I'm looking for a fun manual car in socal for $3k or less...

I'm looking for a fun manual car in socal for $3k or less. Right now I'm looking at Honda preludes but I only found 2 that are type SH. One is $2100 but has 195k miles. The other one is this. 155k miles but it's $3900. What do you guys think? Is the SH worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5609242519.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5583252002.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5587353907.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5601897028.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5595818184.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5609242519.html

This is definitely worth it. With the $3k you can get it registered and insured and have money left over to fuck around with it.

Just a regular sentra? Not even an se-r? What's so good about that? I might as well buy a miata or v6 mustang for that price

Non sh are better. Its heavier than the baseolus the sh system isn't that great new. After that many miles its shit and you'll need to get rid of it if you plan on making more power. A traditional LSD is better anyway.

Look for a 4th gen

I have to pass smog so I don't plan on modifying the engine too much. I didn't know fwd cars can have lsd's. Why are 4th gens better? I love the look of 5th gens

4th gens are lighter and have cool interiors. But damn I forget about emissions. I live in Alabama so I don't deal with any of that. But if you do go 5th gen I still recommend the non sh. Its easier to find replacement parts and you can get a better condition car for the money.

As for the LSD yeah jdm cars came with them. And you can bolt up any f or h series transmission from preludes or accords to the non sh.

>4th gens are lighter and have cool interiors
I never considered them before but damn you have a good point
>Dat sexy digital display
Also you're right about 5th gen base ludes being better condition. I was just under the impression that without ATTS they weren't worthwhile

>I'm looking for a fun manual car in socal for $3k or less.

Looking at hondurrs.

Get the fuck out of my state you faggot.

I'm white. Also it's my third car and I'm not modding it. I'm not that stereotype. I was looking at miatas and mustangs as my alternative. What do you suggest?

>I'm white.
That makes it worse.
3k isn't shit for a "fun" car.
Buy a foxbody or sn95 gt and then you can at least slide everywhere and find parts cheap also 30+mpg if your not redlining all day.

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5583252002.html
Is this what you had in mind? Foxbodies are all modded to hell for that price

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5587353907.html

If you're from the valley I could even give you a ride to pick up the car

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5595818184.html
Literally the first few posts.

I actually have those listings saved already

That's fucking dumb user. Grow out of the RWD obsession already.

>30+mpg if your not redlining all day.
Kek

>Paper is always right.

Get rekt faggot. Drove a sn95 in highschool got 30+ mpg whenever I was taking it easy. Experience vs paper so suck my dick.

>Grow out of the RWD obsession already.
He said fun, not something that sucks dick. i.e. fwd.

>Get rekt faggot
>Drove a sn95 in highschool
I think we all know who the faggot is here

I'm assuming you have a job? Why not just wait a few more months and buy a better car?

(You)
agreed

I want a cheap throwaway fun car. My dd is a boring but reliable automatic. $5k to $9k is not throwaway to me

Fox bodies are the best price vs performance imo. Do you have mechanical know how?

>Do you have mechanical know how?
I know everything maintenance-wise but do not have experience with major repairs. Are they really unreliable?

Just when you get a modified car you want to make sure what they did was done right and they didn't use crappy parts. All depends what is done to it and who did it which determines its reliability, but generally speaking they are pretty fast with a few mods and not too much put nito them.

No. Don't let these summer fags acare you off a nice entry level v8, they're easy to maintain and repair, water pump is the only really shit thing to replace as you are probably going to break a bolt or two, 302s are great reliable engines that put out decent power.