First car

What does Veeky Forums think of my first car it was 1800$ 132k miles clean title just passed smog but the transmission shifts a bit hard from P to DRIVE
Supercharged v6 Pontiac GTP 1998

Is that normal for the trans to jerk that way when I shift from park to drive on this type of car?

no its not. buy a manual its 2016 kid

I don't like stick for city driving to much stop and go gets annoying with stick

You got the gtp.
Good job!
Check the motor mounts.

>2016
>5 speed

enjoy your power restrictions from your automatic cuck fag

>I don't like stick for city driving to much stop and go gets annoying with stick

cry fucking harder oh my god.
enjoy your fucked up transmission kiddo

These here right

That's what you get for buying a auto shitbox. I want to sell my 2011 Mitsubishi Galant because it's having tranny problems for a manual Chevy Colorado

White trash starter kit. No redeeming qualities, slow, heavy, ugly, not reliable, can't turn, interior from the scrap yard. There's no reason why anyone would buy one

>enjoy your power restrictions from your automatic cuck fag

Who said anything about automatic?

Not really. It's indicative of increased internal line pressure which the PCM uses to compensate for slip or excess shift times. Usually shows a P1870 code. Or get into the data and anything in excess of a .67 second shift time will do it. FWIW a .25 second shift time is normal

>mfw went to buy an si the day i got 5 speed civic
>sorry user we sold the last one 2 hours ago
and from that day forward they sold out across north america

I thought it was only the motor mounts when you get hard shifts at low revs?

>tfw no car ever for 1800$ with a clean title, driveable, with a decent 6 speed manual.

This was my last purchase 142k miles but didn't pass smog and couldn't pass illegally caused failed 3 times same year

you get hard shifts when your transmission fluid has no detergents or additives left. i,e black fluid. also when its low

let me buy it off you im in norcal i can get that bitch to pass. did you even try to help its smog issue?

>power restrictions

w-what?

my automatic trans has no driving aids under full throttle. only reduces wheel torque (pulls timing) during shifts to save the trans and under light throttle

>LS1/4l60e

Also when going from park to drive. Have somebody eyeball the engine while you put it into drive. It's not supposed to move very much at all when you put it in gear. If it does, motor mounts.

I'm sure the piston rings are bad motor seems a bit slugging they might've messed with odometer and put a whole new one not original

>only reduces wheel torque (pulls timing) during shifts to save the trans and under light throttle
tis shit right here.
you cant redline an automatic unless in N i can control my power band and squeeze every ounce of torque and horsepower in each gear. that is why manuals are better than automatics

Thank you sir

noice. Love me some GTP

or just hold the brake down and accelerate in D thats a good way too
so you didnt help its smog issue ?

Sell it to a nigger and you probably could get your money back and buy something better

I did I sold it I bought it for 1600$ sold for 1900 to a college kid that had got his financial aid I really wanted an integra or a prelude tho :(

No integra was junk trust me white smoke on start up no overheating signs of a worn out motor on the end of its life

>you can't redline an automatic

misinformation much

my auto trans slips at full throttle in going into 3rd gear, it bangs the fucking limiter at like 6200. i have to go 90% throttle for a smooth shift

this is because its 174k miles of abuse in a V8 rwd car with wide tires. when i rebuild the trans it won't bang. just shift at redline without interruption of power

>squeeze every ounce of torque

you squeeze every ounce of cum out of your dads dick. meanwhile i'm getting head in a v8 muscle car

but muh auto

its better fag

i used to have an automatic 94 integra
it was my shelter when i was homeless that car was my everything.
had it for 3 years from 19 to 22 (now) it was my second car i ever bought with my own money
bought it at 136k miles for 1600$
sold it for 500$ at 195k becuase it had too many problems too address.

have a funny story when it came to buying it if anyone wants to hear it.

>my auto trans slips at full throttle in going into 3rd gear, it bangs the fucking limiter at like 6200. i have to go 90% throttle for a smooth shift

>you squeeze every ounce of cum out of your dads dick. meanwhile i'm getting head in a v8 muscle car

but muh auto

its better fag

literally get the fuck out.

its like 300rwhp. less than 5 to 60mph

faster than what you drive.

and 4l60e trans are known to burn out the 3-4 clutch pack. its an easy fix

What do u drive now I'm the same age
>22

hey op, check underneath your ground effects to make sure the entire underbody ain't rusted out, i had a 97 grandprix that completely rotted out down there

>4l60e trans are known to burn out the 3-4 clutch pack. its an easy fix
>last 3 replys were saying automatic was better

this is bait.

i have gotten my dick sucked while driving stick fag.
you could say she slobbed both my nobs

2015 honda civic 5 speed
before that was my auto integra
and before that was my auto dodge dakota.

all were bought at 18 making 8$ an hour with no help. now i work at honda and drive a honda. make fun of me if you wish

I'll check but car seems so mint just that hard shifting did ur Grand Prix do that? Maybe that's how this transmission was built?

Worn engine mounts

i had an se, so completely different engine. not sure if the tranny is any different tho. mine shifted pretty smoothly tho

Yeah this, seriously OP you fucked up, they are straight up shit

Drives like a champ shifts like butter 240 hp stock cold ac just put a k&n filter in the stock air box nice sunroof I'm sure it'll take out ur pos and for 1800$ oh boy am I a lucky ass

this is bait

My first car was a neon acr, still better than your piece of shit

Doubt it sorry faggot

Beefy

>beefy
>power still restricted by an automatic trans mission

And this was 10 years ago, you chose a complete shit car

wonder if all of these auto haters have very comfy seats on the buses they ride

What would you have picked for 1800? Obviously an import but all the import Honda.nissan.acura, have been buttfucked by every single little ricer stick shift faggot around here my market offers 0 cherry imports this domestic Pontiac has one of wards top ten best engines ever made 3800 series 2

you sure do type like some sort of white trash who lives with his dad and 60 year old aunt

>buttfucked by every single little ricer stick shift faggot

>said earlier he hates driving stick in city

you cant drive stick at all can you?

Yeah I can throw it in first hit clutch to firewall start the car slowly let go of the clutch give it a lil gas so I won't bog out and shift around 3000 Rpms

Lol you are just using manual as a crutch and you know it. I want another manual so I can downshift and pick gear in corners, not for acceleration. Auto is superior in drag racing. Not every auto is a slushbox. With higher line pressure and modified valve bodies and a torque converter autos kick like a Mule and seamlessly apply full power at launch. This car is heavy and fwd, it has a supercharged 3.8. A manual would barely improve anything stat wise if at all

what.
>hit clutch against firewall
same fag.

Two completely different people. You can tell by the way we are talking dumbass. You can't even comprehend a thing I said. What do you even drive? Mr. Unrestricted power

Retard

You don't even have a car do you?

(You)

Ayyyyy

Not a GTP but I still love it.
99,500 miles currently, 83K when I first got it.

Clean bro.