Worth the buy Veeky Forums? Clean title coming in Tuesday he says. Got him at 3300 dollars. What do you guys think?

Worth the buy Veeky Forums? Clean title coming in Tuesday he says. Got him at 3300 dollars. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/5606732212.html
dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/5578575453.html
camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/does-anyone-have-stock-lt1-camaro-t-dyno-numbers-630616/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like it was in a crash op...tred carefully

why would you want this

Fast

string evidence of a front end collision and airbag deployment. I wouldn't show you this ad if you were my friend desu

... eh lt1 is the fastest your going to get for that price. Fast..no..

OP my dear friend, dont fucking buy this pile of shit.

I'd say ~3400lbs and 300whp is pretty quick.

Plus the skies the limit with SBC's.

Why?

Lt1 not ls1, lt1 clocked in at 275bhp, if you're lucky with the gm system you'll see 240whp

What is your price limit op?

Buy it it will work perfectly lol

The ad said it had an SLP intake and TB as well as LT's.

That's easily 300whp in an LT1. Even higher if he chose to just find a junkyard LT4 hot cam

But it was in s crash probably

Guy said the fromt was just scruffed up a bit

REBUILT TITLE
E
B
U
I
L
T

T
I
T
L
E

How can he get a clean title then?

>crash with a post or other non car object
>dont report it and just fix it

also that car is ugly as fuck and will make you look like lowbred white trash

So painting it black won't fix it?

Former f body guy. I would walk, personally. Did I miss how many miles it has? For reference I paid 3800 for my lt1 (120k miles) Camaro 4 years ago. $5500 for my ls1 after that That front end makes you question a lot. And factor in another $500 easily to paint.

>white trash
Not if he fixes it up right op.

Firebird=camaro>walking

No matter how clean they are, they will always look white trash. But
>caring what others think

this is bait right? The answer you're looking for is no

How can you tell?

>12 bolt rear
>seller lives in trailer park
>entire front end has been replaced which you would not do from scuffed front
I personally would buy and drive the shit out of it as long as it was repaired properly. But a 3k car is throw away territory so I wouldn't care about resale. Looks like it has somenice upgrades, especially the rear end if the seller is telling the truth, although the part about it not being in a wreck would mean I'd be all over every inch looking for messed up repair work since obviously not 100%.

You could probably get $1800 in the T56 and rear if the car turned out to be a shitshow later on.

thats the ugliest white trash shitbox ive seen in a while

itll probably fall apart and I would avoid it

>new fenders and bumper cover and headlight lids
>used hood from junkyard poorly installed
>interior shot shows driver and passenger airbag covers slightly off kilter

Not to mention this. Please don't buy it, wait for something cleaner at the same price come along or save up like 2g more and get an ls1 f body.

Im an absolute noob when it comes to cars, but Id love my first car to be a Ford mustang 76 preferably.

Do you guys think its worth a buy if its for daily use or a really shitty idea that will cost me a lot?

>98 + models

better start learning how to fix cars

it's a really shitty idea.

why in god's name would you want a mustang ii for your first car? those were dark times for american cars, and the mustang ii (1974-1978) was no exception.

also they're related to the pinto, so they might explode upon rear-end collision. i might be way off base with that, though.

>used hood from junkyard poorly installed
The hood matches.
>interior shot shows driver and passenger airbag covers slightly off kilter
That's just how those come from the factory.

>hurr there are never any front end collisions where da bags of air don't explode in yo face

>Not to mention this.
>Clean title coming in Tuesday he says.
>How can he get a clean title then?

Clean title means nothing, the car was definitely in a collision, it's common and not a dealbreaker to anyone who wrenches. If it was done right it's no biggie. It's a 3k car anyway.

arf ok

I dunno, its the whole design that really makes me like it.
In my opinion todays cars are more and more alike, they all have the same designs ( at an affordable budget) no matter the brand

lets say its more like a foolish youth dream

otherwise I can just get a Honda civic and be sad all my life

Lmao no , don't delude yourself bro, you're not gonna see real gains in a lt1. If you want a real v8 buy the ls1

what do y'all think? more pricey than it should be, imo (at least, according to kbb).
dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/5606732212.html
it'd be my first car. i'm a college student with a steady job. only issue about it for me is the premium gas, given the info present on the post.

Wow, are you just b8ing or do you actually believe this?

1owner LS400 w/ 82k miles. I'd buy that and I'm not even a weeb.

You need all bolt ons and a tune to break 280whp, the lt1 isn't a ls1 don't pretend it is

at that mileage it probably hasnt had the timing belt change and is gonna need it in about 10k miles so keep that expense in mind. I would consider this one instead
dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/5578575453.html

>salvage title

good point i didnt notice that

It isn't slow or mod unfriendly, don't pretend that it is.

Gotta watch that, Dallas craigslist is full of salvage title vehicles.

>Clean title means nothing
Except that it's not a rebuilt title like was being implied.

camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/does-anyone-have-stock-lt1-camaro-t-dyno-numbers-630616/

Well it sounds like you've talked yourself into it based on this thread. Enjoy that regret a year and a half from now.

This, seriously.

People always come here asking for buying advice and never fucking listen, then come back in a year bitching about how shitty of a car it is.