/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Image limit reached edition
Previous sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

=====

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

=====

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X

>Example of non-welcome games
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I9xkxwSwJBs
youtube.com/watch?v=WPMDCJrRpT8
aw.my.com/us/news/general/vehicles-focus-t-14-armata
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=clLvMRMrhbo
youtu.be/tRtKFTErdCk?t=249
youtube.com/watch?v=iS00wOAZNxg
youtube.com/watch?v=QgjFX8z0e8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=I9xkxwSwJBs

This is literally the greatest aviation video I've ever seen.

My slav nuts are literally quaking. Doesn't get much better than this.

Holy shit this is good.

Great video, tovarisch.

#
I never understood that one myself.
Everyone only flies the FC3 version of Mig-29 and the SU and is all like
>OMG DCS IS SO REALSTIK JUS LAIK FLYAN THE REAL THANGG
I mean I don't care what you fly but at least admit that the russian planes that are being flown take less skill than war thunder.

bait

you need to step up your bait game senpai

>this is unironically Russia's next MBT

nigga why

I mean it's kind of neat that it has an unmanned turret, but it's so fucking tall and it has angles on the turret face that would be weakened in a hull down position (and it looks like the Ruskies still haven't gotten past the no gun depression meme)

>2:21
is that footage of an F-15?

Speaking of angles on turret faces, what the fuck is up with the turrets on all Leopard 2s starting with the A5 model? Wouldn't that wedge on the front serve as something of a shot trap?

And it extends so fucking far out I'm surprised we don't hear of more headless German tank drivers

>Russians
>Hull down

Write an angry letter to uralzavod, and tell them how you know better.

are shot traps even all that relevant still to modern MBTs?

I'd never really considered Russian armored doctrine, yeah. What even is their strategy nowadays? I assume we're beyond the whole Fulda Gap Rush with thousands of shitty but expendable tanks thing.

And shit like pic related shows that ultimately even a sound tank design can be foiled by a shitty crew.

The MiG-25PD was the latest version of the MiG-25 as an interceptor.

After a long night of research, we have finally figured out where the SPO was in the PD.

As you can see in this image, there is no SPO at all. We looked through every picture of the cockpit you could find. (The missing instrument is a clock)

There were cockpits that did have the SPO-10, even some with an SPO-15, but none of those had radar scopes. And because the MiG-25 has no hud, it means they are not interceptor variants. Most of them were R's and RB's.

Then there are the cockpits with a radar scope, but no SPO's to be seen.
How was it possible that the interceptor variants of the MiG-25 had no RWR at all??????

(1/2)

I'd say their doctrine is still pretty much the same, but now supported by more artillery and better protected tanks that can take hits.

And sitting still on the modern battlefield is a one way trip to a burning tin can, i mean just look at syria.

(2/2)

The answer? This fucking image right here.

This might be the rarest fucking image on the internet.

The SPO-10 was literally bolted to the side of the cockpit.

Finally, the answer to "Are the Soviets dumb enough to not give their interceptors any sort of RWR at all?" is not quite. They were smart enough to bolt it on last second.

TL;DR MiG-25 FUCKING WHEN??????????

The mig-25s """""""""HUD"""""" is attached from the top of the cockpit strut and hangs upside down.

Not really. A good battle position can give monstrous tactical advantages if leveraged properly- and one aspect of a good BP is the ability to go hull down within it and retain ability to fire at the enemy.

Modern tanks are too accurate to simply outrun their gunners, every modern MBT has a lead-computing FCS

>Modern tanks are too accurate to simply outrun their gunners, every modern MBT has a lead-computing FCS

And your point is?
A moving target will still be harder to hit then a stationary one, and the biggest threat to modern tanks is from ATGMs, which aren't that good at hitting moving tanks as they roll past houses and go up and down with the terrain.

A moving target has to maintain sightlines to the enemy to be able to shoot it, which means it's likely exposing itself quite a bit. Movement will also draw more attention to it, reducing the likelihood that it will get a shot off without being seen.

Going hull down covers all but the tank's best armor and severely reduces the tank's silhouette. Even better, if a tank is positioned so that it is completely hidden in a turret-down attitude so that the commander can still scan from the cupola but keep the tank hidden, he can find a target, drive the tank forward into a hull-down position for just long enough to fire on a target, then return to the turret-down position and relocate.

Just sayin', the ability to go hull-down is very important.

>Finally, the answer to "Are the Soviets dumb enough to not give their interceptors any sort of RWR at all?" is not quite. They were smart enough to bolt it on last second.

Yeah, i getcha.

But then why can't he armata hull down?

It's about as tall as an Abrams, maybe slightly more, but only because of the cameras, the turret is unmanned, reducing the risk of crew getting hurt, and the gun has a bigger traverse range than previous Russian tanks because of the bigger turret.

youtube.com/watch?v=WPMDCJrRpT8

It can, but Russian tanks are notorious for having shit gun depression (as in, travel under the horizon line). The Armata looks to be similar- the turret is mounted quite far back on the tank and the gun is quite low on the turret, meaning it will hit the front of the hull fairly early.

Compare to the Abrams with a more centrally-mounted turret and a gun mounted slightly higher on that turret.

Of course this is purely conjecture, the Armata may have stellar gun depression for all I know.

>The Armata has a fucking radar
>The actual external shape of the turret is mostly just a cover to lower its RCS

stealth meme is becoming so prevalent even tanks are getting in on it

They likely had to deal with the gun position, because the design required all the crew to be in the hull, and you wouldn't exactly put the crew behind the turret.

aw.my.com/us/news/general/vehicles-focus-t-14-armata
If this shit is to be trusted, it says +14/-7
And the abrams has -10, so not as good but i guess in desging they also said "BLYA turret is unmanned we can deal with a bit of loss in gun depression.

Why do you play DCS? no bait
I like it for the AESTHETIC, despite it being a frustrating game.

There is legitimately no better game for helicopters

I mean sure plenty of games have better ground damage modelling and more interesting vehicle selection but DCS has the best flight modelling for helos of any game I've ever played

>When you are trying to learn how to fly a tu-22m3, but the instructor is having none of your shit

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=clLvMRMrhbo

>Russians after a successful sortie
youtu.be/tRtKFTErdCk?t=249

go to 4:10 forgot linking to a certain time doesn't work on Veeky Forums

>simg - russian circlejerk

This slavaboo shit is really starting to disgust me. I had no quarrel with you faggots in the past, but literally EVERY post in this thread is about a Russian plane.

The MiG-25 is a fucking ghetto plane.

baiting doesn't work if you can literally just scroll up to see it's false

The mig-25 is literally a fast mig-21, who would've thought?

navy seals movie night when?
youtube.com/watch?v=iS00wOAZNxg

Here are some tea planes to offset the slavaboos.

Rest in piece, Jaguar sama

Sepecat Jaguar when?

Just a heads-up lads, Steel Beasts is selling time-limited licenses again it seems

Still wish they'd come down a bit on their unlimited licenses, especially considering you have to buy upgrades every major version, but w/e I guess there aren't any other tanksims worth a damn with modern tanks anymore

>if i call dissenting opinions bait i will win the argument
Why are there no bms ops anymore? Is it because you retarded kids can only fly your shitty FC3 planes?

ITT

A bunch of neet neckbeards telling world powers why their modern tank design is wrong

No helicopters.
Only f-16s.

How good is the Universal Visiblity mod when it comes to spotting ground targets? I could find a Leopard 1a3 in the middile of the field with the su-25's Mercury pod on

F-16 is a good ass aircraft though

And here we see the retard bring it full circle. /simg/ shitposting is back to retarded BMS elitists shit talking DCS for seemingly no good reason.

kys

to each their own, I hate FBW aircraft, it's the reason I got rid of the Mirage, you just can't 'feel' the aircraft as well.

You are not claiming DCS takes more skill than BMS are you? You baka.

OKAY BEFORE THIS GETS OUT OF HAND AGAIN:

>DCS
Made by a business that depends on money. Therefore everything is piss easy so kids can buy modules with their moms credit card and have fun in peeveepee.

BMS
Not a business. Made for autists who enjoy flying.

There we go.

I can understand him shittalking FC3 honestly. Your post is a case of 'he doesn't like what I like'
The F-16 IS factually a more in depth and complicated aircraft then anything we have in DCS at the moment, so of course it's going to be harder then anything DCS has to offer. Also, the BMS multiplayer community has the best pilots virtual simulation has to offer, so there's that.

DCS F-16 would be easier than BMS, BMS has AIDS

>bms ops happened yesterday and the day before yesterday
>taking the bait

xopoшo!

Fun fact, that image is not from a MiG-25PD, it's from a MiG-23M or ML like pic related. I've never seen an image of a 25 cockpit with the SPO-10. The Soviets didn't seem to think it needed one given it's role.

I read accounts of export models and a handful of late model MiG-25PDs from 1983 having ECM & SPO-15 installed but I've never seen a picture.

>I can understand him shittalking FC3 honestly. Your post is a case of 'he doesn't like what I like'

>Not liking what i don't like
>But not liking what i like is not ok

Wew lad.

Also BMS changes the sensitivity of the aircraft to joystick inputs when refueling to make it easier, also doesn't have damage modeling, also f-16 only.

Was it announced here? I haven't seen bms ops being announced anywhere.

>Also BMS changes the sensitivity of the aircraft to joystick inputs when refueling to make it easier
Literal lies.

Where's the radar on that thing?

>Not liking what i don't like
>But not liking what i like is not ok
I noticed that as well, but I don't want to give him any (you)s
Fucking retarded bait poster cant even keep his bait straight.

What a nice argument you have here, oh no wait it is just a load of shit.
This is why no one takes DCS fags serious.

Of course it would be easier. The whole point of dcs is to be easy so people think they are hot shit.
Just look at the people in this thread
>waow dood that kill was amazing my ballz are so round right now
>we da pvp kangz in our realstic fc3 plenes

>implying we would want you in bms ops after throwing your toys in the thread
no thanks

Radar on the MiG-23ML and onwards was projected on the HUD ala MiG-29.

It would be a realistic recreation of the plane not fucking final fantasy 7 with laser guided bombs

>My plane is more realistic than your plane.

cancer.

who's flying?

>DCS is more realistic because MUH SEKRIT DOKUMENTS )))
Jesus you can't honestly be this fucking dense can you?

i can

Scratch that, ALL MiG-23s M and onwards had the radar & IRST on the HUD.

The only that didn't was the MiG-23S which was a shitty pre-production variant with MiG-21 avionics.

I still think its unbelievable that Greg flies with a PS3 controller. How does he do it?

the kebab have very odd ways of flying

You could fly dcs with m/kb and it would still work fine. Same for all the other arcade games out there.

He flies BMS pretty damn fine too, though.

DCS is so good I could fly the space shuttle in it and it would allow me to get into the actual space shuttle and fly it

I couldnt fly a cessna in BMS because its so fucked up and buggy

exactly, all other arcade games

t.greg

He's alright with the ww2 aircraft and helicopters too though

He has it setup like an RC plane controller. Once you get used to it you can fly it just like normal.
I bet if he switched back to a normal stick he would feel a little awkward for a bit.

@151604837

Newfag

It is actually a shitposting technique that originated in the /csgo/ threads.
Guess he hooked you.

This.

What is harmless' steam name?

ask him in teamspeak

Nice try Ivan, I won't enter your wicked realm.

I'm WAT

ЦУM HOT

Shit that's some great footage.

I remember wondering the same thing, because modern MBTs seem to have really bad shot traps, but the explanation I recall is that it's just not relevant anymore. I think it was because modern kinetic rounds shatter if they don't penetrate or something and that they don't ricochet like the old WWII shells. Don't quote me on that though because I'm honestly not sure. Maybe the resident tankfags know, because I'm curious as well.

The main reason is honestly just because MP more accessible than BMS and I prefer playing MP games.

youtube.com/watch?v=QgjFX8z0e8M

Check out this comfy late 70s F-15A cockpit and HUD footage over west germany