situations where you would otherwise get stomped because of your limited range. empty magazine into enemy max -> reload and shield -> empty next magazine -> repeat until enemy max is dead or you get C4 dropped on you

woo

and with twice the DPS, and faster TTK on MAX than fucking hacksaws if you know how to aim

let me get this straight

you can put claymores on a flash pointing outward, drive around and collect kills without blowing yourself up?

TR UP

absolute madman

r8 my shoop

:^)

You have to put them towards the back pointing off the sides, I tried putting one on front once and ended up with a roadkill and a suicide.

I also tried sticking some to a vanguard a couple weeks ago and successfully killed both passengers when they got out to rep a few minutes later. They were korean though so fuck 'em.

underpowered/10

>They were korean though so fuck 'em.

reported for racism

Did they ever fix the "stick a c4 to something and detonate it only to have the explosion appear 10 feet behind the shit because it was moving" thing?