Does anyone else hate Crown Vics? I keep getting triggered by them...

Does anyone else hate Crown Vics? I keep getting triggered by them, especially if they're actually ex-cop cars that still have those bumper guards in front.

Cue the entrance of that cotton candy blue P71 autist

What about these?

>not a crown vic
>no police trim

ayy.

What's wrong with them?
In my opinion they are so generic its kinda endearing in its own way.
Im not a burger by the way.

Their owners are autistic, power-depraved man children who abuse the little authority they have on the road with cars they can play police man with.

Exhibit A - One of our very own Crown Vic autists took it upon himself to engage in dangerous pursuit with someone who he "identified" as a criminal. Bear in mind he is NOT affiliated with any LEO's and the proper course of action upon identifying any suspicious vehicles would be to phone law enforcement and give his position and the direction he's heading. If you really wanted to set the bar higher, consider following him in a non aggressive manner and at a safe speed as not to endanger yourself or others. You should also remain on the phone with dispatch bringing updates to the situation.

>get pulled over and fined for using your phone while driving

:^)

>unwarranted assumptions: the post
what exactly are you doing that makes you scared when a cop pulls up next to you?

>trusting cops

cops are literally the law. the law itself is a piece of paper, and on that paper is a series of vague and convoluted statements. a lot is open to officer interpretation, and after that, it's your lawyer, the judge, and the jury. if you can't afford a good one, it's the "honest" officer's word against yours and the scumbag lawyer.

Veeky Forums is full of young, creepy looking men with few friends and nice cars. Veeky Forums is full of cop bait of the kind that gets "unwarranted acceleration" tickets and no sympathy from the jury.

therefore, Veeky Forums has an instinctual fear of crown vics like cats have a fear of dogs.

You just hate them because you've spent more time in the back of one then driving your own car Tyrone.

1) they should remove all that shit before sale
2) I'd never buy one lest some nut job thinks I'm a cop and shoots me point blank while I'm parked somewhere.

It's happened a few times so it's not unprecedented

One of the teachers at my school had one. Around 2000 iirc
I liked it, had a nice sounding exhaust too.

Kek

I have choice between ls400 and c Vic wats best?

It depends, if the guy just committed a hit and run where someone may have been injured, keep on their tail until police can take over, but make sure you're actually updating dispatch about the situation. They should be held liable.

TL:DR:
>the backseat wasn't really comfy, i dindu nuffins im a free citizen.

I actually get kind of excited when I see one still in use

>tfw crown vics are slowly getting phased out
>tfw they will all soon only be driven by autistic edgelords and no longer be badass, law enforcement, battlewagons

They're generic and work, sometimes that's all you need. Plus the bumper guard allows you to fuck deer shit up and not have to deal with a punched radiator.

I do get a little triggered by them but they're so sexy I don't even mind. I wish the police would keep using them forever. I just wish taxicabs would stop using them so I don't have to be triggered unnecessarily every time I see one.

>he doesn't understand why someone would be drawn to a cheap, simple, comfy, and durable full-size sedan capable of hektik snow skids and a decent v8 exhaust note

I'm that Crown Vic Autist, but you left out some important details.

The "identified criminal" I was following was a police impersonator that I recognized from a news article; they would pull women over and rape them, IIRC. So I started following them while calling the police. The driver saw that I was following and nailed the throttle trying to lose me, so I followed at a distance to avoid any mishaps while I kept police dispatch informed of the location.

But I guess the fact that I DO own a Crown Vic, and have to deal with the fallout of police impersonators making all CV owners look bad, means that I have no business trying to help catch a fucking rapist piece of shit. God, what kind of asshole must I be!?

And yes, my jimmies are experiencing some turbulence.

No. They make a fun cheap rally car. A v8 rwd with a back end that you throw around corners for $2000? How can you hate that?

>identified a police impersonator that rapes women
forgot to mention you identified him in a mirror there friendo

You could say he's a modern day daredevil, he just had a sixth sense it was the guy. And everyone at his local acme had to hear him about it when he passed them with his carts.

How did the chase end? Hopefully with you cleaning blood off the hood of your Vic.

Oh shit my cover is blown!

It was the flashing eBay red and blue LEDs that gave him away.

As soon as police started getting close, I pulled over and told the dispatcher where a cop could meet me to get my statement. The police lost him even though I gave them his license plate.

Pissed me off. They caught him a year later when he tried to pull over an off-duty cop.

>police
>being competent
>ever

How many people did he rape during that year?

>Fedora: The Post

Kek
>hey caught him a year later when he tried to pull over an off-duty cop.
Top kek, what a fag. I hope he got his ass beat for that shit.

I always thought those bumper guards were dumb as hell. if you want to keep the rims and grille thats fine, looks sporty, but that bumper guard looks shitty on a car that isnt actually a cop

Wrong wheels for a cop car.

I own a crown vic and at night everyone infront of you slows down or immediately turns.

Dad bought me and ex state police crown victoria to drive when I turned 16
It was great, fantastic A/C and the engine was a police pursuit, fast and quick
All they did was take out the computer, light bar and the decals
Dad put a roof rack on it and we painted the white parts black, still had the super tinted windows and the rear seat cage
Loved that car, everywhere I went all the other cars either slowed way down or would turn into driveways
We put some reflective decals on the roof rack, made it look more like a light bar, up on the interstate, get in the passing lane and everyone just moves
I need to get another one of those
Great times

I drove a '95 crown vic for a while.

It was overrated. Wasn't fast, didn't handle well, worse gas milage even than I thought. Wasn't "comfy" because the leather seats were torn to bits and the interior is SHIT.

I'll take Things That Never Happened for $500, Alex.

Fuck off tripfag, we don't want your kind here.

It's not the Crown Vics that bother me, it's the 2011+ Ford Explorers. Can never tell if it's a cop or not.

>wannabe cop chases cop impersonator

I have to ask, if you actually caught up to him what would you have done?

>made it look more like a light bar,
It's like your dad was trying to kill you

I haven't seen a Panther car for $2000 in years. Fuck everything, I just want a goddamn V8 barge.

Around here they've started using Taurus Interceptors, white ones with white police decals that are only visible from dead-on sideways.

Pretty bullshit.

Around me atleast, the Explorer cop cars have bullbars on them, even undercover ones.

The explorers are actually pretty easy to spot. I've already memorized what their headlights look like in my rearview. The Tauruses are hard to spot though.

i want one really bad desu m8

omg!!

Has anyone ever put together an image of every modern cop car headlight/taillight?

So you're worried about getting pulled over all the time, is that what it is?

>even undercover ones.

lolwut? Not undercover then.
That's unmarked. Don't know why they bother with them though. Undercover cars I would hope aren't vics at all

The chargers my state police got are breddy sweet looking.

my favourite is the ones with the lights on the drivers side window

The search light?

Someone on Jalopnik did but I'm not going to link because fuck those Jews.

> pic related

I wasn't trying to catch him, you dingus. I was following him at a distance so the police would know where he was.

You too hun

I really don't like Crown Victorias/Grand Marquis, but I love Mercury Marauders.

ya

I find it annoying that police departments are adopting a bunch of different cars now that crown vics are being phased out. It sucks because it's making it hard to spot police cars.

Are you excluding everything from 79-97? LTD Crown vics and first gens go for next to nothing usually.

lel