Decreet mods

so im getting my probationary licence in a week but my mx5 (miata) is gutless as fuck. now i obviously want to upgrade it so its not slow as fuck but i dont know where to start.
turbo is out of the question and ill have to risk having intake and exhaust system but i need a list of other descreet mods i can do while staying n/a, where do i start?

Other urls found in this thread:

diymiata.com/exhintake.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you dont start

youre fucked

>my probationary licence in a week
how about you get a full license and spend a couple months learning how to be a safe driver before you spend daddy's money on turbos.

Any NA mods you do will provide no noticeable difference.
My suggestions are
1. Get an exhaust you like the sound of
2. Sways, spring/shocks, wheels tires
3. Make it look good if exterior mods are your thing.

Pic: my favorite NA miata

Get a turbo

not everyone is a ricer

What about that post is ricer?
The exhaust?
The suspension mods?
The optional exterior mods?
Or are you referring to the autoX spec miata I posted?

the rims look rice af, everything else is nice tho

> Work meister s1rs
> rice

You could put a little basket on the passenger side that holds your scissors, trimmer, blow dyer, and hair dyes

>Sway bars, tires, coilovers (keep at stock height unless you want to attract attention or w/e) for "muh grip" and "muh handling" = able to take corners faster - you should also make sure your brakes and shit are all gud-2-go and not running some cheap-ass pads
>Lighter flywheel for better throttle response
>Advance the timing a few degrees for more low-end torque, although you lose some top-end power, but if you hit up the touge it doesn't matter much (it will require pretty much require you to run premium fuel or whatever the fuck you guys call it there, otherwise you'll end up with pinging/detonation and fuck your shit up)
>If it's a 1.6L, replace the MAF with one from an FC RX-7 - the sensor is better/less restrictive
>Aftermarket ECU if you can get an intake that isn't garbage (doubt it, you're probably 2poor) and exhaust - tune it; keep it in the stock location under the carpet if possible
>I recommend Racing Beat's air intake for the NA as it's pretty much one of the only two dyno proven intakes for the first generation, alternatively there's the "Randall" cowl intake which requires you to cut a hole in the firewall - so you may regret it later on if you choose that one instead, I don't advise it...
Of course you can make knockoffs of them, there is a thread on a DIY Racing Beat intake that'll save you money.
>Flyin' Miata high-flow catalytic converter is p much the only dyno proven cat for the NA, too... I wouldn't bother wasting money on any other brands
>"Muh weight reduction"
>Airbags? Chuck 'em if you have 'em, legally can, and aren't afraid of "muh safety".
>Other things you can get rid of are the scissor jack and spare tire if you have them (doubt this too)
>If you don't like driving top-down and have a hardtop, you can uninstall the soft top... you can also delete the air conditioning - both of these will shed the most weight of anything you can take out of the car, besides the passenger seat
inb4youfuckshitup/gitfucked

Try again

Time to stop posting kid.

There is just about nothing you can do that adds a decent amount of power that a police officer won't notice.

Also this

Oops, 1.6 uses an AFM not MAF... I think. Forgot, fug it w/e. Anyway, IIRC, the OBX header is p gud for the NA (I've heard it flows better than Racing Beat's header as well, and it's a bit cheaper)... but you won't really get any gains from it if you don't change out the exhaust/intake completely and get a tune. Headers and shit are usually expensive as fuck so I don't really recommend it unless you have le daddies monies or something. Maybe look into getting a 6spd transmission so you can get some shorter gearing. And if you don't like the car much/don't think you'll be driving it for long, then don't do shit to it you faggot. Just sayin'. I see so many dumb fucking kids tear shit out their cars and buy cheap garbage that makes it ride like ass, so they bitch about it/lose interest and sell it as a steaming pile of shit. Don't be a cunt.

If you can't afford an ECU, something you can read up on is the "crystal mod".
diymiata.com/exhintake.html
You can also try this shit but it's probably 2advanced4u. Oh, and if you have a 1.8 and can get your hands on a '99 flat-top intake manifold, fucking do it. Best flow.

>my mx5 (miata) is gutless as fuck
Why'd you buy a slow meme car if you wanted a fast car?

Oh, PS: You'll still be fucking slow as fuck without boosting it, lmao - just not AS slow. If you think you could get away with ITBs instead of an air intake then fucking go for it, even better throttle response. Even more fucking expensive though, but IDK, maybe they're more common where you live, and if so, fuck you, lucky bastard.

>so im getting my probationary licence in a week

You evidently don't feel like you're on probation as a new driver and learning how to be a careful driving. Since you expect to drive your car in "performance style" you'll be one of the risky drivers.

New drivers pick up habits that will stick with them the rest of their driving life. Why not learn how to be a good driver instead of a power-hungry arrogant "performance" driver? Otherwise, you're going to end up training yourself to always be one of those "arrogant performance" drivers you probably already mocked for their inconsiderate driving as a passenger.

Why not stop making assumptions and acting like an asshole

>stance shit
>autoX spec

>suspension
>tyres
>brakes

kek, that stance shit will rub on the wheel wells like a motherfucker if you autocrossed it.

There isn't really anything you can do to the miata outside of turbo and supercharger

If you wanted something fast you already messed up.

Pull the rice eating engine and drop in a small block Ford V-8
Some Mustang Engine mounts line up with the existing Series 1 cars

Go online look up Monster Miata
This guy sells a kit, you supply the labor and engine
Did this to my '89 1/2, everything worked great, insurance went up, pulled everything from the car that was not needed for driving, everything
Let my son (16) drive it (just around the block), he wrecked it, totaled the car, he was not too hurt, went to the hospital, told the police I was going to kill him, I am but I will wait until he forgets, informed him that his college fund is now my Miata replacement fund, been 6 months and I finally found the body I want and am now working on the engine, kid wants to know about college, he is out of school in 2 weeks, told him, go to the Community school, start working or join the Military for the GI Bill, not my problem anymore, he has until July 1st to come up with a plan September he is out the door

...The guy with a great kit...

monstermiata webs com v8monsterkit

honestly, it's kinda your fault for letting him drive it.

You should suck it up and help him with college.

should i buy this Miata? I don't like convertibles and was considering a base 2000 Civic hatch

>CAI
>New Exhaust
>stainless steel headers
>port and polished heads
>aluminum flywheel
>"performance" chip

it will be more fun than a civic

Will it though?

yes

Who says? Do you have proof?
With a Miata I'll be stuck going slow for much longer

>Who says?
Me
>Do you have proof?
I owned a civic
sold it to buy a miata
>With a Miata I'll be stuck going slow for much longer
Yeah you won't win stoplight drag races but the miata is plenty fast and much more fun on curvy roads

>stoplight drag
Why are you acting I care about that?

And there are many people on this board that have sold miatas for civic and corolla fx

Are you asking questions just to ask questions? Or are you looking for genuine responses?

Genuine responses.
God, every Miata owner I talk to acts like this.

Baikufag here. The twisties are fun on a bike, but what's the appeal of twisties in a car? It seems like you'd just get beat around a lot, and you don't have much room to get a good line unless you leave your lane. I've never been on the twisties in my 2000 Pontiac Shitbox® so I don't get it.

>asks for genuine responses
>gives the most autismo replies to a subjective fact

Just get a civic. Since, obviously the "proof" of the 0-60 being 8 seconds instead of 9 seconds is more important for you than the fact a lot of people say the miata is fun/a driver's car and not the corolla's competitor as an appliance

Fuck I hate busriding benchracing faggots.

I even hate the miata too and you're stupid enough to trigger me.

Why are you projecting? This isn't about 0-60 times.

maybe its the fact everyone in a miata acts like a complete asshole

>everyone that chooses to drive a car i don't like are assholes!!

Why do you care about slow so much?

incorrect logic

its not that i dont like the car, its that everyone who drives one is an asshole

Just wait until you are off your P's then buy a SS Turpo Falcadore if you want something that isn't gutless.

>ricing out a vehicle before he has any experience driving it
Yeah, go ahead and put a fart can and cone filter on your 4 banger OP.

I don't know, this is what I made.
What?

Yes. This is obviously a case of projecting instead of you not being able to read. >> 15157598

Civic is fun too though, all cars can be fun.

>civic
>fun
if its not rwd its shit

the illegal window sticker?

All you did was list the same 2 points 6 times. Holy shit man

You're just cancer

Hello?

delete this

Hur dur not knowing what a spec miata is
What is adjustable suspension and having dedicated wheels?
Local scca allows it. He's not the only one who has one. They're popular with the s2k guys.

Stop it

Poop joesmiata num be t one

Considering you can't even spell 'discreet', I don't think you're qualified to drive a car.

>getting my probationary licence in a week
Oh, you're not.
>>/out/
>>/n/

you're cancer
>hurr the car community should never let new people in

NOS and hide the lines and bottle real stealth like.

Stay in school a while longer and mature a bit, then we'll welcome you.