Why are supras so bad?

why are supras so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbUSaOrWTpk
youtube.com/watch?v=4z5F3jzWjrc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbdgiivRGUY
superchevy.com/how-to/ghtp-1208-competitive-motor-engine-build-1029hp-440ci-na-lsx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're not bad. They're just grand tourers. They weren't purpose built to dorifto and track, they were intended as the Jap equivalent of a muscle car.

So, a gigantic turd?

Hold on, hold on, let me be Veeky Forums for a second ...

PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT

OVERPRICED

PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT

WAAHHHH FAST AND FURIOUS TAX

WAHHHH I CAN'T AFFORD IT

WAHHH MUH CURB WEIGHT

PIGFAT PIGFAT PIGFAT

I DON'T LIKE CURVACIOUS 90S STYLING BUT WILL PRAISE THE FD FOR THE EXACT SAME THING

TOO MUCH HYPE, NOT ENOUGH CHEAP

I CAN'T OWN IT SO IT MUST BE SHIT

That should get most of the memery out of the way. Let me know if I missed anything.

>Miatas are better

pigfat
ugly

that sums up pretty much every generation of Supra

yeah and this

Miatas are shit tho

yeah exactly so better than a filthy supra

pigfat gt's which werent particularly fast . granted they were grand tourers not sports cars so handling and speed was the secondary to comfort. They were the kind of car for cruising around the city in style but with enough punch to overtake and merge effectivly. Never meant for the track .

Problem is so many Fnf kiddies buy these and rice them and go against the original engineers intentions which we hate on Veeky Forums .

So overalll the were okay cars but because of Fnf and japanese rice culture( impossible to find a stock unmolested one over there) we fucking hate them

>satirical post mocking Veeky Forums shallow points of view

>remainder of thread is proving this post right by unironically citing these reasons

Well done, Veeky Forums.

theres truth in comedy (even if it is from a butthurt Poopra fanboy)

youre too dumb to realize that apparently

Complete shit, get a Lexus SC instead, at least you won't be seen as a faggot

Y'all some bitter motherfuckers. Did a Supra kill your mother and rape your father?

>they were intended as the Jap equivalent of a muscle car

Toyota plz make something like this again.
>cheap
>comfy
>3200-3500lbs
>nice sounding turbo straight-six

The new Poopra is probably going to try being cutting-edge like the new NSX (not that there's anything wrong with that) with a price-tag to boot.

They should make a nice comfy cheap and powerful GT car below the new "supra" and above the GT86. they can even put one of their Turbo engines out of Lexus in it (or maybe even a twin turbo V8) id kill for a car like that from Toyota.

the Supra was never cheap

that nigger has indicators on his front bumper on a S1

FnF fanboys, benchracers and JAY DEE EMM tyte retards masturbating over NA 2JZ engines because "I'm like Paul Walker bro, check out my automatic IS200 with Altezza badges it's like a 4-door Supra."

>Supra
>Bad
More like badass
Have some of mine

youtube.com/watch?v=lbUSaOrWTpk

This
They ran about the same price as a viper

would be better stock thanks for confiming stereotypes my millennial friend

would look better riced out

>simple
>powerful
>what is emissions
you do understand that if you want to make power in a modern sports car, VVT ect are essential. this is why people do for muscle cars, because it's legal to drive a 40yo 6L smog demon on the road.

you're supra a shit

>stop liking what I don't like

very nice. sounds great.

>Supra
>stock

No such thing. Go benchrace.

Fast and Furious movies.

Only their bodies are famous.

Nobody wants a 220hp 3.0 inline 6 N/A car.

Having a heavy car that does under 100hp/liter should be a thing of cucks and middle aged people in crisis.

>tfw always preferred the Stealth/3000GT

>tfw only made in FWD and a really, really bad AWD

I had a mint 91 white/red Stealth R/T, if only it were RWD and didn't weight as much as an SUV thanks to unibody.

>Supra
>N/A

Looks like someone fell for the SZ trim meme. Twin turbo RZ or bust.

Were they on par (in terms of overall performance) with Viper GTS/ACRs of the time?

>hp/l

Come back when you're old enough to drive.

I thought they did made a 3000GT AWD?

Viper was faster.

That said very little was faster than a Viper in the early/mid 90s. Stock at least.

well considering the viper is american it has to be shit too

t. Ahmed the refugee.

>muh forced induction

Fuck off. No replacement for displacement.

I dont hate forced induction or anything, but if your engine, a japanese sports engine nonetheless, its unable to make 100 hp/liter in natural aspiration, then its a fucking failure

>inb4 big turbo big hp

Any big turbo makes a shit ton of HP regardless of the displacement, that doesn't mean the engine is unable to work well by itself without a helping hand.

Supra chassis are beautiful, but heavy

Supra engines sound nice, but have low power per liter in N/A

You know the top trim was intended to be a GT car, right? Supra, GTO, and the 300ZX were supposed to be comfy for long trips, not lightweight beat-me-to-shit track monsters.

JDM turbo manual A80s (which are actually less powerful than USDM/CDM turbos) can be had for under $20,000 Canuckbucks (though likely in questionable condition) and will probably become cheaper with time as they become more plentiful here. They'll become legal to import to the US soon and hopefully this will be the case there too so Veeky Forums will stop bitching.

Viper is better

but a whole lot, and I mean a whole lot less comfortable

a Supra with exhaust and a boost controller will walk away from a Viper

in RCR video he said that the rear windshield touches your head if you are in the rear seats. Cant get much worse than that.

so basically a Toyota 435i?

you have no room in back of supra it's literally 1 or 2cm away from touching front seats in mine

Fuck You're Supra

Pretty much, ironically the closest modern equivalent would be a Twin Turbo BMW (2/3/435i or M2/3/4)

Fuck you. Literally the same argument.

typical Veeky Forums bumping my shitpost to the top

Fuck You Are Supra?

They're meme cars.

>stock it's mediocre
>but i can put zillions of horsepoon in it!!

You can do that with any car.

>not being a supra

Maybe a Toyota in the Mustang GT price-range similar to the Nissan 370Z. i do very much like the Idea of Japanese Muscle/Pony cars. it would be unheard of if they did a V8 powered GT car similar to the RC-F without all the luxuries (and less heavy of course so its weight is comparable to the before mentioned cars).

I don't think Modern BMW straight-six engines sound all that good. (at least not out the exhaust or through the cabin)

The people who blindly hate Supras are just as obnoxious as the people who blindly defend them.

This thread is shitpost.

everyone drives the bmws like fucking pussies so I never know

forgot pico

you're onto me

youtube.com/watch?v=4z5F3jzWjrc

Keep in mind the original MKIV Supra Twin Turbo cost the equivalent of $70k today. The closest modern equivalent REALLY would be a M3/M4.

And Toyota isn't in the business of building cheap fast cars. More likely to see the RC-F come out with a I6 TT than a actual $40,000 "Supra".

why do I always feel so spooked when I see a supra. Feels so skeletal

meanwhile mazda is selling the new mx5 in australia for 30k

Do it. 1,000 horsepower EG Civic hatch.

Thank god no one actually likes Supras. More for the rest of us. Keep hating them. Keep driving the prices down. I'll keep buying them.

but theyre overpriced normiefag cars

their value is only going up

love how the salty "keep hating them" comment always shows up tho

What's there to gain by hating a car that's actually built well? Why do you hate it in the first place?

So, yeah, if you don't like them, stay away. It's that simple. Don't see why that's a fallacious remark.

I dont hate it

its just ugly and fat so I dont like it

the prices arent going down you dumbfuck thats the whole point of my post, thats why its a fallacious remark

Pretty much summed up as a gt that people think is a sports car. Great for high ways but poor on the track you would be much better off with a miata.for the latter

I like it.

I am just not mad about it.

I would buy it if i could, but there are better cars, and the engine is not powerful enough

stand the fuck back faggots

MFW I can just build a light tube frame with supra fiber glass body and panels over the top.

That's reasonable. They're $25k in the USA for a base model without a LSD. Miatas were always $26-30k cars since they were new. If anything cars have been getting cheaper not more expensive

I know but my point is I could buy a whole bunch of things better saw oje of the nicest jzx100s I've ever seen making 500hp going for 30k

kek, are you really building one? das cool, man

overpriced as fuck, lol what fucking retard would pay 40k for a 20 year old toyota with an airplane wing with only 320hp stock, for 40 thousand fucking dollars there are dozens of better choices. Sure the supra has the "potential" to make a lot of power out of its 2jz but for that amount of money you could make anything go fast

i actually like the supra as a car - but who the fuck would be stupid enough to waste that kind of money

kek less than half that in Aus. 40k would get an extremely low miles all original car imported from Japan.

>$50k MSRP

Jeez, I could have sworn that I was reading articles stating it was about $30-35k.

>4-banger Supra

If you dont like this sound they fucking kill your self.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbdgiivRGUY

>40k

In the US maybe.

I got my UK spec for 9K.

still quite a lot.

>japan will never make good looking cars again
feels bad man

because Toyota can't into passion

you're complaining about $15k?
get a better job unless you don't want anything nice ever again

i am not complaining about shit. I am saying that a 90's 6 cylinder coupe is quite expensive for 9k.

Its still nothing compared to others, and for the rice it gets getting a supra for under 10k is still "cheap".

But i really doubt that you will get a supra TT for 9k in the US again.

>No replacement for displacement

the amount of faggots that say this is ridiculous

in canada, acquired RZ for 18k in our monopoly money

>trying to defend having a shitty engine and no money to change it

Truly the faggot here is you

>its unable to make 100 hp/liter in natural aspiration, then its a fucking failure
natural aspiration is for cucks, fuck off

I have made said "shitty engine" pretty great with not as much money as you'd think

enjoy your shitty engines

TURBOS are for cucks
>my engine is not powerful enough wah wah what do!
>i know! i will install this device that compensates for my shitty car to make it quicker!
>Now my car has 1000 hp/liter! i am not a beta anymore!

will do. Look for the NSX engine if you want an example of a real man's engine

>more power, more reliability, better mileage
>for cucks

lel

nice sour grapes

N/A will always be inferior

a weak v6 from an accord.

>more power
Simulated, maybe
>more reliability
Literally the opposite
>better mileage
See above

>trying to justify buying a cheap engine upgrade instead of changing the engine or modifying it to be better directly

Yes, so superior

Nigger, Supras are straight sixes. No exceptions.

A 4.8 vortec with two turbos worth $500 each will make 1000hp
Good luck making that power na

>reliable 3.0 V6 that does almost 100hp/liter
>compared to inline 6 from supras and skylines that does almos the same with the help of turbos

Not looking bad here.

> turn up boost on the turbo engines for massive gains
> cai on na shit for maybe 2hp gain
Roflmao

superchevy.com/how-to/ghtp-1208-competitive-motor-engine-build-1029hp-440ci-na-lsx/

STEP UP YOUR GAME, KEK!

S
T
E
P

U
P

Y
O
U
R

G
A
M
E

C
U
C
K
!

>simulated
top kek, is this nigger serious?

>Literally the opposite
yeah right, you are seriously one dumb faggot

go ahead, try to make a thousand HP out of a Ford Coyote n(a, if you ever find how, let me know if you don't have to rebuild it every month

>See above
again, you are a dumb nigger, driving a turbo car off boost or with a boost controller actually yields better mileage than a high strung n/a engine

stay mad n/a is shit, cuck

>driving a turbo car off boost or with a boost controller actually yields better mileage than a high strung n/a engine

So you mean that having a turbo car without the turbo function its better that having the turbo function! Jeez, Thanks for the info!

Call me next time when your turbo oil line breaks and your engine blows up