Who here has retarded parents?

Who here has retarded parents?

Dad thinks investing in the stock market is a scam, but has been collecting every limited edition beer cans since the 70s thinking they'll be worth a ton some day.

My Mom thinks coupons is saving money, when if you didn't buy any of the stupid shit, you'd actually be saving money. She will go in to Kohl's to buy socks and see a buy $100 get $10 off promotion, and buy $100 worth of shit she don't need just to get $10 off. And will say "the socks paid for themselves." Jesus fucking Christ.

Other urls found in this thread:

otcmarkets.com/stock/NGBL/quote
youtube.com/watch?v=_Nh3z3PSAkE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll buy your dad's beer can collection for 5000 dollars

It is a scam. The can be be worth something and the shares be 0, cause all business eventually end up 0

All people end up dying. Should we just not live at all?

it would definitely be preferable.

try r9k

we aren't living bro.

not retarded parents but a retarded sister

>brother in law works in the oilfields
>sister burns through his checks every month
>he makes 6 figures a year but they are scrounging for money every month, having to borrow money from my parents

>sister: we bought a new truck! $80,000!
>sister: oh! and a trailer and RV! only $50,000

>brother in law sees his pay cut by 40% now making $70,000 a year
>sister is still buying shit they dont need- hottubs, A boat, wants to buy a cabin by the lake

>shtf- brothers pay is reduced by another 10% from the original
>cant make the mortgage payments- has to sell house now or it gets taken by the bank but is still buying shit they shouldnt. Shes till talking about that fucking cabin

its like watching a trainwreck in slow motion, and its taking my parents down with them. My mom doesnt want my Dad to give them anymore money but he keeps loaning them thousands every month.

Bonus- I got to see my mom beat by Dad upside the head because he called me reckless with money when i said i was going on a thousand dollar vacation- the first one in 3 years on my own dime.

Poor people hurt themselves because they assume their time isn't worth anything, I used to spend hours trying to reduce costs cut costs cheaper deal sale used, but your just worse off, replacing things, wasting time, feeling like shit when you have to buy something you need, better to focus on income, revenue, career, climbing a ladder versus a stasis that never comes notice how many lotto tickets are saying "set for life" that's how these people look for in money

i would rape your sister holy shit

>collecting every limited edition beer cans since the 70s thinking they'll be worth a ton some day.
You win OP.

What the flying fuck.

That guy is whipped by his girl.

He needs to tell your sister to stop fanging him for money.

hes never home. He on the books works 4 weeks on 1 week off. But his company has told him he will only take 4 days off then back at work or they will find someone who will

oilfields are dying right now

The poor bastard recovers for 2 days, has one day off, and the fourth day hes packing his bags for another month of work.

shes ugly as sin. I dont know WHAT IT IS with tradesman/oilfield workers and ugly fucking women.

>Have son
>he think's he's gonna beat the market
>he doesnt know the Limited Edition collectible market is far more lucrative
>laugh at him in secret

>oilfields are dying right now
Stick with it.

Even when cars stop using oil, we'll need it for other products. Computers require oil in their manufacturing process. That's only going to increase.

I know that feel, but not on that level. My Brother is 24 and has a child, but doesn't own shit, spends all his money on video games, and lives off my Dad and Grandparents. I'm 22 working full time, have my own apartment, etc. and always get told how stupid I am with my money because I like to go on fishing trips.

your sister sounds like your average woman

>Dad thinks investing in the stock market is a scam
Your dad knows best.
Your shares will be worth 0 when the company goes out of business, but his cans will always be worth at least 5 cents, 10 cents if you live in Minnesota.

And it's likely that they will be worth more.

Financially, they're not retarded but do not think about long term consequences due to jewery.

Otherwise, they're alright. Both stem majors so I think that had a lot to do. Especially with my mom who was a super nerd.

>we aren't living bro.

What do you mean by this?

Jesus, kill that hoe

My dad told me the best way to get ahead in life is buy purchasing a new car and financing it as well as anything else such as new tv's, credit cards, because even if youre in debt it will increase your credit rating so you can later on buy a house.

Your father is a wise man

You guys have genius parents compared to my father.
Can't get into details ATM, but basically he's been working a job that makes absolutely no sense for over 7 years without making any money whatsoever, and he still 100% believes it's going to make him a billionaire in less than a week. Every week.

I'd really like to see someone beat this.

Is he a crypto daytrader?

Nope

Please fucking post what he does. I love hearing about this kind of stuff.

I thought for sure you were shitposting to make fun of cryptofags.
Are you serious?

Idiot. It can only go down to 0.01.

otcmarkets.com/stock/NGBL/quote

Got the Notis shill

why is it that newbs to the stock market have no clue about stocks in the trips? (.0001-.0009) there is alot of money there.

would you like to know how i know that you're retarded?

>Dad thinks investing in the stock market is a scam,
Dad is way smarter than you are.

right now yeah but 2-3 years ago those guys were the fucking kings, pulling 150k first year out of highschool with no diploma needed in alberta or texas oilfieds

also interesting schemes like 2 week work, 2 week off

seems like your BIL is getting buttfucked by his company , especially the "only take 4 days or we will find someone who will"

>investing in the stock market is a scam
I seriously fucking hate the mentality behind this. You could invest in any decent paying dividend stock(4%) and it would give you almost triple what a savings account would give you in dividends alone, not to mention growth for the yr.

>4%
>almost triple
>of a savings account
My savings account gives less than half of one percent and it's the higher-tier savings account with a higher interest rate and higher minimum balance.

I'm dead serious.

He and an astonishingly large number of people sit all day on Skype playing pretend broker, where they work as intermediaries for multi-billion dollar deals (sometimes it's even in the trillions).

They do retarded things like selling historical bonds for their nominal 8-figure value when they're worth 50 bucks at most because they're not valid anymore and are sold as a collection item.
They send him pictures of the (often homeless-looking) owner with 50 of them in his hands trying to sell them for 10 billions or stuff like that.

They talk about private placement programs that yield 500% daily on multi-billion dollar investments, or about trading commodities in absurd quantities (they once worked on a deal where the amount of gold being sold exceeded all the mined gold in the world).
Also a ton of other type of businesses that a child couldn't believe, but I CBA to type them all. You get the idea.

The seller/buyer is always some random guy (often from a third world country) that allegedly acts on behalf of world-power governments and huge companies like Gazprom, Saudi Aramco, etc.

All the proof they have is some amateurly-made PDF that could have been made by anyone with a computer, or even a real one with edited data.

They all come from all walks of life that aren't related to finance and in 7+ years that he's done this he never met anyone who closed one of these deals (obviously), but he believes a lot of people become rich because every time one of his collaborators gets out of this (and changes his number/skype), they all believe that it must be because he got rich and doesn't want to share with his former collaborators.

All they know about finance they learned from one another and believe the words of some random guy on the Internet who never even closed 1 deal as gospel.

(1/2)

(2/2)

They also spend half their time arguing about how to split the multi-billion dollar commission despite all of them being dirt-poor (except the rare few who also have other jobs, which are at most middle class).

I think they call them "Joker Brokers", and the whole thing is basically retarded scammers trying to scam other scammers with a bunch of retards in the middle believing both.

I still don't understand how retarded this thing is. FFS, even those nigerian 419 scammers are smarter than this.
Then I remember how much of an all-around retard he is and everything makes sense.
This is not even the stupidest thing he's done. Only the most damaging, as it has fucked our family beyond repair on so many levels.

Also, I made everything up, because there's no chance of me saying something so risky about a thing that could be illegal on a website where law enforcement is knows to visit, right?
After all, the stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

I tend to believe.

I have a handful of treasure hunters in my family. Broke fellows of relatively low IQ that are convinced they're going to stumble onto billions of dollars worth of lost gold without really working at it.

I used to believe them when I was a kid, and I admit to spending a fair amount of time treasure hunting. Always you'd hear stories of "I know a guy that knows a guy that found millions of dollars worth of gold buried inches below the surface."

but I grew out of that. I still go metal detecting for pocket change and lost jewelry, but I know that's no substitute for a job and a retirement account. It's a hobby, the odds of winning big are actually better in the lottery.

kek, Alberta has tons of fucking work. You don't know what you're talking about.

>I have a handful of treasure hunters in my family
Were you on that thread about the Lost Rhoades mine last week?
I suddenly have the urge to draw fake maps and sell them to dumbfucks in Utah.

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know it was actually a thing. I thought it was a hobby of mostly old rich people who actually organize serious expeditions (with real scientists, historians, etc).
Never knew about the "amateur" side.

Do they do any kind of research/study or they just go on a regular beach or in the woods with a metal detector?
If so, what kind of research is it?

yes, that's me.
I've seen people go to prison for everything from fake treasure maps to fake gold bars to investments in mining companies that will do nothing but get investments and then go out of business.

most of the people involved in that are either scammers or suckers.

some of them do serious research including visiting ancient church libraries and wandering around hunting down and interviewing anyone with some knowledge of the subject.

Most just read every bit of published info they can find online or at the library regarding the specific treasure they're hunting.

there's also a lot of schizophrenia and spiritualism in the hobby. People dowsing maps or consulting with spirits. People that claim to have received special knowledge. It doesn't pay off though. Amateur treasure hunters of that sort almost never succeed.

Ah I see...

It makes sense that something like this attracts spiritual people.
My father is also very religious and spiritual.

I think it all stems from the kind of mindset you need to start believing in illogical things without a reason, because it makes you feel good.

>I think it all stems from the kind of mindset you need to start believing in illogical things
this is it exactly.

this is also why Amway and other MLM's target fundamentalist Christians exclusively.

Yeah lol, the funny thing is that my father was in a couple of those MLM too about 15 years ago.

This is too stupid to be a lie.
But how can it be real? How can so many people fall for something so completely surreal?

yep, my family has done Amway, Melaleuca, Legal Shield, and Herbalife.

I think all of them have lost money on each one.

at least those aren't huge losses. A hundred bux here or there. My wife sold Mary Kay for a while but she actually made money on that deal. Not enough to care about, but at least it was a profit.

>I think it all stems from the kind of mindset you need to start believing in illogical things
Did you ever read Supreme Gentleman's manifesto?
He literally thought he was "destined" to win the lottery and spent thousands on it. Every time he didn't, he rationalized why it didn't happen and ended up crushingly depressed.
I have no idea why he offed all those people.

the poor fucker, your sister sounds like a greedy whore

>He literally thought he was "destined" to win the lottery and spent thousands on it. Every time he didn't, he rationalized why it didn't happen and ended up crushingly depressed.
What a strange delusion.

>I have no idea why he offed all those people.
Because he hated normies.

holy fuck is your dad a Nigerian scam artist or something? does he have strong juju?

I ask myself the exact same thing almost every day.
I especially find it hard to rationalize how he still believes all these things after I show him all the proofs that they're fake.
Neither fact, nor logic, nor pure and simple data work with him. He'd rather believe what his friend told him on Skype than Wikipedia or some .gov website.

We can only hope at least we (and our loved ones) won't fall into something like that in the future, but I honestly find it dificult to be optimist.
Pic related to you my friend.

>Did you ever read Supreme Gentleman's manifesto?
I skimmed it but there was a bit too much crazy in there for me to read the whole thing.

When I was his age I firmly believed I'd find a lost treasure worth more than I could ever spend. I kept that fantasy going clear into my 30's.

then my business endeavors took off and I kinda forgot about my silly hopes.

I do understand that people need something to hope for though. Getting rich would be a nice change for most people.

Nope.
At least Nigerians don't actually believe the bullshit they're saying.

>someone says there isn't much work
>immediately someone else claims there's lots of work

>What a strange delusion
Sometimes when I visit this board, I think he really never died.

>he hated normies
He sure did. Partially because they stole his Gucci shades and pushed him off a ledge.

I had a metal detector once too.
Thankfully, my dad realized I was an idiot, so I wound up with a cheap one that didn't work for shit/broke almost immediately.

>We can only hope at least we (and our loved ones) won't fall into something like that in the future,
my oldest kid asked me to sponsor him in Herbalife a few years back. He was underage and needed an adult to sign for him.

I gave him an hour long lecture on why it's a terrible idea and finally asked him why he wanted to join.

"I want to be a business owner like you, Dad."

It was the sweetest thing he's said to me since he was a kid. I sponsored him and paid his starter's fee.

Then I started training him on how I run my businesses so one day he can have one of them or start his own. I love the guy.

I find a few thousand dollars a year worth of junk with my detector, but then I spend like 40 hours a week detecting all spring, summer and fall. Just a retired man's hobby really. I don't play golf.

>Dad thinks investing in the stock market is a scam
M-might as well be... Right fellas?

Good on you for educating your son. As long as you make sure he understands why these things are bad...

Also, wtf? How is it legal for Herbalife to allow minors to go around working for an MLM and selling to other gullible kids?

He's got a good head for business, currently he's a GM for another company. He made General Manager in less than a year after starting at the bottom, I'm pretty proud of him.

legally he wasn't in Herbalife, I was. So kids can't really sell to other kids, they have to have their parents sign up. I'd guess most parents won't go along with it. I certainly wouldn't have if he didn't say what he did. But I can't stomp on a kid's ambitions, especially when he learned them from admiring my own.

>especially when he learned them from admiring my own
That's why I'm going to make my work seem unappealing as possible to my kid. I don't think it, or 90% of the other things I did are appropriate for him.
With any luck, he'll choose a completely unrelated path.

Kids can't sell to other kids TECHNICALLY.
If I understand it correctly, the kids do all the activities but just do them in their parent's name, correct?
I imagine there would be a lot of gullible/ignorant parents who would sign for their kid (even just to make him happy), so they would go and convince their friends, and so on...

Or am I understanding it wrong?

for sure.
I worked pretty hard to talk my kid out of joining the Marines like I did at his age. I really wish I hadn'ta done that. It was a great learning experience and went pretty far in making me who I am today, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone I like.

No, I think you're right. It costs $100 to join iirc though, and most of my son's friends' parents probably don't have that to throw away.

most kids would probably rather have a video game or some such anyways.

>joining the Marines
Fucking hilarious.
Me too.

did you do it or did you know better?

I joined during the first gulf war. About a million years ago.

Yeah, I guess so.
I hope it's not too widespread, but then again I imagine it'd be better for them to join young and learn from the failure when they're kids and it can't do much damage, rather than discovering it when they're already adults and potentially ruining their lives.

I did it.
Got one of those cool medals for the Gulf War too, even though I joined near the end.

I think it ruins your life even more if you're successful at it. Being a great scammer isn't really anything to be proud of in my opinion.

but I agree. Lessons learned young might be the best ones. They usually cost less anyways.

kek.

I'mma laugh if we served together. Hollywood marine, I did basic at the end of 90 and start of 91. Then did a couple years at Pendleton.

yeah, I got a fire watch ribbon sitting around somewhere too.

>I think it ruins your life even more if you're successful at it. Being a great scammer isn't really anything to be proud of in my opinion.
How so?
As long as it's considered legal by your country and you don't care or know that you're setting people up for failure (which is usually the case), what would ruin your life?

>if we served together
Nah, I went to the island.
Shoveled horse shit at Pendleton, though.
Good times.

it's not really a respected or respectable way to make money. And what kind of person do you have to be to sell worthless junk to people and get rich off them?

it trains sociopaths. Just my opinion.

the only horse shit I got to shovel was 3/5 darkhorseshit. good times indeed.

Ah ok, I agree on that.

I thought there was some other practical consequence that would make you end up in a bad financial situation and things like that.

Why don't you talk about it with your sister?!

Stupid people need help, really. Just help her understand her stupid behaviour. Just try it at least.

>good times indeed
I watched a guy getting blanket partied get one arm free and split another guy's scalp with his flashlight (he was writing a letter).
Best of luck, Jarhead.

>Best of luck, Jarhead.
and to you as well, old man.

get a goldman sachs online savings account
>1.05 percent interest
>compound daily, paid monthly
>no minimum balance
>no monthly account fees
>no transaction fees

I got one as a secondary savings account and set it up so 15 percent of my paycheck is direct deposited into it. Haven't checked it in a while, but it's nice to know I have a few thousand just chilling and making me some extra money

youtube.com/watch?v=_Nh3z3PSAkE

what if your dad has whooping $$$ savings account for you because of this "job"

Kek that would be fun, but as I said, this thing put our family through so much shit that it would require a special kind of crazy to let everything happen just to preserve a surprise.

He's stupid and illogical, but definitely not this crazy.

>and always get told how stupid I am with my money because I like to go on fishing trips.

why do people do this? A few days ago I bought a sixpack of water bottles, so I have enough to go on 3 short mountain hikes and then my dad gets all butthurt "hurr why you need 6, if you need more 2 you just go buy more".

I hate this pretentious butthurt, when they buy all that useless garbage that they don't need.

Retarded stepsister here.
>Same age as me
>I went to state college on my own savings
>work 30 hours a week to live decently and still be able to afford my lifestyle
>got a business degree, work at a local construction company, living comfortably

>she goes to Out of state university, takes out rediculous loans to pay for housing/food everything
>she has no job entire 5 years of her program
>she decides to take a year off before her final semester
>goes overseas vacationing to Rome, Cabo San Lucas, Jamaica, Japan, and Chile
>still no income
>moves to Atlanta
>gets job at PwC auditing, $60,000/yr with no advancement opportunities
>confesses to me in tears over the phone how she's $589,000 in debt

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN BORROW THAT MUCH ANYWAY. What institution would even consider loaning out to someone with no background of work whatsoever?

Oh and she's defaulting on her loans for the first year, so her interest increases by 0.6% or something each year.

And to top it all off she has herpes from fucking an island boy and she weighs 175lbs.

I'm appalled

What would the monthly payments be on $589k?

I'm not sure, but she's renting in Atlanta and her condo payments are $1100/month.
Add food/vehicle/utilities and she's going to be paying like 80% of her income just to exist

What an incredible story. I thought my sister was bad.

> goes to private college on some scholarships, mostly loans.
> goes for physics has school job.
> halfway through decides dining services is too hard, drops it.
> decides physics is too hard, gets a liberal arts degree instead.
> gets a job out of school at family video because she can't get a real job.
> quits and takes a trip (using all her savings) to europe.
> comes back, moves to Georgia, where she can't get work. Defaults on her loans.
> finally gets job at starbucks.

> mfw she calls and tells me her credit is sub 300, but it's going up now.
> tfw I have a real job now (I'm four years younger). Get paid 70k, all my shits in order. 700+ credit, apartment and qt gf. She's still a barista.
> mfw my family openly talks to me about what a disappointment she is...

Are you me? Girls, man. Some are fucking imbeciles.

I make $70,000/yr, my parents are proud of me and my credit is 785 or something idc because it's good.

I bought a house last year and I'm going to get married to a school teacher. Life is rad.

No kidding. My mom spends at least half of all our conversations batching about how she's wasting her life.

My gf is gonna be a vet. Then we'll be a real power couple

Immortal.

Fug

>confesses to me in tears over the phone how she's $589,000 in debt

Prepare yourself to attend her funeral after she blows her brains out.

I live in Alberta. I'm not lying to you.

what kind of experience / training do i need to work out there

Depends on what trade you'd like to be involved with. You can generally get hired as an apprentice for electrician, pipefitting, ironworker, scaffolder, laborer or teamster without schooling or experience, and work your way up from there. Plant operators, HVAC guys, inspectors, welders, safety and engineers of all types generally require schooling to be considered.

Working on the rigs is a little different. You can get hired by those companies directly out of highschool. I know a few people who left highschool in grade 10 to do it, actually. But it's a long ladder to climb.

It's a really diverse field with many ways of entering. My advice is to apply to all the different unions here and try finding work through their private job boards.

>creates new bullshit
>catered around "teach your sons how to run their own business...by letting them do it!"
>dads sign up so sons can "succeed"

thanks user, never realized one can profit off of the love of their son

"i have money in oil": the post