/fog/ - Fallout General

Nuka World is a Myth Edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB (embed) (embed)

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP (embed) (embed)

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA (embed) (embed)

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh (embed) (embed)

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m (embed) (embed)

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD (embed) (embed)

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/app/377160/depots/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Nuka-World supposedly coming out this month
>Not even in beta yet

This is now a pudgy girl thread.

>mfw Atom's Judgement

Worth it.

>Maxwell's World supposedly coming out this month
>not even in beta

Coincidence?

5th for bittersweet Mariner kisses.

Who is best ghoul?

>Edward
>Hancock
>Vault Tec
>Kent
>someone else?

Can we please not?

>Not wasting every ghoul you see with plasma weaponry and using their radioactive goo as crafting parts

9th for thank God I didn't delete my Legion save.

Todd murdered trainwiz's texturer to stop him from releasing Maxwell's World

What the hell is that behind you?

steamdb.info/app/377160/depots/

>Fallout 4 - Nuka-World (490650) Depot 3.66 GB

3.66 gigs is larger then FAH HAHBAH

Beth doesn't give a shit about Fallout anymore, it seems

>Longing makes the heart grow fonder, but I've always been a fan of hog tying my lovers to make sure they can't escape

Well it also has probably all those new assets

Obviously Kent.

Edward is up there though
>sided with the Cabot family and killed Lorenzo because you didn't want to disappoint Edward

3.66 gigs is larger than ONE MAN'S LIE

Deegan, but I'm biased because I have a thing for proper military type characters.

They should concentrate on the next TES.

They're doing whatever their 'secret' project is. Won't be TES for a few more years, or Fallout for even longer.

>secret project
Is that the space game?

New assets out the ass would explain it.

Space game?

>Gamebryo with 6DOF
>Gamebryo with vehicles and spaec ships

Dear god no.

I heard rumors of an game set in a space/sci-fi setting.

Sci-Fi is a dead genre

>New assets

What will they add? More Nuka Cola stuff?

You're probably confusing that with either Obsidian's cancelled Creation Engine space game, Trainwiz's space game, or that one post about a possible TES space game from Veeky Forums

Among other things.

I must admit, I've been somewhat disappointed with the performance of the primary unit

Nuka World is going to be released on the 30th of August, the last Tuesday of the month.

Beta will begin on the 23rd.

also they will re-create their engine from zero, the havok bullshit broke their backs badly

expect physX or other free x64 engine soon to replace havok

What makes you think they did in the first place?

>the havok bullshit broke their backs badly
Lol, uninformed: the post

>pic of a BoS paladin saying they did it wrong
>uses Lyons BoS emblem instead of the west coast BoS emblem

One thing bethesda done right in FO4 is the junk.
God damn do i love collecting junk, swimming in piles of fucking trash, being a hobo never felt so fucking real.
Especially with def_ui.
i
love
hoarding
trash

Now they just need to fucking implement working shopping carts

You what mate?

the BoS paladin crashing through the wall in that pic is holding an old style Plasa rifle, and telling a bunch of people in Fallout 3 shirts they did it wrong, but has the Lyon's inverted BoS logo, where the big gear is on the right hand side, instead of the west coast BoS logo were its on the left

Lyon's BoS has the big gear on the right too I thought. And it's blue for the wings, gray for the sword and black for the gears.

It's the Midwest BoS that has the big gear on the right and a monochrome coloration.

what

>regular nora with 10 or so minutes of slight changes

Anyone else tried that NV weapons mod?
It's not finished, but i still love them more than vanilla shit.
Just need to replace them with mill's textures and it'll be perfect.

Eww

Lyons and MWBoS use the big gear on the right, west coast uses big gear on the left

>passing out on immortality, damage boost, and damage resist because of a dirty rotface

wew lad

Why did Beth have to make the T-60 this brand new super cool and unique snowflake power armor instead of just saying it was a BoS invention made as an upgrade kit for old T-45 units to increase their effectiveness?

Why does Bethesda hate the T-51 so damn much?

Wow, you actively made her look way worse.

Because the T-51 is ugly and retarded, like you.

>letting a murderous psychopath live and assist him in the slaughter of his kin

>Why does Bethesda hate the T-51 so damn much?
By this logic, why did Interplay make the special snowflake Enclave APA when T-51 was the best PA in Fallout 1

>Murderous psychopath
>Gets righteous justice on the people who had been imprisoning and leeching off his blood for centuries
>Afterwards chills in his house peacefully

Lorenzo did nothing wrong.

>roaming around the wasteland after letting Lorenzo get revenge
>stumble upon Lorenzo terrorizing random non-feral ghouls with his mind powers
baka

You input is appreciated, Mister Hines.

That's completely different and not compatible situations at all.
The Enclave developed their own power armor, because they continued research after the war.

T-51 is explicitly stated to the be top of the line model of pre-war armor multiple times in the games. Fallout 3 even respected this point by making the suit of T-51 basically unique and obtaining it part of a special quest based around that fact, since it's really rare on the East Coast, even though T-45 is relatively plentiful.

But then all of a sudden we get "b-but actually there's an even better suit than T-51 that was made before the war! And it's ALL OVER New England!"

Also they decided that X-01 needed to be a pre-war prototype thing too for some reason instead of the in house invention of the Enclave made after the bombs fell.

>And it's ALL OVER New England!"
More like its all over Boston, which is stated several times in-game to be a major military test ground, where they were devloping shit like the fatman, t-51 upgrades, vertibirds, and shit like assaultrons

>Also they decided that X-01 needed to be a pre-war prototype thing too for some reason
Except they did no such thing, its even directly stated in-game to be a post-war devlopment

T-60 is dumb, but not as dumb as fucking BOTTLE CAPS which you autists seem to have no problem with

>Fallout updates every two days
>F4SE won't keep up and will just wait until Nuka World is released

There were 35k players last night, now its 21k

Bottle caps make a lot of sense.

People all over the world who had no communication with eachother all used gold as a unit of currency becuase gold has properites that make it a great currency.

Caps have similar poperites as well, so it makes sense people all over post-war America would adopt them as currency as well.

New Vegas fucked it all up by using bottle caps.

Ghouls were a mistake.

So uh, modding related question here

How in the fuck do I get the newer version of Blender to open NIF files?

all the standard links link to the older 2.4 version and I have the 2.7 version
I've found more X-01 than T60 and about 100X more of those than T45 and 51

no man's sky did come out recently as well. Might be some overlap in that.

One Man's Lie

>Except they did no such thing, its even directly stated in-game to be a post-war devlopment
Could have sworn there was a loading screen saying it was made from experimental pre-war designs. You might be right on that one though.

I still think they should have made the T-60 be in the lore as merely an upgrade kit for the T-45, like something you could bolt the extra parts and make necessary replacements of outdated hardware in an attempt to extend the service life of the existing T-45 suits for less cost than making new suits of T-51. Could have either been a pre-war military thing or a post war BoS invention to supplement their abundance of T-45. I mean it even looks like slightly improved T-45. If they were going to make a whole new line of power armor they should have made it look unique instead of the old stuff but higher poly models.

Either solution would have been more acceptable than "new prototype power armor that's all over Boston, but completely and entirely unheard of and unknown in the rest of the world" because that would have to be the explanation of all prior games calling T-51 the height of pre-war power armor tech, when T-60 existed the whole time.

Oi m8 this yank town is full of poofters

>Gold makes a great currency
>Gold and bottle caps both exist in Fallout
>Gold has a use in crafting/electronics that gives it genuine value on top of its rarity

Yeah lets stick with bottle caps.

Nifskope can export to OBJ, try that.

>lawyers

They explained why though. The BoS blew up the gold that backed the NCR currency, so most people switched back to caps as they were more valuable.

>Could have sworn there was a loading screen saying it was made from experimental pre-war designs.
No, the loading screen actually says the exact opposite.

>Yeah lets stick with bottle caps.
Did you forget there was this thing called the resource wars that basically drained every major resource in the world?

According to Sawyer, not even The Legion can mine for gold, they just melt down what scraps they find.

Caps are a terrible fucking currency

Set. He managed to carve out a place for ghouls in the wasteland and encourage their growth while also not being an "abloo bloo dey dindu nuffin" the way Roy or 3dog are.

This is my lawyer

They're semi-rare, easy to identify, portable, hard to replicate, and reasonably durable.

They're an excellent fucking currency.

No. I want you to go the store right now, buy 200 mexican cokes, crack them open, drink them, and then try to stuff all of the caps into your pocket.

What would you suggest otherwise?

>hard to replicate
So building weapons, robots and new settlements is easier than building caps?

Bottlecaps are only still around because muh brand

No, otherwise more people would do it besides the ss.

The mysteries of bottle cap pressing have been lost forever to time

Bottlecaps are stamped and printed like real coins anyway.

A person who takes their time to recreate the process successfully would probably be rich otherwise with the same set of skills.

I really hope not... :(

While I couldn't drink that many cokes without giving myself diabetes instantly and then falling into a diabetic coma, I could probably fit most if not all of those caps into my pockets, as I am wearing jeans with decent pockets.

Also if the caps stashes are any indication, most people use various containers to store their caps. Which you could stick at the bottom of a backpack or knapsack.
All those things require specialized workstations that appear to be relatively rare and the robots required a station that a handful of people still understand how to build.

Plus bottle caps are relatively elaborately painted and are both small and have small and uniform details.

IT IZ TIME TO RID ZE COMMONREICH OF MUTANTS, JEWS AND ANIME, (but were ze fuck iz my hat!?)

Sorry bub but it's true

i fail to see how survival mode is fun

>walk to trader
>do some stuff, sell some stuff, buy some stuff
>walk to bed
>15 seconds from bed
>random military robot shows up
>show me your id
>perfectly reasonable answer
>nope kill on sight deadly force
>rip

I'm about to uninstall for real this shit is just tedious and i'm not having fun

might go back to normal mode

not white enough

Bottle caps are a terrible currency in an apocalypse because they have no real value. They are like paper money in that they have no practical application that gives them value, they are only representative of value. Gold (or any commodity that can be used for survival/luxury) has value that can be spent in and of itself, IE gold can be melted down into electronic parts, or crafted into human desirable luxury items.

Also what this guy said how the fuck am I walking around with 25,000 bottlecaps in my pocket. Gold or any luxury substance is going to be more efficient with its value/mass ratio the more rare it is. Bottlecaps arent rare in the slightest when you can take 3 steps outside of a city and find a few in a pile of 200 year old trash.

Have you tried the mod called git gud holy shit?

>didn't tell the crazy robot to go fuck himself
You deserve what you get you commie infiltrator.

Honestly looks like he sucks cock in run down gas station bathrooms while cosplaying as that. Could you make a bigger twink.

yeah i started survival right off the bat was probably a bad idea cuz this shit is terrible

Meth junkie/10

AH, ZERE IT ITS. NOW LETS FIND ZIS INSTITUTE, I AM SURE MY FREUND MENGELE WILL HAVE IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE TO SHARE

Gold is only valued because it's shiny and someone a long time ago decided it was valuable. It's also not very light. I mean yes it's useful if you know how to melt it down and perfectly implement it into electronics, but to most people it's just something that's worth an exchange into a currency they use.

fallout is a joke in terms of realism

you know that right

it might as well be a fantasy game like skyrim

>Hungry
>Go to diamond city
>Carry around 30000 caps in twenty plastic bags
>Hope they dont rip
>Finally get there
>Plop down one of the giant bags onto the vendor's table and open it up
>Very carefully count out and stack 120 caps so I can get my radscorpion ratatouille
>Accidently kick one of the bags
>Tens of thousands of bottlecaps everywhere

Bottle caps are backed by water and are accepted as a currency nation-wide due to trade routes. The problem with gold is that it's TOO rare. Representative currencies are still perfectly capable of working as long as people agree on one. As for the number of caps, you'd have a hell of a lot easier time carrying 25k caps than the same amount of gold and currency not encumbering the player is a feature in 99.9999% of games.

You need a nazi skin for your power armor and like an MG-42 or FG-42 for using as a heavy weapon.

I'm sure there's a mod that adds bolt action mausers for using as a sniper.

Make sure to give all your companions uniforms and proper weapons too.