Looking to upgrade from my R34 GTT to something a bit newer. Need some ideas

Looking to upgrade from my R34 GTT to something a bit newer. Need some ideas.

Budget $40k Aussie dollarydoos.

Something RWD or AWD,, turbo or V8, preferably manual trans (or dual clutch, but no autos).

I like the Mustang don't fancy spending $65-70k or waiting years for delivery.

Shit I wouldn't pay the US price for a mustang. Fuck spending $65k. Id say I feel bad for you Aussies but you get alot of cool jdm shit.

Keep the skyline, buy moar parts and drugs/booze. Either that or get something classic like a 240z, maybe even an old school celica and do it up nicely.

We were lucky to get all the JDM sports cars from the 90's, but after the R34 finished production, and they stopped making the Supra and Silvia etc, there isn't any new cars coming out of Japan worth getting.

All late model US imports that come here (Camaro, Corvette etc), have to be converted to right hand drive, and end up costing $100k for even a base model.

$24,145 USD Starting MSRP1........How does that convert to 65-70k AUS?

Oh, the dreaded right hand drive conversion.

Yeah that sucks. What about a focus RS? They shouldn't be that bad cause they're euro. I'll probably be trading in my wrx for one pretty soon.

I'm considering keeping it but taking it off the road and maybe drifting it.

I'd still like a newer car as my daily driver though. 240z or 260z would be sweet but unfortunately I don't have time for a project car. Something fully restored and in great condition would probably go outside of my budget.

Ford are making them RHD from the factory, but Ford Aus are selling them for about $63,000 AUD (45k USD) new. There's a long waiting list (12-18 months if you order now), so the ones already delivered and being sold are at inflated prices (around 70k).

We get screwed badly here in Aus, everything costs so much more.

Evo IX?

HSV SV Black.
340kw LS3.
$65k

Yeh this might be something I should have a look at.

$25k over what I want to spend.

Jag XFR

Is that a Roush?

All automatics

CV8 Monaro. Twin turbo it and you'll have enough torque to tow a house.

XR6 Turpo/G6E Hurrpo/F6
SS Commonwhore

You plan shipping and I'll throw mine in a shipping container for 40k USD + shipping. 2015 GT premium performance pack Ruby Red.

Fuck never mind... Your exchange rate.... Cringe

You might be able to find a cheap BMW 1M for around 50k, they're only going to appreciate

R34 GTR

duh

I could sell mine for 30k
2013 5.0
6 speed manual
With about 4k worth of mods on her.
18k miles only driven in the spring and summer

>gm
>performance

good luck finding one for under $40k AUD

vl commodore

Wrx, falcon xr6, xr8 or commodore ss..

I'd take the ss or wrx personally.

I'm not sure how u completely disregarded the wrx existence. It's from Japan and has continued being sold here.

>Inb4 some benchracer claims wrxs are shit
Not many cars better at that price point. Really good resale value too for a sports car. Way better then a Holden or ford.

import a kei car