>bad for rubber/seals

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WuVBFTzoKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PB Blaster>WD40

It's a meme.
Use pic related.

spit>wd40

Pb is expensive and you go through alot of it but it actually works, and if it doesn't work then you actually need to torch whatever you need to remove

a challenger appears

youtube.com/watch?v=2WuVBFTzoKc

Is this a meme?

God Tier

Liquid mechanic

Your mom....

What's the name of the tool he's using? Ausfag here, can't find one for less than $50.

Just searched oil can, plenty of results. If I'm using acetone, will the chinese shits work?

Pb blaster is the way to go. Shit makes wd40 look like cooking oil.

Works well as a lubricant to keep your drill bit cool too.

Wd-40 has its uses mainly to lubricate dry joints, but it certainly is t a good penetrating oil.

Penetrating oil in general is a meme. Chances are if you're unable to remove a fastener without it, the penetrating oil won't work either.

Heat is a far better tool to have than oils.

>doesn't penetrate
It doesnt claim to do so
>doesn't lubricate
Its not a lubricant
>bad for rubber/seals
so is any other solvent based product

Congratulation you're discovered it's not good for what it wasn't made for.

This

Confirmed for never wrenching OP

WD40 is a solvent. It's not a penetrating fluid or a lubricant. Shut up and buy PB Blaster or make your own with ATF and Acetone like everyone else who actually works on their cars

Lol, this

It does has its applications.

>All this talk of penetration

you do know what WD-40 stands for right?

Water Displacement formula # 40

its a corrosion prevention, nothing more.

It doesnt prevent corrosion by itself very well.
Its best to use it to clear out water and moisture and then follow up with some oil after the solvent evaporates.

lol this doesn't even actually work, acetone and atf are immiscible.
I'm convinced that paper was bullshit.

It's a great unnsticker. No guarantee things won't re-stick without a real lube, though.

Open-end wrench

So basically rainX?

If I spray this on my tires will they work better when it is wet out?

Yes, they'll shine alright, it's what the jiggaboos put on their tires

>WD40

was going to say this

Does penetrating oil even do anything? I'm almost convinced it's just voodoo at this point.

Prevents rust, or slows it at least.

>Does penetrating oil even do anything?
put some on your ass and get back to us

It's too thin though, it would run off too fast for that, you could just use regular oil for that anyway.

It's thin, but it's penetrating.
Kinda like your dick, if you weren't a virgin.

sick burn bruh

I use wd40 all the time when I'm putting engines together. When I first get a bare block back from the machine shop I pressure wash the crap out of it to make sure no contamination is left. As soon as I finish with the pressure wash I come in with a big can of wd40 and spay it all over the engine making sure I hit any machined surface. Once the wd40 drys off I then coat the whole block in a light weight engine oil 0w20. With the block fully coated I put a plastic bag over to keep dirt out. Using this method I've let a bare block sit for a year plus before I started assimbling it with no signs of rust.

This here is the shit to use. If heat is still required it's not flammable so you can spray it on while heating and the heat will help it gets into threads and such

Who 3-in-One oil here?

>works so well they need three different products for one task