Fed announced they arn't raising rates

Fed announced they arn't raising rates.
Gold still viable
$NUGT going to see large gains.

Don't miss the es 30% in next few days train.

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/articles/investing/100915/effect-fed-fund-rate-hikes-gold.asp#ixzz4KwEUg5TP
investing.com/news/commodities-news/oil-extends-gains-after-u.s.-crude-stock-draw-427823
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same with $GDX

Easiest 2 day returns ever.

Since I posted this combined are up 1% in minutes. Going to kek all the way to the bank on Friday at 25 and 30 respectively.

Why would the fed not raising interest rates on the fed result in an increase in the price of gold?

Gold was down because investors were worried about a rate hike.
There wasn't a hike, so the gold rally this rate hike fear interrupted is back on.

ah, i see. I just read up a bit on it also.

So basically when the fed goes up, people tighten their belts and it becomes a bear market.

so then what happens to investors when the fed is too low?

the lower the better ,people taking loans ,companies taking cheap loans and investing, getting bigger

what have fed rates to do with gold?

uh... no.

that can't be true. the fed is what keeps a cap on inflation. there must be some side effect. (I'm guessing it turns your liquid assets into water)

>this thread
>not expecting a sell off in the morning
Nothing is certain. NUGT and JNUG are affected by more than just the spot price of gold.

Tomorrow could easily be Black Thursday

not the gold itself but mining companies rise.
gold have no correlation with fed rates

i mean generally lower rates are good but not too low like in japan .

if a country is doing well then fed rises rates to have more money from lending ,but if it isnt doing well then it stimulate the economy by lowering rates giving more money to investors but less for itself

Oh. thats a pretty important distinction.

>As the Federal Reserve considers raising interest rates for the first time in several years, many investors believe that higher and rising interest rates will pressure gold prices downward. Many investors and market analysts believe that, as rising interest rates make bonds and other fixed income investments more attractive, money will flow into higher-yielding investments, such as bonds and money market funds, and out of gold, which offers no yield at all.
investopedia.com/articles/investing/100915/effect-fed-fund-rate-hikes-gold.asp#ixzz4KwEUg5TP
According to the same article this sentiment isn't entirely accurate, but it's obviously strong enough to affect gold prices in the short term.

hey, want to join my silly Venture thread?

You guys seem like smart fellas.

>there must be some side effect
who's going to buy government debt (bonds) when the rates are zero?

>mfw people buying gold and gold miners/leveraged gold ETF's have no idea how gold actually works

please, educate yourselves

Don't people typically buy gold as a hedge, in case of market collapse?

Read more about the effects of monetary policy before posting.

How bout you don't piss on people for asking a simple question?

I only really know economics, doing grad school right now for it.

Took a look at your thread, I really would only post scenarios answers for things I actually got paid on. I am not being paid, therefore I will not thinktank it.

Either Way GDX will probably hit 28-30 tomorrow and NUGT will tip 25. Just what I have noticed on past trends that circled fed meetings. People Pull out weeks before them, stocks plummit in fear of rate hike, then when news like today happens and no hike, they go back in hard for about 2 weeks.

You simply need to read more

what inspired the speculation in the first place?

Did few papers in college, had free range to pick the subjects in one of my classes as long as it was economics related. Decided to do federal interest rate effects on the mortgage industry for one. During the research I came across vast amounts of information, some relating to gold markets. I wasn't in stocks yet at the time or else the information would have been a gold mine. I'm sure my papers were not ground breaking or anything, but always got high marks because I was pretty sure the teacher was a day trader so I tailored most of my subjects to things he might like in order to receive better grades due to the information being more useful to him or at least more interesting.

but now looking back it was quite useful and all the spreadsheets I made of market data is paying off. If you look back to previous events similar to the fed meeting and other points of data, there are similar out comes.

Maybe a little off topic here but rather than start a new thread:

When things that typical cause gold to go up and stocks to go down happens, like disasters, uncertain, elections, etc. what happens to gold mining stocks? Do they go up like gold or down like stocks?

Fed meeting to raise rates scared off gold mining investors. People who knew they wouldn't raise rates swooped in and went deep in $nugt knowing people would return. Literally waiting here for market to open so I can start jacking it to the gains.

if i am wrong then please enlighten me with your wisdom

Yea the interest rate thing definitely effected mining, but I mean other things (not interest rates) that typically result in high gold and low stocks, what happens to gold mining stocks in those cases typically?

Oil has been going strong and I've made a nice sum.

Anyone care to share ideas on when to lock the profit and wait for another low?

investing.com/news/commodities-news/oil-extends-gains-after-u.s.-crude-stock-draw-427823

Please tell me at least one person in this thread listened and got in at open.

$Nugt is triple leveraged. Only been 1 hour into day and almost at the 25 I predicted.

tomorrow nugt wont go up as the market will also slow down

NOW WHAT

i Doubled my posi at 22.30

But in fairness, market was being maniuplated as fuck today,

>US Gold rocketed
>Us index gxy was down

All markers pointed to about $25.40 today. but every one had to quick pull because they think that leverage is death after close.
but really, gold was up alot, price should have reflected that instead there was like a hour of stagnation of clear cut market maniulation

You guys needs to better understand how these leveraged ETFs take their piece of the pie. I would never hold on to a 3x leveraged ETF for more then 3 days MAXIMUM, typically you buy and sell these within the day. Anyone who bought into this today got burned as gold won't be rising during the market hours tomorrow.

ez gainz