What's a good first manual car?

What's a good first manual car?

I was thinking a 9th gen Civic Si.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yaFNVt8jBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the fuck. a 9th gen si as a first car?
no you get a 1990 civic for a first manual car

It would be the first car I could actually buy relatively new. I've been saving up.

I'm not a poorfag busrider like most of Veeky Forums

you might grind from not being used to a short throw shifter also stiff clutch pedal

>stiff clutch
Naw man the clutch is pretty soft. Really soft actually.
Grinding is inevitable for new manual drivers.

For a first manual car I would recommend something cheap. I learned on a $1500 Miata. I own a 9th gen Si now though, and I don't see why it wouldn't make a good first. It would just suck to mess up and ruin a new car.

ef fag here
>recommending an 85-91 Honda un-ironically

u wot m8

You'll be fine. My first manual was an 02 WRX.

meant too responsive. i drive these things nearily everyday.
>hondafag employee here

9th gens are shit, get an 8th gen.

im confused at your reply

Buy a Fiesta ST instead. You'll thank me later.

>someone who wants a maintenance free reliable car

>25 year old canadian honda

mine is in the garage more than its driven as of late. and its a really nice example

im still confused OP was talking about a first manual car

>Grinding is inevitable
Wut
Stalling, yea, but grinding gears? I never grinded a gear, not even once.

Oliver?

i drive pic related its my first manual car and i have grinded it probably atleast 10 times since i owned it.
>test drove it with not alot of manual experience
>salesman was teaching me along the way. didnt stall or grind once on test drive.
>drove car for 6 months before stalling once and grinding once

Well aren't you cool.

Man you're retarded, this board needs to stop shitting on civics so much

because i think a 25 year old shitbox is a better first car until he transitions? why not learn the difference between electronic hydralic clutch versus dinosaur cable clutch? a 9th gen si isnt a practical first car in my opinion

.. Is that an EX with Vtec stickers...

no lx with vtec stickers
\the ex has a sunroof leather seats lane watch fog lights and 6 inch moniter in center console i have the base

>DOHC sticker
>EX has 1.8 SOHC

it says I-VTEC
SOHC

why not? it has I-VTEC and is a single cam.

>people butt pained at my stickers people think it says DOHC like the si's

lel

as long as you are not considering cars with some sort of aftermarket racing clutch it makes absolutely zero difference

You obviously put the sticker on to look like an Si though.

no i didnt.

Okay but you have to realize everyone who looks at you is thinking "Oh look there's an Si. Oh wait.. Wtf that's not an Si! HAHAHA"
Sorry but it's the truth.

people have got to be retarded as fuck to not be able to tell the difference between a base 9th gen versus a a 9th gen si that has a complete different body kit. grill. 18 inch alloy wheels 6speed knob. leather seats. si seats. 6 inch in dash monitor.
i dont care what people think about me or my car

>LX
Pathetic

You obviously wanted a faster car, for the price of a 9th gen LX you couldve gotten a low miles 08 TL-S 6mt and had a car that could shit on any gen Si by a bus length-with leather nav and backup camera. You kinda fucked up

Actually all civics are forgiving to first time drivers. They have one of the easiest clutches I've ever opperated

Look out Veeky Forums, boi is rollin on some sick 15" hubcaps!

Get whatever you want just make sure to watch some youtube tutorials so you can keep the damage at a minimum

STAND UP

Best looking civic ever made and a true instant classic.

>I own this car therefore I'm biased and believe it's the best looking

Damn man, at least he ain't gonna buy a Ferrari as his first car like the chinks in Vancouver. Its just a Honda.

But that's a new car.

I-I have an EX Coupe with Si side skirts (bought it like that), like pic related. There's no stickers and the EX badge is on the back. D-do you think people laugh at me?

Yes, anyone who drives a modified Civic that isn't an Si is laughed at.

No, this is acceptable. At first glance all people see is the sticker.

Why they make a kraftworks makes supercharger for the 1.8 now thatd $moke a stock si

2002-2005 civic si

Because Cte makes a supercharger for the Si's 2.4l. 330whp running 10lbs of boost.

Anyone who drives a modified Civic that is an Si is laughed at.

C5

youtube.com/watch?v=4yaFNVt8jBU
Pleb.