ADAC Zurich 24-Hour Race | Nurburgring Nordschleife

Green Flag: 13h30 GMT, 15h30 Local, 9:30 EDT, 21:30 AEST
Session length: 24 Hours
Track Information: 25.947 km (16.123 mi) Combined Circuit, located in Nürburg, Germany.

Enteries by class:
SP9: 38 · SP10: 4 · SP8: 9 · SP8T : 3 · SP7: 13 · SP6: 5 · SP4T: 2 · SP3: 11 · SP3T: 7 · SP2T: 5 · SP-Pro: 1 · AT: 6 · V6: 7 · V5: 5 · V4: 6 · V3: 2 · V3T: 1 · V2T: 4 · Cup 1: 5 · Cup 3: 4 · Cup 5: 13 · TCR: 3 · SPX: 3 · E1-XP hybrid: 1 · Totalt: 158

Live stream: youtube.com/watch?v=5zspyrZ07Ok

Radio Le Mans: radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php

Spotters guide: sportscar-info.de/2016/05/07/24-stunden-rennen-auf-dem-nuerburgring-starterliste-2016/

Live Timing: livetiming.tracktime.info/nurburgring#screen-results

GPS Tracker: 24stundenonline.de/

Weather: myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Germany/Nurburgring-Circuit.aspx

Replays

24H Nürburgring Classic/Historic 2016 Full Race: youtube.com/watch?v=BkCELfCZAb8

24H Nürburgring Top 30 Qualifying ENGLISH w/ Radio Le Mans Commentary: youtube.com/watch?v=Ed4Kzm0wGEQ

24H Nürburgring Qualifying 2 ENGLISH w/ Radio Le Mans Commentary: youtube.com/watch?v=0ExKsqtk378

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC1gzEhuU2tfwjtJdNCHj7kw
youtube.com/watch?v=5zspyrZ07Ok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>my body is ready

sieht gemütlich aus brudi

Waren die Nachbarn letztes Jahr, aber das Bild ist einfach genial.

So muss das. Maximum Comfy, Bier und Rennsport. Nächstes Jahr fahre ich auch zum Ring. Komme was wolle

Also: HYPE! Who here is watching the whole 24h Stream?

I'll try to watch as much as I can.
Not sure if I'll go there ever again. Of course it's an awesome atmosphere and all but every year there's more idiots. Last night several of the little race marshall shacks were broken into, people stole flags, fire extinguishers and other equipment. On several parts of the track people wrote stuff with wall paint. In general, more and more dumb people come only to drink and party and make it less enjoyable for motorsport fans every year.

When drunk idiots stepped in front of my car, leaning on the hood and yelling for burnouts, I decided it's more fun to watch the race in its entirety and with all the cameras via the stream.

That sucks, the actual race is better on tv anyway.

This channel will be streaming official stream + Radio Le Mans audio

youtube.com/channel/UC1gzEhuU2tfwjtJdNCHj7kw

Is the fun of 24h Nurburgring coming to an end?

Is it too late for everyone else?

Nächstes Jahr binn ich vielleicht dabei

Veeky Forums meet am Ring when?

Not sure, on one hand, there were always people that lose all inhibitions when drunk and. On the other hand, there's a tendency for people to expect to be allowed to do whatever they please. There's more and more hate against police and security in general, mostly in the so called "tuning" scene which is a big part of the motorsport fan scene. While a few years back they still had at least respect for other peoples property and well being, currently it seems like there is a growing tendency to ignore that (still a minority of people) and to tolerate it (growing group of people). Trying to stay out of the stupid behaviour means accepting it, and that's what annoys me even more, I guess.

And it's not just 24h Nürburgring. It's other events, too. It's everywhere. For the same reason I don't go to Wacken anymore.

Soon only Russian cars will be allowed

People stole this wheel from the pit lane today.
Last year a complete exhaust was stolen.
Also last year, someone stopped a guy from stealing a race car right in the pit lane with OBD cable leading out to the guys working on it in the pit.
>uh, that's not my car, thought it was mine

people in the "party sections" threw glas bottles and trash onto the track last night

Some people on facebook actually start to call it "normal" and people shouldn't be angy about it and accept it. That's what I ment that annoys me the most.
>Just accept that people don't know how to behave normally.
>LET ME AND MY FRIENDS BE ASSHOLES ALREADY

People poured paint and, possibly, brake fluid or acid over this guy's car. I dislike Opel as much as the next guy, but come on, damaging someone else's property - or even touching it, leaning against it, etc - that's uncalled for. That's just plain being a shitty asshole.

They are rolling out!

5 MINUTES HYPE

International stream slightly behind?

Oh, stream entirely is. RLM site stream is ahead about 15-25 seconds?

it should be allowed to kill people who do this

Had to pause RLM for a few seconds to sync, yeah.

That rain over Luxembourg is heading towards Nürburgring. There's a storm warning.

Holy shit the rain is causing chaos

Ahremberg
>TCR cars crash
>Schrick in the Subrau as well, gets out though
>E34 bounces of the wall
>Caymans everywere like pinballs

shithshitshit

Subaru did well considering how messy it was

What happend Veeky Forums we used to love N24?

in the other thread someone called it
>Ahremberg in the rain, watch it
and almost instantly you could count the cars leaving the track there (and Schwedenkreuz)

Keep this thread alive so that it may serve as thread number 2 when the first thread dies.

>empty thread

come on over to /sp/

fuck off

Anyone else having the stream cut out every few seconds?

quoted for truth, also let's make this the N24 thread for now?

MANTA IS IN THE PITS!!

Getting a new clutch now!

And there'll be a 3rd formation lap

F

well, hopefully it's only a new clutch and nothing more severe after that

THANK YOU MANTA

Expect 3.4 mm of precipitation over the next 3 hours.
Expect 5.3 mm precipitation over the next 6 hours.
Expect 12.1 mm precipitation over the next 12 hours.

knapp daneben ist auch vorbei

both are already winners

>24 hours of formation lap
Who needs to fill up first?

UPDATE: Manta still in the pits, hopefully just waiting until the race is restarted.

any manta foxtail tweets?

what a lovely view

YEAAAAAA

HERE WE GO

Beautiful, everyone through without big incidents.

damn, that really shows how bad it was

Was even worse further up.

These rain battles make me nervous as fuck

jesus christ

Could someone explain me how the 24h race works? How many cars are driving? I thought only 30 (Haribo team, Falken, etc.). Now I see on the live timing site that there are around 200 cars and Subaru is on position 1?

You can have class wins against who ever is in your class.

Overwall wins almost always go to the GT3 (called SP9) cars

24 hours of who gets the most laps in that time by cars in different classes on the same track.

I'm just amazed by how much speed wet tires allow in this weather. Absolutely ridiculous.

have you seen how many people are losing control?

The live timing system isn't working.

So? It's still incredible speeds through most corners.

The GT3 spec cars have really good mechanical grip, that makes them spectacular in wet weather. Even in the rainy races in the WEC last year the GT3 cars began to approach the LMP2 cars lap times because of that.

MICHELIN
I
C
H

E
L
I
N

Does anybody else' youtube stream crash every few minutes?

Not anymore. Restart browser.

literally memewheeldrive

>want to hear more car audio
>try to sync up IMSA stream to video but its just not the same

What is life.

kek

We had the exact same reaction hehe.

Poor clio can't into slopes.

>AMG GT3 engine rumble
Orgasmic

The only thing crashing is the cars

Titus Viper dead.

This "select all until gone" captcha is just insane. Fuck the fucking fuck off.

sind einige Leute von /ovg/ mit WAT-Flaggen seit Dienstag am Campen dort

some help

who else here comfy?
got youtube the living timing the race live and the radio all going as well as this thread

very comfy, vodaphone stream with RLM on tv with chromecast, thinkpad for everything else.

Tired as fuck, because of fucked up work schedule. Goddammit, gonna miss a good 10 hours again.

these guys talk too fucking much. they need to talk less, turn the voice volume down, and turn the volume of the cars up.

just to let you know, there's an international/english vodafone stream

youtube.com/watch?v=5zspyrZ07Ok

verpiss dich

this board was fine in your absence

does watchin a bunch of 20-something Brits in diesel shitboxes bring tears to your eyes?

wut? you seem mad

rain tires are also really good though even without downforce. it's almost like driving on dry as far as stability, just with less over all grip. but the car drives very predictably.

he mad

>Another Porsche hitting the shitter

THOSE WET TIRES
THIS AMOUNT OF GRIP
HOLY FUCK

Ich wohn direkt da, wäre dabei

red leader reporting in

konnte dieses jahr leider nicht, wollte dann aber nächstes auch auf jeden fall hin

>golf understeers
>again
Pottery

bro its for safety

kennt sich einer setup technisch etwas aus, was fahren die den an sturz auf der nordschleife, speziell die GT3s

>you will never run a shit box at 24 hrs

- 2,3 front

vorne zwischen 1-2° Sturz und hinten so um die 3° Sturz

>you will never run a shit box at 24 hrs
>WAT Europe will never run a shit box at the Dubai 24h

What did we work out the math to that one time? Something like 30-50k euros? Cars, 5 man team, equipment, travel?

Including a race worthy shitbox?