What does Veeky Forums think of the 2016 Toyota Tacoma...

What does Veeky Forums think of the 2016 Toyota Tacoma? I'm looking to buy a new pickup and an F150 or Tundra is too big for what I'd use it for

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AFC9sh1msM
truckyeah.jalopnik.com/why-you-dont-want-the-manual-transmission-2015-chevy-co-1699196098
chevrolet.com/colorado-small-truck/build-your-own.html
chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/build-your-own.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i've never, ever seen a new truck actually used for work, just mall crawling.

very few people absolutely need the slight increase in towing capacity. pretty much any pickup made in the past decade will haul decent amounts of wood, tools, manure, plants, dogs, dead animals, live animals, trailers, etc with no problem.

>very few people absolutely need the slight increase in towing capacity.
It isn't slight, but if you never need to move heavy shit or tow more than a dirtbike, its a great truck. I love how it looks, I love how the new 4runner looks, but I need a truck that can tow shit.

Why do you need a truck?

If you plan to go off road why would you get a new truck to abuse?

I love mine. I got the TRD Off Road 6MT. Already swapped out the wheels, put in Katzkin leather, tinted the windows, and ordered a Leer cover for it. Going to wait until I have more money to do an OME lift and ARB bumper and upgrade the tires in the process.

>truck
That's just a minivan with a basket on the back.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AFC9sh1msM

everything you ever wanted to know about the tacoma

I don't get why people go off road in trucks anyway, just get a dirtbike or ATV

I would say get a colarado but the new gen is XBOX huge so the point is mute

What happened to compact pickup trucks?

[citation needed]

Baecause a dirtbike or ATV lacks the range and payload, genius.

Payload for what? Are you going on some kind of grand expedition into the wilderness?

>range
Carry a jerry can

shall we begin

Begin what? Talking about people being stupid blowing their engine in a financed car?

>Payload for what? Are you going on some kind of grand expedition into the wilderness?
That's generally why people take trucks offroad. And fishing, general camping, taking the dogs for a run and gathering firewood.
>Carry a jerry can
And use up what limited cargo capacity there already is so I can travel for another hour and a half? Cool story.

>He isn't /overland/

comical

People do all that shit on ATVs all the time

>And use up what limited cargo capacity there already is so I can travel for another hour and a half? Cool story.
At 20mpg a 5 gallon can is 100 miles. I don't think I know anyone who collects firewood 100+ miles from home. And unless you're going at highway speed offroad that's a lot longer than an hour and a half.

>All that unneeded shit

gross, might as well just go full retard and get an RV

>replacement engine sourced days later
>car will be ready by Wednesday
>total downtime 1 week 5 days

Yeah hurts my wallet real bad kek

Colorado duramax is better

A truck with more than 2 seats is a big bitchmobile

95% of non commercial new truck buyers would be far better off buying a suv/crossover and a 5x8 trailer. Instead, they live in some dream world where they like to think they are "blue collar" or "country".

truck thread?

fuck i want one of these so bad... it hurts...

>Unneeded

Do you do outdoor stuff ever that isn't on a campground? There's a lot you need to bring.

>People do all that shit on ATVs all the time
In a vehicle that's not registerable in all but very few places that can carry no more than a wheel barrow load of firewood? Sure m8.
I don't see why anyone would spend substantially more to buy a limited use vehicle, only to have to trailer to properties and parks. Not to mention severely limit capacity, range (unless you limit capacity further carrying extra fuel) and omit a lockable enclosed waterproof cab.
That's much more of a compromise than offroading an appropriately sized pickup. Unless your idea of offroading is jumping or doing donuts in sand, then I guess an ATV is for you.

> I'm so much more masculine than you, I don't need any camping equipment. I just head to the middle of nowhere with nothing more than a small bag of trail mix, stand in the in the forest and wait for the sun to come up
Different strokes for different folks I guess. If that's how you enjoy camping, so be it.

My bitch. 1981 c10, 305/350.
She tows trailers of all sizes, hauls loads of all shapes and sizes in the bed, gets daily driven, and hauls my friends and our bikes.
Most loaded down for this poor half ton was 2 tons of gravel in the bed and a skidsteer on a tandem axle trailer being towed. Shit was scary with 2.73s at that point, it could hit about 50mph on the freeway and thats it.

Drove a 2016 trd offroad taco. I mean they are okay at best. The 6 speed is constantly shifting and hunting for gears and the interior is really subpar for how much you pay. Look at a Chevy colorado, I liked the ride and power put down.

>i've never, ever seen a new truck actually used for work, just mall crawling.
that's because you're a soft-handed, frail white cityboi

Be real, my nigga. How many trucks do you actually see being used for work or off roading? Seeing a new truck with a full bed or a single spec of dirt on it is as rare as an unriced civic.

Stop living in memeville then, I see work trucks and stock civics far more often than not. Shit, I have a truck, and I haul produce in it for chickens and tow horse trailers weekly, but because I keep it clean, nice, and keep the bed liner from getting fucked up your sperg ass would think it isn't being used for work.

Meh...
Nip trucks are for bros with backwards hats and Oakleys on. If you plan to tow or haul things you get a Silverado or my personal pick Sierra, Tacoma is just the frat boy truck now.

If you plan to just drive a cooler full of bud light to the next mountain bike meet up then by all means get a Tacoma. I will be busy hauling a packed half ton trailer with two ATVs in the bed along with a weeks worth of camping gear in my glorious GMC Sierra Z71.

i've been enjoying mine. the gm trucks have tragic offroad capability

>nip trucks that are specifically USA designed and delivered
Your opinion, into the trash

>truck camping
>calling other people names
I can fit an entire bull elk in a short bed Tacoma so I don't see what I'd need a bigger truck for.

What are you guys? Communists?

Why does Veeky Forums sperg out over trucks? Who cares what people actually use them for work or not? They're like the modern day luxobarge, big, comfy, and powerful.

You definitely want a full bed tho senpai

>I don't need a full bed
>yes you do
Y-you too

It's the blue-collar fags and teenagers who think they're superior for driving muh racekars. The blue collar guys feel like their identity is being stolen by people they already resented, and the kids can't fathom how it could be a good thing to be comfy and have spare room.

>is too big for what I'd use it for
Carting yourself around, carrying groceries, maybe moving a few items of furniture?
Yeah, it's too big for what you need. You don't need a truck. You WANT a truck.

Trucks come in handy as second vehicles, more so than almost anything else. If I were to get a second vehicle, it would definitely be a tacoma or ranger sized truck. A tundra is too big for many applications.

>the point is mute

lmao I think you meant to say the point is moot

Only Mexicans need trucks

My dad uses a truck as a daily driver but only really uses the truck bed for hauling shit on the weekends plus he goes camping a lot so it comes in handy there.

Be real my nigga, you are just talking out of your basement

Also plenty of Mexicans in trucks around here have gardening shit or are hauling some other nonsense

Like what was posted a little earlier,
I've been drooling over the Colorado Duramax (diesel). Something like 190 hp but 380 ftlbs of torque. It's a direct competitor of the Tacoma.

I have a 00 Cherokee XJ with 130k on it. Im debating which road i shall pursue. Cleaning up the rust on xj and doing a suspension overhaul or counting my losses and commit to a truck loan.

If the cab is longer than the bed it's shit.

Interior is a lot better than the previous gen. I may look to pick up a 2017/2018 next year.

The chrome grills look like shit though, the SR5 and TRD Pro grills are better imo.

agreed, im gonna stick the pro grill and skid plate on my offroad as soon as they come out

Wait for the diesel chebby Colorado

I fucking hate these southern rich cunts ricing out good trucks. I drive my dad's cummins and every old ford trys to fuckin race me.

Make it happen senpai I will pray for you to get that truck :^)

Wait for the cheby senpai roll coal, aND when it's got around during 200k on it gut it and use it for a crawler.

I disagree on the interior. I drove a 16 tacoma on 33 bfg mud terrains for work the other day and while the seats were nice, it's kinda shitty. And it didn't have a column shifter. Like come on, if it's an auto it needs to have a column shifter IMO.

I agree. The whole center console meme needs to die a horrible cancer ridden fireball engulfed death. I want a bench seat, good legroom, and a useable shifter location.

I said better than previous gen, which it is.

Big pro of the Tacomas is how stupidly they hold value, as long as they're 4WD.

Just got a 2016 sport. It's awesome. Veeky Forums is literally retardation don't listen to them.

Point is moot. New Colorado is the same size as the new taco. I like mine.

And you basically need a truck to Carry said quad or dirt bike. Just do truck stuff.

MFW I want a new Colorado but I don't wanna pay the price of a full sized one. Arent compact/mid sized trucks suppossed to be cheaper then full sized?

Get the work model with the 6speed manual and no back seats for 20k. I rally crossed it yesterday and then drove the cones back to storage. And still got 24mpg.

Ive heard the manual Colorados are just terrible.

>Get the work model

Is that what your model is?

I didn't know they sold enough to have People complain. I like mine. It doesn't stay in second over extreme terrain and it is so quiet I stall more than in my old truck but its not bad. People who want trucks don't want manuals.

don't kid yourself. four door trucks are the male equivalent to the soccer mom suv

Yes. Only way to get a manual. Still has power everything and a backup camera.

truckyeah.jalopnik.com/why-you-dont-want-the-manual-transmission-2015-chevy-co-1699196098

(I know its jalopnik but still)

>People who want trucks don't want manuals.

Really? i assumed more people wanted manuals in their trucks considering its better when hauling stuff. Its like they disappeared.

>Yes. Only way to get a manual.

So you can only get the manual versions if its the work truck version? What about the ones at the dealerships? Or are all those the automatic 6 speed?

it's worse for towing stuff.
and its worse for offroad.

Sure it doesn't compare to a v6 Colorado in towing but I have gotten up to 27mpg over 450 miles on the display. It's quick and handles nice. I would not get it to tow heavy loads or for mudding. I like it but he was critical In areas that don't apply to a two wheel drive four cylinder truck. It has good cargo capacity and it out runs z71 Silverados in a drag race.

Console shifting autos.

>Veeky Forums bitches about new trucks and double-cab setups
>everyone who actually owns the truck ITT loves it

Salty poorfags everywhere

95% of people would be far better off buying a Toyota corolla you cuck

God the interior is awful on Chevy and GMCs still. They probably depreciate like stones too.

Keep dreaming cuckfag

Get a slightly loved 4runner imo

holy shit that interior is bad. i mean they're all acres of plastic, but there's something distinctly cheap feeling about all that. the plastic, the user interface, all look like cheap shit

A fleet truck. It's supposed to feel like someone gave you something easy to clean and extremely affordable. It's not a fucking luxo barge. It's not the king ranch 4x4 dick compensation edition.

>Be real, my nigga
Ok. I love in the sticks, in an agricultural community. It's not uncommon to see shit from the sixties loaded down and creeping down the road.
Farm kids that wear cammo, chew skoal, and wear IH hats, yeah oddly enough it is because they actually do that shit around where I live. During deer season they ho hunting before school and even leave the rifle hanging in the back glass while parked in the school parking lot. The trucks look different then the coal rolling Brotrucks that come out of the burbs too. Mainly because they are farm trucks and used as such.
It sucks that it is a popular fad to dress up and play country boy, but somebody had to influence this shit, and that is the people who I love around. So Yeah nigga, I see trucks used for intended purposes all the time.

If you're looking at a tacoma, you don't need a truck

If you're looking at a 4 door short bed tacoma, you should just kill yourself

It's better than a full-size mall crawler. Op don't get anything less than a 6' bed but be aware that it's not easy to park in a city.

>it's too big
>it's Xbox huge
I swear you fags act like non driving Asian women. They are the only people who complain about vehicles being too big and hard to drive or park.
If you don't need a full size fine, but damn every thread on Veeky Forums somebody will start bitching about how something is just so huge and hard to park, just like a fucking woman.
>man up you soft faggots, it's five feet longer, deal with it.

I live in the city I'm thankful for the "short wheelbase" even if it puts me at the same size as the previous full-size truck. Any larger and I would not fit in my driveway.

This.
>oh my god, this cheap and cheerful truck has a cheap and cheerful interior!
Redundant statements of the year.
>why are you buying a 3/4 ton when you can get an older prime mover for the same price?
Your logic.

>Your logic.
I pointed out how faggots like you complain that vehicles are too big and hard to drive skippy, I never said shit about buying anything.

>I disregarded how how unnecessarily large trucks are too big for many applications and forced my opinion onto everyone else
Again, your logic;
>why are you buying a 3/4 ton when you can get an older prime mover for the same price?

You bought what suits your needs best, nothing wrong with that. My point was just that I take issue with people constantly bitching about how certain vehicles are too big and hard to drive. Chances are these same people ride the bus, or borrow mom's corolla anyway.
>would enjoy a pint in that cozy little pub

I have driven multiple full size and have driven an s10. The s10 was as functional for me as the full size. But the latest full size is wider than my parking space

No, again you are mistaken. I'm not trying to rationalize anything. I'm telling people like you to quit fucking bitching about dumb shit. No need to over complicate it or turn it in to a debate. You sound like a little bitch who can't drive when you complain about the size difference between a full size and mid size truck, simple as that.

>people give creditable reasons as to why something is wrong for their application
>wah you're a faggot bus rider
Yeah, I'm sure it's all of them who are bus riders

>No, again you are mistaken. I'm not trying to rationalize anything. I'm telling people like you to quit fucking bitching about dumb shit. No need to over complicate it or turn it in to a debate. You sound like a little bitch who can't drive when you complain about the size difference between a full size and semi tractor truck, simple as that.
Right back at ya.

>You bought what suits your needs best, nothing wrong with that.
I guessed you missed that part of my post?

Ah the bit where you backpedalled? Guess I did.

It didn't refresh by the time I posted. The mid-size is still quite useful. It's a good all around truck and the v6 can tow.

I still see you are having troubles trying to understand something as simple as when you constantly complain about something being too big and hard to drive when it is in fact not significantly larger by any means, you sound and act like a bitch.
Sorry I hit a little close to home for you, keep comparing semi trucks and prime movers to normal vehicles tho if it makes your autism happy.

Projection, the post.

>back pedaled
Whatever faggot. My point was with whiney faggots who complained about the size of normal vehicles, not with people who have to buy a certain size vehicle because of logistics. Nice fucking reading comprehension genius.

>everyone gives legitimate reasons as to why a midsize is better for their application
>I swear you fags act like non driving Asian women
What you literally said.
And then;
>You bought what suits your needs best, nothing wrong with that. My point was just that I take issue with people who have nothing to do with who I'm talking to
Looks like you're riding that bike backwards pretty hard.

My point exactly ;)
>Arent compact/mid sized trucks suppossed to be cheaper then full sized?
They are, substantially.
chevrolet.com/colorado-small-truck/build-your-own.html
chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/build-your-own.html