Shit People May Not Know About Their Cars

Post any features your car has that others may not know because they didn't read their fucking owner's manuals (or perhaps you have read it, but missed something).

It has to be a factory feature and not something aftermarket.

I'm not sure about older Honda Accords, since the model I have received upgrades before the facelift, but my 2005 LX has the ability to have all windows roll down remotely - press the unlock button once and then press it again, but hold it; you can also do this on the door, by turning and holding the key (counter)clockwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNdygguAMQA
primewire.ag/tv-5231-Top-Gear-UK/season-21-episode-1
troublecodes.net/toyota/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm assuming the main reason for that feature is for convince on a hot day.

Or if you're a dumbfuck parent who left your kid in the car, having the windows rolled down remotely could save the kid's life in time, instead of racing all the way back to the car.

But then that will leave the kid vulnerable to kidnappers.

Disable the seat belt chime in Ford trucks by some combination of turning key, turning lights on and off and clicking/ unclicking seatbelt. Searbelt light will flash 3 times and then the chime will be deactivated until you re-activate it.

Automatic seatbelts are terrible but many insurance companies will give a small discount for having them.

It was news to me.

That's standard these days. I was given that as a feature on new Vauxhalls, and there's a button on the key for it.
My Focus can do it, but I don't know how. I've only ever done it by accident while trying to do some maintenance task with the keys in my pocket.
Focus:
You can apparently have the car interface with your phone, read out text messages, write them on the dashboard or do speech-to-text, and handle phone calls for you. I discovered that while reading the manual, and decided I couldn't be bothered.

Stealth mode is below 40MPH and 2k RPM. Nothing will hear you coming. That's why I drive with lights on pretty much constantly in winter; people don't SEE it either.
Not a problem in summer because I can put the windows down and crank the stereo.

Sounds like a lot of trouble to go to in order to solve an issue that could ALSO be solved by using your goddamned seatbelt.

2nd gen mazda 6 (2009-2013)

Has auto locking doors. A certain distance away for a couple minutes and the doors auto lock on all trim levels.

If you get OEM TPMS sensors and put them in your aftermarket wheels, the TPMS system eventually resets and registers the new sensors without having to manually reset it.

The rear deck has a hole for a factory sub in all trim levels that fits any 8" sub.

At the same time, pull all 4 handles of a Skoda Octavia and all the glasses go down(if yours have an sunroof, that'll open too). This is a fucking safety feature and pls don't use it for illegal purposes.

All AW11s are project cars

>hold down the lock and unlock button on the fob for a few seconds and it changes whether one door or all doors unlock on the first touch
>has a failsafe cooling feature where it shuts down alternate cylinders to pump in air to cool the motor
>has a rear sway bar and "Sport Tuned Exhaust" because manual coupe
>can still use key fob after car is started so it can be locked while warming up

Holy shit now I can't ever own an Octavia. Is that disableable? There is too much crime around here for it to be that easy to open a car without the key.

Launch control on my 2013 5.0, it has some stupid sequence you have to go through. And the system sucks you're better off learning to slip the clutch

Obligatory safety feature
youtube.com/watch?v=VNdygguAMQA

Sounds like you just blew the fuse by confusing it with all the stupid shit you did in a span of 15 to 30 seconds

Older bmw's you just have to push the key hole on your trunk to open the trunk no need to put your key in.

I've got a volvo 740 and there are *secret* compartments everywhere, there is even a fair bit of space inside of the steering wheel.

Do Not Allow Children to Drive This Car.
People buy their kids fast shit and then wonder how the fucking died.

Most newer VWs including Seat and Skoda roll all the windows down when you press and hold 'open' on your remote and close them all when you press and hold 'close'

in civilized countries there are laws that say learning drivers can not have more than 200kw/tonne and no performance modifications of any kind

A 1 ton vehicle with 200kw is already a fucking rocket.

i think he means 125kw/tonne
v6 commodores barely make it on those lists and they are 210kw for 1.8 tonnes

What, accords? lel, the V6 is pretty fast but would still get blown out by a v8 mustang.

V6 camry's and maximas are just as fast

There is a knob or a stick like thing right behind your steering wheel. If you see two arrows pointing opposite direction, that's the knob where you have to pull up and pull down to get the blinkers on the four corners of your car blink up. It can also serve a useful purpose to show which direction you are gonna go. Not many people seem to know it, pls share this amazing fact.

There's a book that comes with every car that tells you how to use it.

I've met 3 people who actually knew about this feature.

Also on 2012+ Ford focuses, you can reset the oil maintenance sensor by turning the power on in the car without starting it, then holding the brake and throttle pedals to the floor for 30 seconds.

God dammit how do i watch the rest.

So much storage, I have a small ammo tin in each side beside the storage for the spare.

Subaru 5EAT auto transmissions have a sport mode. When in sport mode the throttle mapping becomes more aggressive but also changes the shift points dynamically. The TCU has a gyroscope/accelerator that predicts when to downshift in sport mode. For example when you enter a turn and break hard into the turn it will downshift to a lower gear than usual, for engine breaking and so you can pull out of the turn.

5eat imo is a pretty cool trans. not the typical shit subaru auto they put in stuff.

primewire.ag/tv-5231-Top-Gear-UK/season-21-episode-1

My FB RX7 had a neat safety feature where you could unlock the door with a pocket knife in case you accidentally lock the keys inside while it's running

First GEN Saturn's radiator overflow tank is part of the pressurized cooling system. Allowing coolant level to be checked without taking off the radiator cap. There's a sensor in the tank and a light on the dashboard.

First GEN Saturn has a spin on oil filter for the automatic transmission.

The 986 Boxster can lock it's doors with the motion sensors disabled when you double press the lock button on the remote

My 2004 Lancer will unlock the doors if you try to lock them using the door switch with the door open. This forces you to lock the door from the outside with the key or remote to prevent you from locking your keys inside the car

You can lock a Miata without using the key if you press the lock button inside and hold the door handle open when you close it

ive found in nearly every car i've driven that i can use my seatbelt to open beer bottles while driving! try it out with your car next time youre driving

Alfa Romeo Mito
Windows can be operated by the key fob from outside the car
There's a switch that makes the car jerky at low speed hidden by the gearstick

No, there's a certain combination in all Ford cars of the era. I believe it's buckle+unbuckle belt three times, flash headlamps, buckle+unbuckle thrice again, wait 7 seconds until it flashes, and then buckle+unbuckle once more. Google it babe

The Citroen C4 comes with a calculator, I guess that could be usefull if you're a math teacher or so.

The Renault Talisman comes with a digital fish tank so you don't get bored in traffic jams. You can even place fish eggs which will produce new fish.

In the Smart ForTwo you can turn the rev counter 360 degrees so your passenger can monitor your revs. Quite useful.

The Suzuki Swift comes with a light that is supposed to fool car thieves into thinking the car has an alarm.

And if you buy the new Kia Sportage, metallic blue is free but if you want the normal white non-metallic paint, it's 150€ extra.

Oh and just a friendly reminder that the Toyota Century still comes with a cassette player!

On most OBD-I Toyota engines, you can read DCTs without a reader. Just learned that today. Also learned my Hilux is leaning out because the dumbfuck exhaust shop I took it to decided the downstream o2 sensor apparently wasn't important when they put the exhaust on and just left it dangling in the wind.

troublecodes.net/toyota/

Hwres the site with instructions

I just bought a miata yesterday, I only knew about this because the power locks broke on my crv and I had to do that. I assumed it would work on a miata too