How do you fking afford a car?

new s/h. car 65,000. 2005 model.

9.2K + 700 shipping + 800 insurance + rego 800 + road ass. 130 + maintainence.

HOw do you afford a car?

its simple i dont own a car.

1.5 mile walk to and from the train station mon-friday. it takes me about a half an hour.

Im saving to buy a used car off of craigslist though

I don't want to buy a car but sociatal pressure me to own a flash car. wat do.

I rather spend the coin on a uber ride

>sociatal pressure me to own a flash car. wat do.
If "societal" pressure was a thing, you'd know how to spell by now. I'd try not being a fag, though "societal" might pressure you really hard to suck his fat cock.

I provide services for a company, who in turn compensates me for my time by giving me currency, which I exchange for goods and services, such as a car and insurance.

yeah, buy a supra or be less cool

I live with my parents and have three cars.

In America you just find some faggot on CL and give him 2k for his shitbox, call insurance give em $300 for the year, and title then take the title down to the title place and they give you a new one for $50 in your name. The End.

>how do you fking afford a car?

We worked hard as students to increase the chance of either having more opportunity in being entrepreneurs or in getting employment.

While the ever widening gap between the rich and poor means fewer opportunities exist for the people competing to get one of those spots, that doesn't mean you can't still be lucky in your lifetime. So keep trying to improve yourself AND keep an eye out for opportunities. If you let opportunities go by, then that is what you have done. You've lost that chance to move up and have to hope more chances come before you get too old.

The future for unskilled labor is only going to get much worse. That's because we are on the cusp of yet another revolution. We saw how the PC revolutionized business productivity and of course it killed off a lot of jobs just as it created some new ones. But overall, it decreased the number of lower-skilled jobs. The robot revolution is coming in the next five years, and that will further decrease a lot of repetitive tasks even if those tasks require sophisticated decision making or dexterity.

The fact of the matter OP is that in America the vast majority of people can't afford their car.
They throw hundreds of dollars every month at a revolving door of new models that they're perpetually underwater on.

pretty much the same in england, apart from the car is a 1/4 the price but insureance is 3x the price

>Buy car 1600
>Register 100
>insurance $600/yr
>maintenance $300/yr

See how old cars take more maintenance but cost less than outright cost of a newer car.

Get a shitbox. Learn to wrench. Stop being a faggot.

And that $350/yr is an overestimate. Your car would be so nice with that x.x

>how do you afford a car

Because I buy what I can afford. $500 for the car, $600 a year for insurance, and $20 a week in gas.

learn to maintain a vehicle, purchase used vehicle or get free broken one.

Iv bought several $100 cars that were quick easy fixes. Iv been given 3 cars free now, 2 non running one poorly running. fixed them each time for free - $100 max to get running. iv never had one catastrophic break down on my used cars, only regular maintenance items. usually get 2+ years per vehicle before selling them for a small profit

holy shit, are you me?

what the fuck was wrong where you only needed $100 in parts? spark plugs? Or did you go to the junkyard for everything?

i dont just own a car i own 2 cars currently

my work gave me one for free to use whenever i want

and my work pays me so i bought a really really nice car that i dont really plan on driving until its fully paid off

i also dont pay for a cell phone (work provided)

i only pay rent, cable, and electric

and insurance if i decide to drive my not work car any given month (when the registration is taken care of, that is)

current daily 2000 mazda 626
1400 euros for the shitbox itself
70 euros yearly tax
23 euros for techincal inspection
120 euros a year for basic insurance
30 euros per month for fuel at 800km due to muh LPG and i know a guy who sells dat lpg cheap

is alright, but since my new job is close enough that i can cycle to it, maybe even go full crazy and go cycle in the winter, i dont need a cheap daily car. will probably sell this one for about 1200 when i get a fresh inspection sticker and buy an immaculate E46 328 coupe for 4200 euros from my mechanics aqquatance. will use for the occasional drive to somewhere twice or once a week and keep on throwing money at my E30.

kek same

Everyone should be able to buy a shitbox for 300
Shitboxes usually have good mpg and last forever unless you buy something american

If I would use the public transport I'd have to pay a shit ton more to get to work and back then using my car.
Thus im saving money for something greater

>get job
>save up money
>look at cars you can actually afford to purchase and maintain and insure
>go shopping but do not rush
>find a car, try to jew down the seller by a couple hundred
>purchase car
>get it registered and insured
>continue shitposting on Veeky Forums

Why is insurance so expensive? Is that for full coverage?

This is how:
>Buy car for £8k cash in 2011. It's a used Lotus elise.

>Insurance is £1200 a year.
>Servicing A/B/C is usually about £220 a year.

It's pretty affordable.

It's not particularly difficult to afford a car that isn't brand new.

Is your really nice car another TC?

Oh and I'm 26.

MIRIN'

Great choice!

>tfw all used Lotus Elise 10yr old or newer are at least $30k here

You fuckers across the pond have some amazing deals on cool cars. Of course, we can find used used American V8 muscle/pony cars for pretty cheap over here so I guess that's just how things go.

>how do you fking afford a car?

>be in mid-20's
>make decent money
>don't blow money on stupid shit and actually save some of it
>buy used cars in the $8k-$12k range with cash

It's not all that hard but it requires you to occasionally get off Veeky Forums, leave your house, and do some work.

>get off Veeky Forums
>leave your house

>not all that hard

But why would someone want a car if they were never going to leave their house?

Post scarcity economy.

I go to the dealer and get a used corolla

Then I pay off the $3000 loan in two months flat and my insurance goes down to roughly $100/mo. Registration is part of the price. Maintenance is fucking cheap because corolla.

Work at a spic job. Your employer will be too jewish to upgrade equipment and pay for more training for the maintenance crew.