Can't find a used 4x4 for shit.. Are they worth holding out for...

Can't find a used 4x4 for shit.. Are they worth holding out for? Figured it would be nice to take some girls camping or offroading with me. I bet a 2wd would do fine where I live in Florida as long as I stick to safe paths but I don't want to feel like a cuck. Anyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RwdVTTrVORQ
youtu.be/X4PsT1OZGAk?t=1m40s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah, a 2wd would be fine, and you can even pack your own shovel and pickax to 'fix' any part of the road your vehicle is fucked up on

i dont think the added 4x4 is really useful for anything either

4x4 is worth holding out for. If you get a 2wd you will regret it at some point. Resell is much easier on a 4x4 also. I was looking for a 4x4 truck and ended up getting a 4x4 manual xterra. Don't forget there are offroad capable suvs out there unless having a truck bed is a must maybe consider that.

Eh. If you do anything outdoorsy then a 4x4 is nice to have. I have one and am an outdoor guy, talking 4-5 times a week, and have never needed to use it. It's also incredibly more difficult to do maintenance because everything either, weighs a million lbs, or requires you to remove the tcase/driveshaft to do anything.

Dont listen to
Thats cuck mentality. Get a fucking 4x4 if thats what you want. You'll find reasons to fucking use it trust me.

many used GMC yukon denali's are 4x4
and plenty of used jeep grand cherokee ZJ and WK's to choose from

dont ever pay any wrangler tax, toyota tax or any truck tax.

if you really really need a truck bed, you can just buy a cart for your SUV and tow it behind you.

>I don't the 4x4 Is useful for anything
>being this retarded

nissan is chinese garbage tho
they all somehow manage to have the same fuel economy as a 7L v8 engine, only you're driving a 4L six cylinder

of course if you really want to pay that chink tax to feel safer, go ahead

It's really not for 99.9% of the situatons even IF you're a hiker/kayaker. The US has such awesome facilities and access at parks that a Nissan Versa could reach 90% of them. I have 4x4 because I want the option to go on specific offroad vehicle trails if I want to. I've never been in any situation where 4x4 was absolutely needed where it was unexpected.

It took me a long ass time to find a manual 4x4 with a back seat cheap but it's been great especially considering thanks to the rust it has relatively low miles compared to other trucks I had been looking at and I didn't even have to go too far to get it

>nissan is chinese garbage tho
>pay that chink tax

What about like a subaru forester or awd wagon?

He's not desperate enough to turn gay this isn't /r9k/

>being a chink tax sympathizer

granted that nissan probably has the lowest chink tax, but it's still there

If you want a 4WD just get a 4WD. You won't be a cuck for getting a 2WD, but you will be a cuck for 'settling' for a 'lesser' Truck.

I have a 4x4 truck and have never actually needed power at the front wheels. If you get a 2WD Truck just put bigger tyres on it and you will be fine.

the nissan hardbody's that i'm seeing seem to go for about the same price as american, less than a grand for a beater and 2-3k for well maintained.

>shovel and pickaxe to fix the road so your 2wd can make it

wat

dont get a 2wd truck OP. most of them are open diff, and so they are completely fucking useless off road and will get stuck extremely easy off road. my stock air cooled vw beetle can do more offroad than my truck in 2wd

what about a limited slip or closed diff on a rwd? there's probably too much mud around here so it sounds like I'll wait until I see a good 4wd or grab one from a nearby state.

this guy ran into trouble with his raptor but he was asking for it..
youtube.com/watch?v=RwdVTTrVORQ

have you considered a suzuki? bought mine that sat in a farmers field for ten years for 500$, fresh gas and battery started right up

You can install a locker or look for a 2wd that has one already. They cost like $300 for the hardware.

>looking for a truck
>no regular cabs, all ugly shortbed, crew/extended cabs
>no manual transmissions
>no dual exhaust
>all have a ton of miles
>all aren't maintained

The used truck market is full of abused shitboxes needing tons of work and new base trucks are like 40k.

What the fug.

>I've never been in any situation where 4x4 was absolutely needed where it was unexpected.

You're doing it wrong

I'd fill these holes
;^)

>have 99 f250 with 80k
>sells instantly for $19500

Is rough

Lockers are good, but not a magic bullet.

4x2 is adequate for a lot of stuff, especially with a locker. Mall crawling pussies will insist that you need a 4x4 for like, a fucking well packed gravel road that's sort of damp. They're full of shit.

That said, when it gets super hairy and you're doing actual, serious offroading 4x2 pretty much requires good tires and a lot of skill to keep going.
youtu.be/X4PsT1OZGAk?t=1m40s
That guy does a pretty nasty rock climb in a 4x2- it takes him a few goes, but he gets it.

There are plenty of situations that favor 4x4, sure, but depending on your usage you might not need it ever.

kek

underrated post

Yes, they're worth holding out for.

You get a lot of people that go from a regular 4x4 to messing around in a locked 2WD one time and are surprised the 2WD did as well as it did.

Then you get people that drive Civics looking for excuses to call 4x4s useless, so they take this as meaning locked 2WD is always better than open 4x4. And then of course they assume those are the ONLY options, without realizing many 4x4s come with optional lockers. Not to mention pretty much every 4x4 has an available aftermarket option for a locker, and it's not like most 2WDs come with them.

If you don't need a pickup bed, look for SUVs. They're often cheaper and built on nearly identical platforms.

Only vehicle I ever pushed hard offroad was a locked up 6x6 in double lo with 6.72 axle gears. Shit was cash.

>1/2 ton
>probably the shitty 4.7
>5 lug
>about 29 inch tires

Gay.

Okay, you see, the thing with trucks is

If it doesn't have 4x4, It better not have spark plugs either.

Otherwise, you're fucking gay.

ayy lmao!

If you don't have any luck, try getting a RWD Silverado or something similar. Mine performs great on all terrain I put it on.

>truck owners being secure in their masculinity

Mall parking lots?

lel

>You should destroy your vehicle recreationally so that you can't show up to work instead of avoiding bad situations to begin with
>t. someone who rides the bus