Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

Salma Edition

Old >I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Riathen
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Mo Zing Miko, Kandra Wildfire, Strider Of Spring, or Dex Mindwrack

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

First for me and I am amazibg

Second for happy femcharr wives.

I really hope it's not just you and me in the thread. Paging Dr. Bork, paging Dr. Bork..

Yeah.

>somebody used me as the OP pic

noice

post ur pips

I'm pippin up bro, played Necro/Guard/Druid last season and plan to get back into Guard/Druid, hbu?

I wish I could make you fatter, Vae.

I'm all Druid atm since it's the best way I can carry shit teams, but sometimes I switch to Warrior when my team comp requires it

Dr. Bork here prescribing you with a daily dose of beefcake.
what. I like him lean tho

Is snufflefu actually nice in game or is it all a lie?

He sounds like the kind of beta faggot that is overly nice to you at first interaction and then immediately forgets about you and just stays apathetic.

I'm gonna pork that Bork.

Excuse me. I do the porking

Damn really?
I wanted to waif her

Come again? When do we start then, bb

Post butt and we'll see.

>join scholar order
>immediately do an entire arc of story quests where I just fight shit
I mean, I understand that a whole bunch of pure lore quests would be unappealing to most people but goddamn they couldn't even squeeze one in there.

>GW2 introduces the three orders
>A couple story steps later they just merge anyways
>NEVER DO ANYTHING WITH JUST YOUR ORDER EVER AGAIN
>Order of Whispers: Total clowns and an embarrassment to what they were in GW1
>Durmand Priory: More like explorers with strong lore insights, AKA they just kill shit and invent Mary Sue technology on the go, AKA turn a lighthouse into a laser with some made up game science
>The Vigil: Absorbed by the Pact, replaced by the Pact, Pact lackeys, Pact throwaways, otherwise nothing exciting ever came from this order other than killing stuff under the Vigil name if ArenaNet wants to remember them.

Or even just access to the library? I mean, I'm sure they've got tons of lore and short stories they never found room for in the game, I'd love books & books of that.

Thinking about returning to GW2 for Heart of Thorns. Currently have the base game only, will probably pick up the expansion in a couple weeks. Is there any point in playing base game at max level for now, like farming gold or such?

The orders suck. Just pick your favorite armor, and that's it.

You seem to have misread it. The Priory mainly concerns itself with the collection and study of unreasonably cute and innocent waifus. The whole lore thing is a pretense to draw in the waifus and keep them busy so they don't realize what's going on.

If you're Priory, when you return there in LS Season 2 you get all this VIP treatment where they're like "Welcome back Mr. Protagonist, come right in. Made any interesting discoveries lately?"

Maybe the other two orders will get to be involved in LS3 and 4.

Knock that off or I'll have you spayed.

Knock what off, my pants?

( ' w ' )

( u w u)

Are engineers fun to play?

PvP yeah, PvE not really.

>tfw no soft and defined mcharr butt
to sit on your lap

hey
how do i give lady midna the fucc?

>tfw no vae husband barb daily

Do you have physically compatible genitalia?

Disregard that, the eternal alchemy will provide

>tfw no big strong mcharr husband to pep talk you and bully you out of being a pansy

>tfw no mcharr chest fluff to play with of a morning

>All these feels

>tfw mcharr husband but feeling bad for all these anons

Do you have any cute pictures of you and your husband we can see?
I want something to look at while I sob over my crippling loneliness.

Why are mesmers so boring? Their themes are so interesting, but the skills for those themes are just shitty pets and shitty nukes.

Where are my interesting illusion tricks, or skills that punish people for killing illusions, etc?

You just need to be more creative with how you use the skills

8^)

[muffled rat being barbed in the distance]

You can still farm in sw if that's your thing. Maybe get more HPs for a head start if you want your elite spec sooner.

I'm sorry anons, I was busy in wvw, saw the old thread was ded, couldn't find a new one so I made one myself. I only just found this thread now. How are you all? I hope you're having a comfy day/evening.

It's okay Rex, thanks anyway though.

Examples?

I've tricked people into attacking illusions, I've chained daze shatters with illusion positioning, etc, etc. It doesn't seem like there's much depth to illusion usage beyond that.

You need to create danker memes

You need to go deeper
you need to portal yourself and your entire team off a cliff and into death, just to confuse the enemy team into proper suicide

Can you even do that?

could i jump off the map on skyhammer and activate portal just as i hit the ground?

So as long as it's not the beta sure.

>wrote up a huge example
>accidently close
>lose example
>sigh

do prec/tough/condi
staff+scepter/torch
cloak/blink/(your choice of viel or survival or nullfield for support)/mass invis
traits:
anything that gives condis and stealth boosts especially:
-boons on stealth
-condis on clone death

this build has great dps over time against stubborn/persistant enemies as well as survivability
spam clones, shatter only if needed and use stealth when in trouble
pros:
-you can generally juggle players to let your team do things
-can make capping areas for the enemy a nightmare
-you become quite the pain in the ass
-angry theives die is seconds with all that confusion

cons
-cant typically win fights where the enemy gives up and runs away

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you

jugg waking up prepare for shitposting

Makes sense, no one posted that shitpasta during the week he spammed cat images, because he was too busy posting them.

I also noticed he just got online. Who else would have the necessary autism to not only post it every thread, but even after it gets deleted than that deadbeat from cali?

so much for "quitting the thread" lmao, obsessive mama's boy

let the child have his tantrum
any attention to it will only make him cry louder

>jugg
kill yourself

yeah its weird how long people stay attached to this thread when they have no business in it, like grelom ctrl + fing his name, i suppose spamming+his daily guild shitpost is his identity. so sad.

>condis on clone death

???

*shrug* i dont like jugg but are you suggesting we do something other than ignoring the manchild that will benefit the thread more?
or are you just another mindless user

we live in an age where people are comfy and arent used to loss or hurt feelings
some people cant handle that and typically have a large portion of their lives based around it.. and when a large portion of your life sucks and you cant control your emotions, what else do you think is going to happen.
its just how life kinda is sometimes

oh no.. did they remove the trait???
>loading wiki...

wow i havent pvp'ed in a long time
its was originally callled Dibilatating Dissipation and I couldve sworn they still had it in the new build... oh well, was op while it lasted

it's the kind of trait I want back. Why would they remove such a fun skill?

it was stupidly good

so tweak it, instead of removing it. People should be punished for being stupid enough to kill a clone.

>People should be punished for being stupid enough to kill a clone.

Why is it stupid to kill a clone when there isn't a trait to put a ton of condition on you anymore?

well the issue with that is it wasnt just that
the trait is activated on any clone death other than shatter so:
enemy kills one? yep
clone dies because you created a 4th? yep
sometimes funny when all 3 die because target died so everyone else gets a triple slap? yep

i mean, with this build, 70% of clone death was because i created a fourth clone via dodging/scepter spam/because who really keeps track of the amount

...thats the point he was trying to make user..
the trait should come back..
because people should be punished

Wasting cds or resources on clones basically.

Honestly, mesmers could really use that sort of DPS in pve.

You practically can't help but kill clones. There's nothing stupid about it. Probably why they got rid of the trait in the first place.

AoE's pop clones, attacking the Mesmer while he is standing near a clone pops clones. most of the time I kill clones it's not because I think the clone is real, it's because they're in the fuckin' way and get hit by cleave. Being punished for killing them seems silly.

When are HOPE guild missions? I'd check but i cannot log in for a while

like 7 hours from now

yea sure bdut the trait gives one random condi per clone which is not enough to even mention, its the ones who kill like every clone that it hurts

and dont even say theyre used for survivabilty because you said it yourself, you can easily see which is which so that doesnt even work
what other use is there for clones? so far its only shatters for power builds but for condis theyre almost usless

I agree that they're not all that helpful for condi but punishing players for killing them is also ridiculous, and I think you underestimate how many clones people end up killing considering all the AoE in the game. You think an ele is going to be able to pick and choose their targets?

Why not have a trait that has your clones apply conditions on shatter rather than when they die? that way it's balanced in the same way DPS is and doesn't unfairly punish AoE or cleave heavy classes? Each clone could even apply a different condi for flavor.

but user
shatter already applies condis
and theres even traits for that
and also Diabilitating Dissipation had a range of 240
as in what ele is going point blank to AoE
>now assuming you didnt know
yes the condi appliction had a max range, meaning two things
if it was a ranged clone (thats what condi mesmer made) then you can usually keep away
if it was a melee clone (made by power mesmers) the condi dmg would be a joke and they mostly die by shatters, also meaning trait doesnt trigger

it was already pretty balanced just people didnt know about it so they werent informed
which is kinda a players fault going into pvp without knowing your enemy

Thanks m8

8:45 pm est to be exact bruh

I knew that, I meant give them more than confusion and torment.

A d/d ele fights close range and constantly uses blast finishers, any class with a great sword has wide arching swings that will pop clones constantly, not to mention a smart mesmer would bait them into doing so. it's not a fair thing to punish someone over.

Even if people went in not knowing they'd learn pretty quick after fighting one or two I'm sure, the main problem everyone had isn't that they didn't know not to kill clones, it was that certain skills make it damn near impossible not to kill them, especially at close range.

>killing a mesmer's clone now doubles the cooldown of the ability used to kill it. A player can only have one of his cooldowns doubled at a time.

There. That's balanced and unique, and rewards clever clone placement and timing without being overbearing.

>use AA
>/laugh

Right, there would be counter play.

Tell me anons, has gw2 stopped trying to be esports?

Hey guys, want to try GW2 free to see if its worth buying. What class should I pick? I will be playing alone, I have some casual experience with WoW.

Tell me anons, has the gw2 community created a nude mod/patch?

Sort of. But its hard to use.

Depends on what you like to do user.

Playing alone is shit, at least join some guild to have people to talk to.

I just uninstalled GW2, what's a better MMO? Thinking of trying FFXIV.

Thief is the easiest class. Mesmer is the coolest. Engineer is the most mechanically interesting.

>Mesmer is the coolest

don't lie to the newbies user

Avoid mesmer, engineer or elementalist. Guardian is the most forgiving.

My advice would be do not bother with this game though.

It really is, the skills are just a letdown.

>thief is the easiest class

utter bullshit unless you're talking raids only

Why no engi? It seems interesting.
Also I dont really want a support/tank role, so wouldnt be warrior better than guardian? Guardian seems very boring

I'm talking sPvP. I've been playing nothing but thief after maining mesmer. Literally the eziest wins of my life.

Engineer is just really complicated, might overwhelm you if you're new.

In GW2 there are no roles, everyone does a little of everything. No matter what class you pick you'll be doing some damage and some healing and some CC and some tanking.

You should try all classes then, because most are even easier than thief in esports.