So ive always wanted to get into motorcycling...

so ive always wanted to get into motorcycling, so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a entry level bike im 6'5 so preferable something ill fit comfortably on

a 650cc dual sport

grom

>650cc dual sport
im not super familiar with bikes but youd say this is a good starter?

80cc 2 stroke installed in a 26 inch bicycle

kek

if anyone's still here i was thinking about getting a magna

Looks for a cruiser, you don't want an uncomfortable crotch rocket. The Honda 750s are pretty solid and cheap. Yamaha V-Stars are also pretty good but I don't have much experience with them

you don't want something too light unless you like having the wind blow you all over the road and dealing with shit traction if you get stuck in the rain

for real for real, those things are fun as fuck
despite their habit of grinding clutch arms and pins down to nubs
and vibrating welds on cheap bikes apart
and catching flat tires every 100 or so miles

they are basically street legal dirt bikes. Very uncomfortable for any ride longer then an hour

do you have recomendations on a cruiser i was thinking a Honda Rebel CMX 250

No magna. Im 5'6 and i felt big on it. Plus, those things are muscle bikes. They dont look like much, but they'll pull you right to hell if you dont know what you're doing.

Dont do a 250, i did that as my 1st bike, and i sold it after 2 months. i was still a pretty new rider when i got an 1100 shadow. Enough power and size to keep you happy for a good long time, but its all easily managed so it wont kill you. The only down side is the 800lbs when you drop it.

what didnt you like about the 250?

SV650, although it depends on your preferences. Buy what you like.

05 rebel was actually my first bike and I absolutely hated it. They ride just fine but they are very quiet and can't go more then about 65mph. Weight was my biggest issue with it as riding in the wind was a real bitch and if something big like a semi passes you he'll push you around a lot. The fuel economy was a big plus tho

I guess it really depends where you plan to ride and how often. If it's just around a city a Rebel would be just fine aside from being quite, unless that's something you actually want. If you plan to go on major highways and long country drives they are pretty shitty, still better then a sport bike tho

I went from the rebel to a Honda 750 Aero and it was really a massive difference and far more enjoyable in every single way. Honestly only reason I had the rebel in the first place was that I was 16 and it was my first bike so I was kinda intimidated by the bigger bikes

well im looking for something i can drive on the highway and something that can hit like 120mph and something i can cruise around town with

Sv650 would be your best bet, most everything you ride will feel a bit smallish though so keep that in mind

You should look at getting a Honda Grom m8

Look for a 750, all of the shadows are good and the Aero is shaft drive so no chain maintenance. Honda has quite a few different models these days but all of them are very reliable

Also if you don't want a shit load of chrome to polish all the time look into the phantom. Most the the usual chrome parts are replaced with matte black. It's also shaft drive too

im im gonna go with the SV650 i really like the look of that bike