forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwomercs.com/news/2016/08/1611-machinima-video-creation-contest-at-mechcon
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=276&l=7cc84231819531f6d693e27b7ff996fb8662751b
youtube.com/watch?v=rliykQDsmls
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DEAD
FUCKING
GENERAL

DEAD

DEEEEEAAAAAAAAD!

So I just started playing MWO yesterday and I think its pretty cool. I did the tutorial and played some matches and looked at the guide. I have about 24 million cbills and could use some advice about what mech to buy first.

Time for robots.

4 PPCs on a king crab? why?

The render just has weapons in every hardpoint for modelling purposes.

Urbanmech UM-R60
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=276&l=7cc84231819531f6d693e27b7ff996fb8662751b

Just buy a BLR 1G, 2C, and 3S. They're all on sale.

>stopped grinding for today like 8 hours ago or something
>was at third place at that point
>tfw seeing how many places I've dropped after that

>filename says bouncyAPCs
>APCs don't actually bounce
why would lie to us

bump

Because I got both games to work 100% without cutting corners.

Expectations, though.

If you're gonna call something bouncy APCs in regards to MW3, you have obligations to fulfill.

So it is possible, to spend hundreds or even thousand of dollars and still not qualify for top tier rewards, to do that you have to buy useless collector editions (yes these which give extra warhorns and c-bills boost version of worst variant).

So instead apprectiating customer support PGI tries to squeze these few extra 20$ from people, and when confronted about they refuse to change it saying they do it in certain spirit.

Damn it, while I always thought that some folks were over zealous with their hate of PGI I am starting to sympathize with Vass and other whales.

I just bought a kodiak and feel like I got the top tier reward already.

It's like I'm really reading Outreach.

>doing math on the loyalty hellbringer
>realize you could take 4 machine guns with 6 energy with the new arm omnipods
memes just got dank my man

>4 machine guns with 6 energy with
WOW
IT'S A WORSE NOVA! HEY, AT LEAST IT'S NOT A GARGOYLE, RIGHT GUYS?

rused.

Oh boy a totally pointless build that deprives you of the new powerful RT energy!

that's exactly the point numnuts

it's the perfect meme build for the hellbringer

bump

>when 5 on your team suddenly disconnect at the same time in a little cluster in the basement on HPG

rip

Battlemasters, banshees and maulers are decent and on sale. Otherwise you can just start with an ebon jaguar or timber wolf for a flexible and strong mech.

Which Cataphracts are the best to go for? I'm going to be receiving the loyalty award so I might as well master it.

The 3L is identical to the 1X with the caveat that it may have different quirks and is missing a right lower arm, so that will probably replace it. 3D and 0XP? Or 2X for big laser + SRMs?

Am I right in thinking that the 3L and 1X are best used as laser vomit rather than making use of the ballistic?

0xp isn't completely terrible as a fat ecm hunchback. Don't know about the others.

They're all kind of trash.

>dead general.

Press F to pay respects.

F

How much shame should I be feeling?

youtube.com/watch?v=rliykQDsmls

Eternal.

>Spud talks up his dragon shapeshifting once he hits the right level
>Hes the size of a football

R E K T
E
K
T

Boo

Make MWO great again!

wew

Do you like the newest loyalty robots?

No they're fucking ugly as shit all of them

why do i have to buy 3 robots of the same chassis to progress in the skill tree if im interested in one robot only?

Because outdated terrible game design

well im unistalling this garbage right now
>f2p game
i should have known better yet i downloaded it anyway
serves me as a lesson

Why are there so many shitty assaults?

>didnt read the manual first

>are you murikan?

>assaults

Just answered your own question.

Both people playing their new assaults bought from the discount and everyone trying to farm luckergames for the leaderboards are happening at the same time.

Ripped crab robot, get on and rank up your cyborg assassin,

Why do assaults keep shooting teammates in the back?

There's many possible reasons
>they don't know what they're doing and just bought their first assault mech
>careless teammates are walking in front of assaults while they're shooting
>you need to speedrun ten gorillion damage for good leaderboard rankings so they're desperate to do as much damage as possible and get careless
>assaults are walking in front of eachother to secure more of the score for themselves
Additionally, in some of the shittier assaults it's pretty easy to kill a motherfucker old style if you're zoomed in, because the arm hardpoints are so far away from your cockpit that you can't see if a shorter mech has placed the back of their head against your gun barrel when you weren't looking.

There will be heavy sale and leaderboard at begining of september and you won't get loyality cataphract unill october so you may hold up with buying rest of phracts

Assaults take a bit more skill and self awareness to play than other classes and if someone isn't used to it they will do stupid shit.

But when you do learn the awareness requirement, your assaults suddenly become a "fuck EVERYTHING" tool.

I even get good work out of the Pretty Baby and La Malinche thanks to that requirement.

Does this also applies for LRM assaults?

Well, yes?

You won't get to pump out your missiles if you're being a bitch boy and expecting everyone else to hold those locks, and LRMs are considerably more effective as a mid range supplementary weapon.

If you just lob sticks at near maximum range while a friendly fights your target, you're essentially being an 80+ ton supplementary weapon to them that gets a kill because the game takes pity on you.

>not getting killed by friendly lrms

What assault is good for long range missiles?

Give me one reason why MWO is a better game than mutant epoch.

yes

>>What assault is good for long range missiles?

Awesome 8R is pretty good and the mauler is alright.

Mech Inverse relationships of aesthetics and quality

If you're being serious, and not trying to be le ebin maymay master that is common for these threads, then none do LRM boating well. Direct, instantaneous damage is considerably more efficient for an assault than delayed suppressing damage, and no assault so far has the required 6+ missile hardpoints to spam LRM5's.

10's, 15's and 20's are a waste of tonnage. 10's only efficiently hit big targets and even then most of it's splash to useless components. 15's and 20's miss a large number of their missiles and have the same splash as 10's, so you're wasting ammo and tonnage to shoot the ground.

It's pretty magical.

Why do people keep launching lrms when they keep hitting buildings and hills?

I thought it was sooner, but you're right it is in October. I was asking for what two other Cataphracts to go for in addition to the 3L, not intending to buy three to master it right now.

Most people don't know this but there's actually quite a sizeable cat population in the playerbase, and they have difficulty holding back their attacks when they see a red tag laser.

The elmo and 0xp aren't bad but I wouldn't do cataphracts unless you're out of good mechs to try.

Why do people keep voting for shitty canyon network?

It's a really good map

4you

Compared to most other maps it's good.

The bog of eternal shit and forest colonoscopy are the "I'm voting for these maps because I've got a hack that disables foliage" can't see shit entree, polar memelands and alpine piss are the main course of pure cancer, and river shitty and molten core are the eyerape and broken geometry dessert. Every FP map is the "just let me die f.a.m." sampling plate.
The majority of maps in this game are so terrible that they deserve a food analogy.

>best map

all the maps are great except for therma
I do miss old frozen city though

Viridian Bog is good now

As is River City

>Viridian Bog is good now
Maybe if they delete all the visual clutter shit and random roots that giant death robots can't step over, and fix some of the fucking steps up to the platforms that are still broken.

>As is River City
Maybe they should make the textures not a fucking mess, you couldn't tell the mechs from the rest of the visual vomit even if they were in bright pink and green camos during daytime. And it gets exponentially worse when the map darkens. And the map geometry is complete fucking shit across the entire map, and the buildings have fucked up hitboxes so you're never sure what the fuck you're doing unless the fight is out in the open or at point blank. River shitty is just "shooting at doritos in total darkness while praying your shots don't clip into buildings": The Map.

git fucking gud

stop using a tiny old monitor

Mine is 24 inch

How big is yours?

27 inch 1440p g-synced
Everything is crystal clear

curved?

No other map has the same kind of problem as river city. It's just murky, dirty shit.

Reminding people that we have a match tonight at 9:30 eastern

WHO?

thanks

Once again, pizzadog the cuck can't handle their duties

They are not and never have been a klord

Klord a shit, Warboss a best.

There is no place for a warboss anymore

Good night Mork,
Good night Bork,
Good night warboss but also dork.

Good night mech,
Good night rek,
Good night time before drop deck.

Good night surms,
Good night lurms,
Good night buff elemental herms.

Good night loss,
Good night gauss,
Good night forever our strong warboss.

keep me posted

Epoch Time

Whispers and Greg, please get on.

Keep me bumped.

That's the idea

here is your U

Straight form the forums:

>THAT MEANS EVEN TWO YEARS AGO PGI CONSIDERED THE $40 URBANMECH COLLECTORS PACK AS BEING EQUAL TO THE $240 CLAN WAVE I PACK TO QUALIFY FOR THE TOP TIER PACKAGE REWARDS !!!
>THEY'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT FOR THIS YEAR THREE LOYALTY REWARDS.
>SO STOP COMPLAINING BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO TAKE IT AWAY AND PUNISH THE WHOLE COMMUNITY BECAUSE A FEW SELF-IMPORTANT PRIVILEGED SOULS ON THE FORUMS DECIDED TO BE CRY BABIES.

>two main melee fighters fail their will saves