/ovg/ - Scottie's saucy adventures into a tranny butthole edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about your sexuality and gender identity!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/29068-Pocono-Raceway?p=424970
gtplanet.net/gt-sport-public-beta-cancelled-to-maintain-2016-release-window/
youtu.be/GHpsmhqY5qc?t=50
reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/4lbfs7/codemasters_f1_2016_handling_closed_beta_signup/d3m6bq7
vocaroo.com/i/s0IzbWfPPvCf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FACT: rally championship 2000 is the best rally game ever made

I wanna see the /ovg/ tent.

2nd for dream the fuck on, Scott

Personally, I'd make it so the screen sits right on top of the wheel or as close to it as possible, so that you can use a closer to real FOV.
Other than that I like it, jelly of your shifter and pedals.
Nice pics on the wall too.

In addition to being a fantastic, experienced driver Scottie was also unfairly attractive. When he removed his helmet after a race Scottie’s intense green eyes would smolder with the thrill of competition. His short, mahogany hair would gleam. A warm, genuine smile would spread across his faintly stublly face, dazzling anyone who cared to look with its perfection.

pantsoo when?

isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/29068-Pocono-Raceway?p=424970

Pocono for rF2 just came out

>tfw I had this game when I was younger, but thought it was shit at the time

GT Sport public beta has been cancelled so PD can maintain 2016 release per Kaz Yamauchi.

gtplanet.net/gt-sport-public-beta-cancelled-to-maintain-2016-release-window/

>KY: If we do a beta, that would delay our development by 3 months, producing a gold master is really difficult, it’s a lot of work.

This is infringing on my copyright and I will be taking the appropriate courses of action to DELET THIS

>tfw started really appreciating the Rally 2000 after finishing RBR and figuring it was shit

The "Gameplay recording & upload" advertised on the box of GT6 is still coming soon, right?

>NFS III Hot Pursuit won't install
>NFS High Stakes and HP2 won't run
>NFS Shift 2 on Steam crashes when I start a race
>Most Wanted 2012 is all around shit

Can you recommend me a decent racing game? Street or track works, but I would like cockpit view to be an option, and most importantly I would like a game that actually works.

Did you tried running them in compatibility mode?
Also there is an "HD" version of nfs III that should work in a modern machine. And HP2 is poop on pc. See if you can emulate it in PS2

NFS 2015 on pc doe

>NFS3
there's a 64bit installer on the net
>NFS High Stakes
stock pack or expansion pack has all the patches needed to run the game

scottie you are sick. haven't you caused me enough harm

I've tried different compatability packs and running as admin.

Thanks a bunch

Tried the game senpai it's actually decent

which one is scottie

>game
its a simulation fampai

1st one on the left

isn't that exos

What

banana

What was your overall consensus of it? Stuff you were disappointed in, things you really liked?

Some decent progress today. Cockpit works fine, its a bit rough around the edges, but everything you need is working now.

All 1 of you who play ARCA Sim Racing know that the rear view mirror reflects the car itself, this is not possible in RF2 the same way its done in ARCA/RF1/GSCE (the variable in the plr file is there, but it doesnt do jack shit). In my opinion it seems that they just made it more complicated to achieve the same result.

Now all that's left is to set the multiple chassis packages up, fix a few textures here and there and exorcise the ghost of Dale Sr. from the car and get a real driver behind the wheel

any one that plays the crew?

I can't get this damn summit to work.
I've discovered the area since I'm at the damn spot where it's supposed to be.

You need to drive to the summit you mug

been there, it's locked.
I just want the F40.

It's not the 30th May you fucking idiot

yet there's videos of people having the f40 from, this event.

Which they must of got from another event

youtu.be/GHpsmhqY5qc?t=50
Doesn't show up for me.
Or do I have to spend months of gaming to grind only to unlock it?

36th for GTR2

reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/4lbfs7/codemasters_f1_2016_handling_closed_beta_signup/d3m6bq7

James literally blown the fuck out

you misspelled RBR senpai

>you cloud it with buzzwords and go on and on about how everyone is against you
>dude proceeds to spam buzzwords in every other sentence then act like a fucking retard
Isn't that one of James' stalkers anyways

>wew lad

wew lad

>this is the guy that calls James a paranoid sensationalist that doesn't check facts

But he hasn't played the game so his opinion is still only based on what we also can see. Though it's going to be shit and I'd love to see Sony stop funding PD altogether

hot pursuit 2010

It'll never happen unless GT sport flops, since it is Sony's best selling IP by far. Only installment that did poorly was GT6, mainly because they were idiots for not making it cross platform for PS3 AND PS4. Even so, sales were on par with the Forza games.

go back to your ice cream shop james

haha my name is james im just posting anonymously you totally cant tell that im james i hate racing games
>responding to james drama

>lel my friend says the FIA doesn't care I will now repeat this as fact
>thinks a tournament stream was a trailer with PD devs driving
>expects cockpit cams in a race broadcast
>lel Sony will obviously pull funding to their highest selling franchise ever because I didn't like the tire screech in two videos
>I pay for iRacing but for some reason find the idea of an iRacing like console game uninteresting
>herp derp
The dude is a massive hypocrite and retard

James here.

I see that everyone here is still in love with me. You are all such pathetic losers. My goodness, I can't comprehend how people like you are even able to live in this world.

Who the fuck are you? Stop trying to copy me.

Of course we love you King James

wtf

What time is the AE86 race?
I mean, since we're watching F1 and GP2 and ring and all the shit.
I'm fucken drunk, I might not even take part, but still, time?

Fuck Dirt Rally Monaco and it's YOU DIED zones where if you slightly drive into them LMAO YOU LOSE

shit game

Plz be on Sunday.

I'm gonna try to work this into the ovg IndyCar schedule

You're doing god's work my son

git gud

My wife's son*

james please go

rekt

>Humble Bundle gives uPlay code for The Crew at 15$
>only vanilla game
>Steam sells it for 29,99€
>vanilla and Wild Run Edition cost literally the same on Steam
>buying Wild Run separately goes well over original pricetag

I get it ubisoft is all about shekels but fucking really? If at least they would've given steam keys I would say okay.

RBR a shit

that tree isn't taking any of your shit

yeah, guess i'm just not good enough to plow through it

not like you could plow through a tree in real life anyway

Show me where you can plow through trees in rally2k.

The tree just having no hitbox doesn't count.

wtf why did my ranking on the AE86 league got removed??

You didn't pay your taxes to the Shadow Government

How playable is this with a keyboard?

small trees actually bend on collision
big trees also aren't just a solid part of the stage mesh, they stagger a bit when you hit them with enough force

>keyboard
if you don't have at least a game pad, better play rally 2000 instead

Wow dude that's so realistic the way the sprite rotates 90 degrees and your car is completely unaffected. I bet the car took a realistic amount of damage to the front end there, too.

it's fucking bs i was fourth

and yet, 5 years later, trees aren't even special objects anymore, just effectively a solid part of the stage mesh

while if there are dynamic objects, they're completely weightless and do not affect the car

sure is progress

>while if there are dynamic objects, they're completely weightless and do not affect the car
Yes. Just like your webm of the tree in rally2000.

and it's perfectly fine that there was absolutely no progress in this regard for 5 years, from a game that is made to run on Pentium II's to a game that requires SM2.0

right

oh wait - in RBR static shrubs can completely shatter your windshield, avoiding the whole front of the car, having no actual collision. that surely is 5 years of progress

I'm gonna interject you guys for a moment, but wasn't Dirt Rally made by the RBR team?

>1million year old game
>expecting state of the art graphics showing the tree bending and cracking
>front end is never seen, yet you have knowledge on how it took damage
TAKEALOADOFTHISGUY

Red Bull Racing? Not quite sure if those guys had some say on that game.

There may have been no progress concerning such rather unimportant stuff, but there has been progress on the most important part of a driving game. The driving model

Rally 2000's physics just feel bad, even when editing the files. There just never is any challenge when driving. There's no such thing as locking up brakes and there's never a real feeling of understeer or oversteer. You just hit the brake, the rear end gets loose and with that get the around the corner. And you can do that in every corner, there's absolutely no need to ever use the handbrake

Dirt Rally was made by the company that brought you Colin McRae Rally

RBR was made by Warthog, who also made Rally Championship Xtreme, which was published by Actualize, which just previously published Rally Championship 2000.

The developer of Rally Championship 2000 (aka Mobil 1 Rally Championship) previously made International Rally Championship, Network Q RAC Rally Championship, and also the Lotus series for the Amiga. The Lotus games were published by Gremlin, who also developed Fatal Racing/Whiplash.

Compared to, lets say, DiRT3?
I beat the shit out of that with my ACME keyboard

>and it's perfectly fine that there was absolutely no progress in this regard for 5 years, from a game that is made to run on Pentium II's to a game that requires SM2.0
Yes. Good is good.

physics, driving models, etc. will advance anyway as computing power increases, it would be beyond retarded if games regressed in this. RC2000 is 5 years older than RBR, and it was released when technology advances were much steeper, so of course it's going to be a lot cruder and simpler than RBR, while a game released 5 or even 10 years after RBR won't be that much more complex.

>most important part of a driving game. The driving model
except it's not just a driving around game, it's a rally sim, i.e. it simulates participating in a rally championship. there's a lot more complexity to rally than just the difficulty of handling a car on slippy surfaces going around hairpins, especially when it's a full length championship and not just a one time ride won in a radio show contest.

Great go discuss it on reddit, not here.

>welcome to /ovg/, where everything's made up and the positions don't matter.

20:00 utc. It's in the doc too guuzah.
Nah, it'll stay on saturday.
Sorry Oliver, I put your positions in Orngjc by mistake. It's fixed now. I apologise for the mistake. When I was putting the results on the doc it was really late and I was tired.

Also for the rest, vocaroo and pic related.
vocaroo.com/i/s0IzbWfPPvCf

/ovglfs/ when?

>rally sim, i.e. it simulates participating in a rally championship
actually, it simulates rallying

now define 'rally'

Hey Bob, is there a way to pirate the game?
Also did you found out if the crew was ever any good? I'm still wondering about that.

>pirate
why not just play demo for starters

I did for a long time. I had fun drifiting the XF, and the bmw formula car was also great, but I can't buy it because the capital controls in my country won't allow me to purchase anything out of my country except for steam. That said, the formula BMW is a fun little car if we were to do some fun races with it, but we don't have a lot of tracks to work with. One good thing is you can make your own courses in the car park, so gymkhana, autocross and drift contest can be a nice thing to do in it.

a mass meeting of people making a political protest or showing support for a cause

>/ovg/ does a race in the rain

nürburgring is turning into /ovg/ racing

is valrys finally getting wet

Anyone here who backed pCARS?
Enjoyed the shekels I got back, but can not decide if should back pCARS 2 as well.

isnt it too late to back pCars 2 anyway

What did they mean by this