/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #396

Max on Monday:
>So bizarro to be back here after five years...
>I thought I could just fit right back in at school...
>But with all this shit going on, I'm even more an outsider...
>And who can I confide in, besides my journal and my camera?
>Man, these are supposed to be the best years of my life...
>This is what it's like to be alone and feel lonely at once...

Max on Friday:
>Oh, Chloe!
>Oh, you're alive! You're alive, oh... Both of us!
>I did so much to bring you back, Chloe... and it worked. It actually worked.
>You're with me again.
>Chloe: Looks like even fate doesn't want us apart!
>I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you.
>And it didn't happen until I moved back here, so... without you, my powers wouldn't even exist.
>Chloe: We were meant to be together.

Never give up; a week can change everything. Everything!

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and! to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10863496
strawpoll.me/10863843
strawpoll.me/10871675
strawpoll.me/10882668
strawpoll.me/10909518
strawpoll.me/10936261

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
instaud.io/8Gy
youtube.com/watch?v=mzdSepr9xKA
youtube.com/watch?v=e4VksyfMRKw).
chloepriceprotectionsquad.tumblr.com/post/131995621384/apparently-max-was-supposed-to-say-this-during-the
mega.nz/#!Xhs1TZ6a!_9zsdVrUSWAlbkGoqAKVrbXDZGDzPYncJ_z3y6IOlJQ
instaud.io/search?q=LiS_VO
orph.link/lisgarchive
a.tumblr.com/tumblr_nwuse5vBn21uz6eyfo1.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=iU1Ja0_3H38
youtube.com/watch?v=yNUUFYHjnIo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace which he lavished upon us.

Max is #1

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Kate is #1

Am I having real emotional troubles or do some tunes make you guys tear up/cry too? Like the opening song or the song that plays at the very end after you make your decision (Obstacles).

These songs tear me up inside so hard I just cry.

Daily reminder that Bae > Bay

I-I'm not crying about the game, I'm crying about my beans.

The unused audio clip that user posted.

>I'd love it all..
So would I! You're welcome, by the way. Here's that picture in full res, too! Boy am I spoiling you.

You are not alone in that. Not alone at all.

Chloe is #1 too!

Kids Will Be Skeletons does it to me every time.

I want to hug Max.

>not Mountains

forever

I don't see it, which one is it?

Thank you so much for full res. It's so beautiful. God, I'm crying again listening to the track "comfy" from your link and looking at that picture. I can't help but imagine scenes in my head when listening to music and it's just so bitter sweet thinking of Max and Chloe...

When did that play again? I can't listen right now I'm in the middle of comfy...

>When did that play again?
End of episode 3.

>full res
>1920x1056
Get on my level

Chloe is #1

My first playthrough, I kind of led Warren on in hindsight. I went in blind and originally thought he was funny, and I wanted Max to have a love interest of some kind. After the pool scene, I knew only Chloe could be her soulmate.

Do you guys happen to know where I could buy a poster of Max from her every day heroes contest entry? On red bubble it says there are 3 options small medium and large but I can't find medium or large only small.

Chloe and Max's crying pierced me hard actually. It felt so fucking real it was so fucked up. It's such a horrible thing and just so painful.

opened up the song though and you're right. fuck. that has such a panicky tune it's quite a sad revelation song. I'm crying again. I swear I'm not a pussy or anything and haven't cried or anything for the longest time but Life is Strange fucking kept hitting me in the heart. It's so fucking painful.
End of episode 3 i was so sad and angry at how they could do that to Max's Chloe. MY Chloe. She deserves just to live and be happy.

>I don't see it, which one is it?

instaud.io/8Gy

This one

At this rate I'll get it done approximately next year...

that's my wallpaper now.

oh my god is this after episode 5? This sounds so beautiful! They talked about marrying that is just so lovely. Where is this clip from? The other user's link was Music from the game, not hidden audio files...

>can see Dana's knockers from like 50 feet up

youtube.com/watch?v=mzdSepr9xKA

All day, every day.

It's looking really good so far! Who is that Victoria is looking at, Courtney?

BTW Who is Mari? I see people talk about "mari's theories"

(unless I'm spelling the name wrong)

I'm fairly certain it was right after the pool scene when they crashed at Chloe's place. In the morning. So that would be episode 3. It wasn't a used clip in the actual game.

I read the name after I posted it says ep 3 but it sounds like post ep5 to me. It sounds beautiful. too.

Do you know where to get more of the unused clips?

Someone who made "fan theories" that threw so much shit at the wall and then acted like she was amazing when some stuck.
She projected her own issues onto the characters, talked about stuff that /lisg/ hates, and tried to act like people making fan projects were stealing Dontnod's property. When she herself was a let's player showing off their game for her videos.

Better to just not mention here in the future.

>>can see Dana's knockers from like 50 feet up
Yeah, that's an unfortunate character to choose to be at the front at this angle. Some of that dark line is her necklace tho, but I'm doing transparency-unaware AO so it's darkening up the skin more than it should.
>Who is that Victoria is looking at, Courtney?
No, that's CH_S_NonameGirl03. Apparently, she was in the game too.

She is exceptionably huggable.

I immediately don't like her. Not going to mention her again.

I wasn't criticizing user. I just mean't it's funny that she has them so out there that you can see them from such a distance.

Bittersweet indeed. The pool scene really is magical and has been topic of discussion countless times here. Including trying to find music that could fit the scene, while we are on that topic (youtube.com/watch?v=e4VksyfMRKw). All of LiS' songs are special, and they all reasonably could make you cry for their own reason.

Defeat admitted. Didn't even know he put those up on AS too.

I'm afraid they only have the small version. You should be able to get it printed somewhere else. Can't find the biggest res version I have of it right now. I think that was a custom render anyhow.

We'll be here...

Is she the girl watching Mr Jefferson getting arrested?

Well, there's this:

chloepriceprotectionsquad.tumblr.com/post/131995621384/apparently-max-was-supposed-to-say-this-during-the

The rest of it, I think is mixed in with other stuff in this folder:

mega.nz/#!Xhs1TZ6a!_9zsdVrUSWAlbkGoqAKVrbXDZGDzPYncJ_z3y6IOlJQ

>All of LiS' songs are special, and they all reasonably could make you cry for their own reason.
very very true. That song you linked is so chill btw.

>I'm afraid they only have the small version. You should be able to get it printed somewhere else. Can't find the biggest res version I have of it right now. I think that was a custom render anyhow.

That sucks! I would really love to have the poster in my room. The walls are barren I haven't had a poster in years and I want that in my room for sure.

>>chloepriceprotectionsquad.tumblr.com/post/131995621384/apparently-max-was-supposed-to-say-this-during-the

how do you download this audio clip?

>The rest of it, I think is mixed in with other stuff in this folder:

downloading now!

Oh okay. My next guess was going to be a still-in-progress Rachel.

I think so, I remember seeing her in the hallway and at the party too I think.

Yeah, that seems to be her.
>inb4 dof blur gives my eyes cancer

>>The rest of it, I think is mixed in with other stuff in this folder:
>
>mega.nz/#!Xhs1TZ6a!_9zsdVrUSWAlbkGoqAKVrbXDZGDzPYncJ_z3y6IOlJQ

This is the same folder from last thread kek and it only has the songs. There's also something called "playlist" but I don't know how to open it up and it's only 537 bytes so I doubt it's anything.

I still need those audio files! (not to be pushy or anything)

I remember seeing her wandering around the halls.

Shit. This is going to take some digging then. Sorry.

>>Shit. This is going to take some digging then. Sorry.
I'm terrible at this I'm going to come up with nothing ahahah

Do you at least know how to download this clip from tumblr?

I have absolutely no clue how to save this recording.

I posted a download link in the last thread. And I can't find the folder where all of audioanon's rips were. But you can use this instead: instaud.io/search?q=LiS_VO

I thought it was. Dana's a peacock is just it.

>only has the songs
Oh. Sorry. Again, use the link from above. That should be all our audioanon ripped. If you want to have a comprehensive insight into the audio files... head to orph.link/lisgarchive and there'll you find "RIPPED SOUND FILES".

I'm still looking for the model of that ep3? girl from the bus stop outside the diner, but I can't remember what she looked like, so that's going well.

Thought it was funny, that is.

Use this link: a.tumblr.com/tumblr_nwuse5vBn21uz6eyfo1.mp3

Then right click -> save as...

Thank you so much you legend! How did you achieve this? I tried right clicking and middle clicking to find options but I couldn't find anything. I'm only asking cause the teach a man to fish thing, you know?

I appreciate you so much.

I'm going to try checking it out thank you!

Her? She's pretty cute.

Your enthusiasm is thrilling. ...And that you aren't talking about Jefferson or anything. :p

So you are welcome. How I did the magic: search the site's source code for audio files. mp3 in this case.

I'm super excited I'm finally getting some extra insight into the game! I'm also the emotional user posting here so this is all helping me so much, this game came around at a bad time in my life and you guys are just so wonderful and this is all helping me cope so well. 7 days since I finished this game and I still feel emotional about it as I did when I finished playing.

You're like a wizard, you know that? I'll try to learn how to search the source code for audio files like you sometime then I can help other anons in my position just like you did for me. Thank you so much.

>And that you aren't talking about Jefferson or anything. :p
I'm easy to identify, aren't I?

The huggablest!

It's contagious. Vicariously experiencing all this stuff through you, to a degree. There's so much you haven't seen I can't even begin. But don't be overwhelmed, just stick around and you will eventually.

There is nothing wrong with hugging Max. As long as you're Chloe, or if you ask first.

What song would Chloe sing to Max?

Imma have to rip her myself then, because I don't have that model in any of the packs I've downloaded.

It's no problem. I lashed out more than I should have, and in retrospect wanted to - so I am slightly embarrassed too.

Searching the source code is very easy btw... ctrl + f. Instead of searching for file type, you can also search for "tumblr_". But with video it's always mp4 and audio mp3, so just use those I guess.

Wherever Max and Chloe are, they must also hug.

Yeah, um, that one scene in the nightmare in the diner where she was standing by the window...they were kind of hard to ignore. It felt like Max was dreaming they were larger than they actually are. Maybe it was the lighting.

Black Sheep

youtube.com/watch?v=iU1Ja0_3H38

>It felt like Max was dreaming they were larger than they actually are.
This is very funny too.

And you are right, how she was sat there? Practically ramming them in Max's face. Peacock.

Just humming the melody of "Santa Monica Dream" or "Obstacles" to her, gently.

>and!
Finally.

I'm so excited! I'm really really gleeful.
gif related is me now that I found out there's so much stuff I wasn't even aware of before!

I'm going to have to go out very soon so I'm not going to be able to look at anything now but when I'm home I'll go back to my crying and enjoying more Life is Strange content and being comfy with you lovely bunnies!

maybe this? youtube.com/watch?v=iU1Ja0_3H38 even listening to that makes me feelsy cause I just hear Chloe and she's singing her heart out and it's just so beautiful.

We're all friends here, we're all coping with the same emotions of love, happiness and sadness. We should all be kind to each other. I don't blame you for lashing out, this is a very delicate thing but I'm glad we've fixed things between us huh? You'll be seeing a lot more of me, I'm new but I'm never going to go away!

Thank you! I'll check it out for myself too! You're the best!

I added it once or twice before... But at some point someone deleted it again. Will the plot continue?!

You're pretty cool too. Have fun!

>>>Chloe: We were meant to be together.

You're missing a line.

>Max: Forever.

>that pic
I laugh every time.

I wish Ashly sang more. If her and Hannah did a duet, I'd probably die.

She has a musical right?

She doesn't actually say that at that point, but obviously she does later on the cliff after Chloe says "I will always be with you." - so I will consider adding it should I post it in the future again (I think it's copy-pasta worthy).

I think Hannah is releasing her new album early next year. I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see her and Ashly do a song together.

Doesn't look like anyone's eating these beans.

*throws beans into the trash*

I looked it up, she's in some musical series
youtube.com/watch?v=yNUUFYHjnIo
>Watching first minute
>It involves Ashly screaming and collapsing on the floor of a bathroom
Well. That doesn't bring pleasant thoughts.

Yeah. Only song she has out I think is Hollow Glow. It's not bad, but the vocal quality needs a lot of work. I cannot hear her voice very well.

WHAT
THE
FUCK?!

I WAS EATING THOSE!

I think forevers are tricky.

Afterwards they went and warned people about a brewing storm.

I wish that Ashley covered the song in NON chip tune, it would have been a perfect song with her singing over the instrumentals of the originals. perfect. 10/10

Everything is great, I feel bad about the typo though.

Watching these. I keep thinking of Chloe trying to infiltrate a Vortex Club party.

How do I look, Max?
>Amazing, Chloe
Hey thanks!
How do I look, Rach?
>You rock that outfit, Chloe.
Hey thanks!
How do I look, Frank?
>Like crap.
Hey thanks!

Frank best boy.

Would Pompidou and Alice get along?

Where I can get a jacket like this one?

Oh absolutely. Dogs are very companionable and will get along with just about any other animal. Like Bambi here.

Try for beige field jackets and go from there.

ahahahah

>beige field jackets
>field
nice

of course. Alive would be small enough for Pompidou to realize that she's not a threat. They'd probably sleep curled up next to each other.

I thought Max's jacket was a tan leather. Kind of hard to make out the exact texture, but now that you say it it does look a little like a field jacket.

I'd guess moleskin on the material. But velour is possible too. Field jackets come in all textures and cuts ever since they entered popular fashion a few years back. I have a very similar jacket, but it's corduroy.

That's gorgeous. My fashion sense is more like regular Max's, this seemed too Veeky Forums for me

She knows how to dress well.

Wasn't it strange and surprising that that was the case? Everyone mocked her fashion sense including herself but look at that. It's Veeky Forums as fuck. Seemed out of place.

She was much more confident in that timeline.

Why exactly she was more confident?

I liked her simplistic taste the most honestly. I like max the most when she's dresses in those nice jeans, those converses, her sweet hoodie and cute print t-shirts.

In the other ones she's more intimidatingly fashioned. Too cool.

Max's low self-esteem is really misplaced, but I guess that's why it's tragic in a way. Max doubts herself when it's proven by so many people that she can do tons of stuff very well. Thankfully by the end of the game she realizes just a girl and doesn't have to be perfect to be good. She's awesome in her own way.

But for her fashion sense specifically, she dresses how she's comfortable. The gallery outfit is her putting her mind to creating an outfit for a special occasion. My favorite thing about it (aside from the overall look) is how you can see where Max put her own tastes into it, as well as inspiration from Chloe and Rachel.

It is a nice 'fit, but still rather tame. Except for that quirky-as-fuck belt, I guess. Wouldn't be a Maxfit without quirks.

I dress more fancy than average I suppose, but her usual dress is not at all off-putting to me either.

I think with a talent in something that requires inherently aesthetic sensibilities, it's not too surprising. The boots are maybe a bit more than I would have expected her to go with, but again, it's still tame enough.

That said, however endearing her usual outfits, those Ed Hardy-esque chuck replicas of hers really are pushing what even the qtst of qts can get away with. But, of course, Max gets away with it and now even her stupid skull sneakers have grown on me!

The laugh always gets me. She spills his beans, he slips onto the floor, and she fucking laughs. I love when the game gave me the choice to make Max an asshole.

>we never got a scene where Max got a Vortex Club makeover

Wish we could turn back time to the good old days when our mama sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Oh I agree with you. I like how she grows as a person. Before she was quiet but now she can try exploring what to say to people but in the end from that she didn't even need to remind time she knew how to talk to people.

I'm just so into everything she's into and I want to dress like her then I remember I'm a dude Kek. I've never ever wanted to be a female character before this is weird.

That laugh sounded so unlike max too, didn't have her soft raspy (?) voice but quite a womanly sly chuckle.

A lot of things I thought was going to happen didn't in this game. The days go by too quickly and too intense.

I think the only times you can actually be an asshole, or do something objectively wrong, is to Frank.
>Spilling his beans on the floor
>pouring his drink on him
>Getting Pompidou hit by a truck
>Chloe killing him and Pompidou, shooting him in the leg, or leaving him with a blade in his thigh
Poor Frank just can't catch a break.
It is interesting to explore Max's mischievous side where she can mess with people and then undo it, but there is a line and I don't think she would ever intentionally try to harm someone. Even if she could just rewind it.

To be fair, it was hilarious. Schadenfreude is a human reflex, nothing personally assholish about it. The option to spill his beans at all of course is something different. But it's still nothing that makes Max an asshole in my mind. She only does it knowing she would rewind, and if that's all we have to worry about with her... I can think of a lot of worse stuff an "asshole" would have done with her powers, even if we are exclusively talking pranks.

That outfit can very reasonably be translated into male fashion. A pink Jane Doe shirt however... Maybe not.