When will germany enter the the u.s pickup line?

when will germany enter the the u.s pickup line?
japan has done it so why can't they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KuhK0GTJxNo?t=32s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying the pickups that Toyota and Nissan sell (aside from the frontier) are found anywhere else in the world

>What is the Hilux?

Sup matey

there is a big pick-up community here in germany. all makes and models.

every year about 10000 new on our streets. We are coming.

>what's the Amarok
>what's the Unimog

german auto brands make pickup trucks? can u post some examples?

>bitch VAG quarter ton
>medium duty monster

Because the US full size truck market is saturated by domestic brands and it's a waste of money to develop a new truck just for the Murrikans. Look at the Tundra and Titan, they sell like shit compared to the big three.

>they sell like shit compared to the big three
That's because they are shit. They need to get rid of the chicken tax and bring mini trucks back. Older Toyota and Nissan trucks are great and people love them but nobody wants a their full size truck though

Sure -

Volkswagen Amarok
Volkswagen T-Series
Opel Campo
Mercedes Universal-Motor-Gerät (Unimog)

They sell hilux in the states?

why would they? the future is asia, not the us.

There is literally nothing wrong with the Titan, the Tundra is pure shit tho

Yes, they call it the Tacoma here

They actualy produce useful pickups for work like a Sprinter, LT, Transporter. This type of vehicle is much more useful than a typical F- 150/F- 250 size "truck" with a long bed

>bed made of aluminium with a shitton of varieties,
>DCabs are for 6 ADULT people
>diesel engines
>manual transmissions for a better fuel economy
etc.
It's not the same car as Hilux.

Why bother? It's a dying niche. And for every big Diesel engine they have to build another 1L shitbox to keep average emissions down.

Definitly, but hey thats suites germany.

all wörk wörk, less fun fun

>RWD
>turbo
>manual
and you call it boring :^)?
youtu.be/KuhK0GTJxNo?t=32s

This is what we drive instead.

Dude, i am german too, and yes i drive those at wörk. But in my freetime i would prefer an pick-up.

Yes there is, nobody wants it or asked for it
If someone wants a Nissan they want a small hardbody. If they want a regular truck they go to the big three which have 50+ years experience in full size truck

We got the Hilux as the Hilux in the 60s and 70s I believe. We called it the 'pickup' after that and in 1995 we split and got the tacoma which I recently found out has nothing to do with the Hilux after that point.

>German
>reliable
>pickup

Pick two.

Its an insanely tough market to get into, and I cant see it paying off, especially considering how it seems that anything german is viewed as exclusive and luxurious by the general US populace

they have, it has existed since the 70's

the problem is its actually used for wotk, not for mallcrawling

That would not be able to haul a heavy trailer.

Pretty much this BUT if it was at a decent pricepoint most guys nowadays want a pickup to look manly and never use it for it's intended purpose. I see shiny glossy never been down a dirt road or hauled anything Dodge 2500 or Chevys every day in Texas. My boss barely touches the capability of his Ecoboost F150 and riding in it is comfier than an old American luxobarge.... People don't want 'trucks' anymore. Mexicans with compact pickups are the only ones who seem to use a truck how it should be.

Depends on how heavy your trailer is
pic related is for the Ford Transit Chassis Cab. Admittedly, the largest one is quite a step up from

1650lb max unbraked trailer mass? That's close to nothing

Does the Ford Transit connect also come with option between FWD, RWD, and AWD? that's pretty awesome

Because we don't give a fuck about pick-ups.
For workers to put their shit in the back we use pic related and for driving around we use real cars. We don't try to mix things like muricans because like with microwave that also do grill they don't do anything right.

>japan has done it so why can't they?
Barely. Toyota is the only major player right now. Now only if Honda could get their shit together and release a full size...

Here in Norway, the best truck for the type of person you are describing is the VW Amarok, no joke. It handles the best out of every pickup its size, has a "nicer" interior, good fuel economy and so on.

The problem is that it kinda loses out on the actual utility. Lower payload, no proper low range, no diff lock, high price tag and as far as I know; no longer available in anything but double cab

catte

No. I think you can only get AWD on the Transit and Transit Chassis Cab.

Usually if a company/tradesman gets a Transit that size, they're going to be towing a braked trailer. The Transit Connect which is the 2nd smallest van has an unbraked capacity of 750kg.

A lot of Full size I see here in the states don't have a diff lock, low range, or 'granny gear' either.
Also why is there so much hate on the regular or extended cab? it's all crew/double cabs which are so bulky

The Honda Ridgeline is 78 inches wide, which is 2 inches short of a full size. Problem is its unibody, can only tow up to 5k, double cab only, and costs $30k base.

America has lost something in losing the (sub)compact single cab pickup. I only see gardeners and small time construction workers keeping them up.

Put some brakes on your fucking trailer then, you stupid cunt. Fucking Americans thinking they're entitled to towing around thousands of lbs unbraked.

dont forget garage sellers and offroaders!
Honda Ridgeline is garbage I'd rather saw off the back of one of those early-mid 2000s body on frame pathfinders.... For some reason they switched back to unibody since they didn't learn their first batch of unibody ones were shit.

>America has lost something in losing the (sub)compact single cab pickup. I only see gardeners and small time construction workers keeping them up.

They're pretty shit for DD'ing senpai. There good as disposable beater work trucks and thats about it

>Entitled cunt
woah there champ, you kiss your sister with that mouth?

Because they see no need to. Americans don't see the value of a van, so why would they want a pickup on the Sprinter chassis?

I just saw a VW pickup while screwing around on the motorcycle today.

(Looked it up, it was an Amarok)

Compared to a car sure, they don't turn as well and aren't as zippy (without an engine swap) but getting you from A to B they work and having the utility everywhere you go is nice. I was lamenting DDing my Toyota at first but love it more everyday and the fucker doesn't even have power steering.

Nigga what? Every 4wd pickup has low range. You're right about granny gears and diff locks though, I haven't seen a truck with a granny gear since the 80s (well 05 and 06 6 speed wranglers have a 4.5 first gear so that kinda counts) Diff locks are available on some pickups I believe, but not that many.

there are a fuckton of hardbody nissan trucks in Mexico

I never mentioned 4wd just fullsize but you're right on that.

>Americans don't see the value of a van

Maybe not for personal vehicles, but for construction and utility work they are very common

The ford e-series was pretty successful

Its just that you lose a lot of "utility" with a double cab, although it may be suited to the line of work its put to.

I'm changing to a Nissan Navara/Frontier in a month or two, and I've been weighing pros and cons between getting an extended cab or a double cab, and I decided on extended so that I could more easily transport snowmobiles and motorcycles, although a double cab would be damned nice when driving friends and so on

I guess that's true. If you need to carry a bunch of dudes and use the bed for tool boxes and junk more than anything else than I can see a use in a double cab. More and more Americans seem to be replacing family sedans with double cab trucks though. Is being 'country' becoming a meme?

they're still built there, to this day

My one and only complaint about the hardbody is they eventually dropped the VG30 option. I am still looking for a VG30 hardbody or 1st gen pathfinder
Captcha: pickup trucks

This is true. Lots of delivery drivers, painters, contractors, cleaning service providers, etc. use vans.

My dad's a general contractor, he uses a double cab F250 with an 8ft utility bed and headache rack for his main work vehicle. It's perfect for carrying 3-4 people, all his tools/materials, and sometimes hauling a trailer loaded down with dirt, debris, heavy equipment, etc.

Pic related is really similar to what my dad's truck looks like except he welded up his own headache rack using square tubing and painted it black.

All jap trucks are shit

t. burger

>All jap trucks are shit
You realize they're more American than the Bug 3, right?

That's like.... Nothing. My impala could tow that much. Most of the trailers owned by myself or friends are 10,000+ lbs

never because we got no speed limits on our fucking highways and we like to drive faster than 60mph which isnt possible with a retarded ass truck

VW Amarok is a thing, also there was the VW Taro which was just a rebadged Hilux. We also had rebadged Isuzus sold as Opels a while back and this year there's a V6 Amarok coming and Mercedes is currently working on the GLT based on the Nissan Navara. I'm more interested in the Fiat Fullback though, the others are out of budget for me.

Every US brand 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton pickup truck I've owned could do 100 MPH at least...

Maybe in America, in other parts of the world (don't know if you forgot they existed) the Japanese utes dominate everything, especiall in Asia and Oceania.

For example, the hilux and mazda bt-50 are fucking excellent machines, just as good if not better offroad than seppo mall crawlers, don't get 3mpg, aren't too big to fit in most garages, and they actually have reasonable payloads for their size.

Anything bigger than the 350 requires a C license.

>fwd

This could be on its way to the US soon. Maybe under the ram brand.

>dat 8 speed auto
fucking nice

The Opel Campo is a rebadged Isuzu Hombre which is a rebadged S10,which is american

The T-series don't even count,they're the transporters,they're vans

The Unimog isn't an average american looking big pickup,it's fucking immense,it's made for cutting the whole Amazon in 5 minutes,not for carrying 4 fat compensating americans

The only one that counts is the Amarok

Lol. Ask anyone with experience in Iveco's what they think of them.

That they're the best HD vans with the biggest engines on the market?

>Isuzu Hombre which is a rebadged S10
>The T-series they're vans

You are stupid.

m8 literally google that shit

when did the transporter count as a pickup,picrel for instance doesn't matter because it's not the american kind of pickups OP was talking about

Balls to the wall my 1st gen Cummins W250 would go 75 with the throttle all the way to the firewall. It had 4.10 gears so that's probably why. It averaged about 16mpg at that speed. At 65ish it got 21-22 no problem. Both runs were on 235/85 tires.

Only few pickups come to my mind from the whole of europe.

UAZ Patriot pickup
Land Rover Defender pickup
Mercedes-Benz G-class pickup
Lada Niva pickup

Euro pickups are mostly ute versions of off-roaders with the exception of VW Amarok.

Rest are small utes like VW Caddy or van-based trucks.

The Transporter counts as a Truck every time it has a cab and a platform bed. Does the Iveco Daily above also not count as a Truck?