When was the last time you gave your DD a nice soapy bath?

When was the last time you gave your DD a nice soapy bath?

Be honest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rraeBET1gm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Three weeks ago. Haven't been able to wash it's been raining.

perhaps over 3 years ago
Its my 300$ shitbox im not going to ruin it

never

Two weeks ago. Needs to be done again, now the tree in the garden's stopped flowering/dropping shit on my car.

about 30 minutes from now

I wash like twice a week

Couple of years. The paint is covered in scratches all over the place because the last owner had one of those yappy medium sized dogs that dragged it's claws all over the place. Interior has bite marks everywhere too. I put in a whole afternoon detailing it once but in the end it still looked like a worn out shit-box so never again.

When I bought it. Week before Christmas. 2014.

2 days ago. also put another layer of liquid glass on the paint ( now 6 layers total)

3 weeks ago. I want to wash it, but noooooo. Mother nature is being a huge cunt with all these storms.

About a month

>Those foglights

Neat but do you ever find cause to use them?

a week ago, because it hadn't rained for several weeks and my car was covered in pollen.
>rained the next day

About a week ago

3 days I think, pollen is already getting bad though. The south needs rain

He does.
youtube.com/watch?v=rraeBET1gm8

>norway
it's dark 8 out of 12 months threre and they have no lights on the road except for in the major big cities

from my experience during my norway trip 2 weeks ago, those are "douchebag lights" in norway. they allow you to identify a douchebag from afar. the only people who tailgated me and passed me at very dangerous places were people who had those 2 or 3 hella lights on the front of their (often older and german) car. the other, normal people drive pretty well though over there

3 weeks ago, I also waxed it. Then it's rained nearly every day since then.

Fucking Texas

It was nice and over cast all day yesterday but the second the the water hit the car the sun busted out, luckily I had towels ready.

I've DD'd a Tacoma for 8 years, and I'm not sure I've EVER used soap and gave it a real bath. I just powerwash the shit off and let it be.

also i'm not saying mightybenz is a douchebag, he seems like a pretty cool guy, i also like his taste in music, it's just something i noticed over there

and these shits almost destroyed my car at fucking 4AM in norway. the road was slippery too, and with the twingo's 155 tires... i'm glad i wasn't driving like an ass like i did for most of the roadtrip. so i can see how those lights could be useful during the winter

I just finished washing it. Probably gonna wait another month or two before I do it again, I don't want the neighbors calling to police for water wasting or something

Jesus thought it was the engine making those sounds before the drums kicked in

Like a month ago, ive hit it with a hose a couple of times since
Too cold for anything else

>When was the last time you gave your DD a nice soapy bath?

Anytime it needs it. I've made it so easy AND troublefree a process that there is no real reason not to do it. To make it easy, I attach a soap dispensing sprayer to the garden hose. Quick connct/disconnect connectors are used so I don't even bother with screwing something on. Add 2 ounces of soap to the dispenser since that is just enough to get all used up. Because I constantly get a fresh supply of soapy sudsy water, I don't have to go back to a bucket to carefully rinse out the grit. All the grit and grime flows off the car and the surface is also nicely lubricated by the fresh soapy flow of new liquid unlike with a wash mitt or cloth where you have to spend a lot of effort being careful as you stroke.

In one hand I hold the spray dispenser. In the other hand I hold the microfiber cleaning mitt on a pole made for it. Many stores sell these pole devices. A big advantage of a pole is that it lets you wash the car at a distance so that your clothes and body don't get wet from leaning on a wet car. Another advantage is that the light weight of the wet mitt/pad on the end of the pole provides enough pressure to stroke across the surface that you don't have to push down at all. Easy.

Method:
1. Spray windex on tires to loosen grime on wheel hubs.
2. Spray water on car to remove larger grit, pollen, and dirt.
3. Spray soap lightly over car and wheels as prewash.
4. Spray water to remove prewash.
5. Spray soap over car. Now use cleaning pole section by section and continue to spray soapy water. Remember to occasionally spray soapy water on previous done section to keep it from drying out as I work on new sections of the car.
6. Rinse car off and rinse the cleaning pad with spray.
7. Wipe dry. Toss the wet drying cloths into bucket (see there is a use for a bucket) for washing machine later.
8. Put things away. .Always under 15 minutes and my clothes remain dry and clean.

Last Sunday

You're all fucking degenerates

For half/bit over half the year; pitch dark when I leave for work, pitch dark when I go back home

Wait, really? I've never noticed or thought about that

Its a very common thing tho. When you look at cars 10 years or older located outside the cities I'd wager that a good 50% of them have extra lights of varying numbers and sizes

It's been about 4 months I think. I'm usually more concerned with keeping the interior relatively clean and free of trash than I am with keeping the outside of the car spotless. Living in a rural area I routinely have to drive down dirt and gravel roads so it'd be an exercise in futility to try and keep the exterior of the car really clean, even moreso lately with all the rain we've been getting here.

>Living in a rural area I routinely have to drive down dirt and gravel roads so it'd be an exercise in futility to try and keep the exterior of the car really clean, even moreso lately with all the rain we've been getting here.

Since you have clean dirt, that is okay. But if that was salt-encrusted winter dirt, you have to clean it off or the extra bonus amount of salt you left on your car will eat it even faster.

Our winters aren't bad enough to use salt or snow plows on the roads. Constantly washing salty winter dirt off your car in below freezing temperatures sounds pretty shitty.

This week
I even waxed the bitch too... which makes up for the 3 months I didn't and it was sitting down in the garage dirtier than 3 lesbians mud wrestling

Warm water & soap

During the winter I'll only ever use the self-serve stuff at our gas stations. Warm water & soap first, then the soft brush with foam (my paint is already quite bad so not too afraid of scratches) and then wash it off with cold water

It'll freeze a bit, yes, but there are countermeasures. TurtleWax sells good little sticks where you can apply a thin layer of silicone on the rubber seals of the door so it doesn't freeze shut, and they also sell a very good lock oil that you use to keep the doorhandles & locks from freezing. Also make sure the wipers are dried off after washing them, and to loosen them the next time you're driving

Its a lot better than letting the salt sit, I can tell you that much

>and they also sell a very good lock oil that you use to keep the doorhandles & locks from freezing.

I keep one of the fold down rear seats in the down position. So if the doors are frozen shut, I can open the trunk and crawl inside the car.

Mine has a solid steel wall behind the rear seats, so thats a no-go

Sunday, I think. It's been raining cats and dogs here since then though so it's filthy again.

Last week. Then took it into work, and now it's dusty again...

Fuck working in industry.

I know that feel.

Except gutted integra, so I just kind of step in.

This afternoon.

No matter how much I clean my car, it won't look good. The paint is scratched and swirled to shit and is peeling off on some sun-exposed plastic parts.

Plus there's a rusty dent in the rear wheel arch.

It does go pretty fast and is in 8/10 mechanical condition though, and I'm planning on making a road trip down to the balkans to get the exterior (and possibly upholstery) fixed up on the cheap.

>that AMG GT in the background
Nice

>"Here we see the AMG GT in it's natural habitat, stalking it's usual prey"

>washing your car at a petrol station

lol what the fuck

Sounds pretty awful.

My car has only been frozen shut once. Work was canceled due to the shitty weather so me and a bunch of work buddies just went to a local bar (I worked 3rd shift, midnight - 8am).

Paid ¥2,700 to get it hand washed and dried

Tbqhwyf I always get my car washed when I fill up once a week, then I vacuum it, and wipe down the dash with wet wipes so it stays shiny. Once every two months I get it waxed for 40 dollars.

i haven't washed my dd in like 2.5 years

Literally 15 minutes ago, detailed and waxed.

Taking a break then I'm off to put some protectant on the wheels and polish the exhaust.

never, thats the rains job

why are you on this board

>why are you on this board
Because I love cars.
Because I love my car enough to get it treated right.

why do you not have a car?

u pay someone to wash it and wax it
youre a normie

Yesterday, actually. And since where I live it's both foggy and dusty in a week's time it'll look like it's never been washed in it's life.

>u pay someone to wash it and wax it
Well yeah, they'd wash/wax it a hell of a lot better than I do. And I tip them too because they work hard and they're bro-tier.

Not that other guy but unless you don't have time (which you probably do cos you're on here) you should join some detailing forums (Auto Geek if your are in the US) and learn how to take care of it yourself.

I love detailing my own car, it gives more satisfaction when you look at it.

Hmm... I'd like to, but I'm not sure I can get away with it with the drought here in SoCal. Would it be ok to get it washed and then wax it myself?

I rarely use water, but all you need is a bucket of water and something like Optimum No Rinse or some waterless wash if you don't have access to a bucket.

Mostly I just use spray detailer (Finish Kare 425 and 3D Final Touch are good ones) every 2nd day and it keeps pretty clean and glossy. You don't need to do it that often but its better to keep on top of it.

Occasionally I'll put $1 in at the car wash to use the high pressure hose if the car gets mud or lots of road grime from driving in the wet then drive home and use spray detailer on it.

To start out with I'd recommend some FK 425 and a good plush microfibre towel, the thickest you can get your hands on.

I'll try that out tomorrow. Thanks user.

At about 4am this morning
>work nights

>Constantly washing salty winter dirt off your car in below freezing temperatures sounds pretty shitty.

The people who leave the salt on their cars are the ones with the rust holes on the bottom edges and anywhere pooling occurs. Electrolysis damage can also affect stainless steel too and if your car sits in an electric field (near high voltage power lines), the eddy current normally doesn't bother a clean car. But a car with saline solution will have electrolysis occur from that eddy current.

1 year ago

>washing your car at a petrol station
>Paid ¥2,700 to get it hand washed and dried

In the USA, some people also set up detailing shops by gasoline service stations as their own personal business. They get permission from the station owner to be on the property and get to use water from the station. Importantly, they can have some legal leeway on washing cars (petrochemical runoff pollution) because they are on service station property. Such types of property are very difficult to get with all the environmental laws and studies that must be commissioned. But since they do the wash on station property, the gov't leaves them alone. The rest of the detailing is done under one of those canopy style carport tents. I pass by one which has $15 dollar USD hand wash and dry. There are other fees for detailing. Drying by at a distance, as far as I can tell, their wash has the purple color of Meguiar's wash and wax. Their drying cloths are flattish yellow orange rectangles so that means they use wringable faux synthetic chamois fabric. It's not microfiber. A crew of 3 do the wash and drying. I got a snack and parked nearby to watch. 12 minutes from start to finish. The drying is a bit aggressive and I did not see them wash the drying cloths before wringing and re-using them to continue drying. If I were a japanese driving instructor, I would give them a fail for performing three "american turn" (since all 3 were drying). I did not see the soapy water in the 5 gallon bucket dumped and new fresh soapy water made, so I assume they continue using the soapy water until it is too greasy to be used anymore.

On other days I've driven by, I've seen them detailing cars too besides washing, so they do seem to have business.

>Because I love my car enough to get it treated right.

That's why I am the one to do the hand wash and the hand waxing. I don't need to be monetarily efficient like a detailing shop that re-used the soapy water or wringable faux chamois fabric. The detailing shop at my chevy dealership uses that fake chamois fabric too for drying. They use orange colored "sponge things" to wash after dipping in a bucket. They rub and rub. I am tempted to make a video of it and make sure the dealer's sign logo is prominent, but it would probably get yanked off youtube due to threat of lawsuit if the dealer was revealed negatively like that from within their own property (illegal filming) as they have signs up. I only get back there because I "saunter" around as if I were an employee salesman. Since I am well dressed with tie and shoes, I look like the salesmen too.

>Well yeah, they'd wash/wax it a hell of a lot better than I do.
It's not hard to do a good job of it provided you have the tools Almost any task is difficult or sloppy without tools. Even eating dinner is bad without utensils and plates. Washing and waxing a car with just a few well-chosen tools is fast and easy just like a few things make eating dinner pretty easy as compared to not having a plate, spoon, fork, and knife.

Honestly I find just wiping with semi soapy water and drying via squeegee is better than trying to sud everything up

Will do it when it stops fucking monsooning outside

I washed it last weekend after pollen was getting pretty bad. Then a couple days later there was construction up and down my street. They're doing something with the water system, which means they're digging up dirt all over the place, so everything has a thick layer of dust on it now. I wanted to wash them all today, but didn't get to it. So I've got four cars to wash tomorrow.

Meguiars wash and wax is yellow.

The NXT is purple, it doesn't have wax but it leaves a shine.

FUN-TO-USE

Last time I tried, after guidance from my father, it still managed to look really shitty. No need to put my car through that again.

I don't do it myself but I'll run my cars through a car wash every week or so.

2 weeks ago.

Hosed it off today and hopped on the highway to blow dry it.

Wax is a beautiful thing.

>I rarely use water, but all you need is a bucket of water and something like Optimum No Rinse or some waterless wash if you don't have access to a bucket.

Used that Optimum No rinse as clay bar lube. It was pretty nice.

Need to actually wax it now, but its been too hot, and seems like the trees are still dropping some kinda shit all over the place. Wash it and within an hour it has an odd film on it.

That all sounds awful.

But I watch these Japanese guys pull out fresh microfiber towels, clean empty buckets, and one person (two if the gas pumps aren't busy) does the whole car.
They shoot foam over the entire car and let that sit for about two minutes, then spray it off and use two buckets to soap the entire car again, then the wheels, and then spray it all off at once.
Then they dry it off with microfiber towels and use air to dry out the small crevices, then they put some tire shine on with a sponge.

It's worth the ¥2,700 every time; and besides, the car sits indoors most of the time now anyway.

Washed, clayed, and waxed last week.

>seems like the trees are still dropping some kinda shit all over the place

Trees suck up moisture from the ground and seem to sweat out the extra as sap that blows away in the wind. I wonder if that is their way of excreting contaminants as part of the sap. I know some hibiscus will excrete excess salt that way on their leaves. The oak and maple trees make a lot of watery sap, but the conifers make a thicker sap that doesn't flatten on my paint but makes a taller "dome" shape. I wonder if the pine tree sap has turpentine in it?

wednesday.

then it rained the rest of the week, so i did the interior.

A few hours ago. Thought it would rain this afternoon and it didn't. So I gave it a wash right before dark after it cooled down.

Had a bunch of scum on it even after giving it a pressure wash last week after driving it on the beach. So I washed it twice. Once with soap to get all the gunk off it, then second time with Meguiar's Wash and Wax. Might give it a proper wax on top of that tomorrow.

About 2 weeks ago. I'm on a monthly schedule for that.

I try to be more frequent in the winter tho because Minnesota is hell on cars.

today

>tfw have to park car outside

>tfw you wash your car and find a dozen rock chips because FUCK YOU FORD

Time for a little touchup paint so that the chip doesn't widen or allow road salt to get under the paint through that hole in the protective coating.

Every single Friday evening was dedicated to me and my E32.

>Township is rationing water after three thunderstorms
Why?

Week before last, but I got my car serviced 2 days ago, and they did a really nice wax coat, it's been rained on 3 times and still looks pretty

>waxing
Pleb tier thread

>Why?

Because storm drains flow into the sewer and not into the reservoirs, dummy.

Just washed mine today, then went to get groceries for dinner. Came out to find that some piece of shit scraped up the panel behind the passenger side wheel well when they pulled out of their parking space. In a half-empty lot with plenty of room. Just bought it a month ago, too.

>In a half-empty lot with plenty of room.
That happens a lot with narrow parking spaces. The Factoria Shopping Mall in a suburb city near me has tiny spaces and small aisles. It's the only major mall in the entire region that has made an example of giving the legal minimum sparking space for visitors to the mall. Thus the chance of another car with low visibility problems bumping yours when it backs out of its space is high. Because the aisle is narrow, cars tend to begin turning right away as they back out, thus the corner of their front bumper is going to brush against your rear fender.

It's just too bad that there was so much room and they still scraped your car. Genuinely careless driver or the driver was on weed.