Emulation General - /emugen/

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/lordmonkus1
youtube.com/channel/UCq8n2oMl5dVugY_u4pzwoOQ/videos
paulscode.com/auto-builds/
youtube.com/watch?v=X70EggQ8OlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dark Souls 2D

>crt shaders that make it really dark for no reasons
>using crt shaders and webms even though the lines cause artifacts

>crt shaders that make it really dark for no reasons

You didn't play the game.

>using crt shaders and webms even though the lines cause artifacts

I won't change my configuration to record a random gameplay just to please someone like you.

Is it on par or past Yabause?

Are there games that Yabause can't play that Mednafen Saturn can?

Is Recaptcha the svaior of gaming?

Dramcast-mednafen when?

How old were you when you realized that old video games weren't worth playing or preserving?

I realized they were kind of over rated and mostly thought highly due to nostalgia. Some are kinda fun. Many are kinda boring and clunky. J-RPGS or simple menu based combat is pretty impossible to like.

They should be preserved at least for historical purposes so we can figure out what gaming media was like.

>2050
>fire up VR Sim
>select 1991
>walk around the house
>sit down and play the SNES
>program is running bsnes
>get kinda bored a few minutes later
>walk outside

>crt shaders in webms
>640x360

Literally just stop posting

I'd rather have a thread full of bump posts.

Try Symphony next.

And use 640x480 (x2) resolution output.

>2050
>not being triggered by the lack of diversity among retro protagonists
>implying retro games will even still exist after the Digital Safe Space Act of 2030 which mandates all CPUs be imprinted with malware AI that destroys any and all offensive data immediately upon detection

The saturn ones are not mine, i got from some youtuber youtube.com/user/lordmonkus1

Astal one from this guy: youtube.com/channel/UCq8n2oMl5dVugY_u4pzwoOQ/videos

What's your favorite novelty shader?

>2050
>there still won't be a single NES game with an expired copyright even assuming the period isn't extended again

What game is this and why did they carbon copy Kyo from King of Fighters?

Bloom shaders
Some of them are REALLY fucking bad, like they want to ghost shit diagonally instead of having anything to do with bloom.

>better than MESS
>better than Yabause
>games that don't work likely have small problems that can be resolved

So this... is the power of tranny devs.

That's only because MESS is and forever has been garbage. They have devs who bite off more than they can chew and who can't really deliver.

All this talk about MAME catering to all the abandoned and obscure consoles out there that the 'more popular non-MAME' emulators won,t yet it has jack shit to show for it.

MAME is a loser's project quickly reaching its expiration date, the only reason it's not dead yet is because you need it for arcade.

>Is it on par or past Yabause?
Way past.

>Is it on par or past Yabause?

Yes

>Are there games that Yabause can't play that Mednafen Saturn can?

Yes, but not many

>Is Recaptcha the svaior of gaming?

No, that would be Squarepusher.

>Dramcast-mednafen when?

Mednafen could never emulate DC at playable speeds.

>What game is this
Gekido Advance Kintaro's Revenge
>and why did they carbon copy Kyo from King of Fighters?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nioh 2D

>this is how America actually views drugs

I can't find a working PS2 bios link for the life of me. The one from emuparadise seems to be JAP. Is that cool, or do I need USA? Will only JAP isos work with the JAP bios?

Super Mario World 3D

>Mednafen could never emulate DC at playable speeds.
That doesn't even make sense. Mednafen is basically just a collection of emus.

Mednafen doesn't have an OGL renderer.

Good luck emulating DC in software mode

literally search ps2 bios on emuparadise and the first fucking link is a full pack

Shit, you're right.

If only the frontend part of mednafen wasn't closed source, recaptcha could just add one.

Well fuck, it's impossible then.

Did you try reading the fucking wiki, you cunts?

>written in Cpisspiss
>no dynarec
Why are people hyped about mednafen saturn?

>recaptcha could just add one.

Never ever

>Mednafen doesn't have an OGL renderer.
Wat

What does it use then?

why are you calling me a cunt i was telling the stupid fuck how to get his bios

1. you're spoonfeeding
2. you ovbviously haven't read the fucking wiki

fuck you

>What does it use then?

Software rendering

Looks like Project 64 Android is going to have a free version that can't save, so if you want to save, you have to upgrade.

Time to pirate emulators

Well, it is open source so you could easily build it yourself.

>pirating open-source

Trannyfetcher has put out several quality emulators already, and if it gets on the level of PSX the Saturn will finally be saved.

You realize about 1% of people know how to compile software right?

And around 1% care about paying money to save their progress in Donkey Kong 64.

>download
>right click
>compile

based recaptcha

>implying
>compilers being easy to use

What weird os are you using while compile is on the RC menu?

Gentoo

And upon hearing these news you thought to yourself "silly Zilmar, if you needed money to get your dick wet that badly you should've just come to me, my rancid asshole is ready to receive at a moment's notice".

>spoonfeeding
>being helpful is bad

People will never learn to do things themselves if you spoonfeed them-

>these news
I think you meant "this news".

or just use mupen

I guess we're in luck, then, considering Mupen64Plus AE is both free and superior in every way.

I don't need to be a native English speaker to understand who your buttbuddies are.

what if i loaded a doom wad in dolphin

>wanting to turn emugen into a safespace

Fuck you and go away

What you jackoffs don't seem to understand is you are not being helpful. You are ENABLING laziness. You wanna help people so bad? Stop spoon feeding and actually help people help themselves.

>I guess we're in luck, then, considering Mupen64Plus AE is both free and superior in every way.

>spoonfeeding isn't bad

fuck off reddit

If anything, everybody is laughing at project 64 trying to go full drastic and earn money in a field where Mupen64Plus exists.

Drastic could do it because Desmume sucks cocks. Project 64 can't because Mupen64Plus doesn't.

>If anything, everybody is laughing at project 64 trying to go full drastic and earn money in a field where Mupen64Plus exists.
You have to pay for Mupen64Plus AE, and Mupen64Plus is less compatible than PJ64.

>have to pay
It's just as "free" as PJ64 then, and with the latter still not having even managed to launch on Android I think it's a bit too early to start bragging. Both mentioned emulators are fucking shit btw.

Are you actually retarded?

Google mupen64plus fz. Up to date AE available straight on Google play.

Or go here: paulscode.com/auto-builds/

Golly gee, what a paywall, huh. (Albeit the buildbot has been down for a while, but as said, fz is up to date and completely free.)

>tfw just noticed you're a tripfag
Well, that explains why you seemingly have the mental capacity of a chimpanzee. Thank God for filters.

>Thank God for filters.
youtube.com/watch?v=X70EggQ8OlQ

>Google mupen64plus fz. Up to date AE available straight on Google play.
Forks don't count. Anyone can fork PJ64 Android and make it completely free. Are you literally retarded, friend? Or just underage?

RetroArch Mupen64 core will slaughter both anyway.

>RetroArch Mupen64 core will slaughter both anyway.
That remains to be seen. As we are all fully aware, retroarch is basically poison to the general population. Attaining any sort of audience with anything tied to retroarch will be difficult, although I wish SP all the best.

"As we are all fully aware, retroarch is basically poison to the general population"

No, we are not fully aware. That is what liars and propagandists like you make it out to be because you need to shill for your shekelware master Zilmar.

The "general population" has no issues at all with an XMB-style interface once getting used to it.

"Attaining any sort of audience with anything tied to retroarch will be difficult, although I wish SP all the best."

You are truly pathetic.

RetroArch is the one and only thing that is currently driving this entire "retro game craze".

Or where the fuck do you think all this sudden "interest" is coming from? Sure as fuck is not coming from PJ64, I can tell you that.

You seem to be a delusional pathetic loser that thinks that the thing that is actually gaining prominence and obsoleting everything is actually some "smalltime thing" that doesn't matter. You should unfuck your brain honestly.

help when I try to use mednafen saturn I just get here and can't exit or anything

>RetroArch is the one and only thing that is currently driving this entire "retro game craze".
Is that arrogance I smell? We live in a world where ZSNES is one of the most popular SNES emulators. What does that tell you?

Also, what retro game craze?

>The "general population" has no issues at all with an XMB-style interface once getting used to it.
You do realise that if they don't "get used to it" within about 30 seconds, your emulator will die unloved, right? Why do you think so many people prefer the awfulness of ZSNES over stuff like SNES9x?

>Or where the fuck do you think all this sudden "interest" is coming from? Sure as fuck is not coming from PJ64, I can tell you that.
Well, its not coming from RA because its N64 emulator DOESN'T WORK. N64 emulation is kinda stuck in a limbo because all the N64 emulators, including PJ64 are stuck in a limbo where they're simply too shit and boken and confusing for the average person who just wants to play Turok 2.

incoming drama

"Well, its not coming from RA because its N64 emulator DOESN'T WORK."

What's this retarded shit again dude? Do you do this kind of retarded shit because you want people to think you're retarded? You're not even making sense.

Are you the same retarded loser that started talking smack before about ParaLLEl not being for 'muh precious' Zilmar-fag plugin ?

You, zilmar, and that plugin spec can both die and go fuck themselves.

>Well, its not coming from RA because its N64 emulator DOESN'T WORK
Holy shit my dude, who pays you to come in here and shill PJ64 and spread blatant lies about Frankenmupen and paraLLEl? Where can I get some of this free and easy money?

>You do realise that if they don't "get used to it" within about 30 seconds, your emulator will die unloved, right? Why do you think so many people prefer the awfulness of ZSNES over stuff like SNES9x?

And Project64 has nothing to offer such people with all of its plugin garbage, crappy WIMP menus laid out all over the place, and just the general pathetic crappiness of it all.

Not to mention the pathetic loser project has been tainted by malware and nobody will touch this shitstain of an emulator anymore with a ten foot pole.

But keep shilling this pathetic garbage though all the same,

I'm liking this fancy spritework.

>Well, its not coming from RA because its N64 emulator DOESN'T WORK.

So it's come to this. Resident PJ64 shill and """""""N64 emulation expert""""""""' ambientwaifu has finally been exposed for shilling PJ64 and spreading blatant lies and misinformation about Retroarch.

Screen cap this post and add him to the filter boys, we're done here.

>RetroArch is the one and only thing that is currently driving this entire "retro game craze
Haha no
Normies use emulators such as:
old Nestopia
ZSNES
Project64
VisualBoyAdvance
ePSXe

>Also, what retro game craze?

It's just some BIOS thing. You select a language, then you select Exit, then you go through a few more screens and it should boot up the game.

If the ISO is wrong, it will throw you back to the BIOS.

Look at the core info file for Mednafen Saturn to see which bios files you need.

Had some occasional slowdown on this screen, maybe the hippo was too heavy. Real surprised how smooth this super early Saturn core runs, it's some quality work.

Press L1

"Normies use emulators such as:
Project64"

Bullshit, everybody is warning each other about how the site is malware, how Google doesn't even let you visit it, and how it should be avoided at all costs.

If you think that has the 'normie approval' touch, you might be more delusional than I thought.

That soccer stage is the fucking best

normies can't mupen so that's what they have. they use a third-party site like the emulator zone to get an outdated version.

>see these lines everywhere? that makes it retro

Is it possible to set up a shortcut to directly load a specific game using RetroArch without passing through the menus?

>blatant lies
I think you mean to say, "unfortunate facts".

And Project64 has nothing to offer such people with all of its plugin garbage

Plugins are inherently good. Anyone who says otherwise probably dreams of being butt-pounded by the Apple Corporation every night.

>crappy WIMP menus laid out all over the place

Please tell me you're not claiming that XMB-style interfaces are a good thing in emulators built for PC.

Also, PJ64's relatively simple and easy-to-understand interface helped it win against 1964, which was arguably a far superior emulator at the time.

>Not to mention the pathetic loser project has been tainted by malware and nobody will touch this shitstain of an emulator anymore with a ten foot pole.

We're talking about an emulator that BSODed Windows 7 and then Windows 10. If that didn't manage to dent its popularity, adware that has since been removed from the emulator ain't gonna do jack.

How are you enjoying Resident Evil 2 on frankenmupen?

>Press L1
thanks

Yeah, RE2 doesn't work on frankenmupen so frankenmupen doesn't work. It's a real shame. It's also a shame how some obscure Japanese pinball game doesn't work on beetle, so beetle doesn't work either.

>Director's favorite version of Resident Evil 2.
>Obscure game.
Pick one.

With the memcard does it save the settings and date? I rmemeber Saturn had an internal clock.

Why is Recaptucha so fucking good?

it made me set the settings again when I booted a different game. Maybe simulating saturn's failing battery?

> RE2

To begin with, it's a rather lame port and most 'normies' would rather prefer playing that on the actual PS1 emulator or whatever, but anyway, to humor you:

RE2 - Works fine if you use angrylion and cxd4 for RSP. It will have missing FMV voices but that is it, should render and run fine.

Your mileage may vary with HLE video plugins but those are always going to be inaccurate compared to angrylion/parallel/anything LLE anyway.

Biohazard 2 - Works fine if you use angrylion and cxd4 for RSP. FMVs are fine with this one, so it's perfect for all intents and purposes.

Okay guys, I've been looking everywhere. Has anyone ever gotten bomberman jetters for the dolphin emulator to work with netplay? I've tried everything, single core, real XFB, turning off speed up. I just dont get it. Any help with be amazing. Really wanted to play this with netplay.

That was such a gimped port of the PS1 version. Saturn deserved better on that one.

Thankfully it got the better Quake/Duke3D instead.

>With the memcard does it save the settings and date? I rmemeber Saturn had an internal clock.

That happens on real hardware if you have no memcard. Is Memcard feature not implimented yet? Is there an option to turn it on?

>To begin with, it's a rather lame port and most 'normies' would rather prefer playing that on the actual PS1 emulator
Yes, I'm sure people who hate tank controls will gladly choose a version with tank controls over the version that invented the control system that has become the default for Resident Evil games with fixed camera angles.

>RE2 - Works fine if you use angrylion and cxd4 for RSP. It will have missing FMV voices but that is it, should render and run fine.
So the voices work? Last I tested, they didn't work. Also, FMV sound effects missing is kind of a big deal.