Discord Server: discord.gg/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0v

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/two-car-crash-rollover-with-injuries-at-palm-beach/news-story/5495866ea617b58f453ad486540d9e65
dashcamtalk.com/
ebay.com.au/itm/Sidecar-2002-Kawasaki-ZZR1200-Sidecar-/291768702209?hash=item43eec51501:g:4sMAAOSwCM5XPobE
vocaroo.com/i/s137DCcKbU1W
ebay.com/itm/New-GENUINE-Electronic-Fuel-Pump-Assembly-For-Peugeot-206-607-Cabriolet-GTi-/121019841925?hash=item1c2d583d85:m:m4cfkBRqCOo5Qtu7CiyBl9A&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-PEUGEOT-206-2-0-138-GTI-PETROL-FUEL-PUMP-FUEL-GAUGE-TANK-UNIT-1525Y1-/360843942592?hash=item5403f99ac0:g:uUEAAOxyUrZS4QRF&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>see article about crash in news
>no mention of what cars were involved

How is this shit acceptable? I want to know if this is the work of flesheating P-platers in high-powered hoonmobiles or girls texting at the wheel in a 1.8l Corolla.

Most likely it will be a P plate punk or girl texting.

>goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/two-car-crash-rollover-with-injuries-at-palm-beach/news-story/5495866ea617b58f453ad486540d9e65

As long as they don't do something gay like dropping the P-plate power-to-weight threshold down as a response.

they will probably lower the speed limit of the road and/or put up cameras. to "protect" people.

Dashcam rocked up today, went for a quick hoon with it. GPS is absolutely fucking useless when it comes to showing correct speed and the mic is kind of subdued but the quality is aight. Unit is even smaller than I thought it was, sits up behind the rear view mirror nicely.

You kids still smuggling Kookaburra's in the back of what's left of the E21?

Was it worth the $400 you paid for it?

I take that back, GPS is fine, didn't realize it measured speed at 50.77 km/h, welp. Now to clean the dash and windscreen....

Considering the other user paid $30 less for one on ebay, no. Who knows, it might save me thousands if I get into an accident.

I still don't know if I can bring myself to pay so much for a dash cam when I can get one so much cheaper.
I don't want another dirt cheap one, I had one that I got for $20. It worked well enough but the mount for it broke.
I need to find a small one since I don't have a lot of space to put it.

What is your budget?

Has it got a way to hook in an external mic? Chuck on a Sony ECM CS3.

I imagine the big advantage to a dashcam with GPS speed measurement is it proves that you weren't speeding. Some people will try to weasel their way out of any responsibility in an accident by taking it to court claiming that you were speeding.

Nah, only AV out and Cam in for an optional reverse camera, it will still pick up me yelling at dumb cunts at least.

If you care enough get a preamp and run the mic off that. Just clap when you get in the car so you can sync the audio and video up easily.

Seems kind of bizarre for such an expensive camera to omit such a basic feature.

I have no idea how to go about doing that. I was blasting music though so maybe it just couldn't handle so many noises at once?

I guess I'd only want to spend around $100 really.

>see story about road rage
>its always a commodore

>see story about a car going into a shop
>its always a 70+ that forgot which was the brake

What are some others?

>looking at manual
>says it can support SD cards up to 512gb
>not even going to bother seeing what a 512gb SD card costs

Fuck, it would be cheaper to hardwire it up to a portable 2tb HDD stashed under the seat.

dashcamtalk.com/

Any of these tickle your fancy?

It'd be a bit of a headache. You'd get something like a Zoom H4N and chuck a mic or two on that. Turn camera on, turn Zoom on, then clap so there's an audio peak you can see when syncing the two later.

HDDs aren't that reliable in cars or boats. The vibrations aren't good for them. Best bet is to use a 32 or 64gb and get in the habit of loading the footage off every night or two.

>theres a dashcam called KoonLung

Boo

It came with a 64gb luckily, 4 three minute clips on high quality only took up less than a GB. Also didn't know that about the HDD's, can't imagine lugging the comp around to LAN parties is good for it, graphics card always seems to come loose every trip.

Fucking autistic abo. They weren't booing because you're black, they were booing you because you're a shit cunt

He hardly even looks black, I've seen cunts with darker tans than him. I doubt he knows what it's like living in a shithole mission and facing real adversity.

Your average abo car

>Also didn't know that about the HDD's, can't imagine lugging the comp around to LAN parties is good for it
It shouldn't matter if the drive isn't spinning. Main reason to use the SD cards is you'd need an SSD to make it viable

>graphics card always seems to come loose every trip.
Change to a clamp style connector instead of screws and that should stop.

Do you even EB Falcon you white cunt?

When did Moog ditch the skully and pick up eating meat again?

Looks SOooo GOOD!

BTW how's Marty favoring these days?

Still rocking the Gramps?

-Best

AHA awesome

ebay.com.au/itm/Sidecar-2002-Kawasaki-ZZR1200-Sidecar-/291768702209?hash=item43eec51501:g:4sMAAOSwCM5XPobE

It has a plastic clamp on the mobo and is screwed in to the metal shit at the back, always drive with the mobo facing up too, Card still manages to come loose during travel. Weird.

Looks fun as fuck.

kamen rider as fuaaarrk

fuel pump has cracked and is leaking a bit of petrol.
options
>do i nigrig it and try to seal it?
>buy a new one and replace it
>buy one from a wrecker and replace it?
new one is 370 and i can get one from a wrecker for next to nothing but used.

>looking back on footage
>dat subtle GTA V style turbo whine
>no turbo

Really hard to hear after converting the audio but wonder if the other user who got the same cam experiences the same thing?
vocaroo.com/i/s137DCcKbU1W

boongs only get holdens or fords ya racist dog cunt

Something I wouldn't skimp on personally, at the end of the day you will end up getting a new one anyway. May as well do it when you have the money.

i was thinking i may try get one off a car with low km.

What car? Wreckers are ripoff cunts IMO, wouldn't hurt to see if any bogans in your town have yards full of cars you can rip shit off for cheap.

peugeot 206 gti.
hmmm ill look around.
i found this on ebay ebay.com/itm/New-GENUINE-Electronic-Fuel-Pump-Assembly-For-Peugeot-206-607-Cabriolet-GTi-/121019841925?hash=item1c2d583d85:m:m4cfkBRqCOo5Qtu7CiyBl9A&vxp=mtr

>bogans
>spare Peugots laying around

Don't bother. Is that ebay one the cheapest you can get?

im seeing some base 206 fuel pumps for 50-150US but from overseas, im not sure if its the same part as the gti.
left my haynes manual at a m8's place so ill check that in a bit.

>find something cheap in US
>fucking bullshit postage charge that makes it as expensive as the aussie equivalent anyway

ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-PEUGEOT-206-2-0-138-GTI-PETROL-FUEL-PUMP-FUEL-GAUGE-TANK-UNIT-1525Y1-/360843942592?hash=item5403f99ac0:g:uUEAAOxyUrZS4QRF&vxp=mtr
this is 200
never ending story with this car i swear

>It has a plastic clamp on the mobo and is screwed in to the metal shit at the back
I mean use a fairly tough clamp on the metal brace at the back instead of a screw. Is it just a really heavy card or something? I've never had that happen even with the old 295 and what not that were pretty heavy.

>dashcamtalk.com/
this would be really helpful if I had the attention span to read it... fuck

7970 6GB version, so yeah really fucking heavy.

Take your pills mate.

>Approximately US $146.16

Still over $200 bucks but cheaper than the other ones.

I'd probably take it out in transit in that case.

+shipping which may be up to 50. or i buy the 333 buckie one and replace it within a week.
the fuel smell is doing my head in.

I would if the lazy cunts on steam support would fucking get back to me and tell me what is even going on, account got hacked or something and can't even fucking play anything in offline mode.

Save the dosh and enjoy going back to the dreamtime brudda.

dreamtime status has been achieved
ive noticed my state of mind is altered a bit after driving, i need to sort it out.

>Take your pills mate.
I don't have any pills, not for attention anyway.
After today I'm actually considering going to see the doctor about it though.

So many cunts think you are weird for knowing how to spell and enjoying books with more than 30 pages, this country is autistic as fuck.

>inb4 I'm accused of being Asian, I'm of Irish/Welsh descent.

ex from long time ago starts talking to me again.
the conversation is jovial, relaxed, both are happy with our lives. looking forward to further conversations.

is this what respecting women feels like?

not him but I am.

Spotted this big fucker in my backyard today.

>A fucking Grasshopper

Get out of the city more mate.

thats at 1x zoom

dun dun dun

Yeee, but it was about 4 inches long.

Pretty big for the city m8.

Mines going into a truck. So it will pickup turbo whine for sure.

what the shit even is this

Did you listen to it?

Thats the cursed recoding of the ghost turbo. All of your turbo'd cars will forever have balance and bearing issues.

You dun goofed m8.

>not catching snakes in your yard every year

>catching snakes
>not chopping the heads off with a shovel

plz scooby no

What did your package include anyway? Got a Suction Cup mount, 2 permanent sticky mounts, window cleaning kit, 64GB SD card, AV out cable, 12V power supply, CLR Lens cover, bunch of stickers and a carry bag to stash the cam in.

>not listening to The Drones
[YouTube] The Drones - Private Execution (embed)

>not letting them go somewhere more suitable for snakes
It is like you are scared of them or something

>keep going to MCM on YouTube to watch their old videos
>keep watching the same 3 episodes over and over because they are the only ones related to shit I'm interested in right now
fugg

my car makes a whistling sound through audio that matches rpms. only can hear when speakers are up high though and nothing playing

>almost clicked the link

Live in a regional area so would take more than 30 minutes to get to a hospital let alone get treatment, I leave sneks alone unless they get right up in my campground, then they die via snackbar traditions.

Can you hear it IRL though?

>getting a virus from Vocaroo

You new to Veeky Forums buddy?

>not understanding how curses work

Do you want your shitbox to be haunted, m8?

can stock v6 ecotecs handle low boost?

It may as well be.

how low we talking?

up to ~6psi should be fine

I don't really know shit about boost, will 6psi be noticeable?

6psi is more than what it's currently running so YES.

That's a dumb question

Of course 6psi will be noticeable, will 6psi be worth the trouble?

How much horsepower does an angry spirit typically add to a vehicle?

it adds the occasional killerwasp

That depends on whether the angry spirit likes you or not.

Chances are he doesn't, so you'd better subtract at least 50kW, plus the chance of your car not starting 75% and conking out randomly 45%.

well did Jimmy like you or were you a shit cunt?
RIP Jimmy Strings.

>tfw want a rotary
>tfw too poor for rx7
>tfw rx8 is shithouse

That's an EA. Can tell by Ford badge location.

Never forget

valanon here

my contract ends in 2 weeks, and i havent been so successful finding more work. Ive got cash saved up just incase something like this happened. Should i register my Corolla while i can for the impending non-working period or should i keep the valiant going?

my thought was better fuel economy, less chance of being stranded with 2 cars registered and a change in transport if only a few weeks

Rx7 is cheap

Weld it :^)

>that grain
learn to take photos with proper iso settings

Use valiant as get away car and start doing bank robberies.

Then when the movie gets made, your car will be worth millions.

>phone camera

fair enough

>what's goin on over this side

>cop tyres
>cop brakes