Indie Games, games not big enough to talk about anywhere else, and doujin games

MANY PARDONS EDITION

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yraAwd4YhGM
strawpoll.me/10980615
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735346310
youtube.com/watch?v=PK8q3ITDtXc
youtube.com/watch?v=FEbMCefffoU
youtube.com/watch?v=S7am5oiIBCI
youtube.com/watch?v=rzwahp_QxOE
youtu.be/2Rxj96ube4k
youtube.com/watch?v=vup13fghOMA&index=19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

Nice

Any one hear of that ggame coming out called Mother Russia Bleeds?

What's indie's favorite game on an intellectual and analysis level? What about in terms of gameplay? Also what about in terms of story?

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR OUTDATED POLITICS

Fast way to make money in stardew valley?

I loved Lisa the First. Am I the only one here?

It seems to be highly unpopular, especially since Painful came out. I mean I can't play Painful since my PC is a piece of shit (I wasn't expecting a fucking gamemaker game to need opengl), so maybe it is better, but I remember really enjoying it. It had a powerful atmosphere.

I wouldn't say it's unpopular but more overshadowed by the later two games. The first is a good game but the other two games just became more well known.

Painful's RPG Maker not game maker.

So anyone working on any games?

Hey Karbonics, besides wimple and Dashbored you have any other games that you've made don't mind me asking?

rip indie

Does anyone here play stardew valley?

I've played a bit of it. Why do all the guys suck in that game? I genuinely don't get that.

Like the npc's? Why do the male npc's suck?

The datable ones. Like I dunno. I just don't like any of them honestly. Like I dunno, I odn't find any of them that attractive except the one with the really long hair and the emo kid. The problem is that the emo kids, well, emo or goth and the long haired fabio looking dude's kind rude and stuck up if I remember. The only people I liked that I could marry were some of the women last time I played.

True, maybe there's a mod?

True but I'm not the kind who mods usually I guess.

Wasn't there an expansion for don't starve together a little while back?

New thread when

never ever

So is anyone making a game? I can't think of any other questions to start conversations.

Reminder that Magic Wand by thecatamites came out a few days ago and is good. Mega link in the /v/ archive.

What's good about it don't mind me asking?

Post the game you're playin

A unique world and style, humourous dialogue, fun soundtrack. Try Space Funeral if you haven't already, same dev.

Oh so it's sorta like his Goblet Grotto game?

I dunno, ain't tried that one.

It's so weird but it's oddly fun. You really should give it a try if you like thecatamites. Also that OST is really good. youtu.be/yraAwd4YhGM

Downloadin that and Mouse Corp.

Goblet grotto's super weird. I haven't played it but was watching Vinny's stream and heads up. I remember the game making a really loud noise each time a rune showed up but vinny was able to get rid of the sound some how if I recall.

strawpoll.me/10980615
>strawpoll.me/10980615
strawpoll.me/10980615
>strawpoll.me/10980615
strawpoll.me/10980615

why wouldn't you do it as as soon as the last one dies?

Not as of now, but there's more coming in the future.
Right now I've got a game in the works which I put on hold to update DashBored, but should get back on track soon.

What does /indie/ think of Haydee?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735346310

Robot with dat ass: The game

UHHHHHHHHHHH THICKER

>really want to play Stardew Valley
>owe a bro money, would feel like too much of an asshole spending $15 on vidya

So, uh, when's the next Steam sale?

Nice

I'm not really feeling it. Though, this does make me wanna make a game about a big assed robot.

I forget, what was the idea behind this game again?

Fast paced fps in an LSD dream emulator environment

So is there going to be like a story or is it going to be more like random generated stuff like LSD dream emulator.

Currently the plan is to have a story, although this early in development it's hard to say

So are you going to go with a very cartoony style? If so can I make a request-suggestion?

Go ahead, right now I'm going for a ps1 low polygonal thing, but I'll take any suggestions you have!

Sluggish Morss: A Delicate Time in History
Isaac
Lisa
I loved it, played it before the Painful was even a thing and it seemed really unique to me. I consider Painful to not really be related to it, it's its own thing even though some of the story stems from it, but it's like comparing Earthbound Yume Nikki, doesn't really work.

The sound is part of the game and Vinny hates fun. He also only showed about 30% of it.

I was going to suggest something like very flat coloring and shading like out of Megaman Legends or this gif. But since you're going for a more Dream emulator style and not really a cartoony style I guess that wouldn't work. Sorry about that, I just thought maybe you were doing it sorta in your art style like with dashboard so I thought the flat coloring an shading would fit.

wouldn't it sorta ruin the music and get annoying after a while though?

No, thanks! I definitely appreciate input. Who made that model btw

never mind, didn't see it in the image.
I'm kinda reaching a crisis.
People like appealling things. I know
that sounds stupidly obvious, but
the problem is that most of my
ideas go around with weird things
that don't make big sales or anything.

Should I continue to do my way and starve

or sell out and make games with appealing styles
and cute anime girls

Sluggish Morss? What's that? Sounds interesting but what's so smart about it don't mind me asking?
Look at the bottom left corner fampai, their tumblr's normally there. atelierjordan.tumblr.com I believe it is I don't really know much of their art but I love this gif, though the eyes weird me out with how they always look at the camera. Sorta off putting especially since she's a robot.

I mean there's probably a compromise. Honestly though I think it's more luck, finding a fanbase who'd like your game and show it to them, and marketing with things like youtube and drumming up interest to get people talking about it. Along with this I think you probably want to find a good date to release it where there's not going to be a lot of competition for your genre but at the same time doing it at a time where games sell a lot, like not doing it right after summer on steam for obvious reasons. I dunno, I've never made a game honestly. I probably don't know what I'm even talking about honestly.

Honestly I'm surprised your game didn't do better considering Nolan gave you a shout out on the pizza party podcast and even said the name of Dashbored in the sorta intro if I recall. it's sold around 1000 or so copies right?

Woops meant sorry

>it's sold around 1000 or so copies right?
Way less
WAYY LESSS
Fucking kill me my parents were right

Post cute!

Not Sluggish Morss, Sluggish Morss: A Delicate Time in History, the sequel. I just think there's a lot of it that could be analyzed

>playing Planetbase
>I killed off all of my manlet buildings and only have stronk buildings
>production of everything is good, I could probably leave this shit alone for days and nothing would happen
And yet I only have like, 32 colonists and 20 robutts.
The game wants me to expand but I already made a tiny little paradise for like 30 people.

Hoo by this no man's sky thing is really something

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I mean I get the feeling that the game will probably sell a bit over time (and with some steam summer sales). I mean it'll come eventually. You just gotta drum up interests and maybe get some connections like Nolan to help you out. Just don't risk all your financial future on a single game and you'll probably build a fanbase sooner or later like how the catamites have or like how even Dingaling did.

Or just make a horror game that LPers can use for views while also having a bunch of jump scares and "leepest dore" so that you can justify it not just being a jumpscare fest. At the same time try pandering to the 12 year olds and maybe make like a minecraft mod for it so you'll get more exposure in turn. Maybe make the game about like some creatures so you can advertise on furry websites as well.

How bad is it?

I looked it up based on your posts. FWIW you might reconsider how you pitch it, or future games, on the Steam page. There's not much info there other than "classic RPG in a strange world". It's not much of a hook.

Wimple is already a bit more popular with LPers than DashBored. I might think of some ways to pander but I would actually put a bullet in my head before I make a minecraft mod. Maybe I could do a short corpse party esque game?
badbadbadbadbadbadbadbad120copiessoldbadbadbadbadbadbad
I'll try changing it up by tomorrow

What would be a better pitch btw

Wait what, LPers have played Wimple? Honestly you probably could make a decent comedy horror game though.

youtube.com/watch?v=PK8q3ITDtXc
youtube.com/watch?v=FEbMCefffoU
youtube.com/watch?v=S7am5oiIBCI
so far it's only been small scale channels though

I dunno, I don't work in marketing... maybe try to incorporate some of the game's story themes and humour more boldly up front in the description. The reviews are saying the game has character banter and vulgar jokes, but you'd never really know that from the description text.

>That Jeff the Killer face and W spammed title
I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your baby.

A better pitch would describe how your game's different from things like lisa, undertale, Off, yume nikki, any horror RPG, space funeral, and so on. Like what, to you, makes your game different from other popular games. What could describe your game that wouldn't describe any other popular RPG or would be a good selling point most games don't have? Like I haven't gotten far in game but it's sorta about a rebellion in a broken down world full of jerks and idiots. At the same time the main character just finds himself plopped into this world and has to figure out how to escape with the help of friends that he makes in that world. Or am I wrong about that?

That's pretty correct, I'll take these points and try to formulate something that is more catchy for the people of steam.

youtube.com/watch?v=rzwahp_QxOE
This guy laughs a lot and I'm not sure if he's faking it sardonically or truly finds the game that funny

Can you grow grass in the winter in stardew valley?

A WEAPON TO SURPASS METALGEAR!

damn straight

Why do I rarely see anyone even talk about the Freedom Planet ost? youtu.be/2Rxj96ube4k

Still waiting on the topless version of this.
Where are you, Dworven?

I'm not sure how popular freedom planet is but that could be a key part of it.

It sold over 200,000 units according to steam spy.It just seems like I never see anyone mention the OST in things like reviews and LPs, which is odd considering how famous sonic's OST is. Plus I've seen people talk a decent amount about shovel knight's OST and freedom planet's basically the genesis/megadrive's equivalent to shovel knight.

Oh yeah, I forgot that I mention I did an interview with the creators of Glitched!
youtube.com/watch?v=vup13fghOMA&index=19

bump before bed.
Goodnight /indie/!

Oh thanks, I missed this episode in my feed.

So what's the worst indie game and why?

Was Suits even remotely ok?

bump