/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

No need for higher resolutions edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

>tfw making the thread kicks the old one off page 10

Why doesn't nintendo want to update the 3DS or Wii U anymore?

Maximum efficiency.

We NX only now.

fourth for PS4 cfw soon
I hope

they already shit on the downgrade on 11.0 so that's good enough for them dunno about wii u though that shit is already dead

is this still a thing?

Is there a list of what needs to remain on the SD after finishing the guide and installing Luma?

Asking again.

yes the meme turned into the truth ironically, it's like rxtools now in that it's barely mentioned now

right there at the end of the guide you can't miss it

Where do I place the RetroArch core on my Vita?

Good to know I'm retarded.
Thanks, senpai

I'm a useless shit and I can't find info on Bravely Second
I'm guessing that there isn't any effort in progress to make a de-localization patch for it so you can get the Bad Ends and stuff
I did see one on gbatemp that has the untouched character models but that's not comprehensive enough for me to play it yet

Billy on that iso site has an "uncensored" version.

There's no easy way to keep multiple hacks of AS at once, is there?

No. You're essentially installing 2 of the same game and the 3DS doesn't like that.

>that iso site
Thou must return from whence thou came.

Yeah, I'm still running it for whatever reason on the o3DS.

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

Half the thread are people from 3dshacks/3dsiso/gbatemp and half the thread are retards one step from bricking on Plailect's guide.

>tfw you made the exact same post last thread

Mid-Kid dropped development in shame when Aurora did what not even Rei could with Rei's own code base. It was a thing of beauty, and I'm saying that as someone who rated Cakes on top several months back.

Didn't we already do this?

>half the thread are retards one step from bricking on Plailect's guide.
>tfw too scared to go through with the guide
I used to do all kinds of bullshit like that when I was younger, but now I feel spooked of going retarded and bricking my system.

Anything new on the horizon for ps vita?

That lying spaniard fuck got my hopes up and made me dust off my vita only to find out it was fake.

I still wanna play it, but ya know, no games and all that.

Mid-Kid got in trouble for his grades slipping and his parents took away his computer while he was in summer school.

I'm one of the retards, I fucked up immensely using Plailect's guide and I still managed to get through it on two 3DSs. Just remember to not update unless the guide tells you to and you'll be fine.

>tfw we already did this

Here's how it goes. If you can read simple English, you have a 99% chance of not bricking. 99% of the bricks are from retards not following instructions. GBATemp has a lolzy thread where you'll see people admitting to flashing O3DS firmware to their N3DS, or closing the lid during a downgrade to 2.1.0, etc.

There's maybe ONE point where you'll get RNG bricked, but even then there's a way to mitigate that chance into near non-existence.

You faggots literally killed the Vita. We won't even get any localizations anymore. I hope you're happy with waiting 3 years for a fan translation that will eventually be cancelled along the way.

Pro tip: Once you get to the point of having both sysNAND and redNAND (it's like having two boot partitions on a computer), leave the sysNAND background as it is, and change the background of redNAND to a red color (geddit?) so you can quickly tell which is which.

If you do that then the guide is otherwise retard-proof.

what's the point in having a vita if you can't read japanese anyway

>implying it wasn't already dead

The Vita killed itself bruh

We're applying shock therapy

>tfw I realised I can backup 3DS games to digital to then trade them in for a vita memory card and games
I feel like a genius

Yeah, I'm fine. Going to kill myself soon anyway.

Why did Homebrew Launcher change into gridLauncher after setting up redNAND?

>Had more announced games coming out this year than any other console or handheld
>dead

>charging niggers 15 bucks to install Al9h on their 3ds.

As someone that wants to just play 3ds single player vidya and dont give a rats ass about fancy features/emulation/online which guide/custom firmware should i look up

Now that I got my DSTT working (and it's actually legit), what does /hbg/ play on their flashcart? Any good non-nintendo IP games?

You're a fucking fag and the vita was D.O.A.

Reinand

>asks a frequently asked question
>doesn't check the FAQ
just kill yourself faggot.

>There's maybe ONE point where you'll get RNG bricked
This is the thing that has me on the edge about the whole situation. I've read the guide and as soon as I reached the end of part 4 I went from "seems simple enough" to "better sacrifice some virgins to my pagan gods to succeed".

Called 3 Gamestops to see if they have vitas in stock and they only had used ones. What other stores would have them?

Can't you buy one online?

walmart

Gotta give it time. Henkaku is still being reverse engineered.

The Part 4 "cross your fingers" bit isn't that big of a deal, because you have backups out the ass. I'm not sure why that bit is there anymore. Really, if you've followed the guide and done things correctly, there's no reason to "cross your fingers".

I would be more concerned about the "random chance to soft brick, forcing you to recovery to 11.0" in Part 2 when downgrading to 9.2.0. Because that is truly RNG.

I don't want to wait :(

Accidentally used a save data editor to back up a file of Alpha Sapphire to Pokemon X. Naturally, the file was corrupted so i backed it up with a PowerSave I still had. It worked until I turned the game off. When i turned it on, it was corrupted again.

So i decided to delete the save data on the cart entirely and restart the game, intending to inject an old save data back up with homebrew launcher and the secure value patcher. I started a new game, saved and turned off my 3ds to export the save data, but again, it was corrupted. This keeps happening.

What can I do to fix this? Is my Pokemon X cartridge done for or what?

Super Slim PS3 CFW when?

>I would be more concerned about the "random chance to soft brick, forcing you to recovery to 11.0" in Part 2 when downgrading to 9.2.0.
Is there also a risk of soft bricking when upgrading from an older firmware to 9.2.0?

You've edited the cart itself, not just the save. You need to download Pokemon X, back it up, and inject it into your cart to fix it.

This shit again.
(You)

The risk is with plaiSysUpdater, so if you use that, then you have that risk. Going down to 9.2 you don't have a backup, but going down to 2.1 you're downgrading your emulated NAND so who cares if you fuck it up.

Where's the best place to buy flash carts?

He's asking if there's a risk from going, say, 4.2.0 to 9.2.0 before doing part 1

I don't understand what you mean, can you be more specific? You mean I need to download a version from the e-shop or a pirated copy and back it up with a Powersave? Or with the save data filer?

don't think so the warning isn't on the 9.2 update part iirc, still risky regardless though

You need a clean Pokemon X. Where it's from doesn't matter, just as long as it hasn't been messed with. You back it up and then inject it and that will get rid of the lingering AS data.

Alright, I have a powersave back up from before I used it to modify anything. I'll let you know how it goes

Couldn't tell you. I only care about the New 3DS now and all of those are 9.0+.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

There actually seems to be a risk of hardbricking and nobody truly knows why. It's not a really big risk but it has happened a couple of times. You can see them pop into IRC every so often. I used to blame people for using the wrong set of files (plain sysUpdater doesn't check) but I don't know anymore, too much of them swear they used the right files.

We had a few people posting here with the old upgrade guides too (the method is exactly the same still, not a damn thing has actually changed between the many shitty guides on gbatemp, the old pastebin guide and Plailect's 9.2 upgrade stuff).

The good news is that you can/should make a good NAND backup before you do the upgrade, so you can hardmod or get a hardmod done and restore it back to your old version.

So how do you load cps2 or neo geo roms in retroarch on Vita? Also, how do you get the DS emulator to even start? It just crashes with an error every time I try to run it.

Stupid question but once you get a9lh and all that jazz going on is there any chance of getting locked out of sysnand/brick status in case of sd failure?
i mean is there a way to revert back to how 3ds was before tampering with it?

how do I download DLC on the 3DS?
I scanned the QR code for Fantasy Life's and a couple of other games on the titlekeys website with FBI but when I get to the game they don't show up as downloaded.

this but with mame
mame crashes everytime i try to run it

>too much of them swear they used the right files.
They fucked something up.

Whether they know it or not, they either used bad/wrong files (which should be obvious, so they're ashamed), messed with the 3DS before it was done, or continued with the guide without a proper install.

I don't believe these "acts of God" bricks.

All the important stuff is on your internal memory. You can just drag the files to a new SD card, assuming you backed them up.

with a9lh you can still brick by fucking something up with the nand but you can just restore a backup on boot and yes you can completely remove a9lh if you want to revert to vanilla status to sell it or something

>tfw vita scene is dead already

I used the right files, update failed halfway through and absolutely refused to start the downgrade again for 7 hours. I got tired, updated to 11, then tried downgrading again and it worked but people without hardmod/another 3DS that's already CFW would be shit out of luck

is there any way to stay on 3.60 but still enjoy online features?

>online features?
such as?

Were you stuck on HAX INIT?

Reinstalling menuhax and running the SysUpdater through that entry worked on the first try after 20 fails through browser. Not sure why.

the little voice thing in p4g
oh and idk the fucking ps store

I was like that for a while but the failure mode's making me really suspect of it. The N3DS files aren't currently linked on the update pages at all while installing wrong region shit should still allow recovery mode to boot. People that have update bricks end up with a hard black screen completely unresponsive to anything 100% of the time.

I was, yes. Will try to keep that in mind for next time, but I'm not a smart enough person to have thought of that on my own.

Why would you use those? Just wait for the inevitable piracy.

I see that puts me at ease somewhat currently in step2 hope i make it alive thanks anons

If it makes you feel better, I didn't. :^)

Someone suggested it and it worked like a charm, even though the guide says to use browserhax. There shouldn't be a different, but...

look is there any way to use stuff that i need to update for like content manager or logging onto my psn account on 3.60

If you make it through Step 2 it's smooth sailing from there.

You shouldn't have any issues, but the majority of the guide is making backups in case you do.

Remember to read the instructions carefully, especially in Part 5

Yes, you just need to update.

>PSN account on a 360

what?

>content manager
Use qCMA, it has an offline mode

Other than that, you can transfer most games you bought in the store (some PSP games don't seem to work) from a PS3 to your vita.

i meant if i still want to stay on 3.60

so is it 100% not possible to install homebrew so I don't have to go through the browser every time to play pirated games? just read through the Wii u hax for retards pastebin

>not playing Playstation All Stars Battle Royale on your hacked 360
jokes on you my friend

PSN stands for Play Station Network, the 360 is an Xbox you need a Live account not a PSN. Unless there's some CFW that lets you use Playstation shit on an Xbox that I'm not aware of

and psn?

Why would you want to say on 3.60?

Read the post again user.

Nope, still isn't. This and every other limitation will be resolved with IOSUâ„¢, coming to you neverever.