>Had money
>Searched a lot
>First time making an offer failed
>Second time looking at a car failed
>After the third time I just gave up
>Talked to aunt
>Has Suzuka Blue S2000
>Sold it to me for $8,000
90k miles on it and new clutch. I drive an S2000 as my first car. Glad I was cured of the gay disease when I bought the S2000 instead of the Miata.

Nice blog post

Consider yourself lucky kiddo

get a hard top for that bad boy dont be a fag

Rwd is number one! Make sure to laugh at civic cucks

>this insecure with your sexuality
Nah, you are gay.

s2k for $8k that isn't complete garbage is a fucking steal, fantastic work OP just don't kill yourself in that thing

Nobody should have that much power

i hope that thing came with a black interior and not one of those all blue/all red interiors

>240hp
>555-come-on-now

>what is power to weight ratio

It's 2860lbs not 2100, it's a 14 second car. I'd love to own one but I own a faster car now.

>Glad I was cured of the gay disease when I bought the S2000 instead of the Miata.
They're both gay

Good price op, just got a stock 2003 with 84,000 miles on it for $12K from a dealer. Come join us at /hg/

Please Suzuka blue w/ blue interior is gorgeous. I had that color combo in an AP2, basically identical to OP's pic, people couldn't believe it was a ten year old Honda I got off of Craigslist.

>spending 8k
>on anything
jej

Just curious,what is considered fast?I drive a car that has 200hp. Not very fast but pretty fast for me,prolly because I haven't driven anything faster. Timed it and 0-100 kph in 9.6 seconds. Planning to get a faster car. so...what is "fast"?

Hahaha, either you bought one with a salvage title or you're lying about the price.

poorfag

sub 5 sec 0-62

terms of horsepower/torque?thanks m8

He just said he bought it off his aunt. Read the thread faggot. Dude got a deal cause he ripped off his own aunt for it

Not sure if serious...but HP/Torks means absolutely nothing without weight.

200HP and 150lb/ft is plenty if your car weighs 1,500 lbs. In your average 3,200 lb vehicle, you'll need 300/280 to be anywhere near fast.

Bullshit. It's got a salvage title or he's lying about the price...I'll wait for a VIN and/or bill of sale with the personal info blacked out.

Hp/ torque doesn't mean much. A turbo diesel truck might have 400hp/800ft-lb but still take 8 seconds to hit 60. A Miata has 130hp and does the same. That's why he said any car that does 0-62mph/ 0-100kph in under 5 seconds is fast.

Under 6 seconds will beat 99% of cars on the road, under 5 seconds will beat 99.99%.

ahh I see.Thanks for the info mates.Sorry about this,fairly new at automotive.

>>"you'll need 300 hp to be anywhere near fast"
>>picking up a '00 trans am friday
hp stock

Whew. Just made it. Thank god

The 5 seconds thing is new to me.Holy shit.5 seconds to hit 62.Seems fast as fuck because 9 seconds is already fast for me and I'm grinning with joy every time I hit a corner 'fairly fast'.

in due time. speed is an addiction, you always want more. my first car was 6.4sec 0-62mph, current is 4.6sec 0-62mph, and still isnt fast enough

If you feel like your car is fast and timed it to 9 seconds, it's either not fast (very average, think Toyota camry) or you timed it wrong. What kind of car?

what was your first car and current car?
Not sure if I timed it right.Just used my phone while driving trying to hit the speed I wanted.It's just a midsize mitsubishi suv.I know.

>midsize Mitsubishi SUV
So an Outlander. Yeah 9 seconds is about right. You could probably beat a VW Beetle, or an Outlander with 2 passengers and a dog.

200hp and 9.6 secs 0-100 kph (0-62mph)? Is that an SUV? Because my 189bhp bmw sedan does 0-100 kph in 7.1 seconds.

montero/pajero to be exact.Not sure what it's called in other countries.It's funny when you mentioned 2 passengers and a dog,because my gf is riding shotgun and my dog is always with us during trips.
Yep.It's my second car and it's pretty heavy.I've driven 5 different cars and this one is the fastest I've had the chance to drive.Pretty sad but I'll get there soon somehow.
>someday.

At least you have a girlfriend and a dog.

At the rear wheels, not at the crank.

300 to the wheels would be kind of fast

cheer up user
>the time will come.
>someday

Come to Latvia i'll let you drive my 7 second E46 lol.

270rwhp is pretty fast user-kun

consider the types of american racing where it's either completely in a straight line, or in a giant oval where you turn left for 4-5 hours at a time and there's no real need to corner in either of these situations. Also worth mentioning that in both cases they're "funny" cars and have the whole fucking body and lights painted on with stickers

also consider fat american car specifications and the whole vehicle needs to be large to accommodate all the fat and failure and then you need a massive amount of extra HP to be as fast.

The ariel atom "only" has about 250HP or so but it weighs less than around 1200 lbs so it's absurdly quick and nimble. Lotus takes a similar stance on this as well as certain ferrari cars like the F40 which is stripped of everything to save weight.

mitsubish eclipse gsx...a few others...bmw z4m

that looks stock.
don't ruin it.

you've earned 1 internet for avoiding the autistic fagmobile that is the miata

You're telling me a '00 trans am with an ls1 corvette engine isnt fast ? Fuck out of here

You got a good deal OP. Then again it was your family member.

Currently sitting in front of my monitor and being envious at you op. Want to own a S2000 real bad. Especially one like pic related

>implying buying the autistic fagmobile that is the S2000 is any better