Why do people building purpose build track cars buy shit like civics when things like miata and mr2 are in the same...

why do people building purpose build track cars buy shit like civics when things like miata and mr2 are in the same price range
im not saying dd, im saying a pure track race car
i dont get it

Other urls found in this thread:

worldtimeattack.com/index.php/2015-results/
youtube.com/watch?v=0qlVs1uoNX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you dont feel the difference between rwd and fwd with only 180 hp

Things to consider when building a track car:
what class runs full fields at tracks near you
time/effort/money it takes to be competitive in the class
enjoyability of racing the class

It doesn't matter at all how fast or cool something is as a street car, has nothing to do with racing. That said I doubt there's anywhere in the world where a Civic or MR2 is a better option than a Miata for actual competitive racing.

You'd be wrong

If I was I'm sure you would have said where/why there's a fuller field of Civics or MR2s than Miatas

Misguided people. Chill out shill

When a car only weighs 2000lbs and has sport tires it doesn't matter if it's fwd or rwd.
Civics are just a cheap platform to build on.
A gutted ek civic with racing tires and a turbo is gonna preform just as well as a Miata with similar mods.

Why not do miata then

Civic is a Goat entry level racer

Miata has shit suspension, engine, and can easily weigh more
MR2s I dont know wouldnt even consider one and dont know shit about it

I've owned both. Honestly it just depends what you like more. Both are equally fun when properly built.

But o and jalopnik said rwd is champ and miata is always answer

Mr.Two and the miata aren't fun wheel drive and it's a food choice for people who don't care about drifting

Cool, where do you live where full fields of Civics are being fielded in a competitive series?

Rain

why would you take memes seriously

Not a factor
This isn't a thread to argue the practicality of one car over another

These people are just having fun on track day with their vehicles and don't give two fucks about what you Benchracers (basementracers more like it) have to say

literally every racing series where theyre allowed to compete in the USA?

see way more Civics than MR2s and Miatas and they usually do well too

you can drift ff just fine

>These people are just having fun on track day with their vehicles
Let's take a look at OP's post
>im saying a pure track race car
Which is it, just having fun or a purpose build track car? Why would you build a car just to do open track days? Nobody does that

Such as? I don't think you actually race my friend, but I'm sure you'll find another clever way to evade the question.

>Rain is not a factor with RWD on a race track
Found the retard

Im not listing everything they can race in

despite the shit you post I have to assume its all fake and youve never even been to a track before

>arguing with heartbreaker

its a lost cause I know

Why do people like you two offer up advice on something you clearly know absolutely nothing about? Is this something you do in your everyday lives or just anonymously on the internet? Is it a weird fetish or something?

Why do you do the same thing? Why do you raise arguments in every thread you're in ?
You're wrong, accept it already

You constantly shit post. You have a heightened sense of self worth because youre an attention whore who put words into the name field. I track 2 cars every fucking weekend, I know what the fuck I'm talking about. Maybe you have never driven anything over 250hp on the track, or maybe you are literally this dumb, but you are wrong. RWD is a huge headache in wet conditions

>where in the world are more Civics fielded than Miatas
>I can't say where but you're wrong
Are you going to post in circles or come up with some tangible reason anyone on earth would have a better time racing a Civic than a Miata?

Your post didn't even dignify a response, in every single actual competitive racing class you are racing against other people with the same drivetrain layout as you, there is no "headache" every racer has the same issues to contend with. If RWD is a problem in the wet for you it's going to be a problem in the dry as well.

What on earth is wrong with you?

If you're going to race why not go with a real racecar? By that I mean one with no roof or fenders. You can go a hell of a lot faster for the money you spend and they're really nice to work on since everything was designed with the express purpose of going fast and being taken apart all the time in mind. Sports cars will always be a compromise, something designed for the street that has been repurposed. I get why people like spec miata from a pure field size perspective but they just don't tickle my nether regions the way a proper racecar does.

Hardparking your shitvic doesn't count as going to a track, faggot.

how about you post pics corey

forza doesn't count

Civics can be made fast cheaply and fwd is ez?

It is because civics are produced in millions and so are the parts and aftermarket shti, nobody is bothering making aything for the miatas, cause they're just not popular and everything has to be handmade or produced specifically for these shitboxes, moreover the miata is a convertible which makes it pretty much useless for racing cause the chassis can't handle power or anything

"miata is best racecar" is a really dumb meme parroted by idiots.

integra's and civics reliably blow miatas out of the water to the point where the type R variants had to be banned and EVEN THEN the si variants still destroy miatas.

how does anyone look at something like this and with a straight face claim miatas are actually good cars.

RWd is better.
13B tt miata beats any civic

buyers remorse is a helluva feeling I guess

think most Miatafags suffer from it

>make a massive sacrifice just for RWD
>cars that are more practical are still doing better
>miata is rattling and banging all the time

I know many people who hate convertible but got the miata for cheap RWD.

These people honestly think the Miata is the most fun,best car in the price range.
You can have fun in any car, I'd argue a civic is more fun and can handle better.

Honestly.
I have fun in my slushbox corolla, it's all about what you do in it.
Just because it's FWD doesn't mean it's fun.

HELLO?

FWD = FUN WHEEL DRIVE

>I doubt there's anywhere in the world where a Civic or MR2 is a better option than a Miata for actual competitive racing.
Miata chassis' are floppy as all fuck though.

Why don't people understand that what makes a good race car has nothing to do with what it's like as a street car? If there were massive fields of 90s Chrysler Town and Countries all across the US and the ruleset allowed for very closely built cars on a reasonable budget (like Spec Miata) then Chrysler Town and Countries would make great race cars. Then you have an awesome car with all the best racing tech like a BAC Mono, but no class to race in and nobody can work on it, it's a shitty race car, even though it's a monstrous car on the track.

more like faggy white dicks lmfao

a.k.a. your ride

worldtimeattack.com/index.php/2015-results/

Because civics are amazing.

I don't think you understand what the issue is here. Cars like Miatas and E30s make awesome track cars because you can easily and cheaply build them to spec and race competitively. This is hands down the best way to become a good track driver.

Miatas are also kings of pretty much any autocross event, another high fun:dollar kind of driving that is great for improving your skills

Now if only they made a fucking coupe version of the miata, I would buy one. I fucking hate convertibles.

are you saying you'd honestly buy a base civic over na miata

B16 civic isn't a base civic. But still a SOHC civic is probably a better car than a miata.

its cheaper to engine swap and tune the civic than a miata
honda parts are literal legos
>the base 6th gen civic hatch is better than na miata
haha what?
really? buy a civic for the same money as miata? enn oohh

I can guarantee you a stock Civic SiR EK will obliterate any miata up to NC generation. Then if you can find a Type R... well, let's just say it's not even a comparison at that point. But this doesn't even matter, the MR-S is better than both and has higher potential.

>I can guarantee you a stock Civic SiR EK will obliterate any miata up to NC generation.
Well it had better, because you'll pay 3x as much for a halfway decent Si-R EK as you will for a clean miata

What racing body are you referring to where stock Miatas, Hondas, and MR-S's race side by side? Why are the other cars bothering to enter the field if they are getting obliterated?

I just want to know if I should buy this 6th generation Honda Civic that's 3000 dollars (probably can lower it) over a 3000 dollar Miata NA.
Pretty sure it's the base model , its a hatch.

post a link

for 3k it better have some work done to it

Miatas are garbage so its not hard to be better

Its completely stock, pretty sure its just 3500 inflated because every other Civic is completely fucked.

You can't buy a good car for less than 2500 here

Best I can do is make guesses based on stats and there's some stock side by side racing in best motoring battles.
Like this video for example youtube.com/watch?v=0qlVs1uoNX0

FWD owner is drinking piss as usual

>civic being BTFO

By some rare ass one-off model that you will only encounter in gran turismo

Vtec club usa

so bullshit bench racing comparisons using models that weren't even sold in the USA being driven by professional drivers who have 100 times the experience and skill you do in a entertainment show (where mind you they're not racing competitively and using their full skill/talent to show off for the audience)

why not just get the one you like and that's it end of story

this /v/-tier bullshit is getting old, i regret help starting 2 years ago

by a stock ass mx5
the supreme civic type r
haha what a joke