What's the best head-turning car under $10k?

In the market for a sportier car, been thinking mr2 lately.

a miata

not that

Kia Elan

Fiero

Pre-owned Chrysler 300

Mazda rx-7 fd

Turns heads not in a good way though

Go ahead and try to find us a running FD for less than $10k

Any vaguely enthusiast car will turn ethusuast heads
A clean ek civic hatch will turn heads, because most people will have sedans or coupes or be used to the modern shortie civics

A prelude turns heads.

Any car that looks even slightly different from modern drudgery or 90s corolla turns heads

Prob a ls1 camero

Nothing is a head turner car for under 10k, unless you put a whole lot of time into restoring something cool you bought for cheap.

you might get some people to laugh at you for trying to hard or look like a retard trying to pass some shitbox off as a headturner though.

What if you're white and not trash?

Aw11's are head turners

Firebird or Trans Am with aftermarket exhaust and t-tops off with fat slicks

BMW Z3 or Z4
Older Corvette or American muscle car of your choice
G35 or 350Z

Mr2
Fiero
Isuzu Impulse 2nd gen
Triumphs or MGs from the 70s
BMW 8 series
I mean all you asked was for them to turn heads and be under 10 grand...

A minitruck.

>What's the best head-turning car under $10k?
>head-turning
Well pretty much anything sporty will turn heads
really if you want to turn heads you should pick a bright noticeable color like red, yellow, or a bright blue.
People notice color first

Why do the majority of the second gen MR2's with the larger wing have the center piece removed?

Just curious.

Here's one with the center piece still attached.

Fiat Punto

Maybe to get to the engine easier?

300E

3000GT, reliability not included
280Z
Corvette maybe
350Z
R32-33, Depending where you live
Z3/Z4
Firebird if you're trying to impress girls who hate their dad

I've had a fair few heads turn with my 1985 Toyota Supra. The 1976 Corvette Stringrays are also really good looking cars, just make sure you get them in black.

I picked up an Acura RSX-S. good reliable, pretty quick and sporty.
inb4 dont buy hondas

porsche 944

Buy a shitbox and stance it. You'll look like a total retard and people will point and laugh at you from all directions

Gold painted civic with no exhaust

>head turning is your single criteria for sportiness
Stancefag detected.

How reliable are the 2nd gen MR2s? Any specific years/engines to avoid? T-top yay or nay? We only got the 103/113kw NA engine in Europe.

RSX BOYS REPORT IN

they're "devil horns bro!!!!" or some shit

Z31 300zx and z32 300zx

Any Datsun

Mr2, either gen

Any Rx7

3000gt/ Dodge stealth

Miata (mfw phone correct it to "mistake")

Mustang

Camaro

240sx

Subaru Wrx, or if you want to get retro get a 1st gen turbo legacy.

Lancer Evo

Hyundai Genesis

????

F O R D P I N T O
O
R
D
P
I
N
T
O

Volvo T5R or 850R

>Aw11's are head turners

Sure, just leave America.

Any car with a shiny vinyl wrap.

lt1 camaro or late 90s mustang gt with the loudest fucking exhaust possible

you can get one for like 5 grand in "it runs" condition

"Turning around to witness the fireball" doesn't count as head-turning. Neither does "Holy shit, it's made entirely of rust, how is it still running?".

Kids think "IT'S A PORSCHE" and will drop their Beyblades or whatever the fuck they play with now days and try to get you to rev the engine
When you pull up next to a middle aged guy in a Cayenne and they see someone in his 20s driving it they thin "where did I go so wrong?"
I've even met people who thought it was turbocharged and AWD or some shit

People are surprisingly clueless about this car, like it's cheaper and slower than their Camrys but they still think it's hot shit
Still damn fun though

Basically get a roadster

Mine turns heads.

You can get one relatively cheap too. Parts are a pain to find and put in though. You'll need to have some know how to maintain it.

>Subaru Impreza STI with a blow off valve and loud exhaust
>Lancer EVO with a blow off valve and loud exhaust

motorcycle and a loud pipe.

Too bad there is no hardtop version. I would take a Gayman over it any day.

You can buy a hardtop

looks like a fish

Looks nice, didn't know that, I thought all of them were aftermarket trash.

Better made than aftermarket too, it actually fits and isolates road noise and temperatures

If you get an MR2, it has to be an AW11. Had mine for 2 days and I've already gotten so many fucking comments on it, all positive. Plus the 4AGE sounds so good. Pic related, mine

>turning heads with an MR2
unless you've riced or stanced or otherwise faggoted the fuck out of your car, no m8

something old and foreign and crazy looking.

Fiat x1/9
Saab sonnet
opel gt
etc...

Classic 90's Toyota reliability. Any engine configuration is okay, even the 5SFE. T-tops are cool as fuck but are prone to leaking, very easy to fix with silicone epoxy or if you got the money, buy new seals.
Had mine for a while now and it's been a blast. Turns lots of heads and gets lots of thumbs ups.

>majority
It's just that one stance retard in particular, some bullshit story about how a drunk guy sat on it and broke it.
Love the AW11, retro and cool as fuck
Nah.

I've had multiple people compliment my car.
3 people mistook it for an RS6 and were disappointed when it wasn't.

Another boring sedan

Well, on not a race car driver

He's not wrong. I have one and most people I talk to have no idea what the car is and ask me all about it. To the uninformed, it looks like a space-wedge. Turns heads from old to young alike. It being in red also helps.

>What the fuck is that ugly looking piece of shit that you're driving, user?

>what's that piece of shit you're driving
What the future should have been

Pic fuckin' related.

I think I know this car. Did you purchase this it in san antonio or austin? I knew someone from the mr2 club that had a very similar car. If it is the same mr2 it should have 230,000+ miles on it.

O fuqq, witnessed

What's with you faggots trying to drive ferraris for a few thousand dollars? No amount of shitty eBay mods are gonna make people think your 90's shitbox is cool or sporty. When 99% of people see a suped up Civic/mr2/Miata/ etc etc they think "what a piece of shit." If you can't afford a sports car, wait until you have actual money.

>he thinks people buy cars to impress others

top kek this dumb cuck

Posting a picture of carl the cuck as if we're the problem for wanting cool cars on a budget, when in reality you are the cuck for advocating paying full price for a "real sports car" and sucking dealer dick

I never advocated paying full price, I advocated buying cars that aren't pieces of shit, you poor minority

Then why'd you put a fart can and a WICKED TIGHT wing on your del sol?

How long ago was that? I got it recently from my cousin in NC. Currently has 290k on it with like 5/6 previous owners. Original color seems to be red too

like what exactly?

i don't have a del sol and my car doesnt have stickers or a wing, dumb cuck

Something that costs more than you can afford pal

sick meme summerfriend

You've been thinking correctly

Are you retarded? plenty of cars can be bought for under 10k that will turn heads. Either through rarity or just odd looks.

>AW11 MR2
>CRX SI
>Volvo 262C
>Volvo 780
>BMW 2002
>BMW E28 5-series
>BMW E24 6-series
>Subaru SVX
>Mazda RX7 (any generation)
>Saab 900
>Saab Sonnet
>Fiat X1/9
>Porsche 944
>Porsche 924
>Nissan 240/260Z
>Nissan 300ZX
>Toyota Supra
>Toyota Celica (1st or 2nd gen)

>getting salty at bait

>I was just pretending to be retarded

>lists old shit

Do you somehow think you can buy a new head turner for under $10k?

No, there is no such thing as a head turner for under 10k. At least not in a good way, maybe in a "look at this tryhard faggot" or "this guy actually takes that car seriously" way.

Did you expect anything new? fucking retard

no i expected a list full of old not-head-turning cars, which is exactly what I got.

>hur dur nothing new is good
>hur dur if u dont buy new ur just tryhard
Well this thread was fun while it lasted

no, new is good. those old cars just aren't head turners.

there is nothing wrong with having an older car, it is what you can afford. but it isn't a head turner.

When I was still loading the image I thought it was a first gen Scion tC until I saw the 4 windows.

Audi's designs are so forgettable and samelooking.

>head turner
why would you want your car to be a "head tuner"
some people aren't attention whoring cucks

Sour grapes

I don't know apparently OP wants a "head turner" for under 10k. doesn't mean I want a head turner.

nah just realistic m8

In so cal you can buy ls1 fbodies for 5k in better than "it runs"

I turn my head every time i see one

i turn my head when i see anorexic girls because that's my fetish, doesn't mean they are head turners generally speaking.

aw11s look good, and they get a surprising amount of attention for an old shitbox. usually good attention.

the attention is along the lines of "hey I bet there is a spic driving that shitbox, look at that thing"

very reliable. Just normal wear items, if any.

looks like an mr2 spyder..

I'll put my vote towards an S30 or S130.

You get a lot of people ask you "what the hell is that thing?"

Yellow 850 T5R

Other way around

Sup