MR2 bread

>86 AW11
>One owner
>5 speed
>139K

What could possibly go wrong?

Also MR2 bread

Going to buy a NA sw20.
Things to look out for? purchasing tips?

I would just save up and buy a turbo. I used to have the NA version of a car and was sad and had to go buy the turbo. After that I decided to just only buy the top trim of any car. Unless you're specifically looking for an NA.

Buy a NA one and swap a 2GR in it, that's what I would do. 280 hp naturally aspirated, and 100 lbs lighter than the 3SGTE

desu after owning miatas for the past couple years, MR2s seem like a lot of fun to own. Lots of interesting swaps/mods and such. Plus interesting driving dynamics. I'd love to build a 20V 4AGE to swap into an AW11 one day.

That's the dream. A 20V aw11 would be an awesome car. I want one too!

that little trick of making the shadow project toyota onto the rear window is still the coolest shit imo

Have to meet P plat status for now, also my old man has a lysholm super charger sponsorship so later down the road I can throw one in with little cost.

Trying to find a not shit AW11 in the midwest is difficult.

Oh, I'm in the US. Everyone can drive whatever they want. That's cool about the SC tho.

I got mine for $1900 not passing emissions cuz the last guy took all the emissions equipment off but it was a pretty clean hard top fully stock besides some poly bushings, a header, and some cosmetics. Guy put exhaust gasket in fucked and made it leak like a bitch. 200k on the clock though. Figured id drive it like I stole it until the engine popped and save up for a 20v swap someday.

SW20 is like my dream car.

I got lucky and got mine for 1,200 with no problems but it's NA with some cosmetic issues.

I have a W30. Am I allowed to join? Kek

reporting in

MemeR2 owner reporting in. I have a blacktop swap tho. Velocity stacks and new pulleys are next on the to do list

How difficult/expensive is the swap?

Please explain why velocity stacks are better than a good plenum
Hard Mode:
>no feels

Vroom vroom user

I said no feels

Looking for my first ever car!

Sounds like a good idea, I'd have it looked at by a mechanic though before talking price

There are a decent amount of MR2 in my area, mainly only AW11 though.

I'm just concerned with
1. Their age
2. Their reliability
3. Practicality (I'm not saying I need to carry 4 people, I just need to be able to haul some bags full of clothes and a computer case with just me in it)

I am really in love with MR2s but I feel like buying one myself is really risky at this point in my life, makes me sad. I'm probably not even a good enough driver to have one

I told you to have a tech check it out because of its age, shit wears down and it's a 17 year old car

4A-GEs are some of the most reliable engines on the planet, seriously look it up

For practicality's sake the AW11 I think has the most storage available out of all three generations, I know it has an actual trunk, but the frunk is lacking

are those more mr2s in the background??

Can you be my tech?
Yes I think so

Yeah nah, you're going to need someone with more experience