Can someone explain this lifted truck faggotry?

Can someone explain this lifted truck faggotry?

Doesn't raise your center of gravity? Isn't it a pain in the ass to get into? What does it really accomplish if only the frame and body are higher, but all the suspension and struts aren't? Isn't the idea of more ground clearance, not the same amount?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vdky1ZzCJLc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No more faggotry than any other vehicle post factory modifications

It just makes the small dicked owner feel a little bit better about being a dicklet

I'd say its worse than other mods

Cant turn
Cant tow
Cant offroad
Get shit mileage
everyone knows you have a small dick
Wears out suspension and other parts quicker
Costs a shit ton too

Whats the fucking pro to this?

I hope that faggot with the blue shitty truck with the teeth-grille shows up.

He's a huge faggot. I mean, like a raging ass-rammed faggot.

Lifted trucks are for faggots. It is literally worse than those "stance" faggots.

How's the miata?

I don't really think that lifted truck are worse than stance shit faggots. They are on the same level of faggotry

You must have me mistaken for someone else.

it's a cuck thing, you wouldn't understand.

So glad my country has ricer and gaylordbois mods banned

>hard to get into
Manlet detected

Oh but they are.

Stance faggots own cars that suck to begin with. They're slow, ugly, and sound like shit. Then, they shittify them with awful wheels and ruin the alignment.

Lifted truck faggots take a FUNCTIONAL vehicle and render it totally useless aside from picking up transvestites at a gas station. There's more sin involved in ruining a perfectly good truck than there is in ruining a shitty gook car.

Dude is right

It looks cool though

Either you're being sarcastic or you're a faggot.

Possibly both, who knows.

Check'd though

nice try stancefag

theyre equally stupid

Try again. I've never driven a gookmobile in my entire life. Fuck those thing and fuck the slanty-eyed fuckers who made them.

The objective in offroading is to drive over large obstacles and avoid them hitting your frame between the front wheels and the rear wheels, not to straddle obstacles and clear them with your differentials.

High steel bumpers are also great for killing idiot boyracers but officially that's just a side benefit.

Oh look, a bait thread about lifted trucks where OP is always right

Good thread OP

>can't turn
Not any more or less then a stock truck

>can't tow
This is just retarded

>can't offroad
Certainly can. But it's capabilities are close to what a stock truck is, save better ground clearance and, depending, articulation. But true improvement comes in the drive train mods.

It can get bad mileage, but if you re-gear it right, the mileage loss can be minimized.

Let me tell you, user, if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, any modification, or any car, that doesn't help you get from point a to point b reliably, is a "waste" of money and is objectively "pointless". Luckily though, we don't live in a world were there's only basic cars that only do the bare minimum to work as they should. The guy down the street with a lowered vw rabbit, is a waste of money, but, I assume, he likes it, that's how he wants it, so whatever. The clown driving the 15 year BMW with rims is wasting his money, but he likes it so whatever. All the gay civics and ricers, the jacked trucks and Jeeps, the high performance foreign and domestic cars, are all wastes of money, but we like them, so, whatever.

>lifted truck allows for bigger tires
>bigger tires give vehicle more ground clearance

You might as well say "Turbos are fucking useless ricer garbage shit. They do literally nothing to add power. What does it really accomplish to add a turbo if you don't have enough fuel to do anything with it?"

its like stance

but gayer and more tryhard and almost exclusively for cucks

>select all images with pickup trucks

kek

How are you gonna tow a gooseneck or fifth wheel with a jacked up truck? Are you gonna be a double faggot and Jack up the trailer too?

Are you being intentionally ignorant or are you just retarded?

And a Fifth wheel?

>implying more then 20% of truck owners actually tow either of those.

You can still tow a normal or large trailer with a lift. Also, keep in mind, that not all lifts are 9". You can lift a truck 3 inches to put the next size tire on and still be effective.

Regardless, lifted vehicles, sports cars and ricers are all recreational vehicles. They're recreational because they sacrifice a service, or limit a service, to increase a not so needed aspect, like appearance, speed, power or lift. You wouldn't say to the corvette driver "but you can't transport a family of 5!". This is obvious, and a trade off for owning a recreational vehicle. Stancers lose alot of functionality for their gay cars but it's what they want, so whatever. Lifted trucks still keep alot of the original functionality, and although you can't tow a 5th wheel (lol), it doesn't make it any less of a recreational vehicle. Who cares. If they like the look then whatever.

except lifted trucks still have the potential to do something, even if the majority of them don't, whereas stanced cars are 100% useless

You don't tow fifth wheels with lifted trucks and you don't go offroading with dualies. Not every truck need do everything. You're grasping at straws.

Mall crawlers lift trucks to distract from small penises's. Mild lifts are good for clearance. Huge lifts are for muddin. The fucking trashyest motorsport ever. I guess it could be OK but you pack every inch width mud and it will never go away.

You cant read very well can you?

But most lifted trucks aren't taken off road, they're more clean than my BMW is.....

Lifting still reduces load carrying capacity though, heavy loads will induce the truck to drag ass, and off road/lifted springs can't be made to be as rigid and still be off road worthy.

So what

What is with this notion that lifted truck = OFF-ROAD ALL THE TIME 24/7/365 ?

It's a favorite for failed normies. Robots and other autists know lifted trucks are objectively stupid, but the failed normie uses it to compensate for their small penis and to try to get attention from normies.

Well as much as it costs to do and how badly those tires get chewed up by roads, it doesn't make sense to DD, but yet you see them doing exactly that.

Moreover you see standard no lift or very little lifted jeep and rangers offroad more than you see your standard Brotruck.

>Doesn't raise your center of gravity?
Yes it does. And?

>Isn't it a pain in the ass to get into?
Depends on how tall it is and how crippled you are.

>What does it really accomplish if only the frame and body are higher
Room for larger tires. Large tires make for small obstacles. Everything is relative. Then of course the larger tires also raise everything else up. In addition to that, moving the body and frame up improve clearance and angles. If you're literally fucking retarded and think a single measurement of the lowest point of a vehicle is a measure of capability, then I can see how you'd think it's not very helpful. However as it so happens, capability is quite a bit more complex than that. Not TOO complex, but far more complex than what you obviously think it is. It's not just a single measurement you can compare to see which is bigger or smaller. There's a lot of geometry involved, and what it is ideal is greatly determined the specific type of use the truck is going to be used for. And no, "offroading" is not specific.

>Isn't the idea of more ground clearance
I've already went over how lifts by themselves do improve clearance, and how they allow for further improvements in clearance. But since you think "ground clearance" is all that matters, it's clear you do not understand the use that you're trying bash the mods for. By your logic, why put a spoiler on a race car when it increases drag and reduces top speed? Isn't the entire point to go fast? Yes, that's how fucking stupid you sound. Most race cars are not designed to maintain the highest top speed with no regard for cornering, acceleration, or stability. Similarly, most lifted trucks are not designed to pass over boxes of varying heights on an otherwise flat, hard, high traction surface. Tire height, flotation, rolling resistance, suspension travel, all come into play in varying amounts depending on the terrain. Lifting a truck is about finding that balance that best suits your needs.

explain donk

Niggers.

Donk = Niggified Niggermobile

Lifted Truck = White version of niggermobile. Slightly more function but still fucking retarded

/thread

>as much as it costs to do
As much as it costs to do, I'd rather spend that money on doing it and having the capability when I want it than buying a separate DD and not having any money left over to do the modifications necessary to achieve that capability on either one.

>how badly those tires get chewed up by roads
My old 37s were a mix of an All Terrain and Mud Terrain pattern. They wear slower than the All Seasons I had previously.

>standard no lift or very little lifted jeep and rangers
You see more of the more affordable stuff? That's your point?

And they're also not used for towing, so why does it matter if they can't tow a 5th wheel.

Probably 90% of lifted trucks never see anything but dirt roads, but that doesn't fucking matter. Most lowered cars never see tracks. It's their vehicle.

And that doesn't mean you can't have a functional lift. My ranger is lifted 3 inches and fits 33 inch tires. The side steps are barely above knee height, and I can tow anything just fine with a 3 inch drop hitch. It made a huge difference off road, it looks good, and it still tows good. In fact I recently towed a 4200 pound car on a trailer without any issues. No idea what the trailer weight was, but I'd assume all together it was around 4500-700 pounds. That about the most I personally ever see myself towing.

>fire department crest

>has some religious christfaggotry on it

Fuck that, if I pay taxes that pay your salary you take that jesusfreak SHIT on off public buildings.

If you don't have the fuel to back up your turbo install you will destroy your engine.

That is a poorfag shit tier trailer, and they haul so terribly it's almost unbelievable. Only the poorest hicks buy a 5th wheel with non-recessed axles.

>not lifted all that much maybe 2-6ins over stock height.

>>not lifted all that much maybe 2-6ins over stock height.
Oh so you mean like nearly every lift kit? And clearly if your measly brain hasn't realized yet, anybody whos lifting more than that doesn't plan on towing a trailer.

Don't bring the Tacoma into this you faggot. He is talking about Bro truckers with 6+inch Lifts and 22in rims with "off-road tires". Nothing is wrong with a Tacoma with a 3in Icon/Fox kit and 33s wrapped on 16in steelies or trd wheels. These trucks get used for the most part. That shit in OPs pic is not the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=vdky1ZzCJLc

As you can see, size doesn't matter. A massive Duramax Superduty can't pull a mid size SUV with a powerful motor.

>Offroad tires on asphalt
Take that contest ten feet to the left or right and the outcome will be very different

>duramax superduty

Kill yourself

>with a powerful motor.
If both vehicles have enough power to break the tires loose then power is not what you're competing for, traction is. Having power sent to all four wheels and having some sort of traction aiding device or system plays a much larger role than power.

>Lifting still reduces load carrying capacity though
By itself, no it does not.

>heavy loads will induce the truck to drag ass
Just like they do with a stock truck.

>and off road/lifted springs can't be made to be as rigid and still be off road worthy
Yes, they can. Most 1/2 ton trucks have springs that are designed for a smooth ride, not for towing or off road "worthiness".
Most lifts come with an AAL which actually increases the spring rate.

Fuck you. Duramax, Cummins, Powerstroke. Rather be cummin than stroking. I don't give a fuck. They are all in the super duty category. I wasn't referring to a ford.

Super Duty is a platform, not a class.

Thank you. Heavy Duty.

There is no middle ground.

What is the honda civic of trucks

i just want to haul around my atv for cheap+reliable

A lifted truck is the ricer version of a redneck hick.

taco

tacoma, f150, chevy silverado if you can find it with low miles or well maintained. taco is my favorite because american made shit is always shit.
>bottomline find any truck with low miles and your set
stay the fuck away from the chevy colorado

A lot of oilfield guys out here lift their trucks a few inches because drive on all sorts of terrain and caliche roads can get sketchy. A lift also makes sense of you do crawling as a hobby.

It's dumb as a symbol of masculinity, though if it's redneck girls you're after, stupidly lifted trucks are panty droppers.

It's a balance.

A megalift does fuck the center of gravity and brings other issues.

But a modest lift with good tires, shocks and springs helps the truck offroad better.

still more reliable than anything else

>Tacoma isn't American-made

wat

Truck stance.

>tacoma
>cheap
It's like paying the Cummins tax without even getting a Cummins.

If you want cheap, stay away from Toyota.
If you want reliable, stay away from 90s 1/2 tons, anything midsize, and Dodge automatics.

I'm using the term reliable as a relative term. As in compared to the average truck, not compared to the average FWD 90s sedan that's been beat on by 15 owners.

Your favorite midsize pickup may be reliable compared to an SC2 or a Dakota, but it's not when you compare it to a 3/4 ton under the same conditions.

Personally I'd recommend a 90s 8 lug GM RCLB. If you don't mind doing an axle swap or driving a manual, a 1/2 ton 5 speed would be great with a 14 bolt. Or if you're going to treat it like most people treat Tacomas, the stock 10 bolt should hold up fine, maybe even with the G80.

Super Duty is a great platform, but pricey.

keep telling yourself that

nice ranger, bro

>american made shit is always shit.
No. The American made 80s/90s FWD midsize sedan shitboxes are shit because they were built down to a price and size with economy in mind over long term reliability. They were not designed to be worked for 25 years and keep going. Manufacturers did not take pride in them, they built them out of necessity.

American trucks on the other hand, manufacturers did take pride in and for the most part, they're built to last. Built with doing work in mind rather than worrying primarily about economy.

This is why judging vehicles based on brand or country of manufacture shows just how much of a fucking retard you are when it comes to automobiles.

R A N G E R
A
N
G
E
R

>you don't go offroading with dualies.

Why exactly is this? I was always under the impression it would make a good offroader with the right set of all terrains or mudgrippers with the amount of contact with the road it gets.

Help?

duallies are good on loose surfaces, the bigger contact patch helps the truck not to sink

thats partially why monster trucks float

it's called "leaving the truck fucking stock

Bigger contact patch does not mean more traction. Twice the contact patch means half the pressure.

There's a bit more stability but it's generally not worth the significant increase in track width. Running a 12.50 tire instead of a 9.50 on a SRW truck is nothing. But to keep them from rubbing on a DRW truck you've got to space them out. With a 2" spacer you're now essentially running a 27" wide tire. And you're not going to be able to air them down very far unless you go even wider.

As far as traction and flotation go, the gap between the rear tires is more harm than good. If that's the route you want to go, you're better off just running wide tires on all four corners of a SRW truck.

Does not compute.

it's called "leaving the truck fucking stock"

>Moving the goal-posts

>Not reading the OP
>Not realizing that he was talking about massively lifted trucks and not puny lifts

underrated post

Strangely enough, it is built in America even though Toyota is Japanese.

the lifted truck thing is a mudding style, yes?

Depends on what you mean by offroading. If you're driving in the vast openness of the Midwest then it will probably perform just as good, if not better, then normal trucks. But dullies are wider, so they're not as good for trails. Actually, full size trucks in general aren't as good for trails. If you want a good off road vehicle, get a midsized pickup or suv. Shorter wheel base and overall length means more maneuverability and more clearance on tighter paths. It also generally means a lighter vehicle, so you don't dig yourself into loose sand or mud.

>Not any more or less then a stock truck

>"Raising my center of gravity doesn't affect handling hurr durr"

Are you retarded?

That goes without saying lol since we are talking about offroad trucks it makes more sense to comment on their ability to handle offroad.

Giving "has to make wider, slower turns on the pavement" as an argument against lifted trucks is like saying "they aren't good offroad" as an argument against sports cars.

Except people off road don't have to deal with faggots in sports cars. People in sports cars, however, do have to deal with faggots in lifted trucks.

>People in sports cars, however, do have to deal with faggots in lifted trucks.

Public streets aren't a race track, why do you need a "sports car"? Silly boyracer.

Is having to run 60psi in your stretched tires so you don't blow the tires off the rims when you go over train tracks at 3mph any better?

I'd gladly take bro trucks over faggots in sports cars and stancefags that can't properly drive on slightly rough roads.

You guys hate each other yet you're exactly the same.

I only used the term sports car because that's the term user used. And no, lifted trucks are just as bad as stance. Why? I've never had to wash my car after a stancefag rolled coal in front of me.

Muricans don't understand basic physics: even when you lift your truck your axles are still at the same level as they used to be. Somehow their made in Mexico turds are still inferior in their offroading capabilities to picrelated. Frankly, it's a miracle muricans managed to get to the Moon... oh wait: that was Von Braun who was german...

Regular trucks can have a fifth wheel too, it's not restricted to duallies

Anything can have a fifth wheel that doesn't make it a good idea

We're talking about DDing lifted trucks, not benchracing them.You're not pushing a truck to it's limits DDing it so the slight reduction in such a limit will never come into play. It literally does not matter, and yet you continue to grasp at that straw without even understanding it.

>behind the rear axle
The lifted truck would handle better, but that almost looks like it might be on a truck frame.

There a varied types of "lifted" trucks/suvs. I got news for you, if you are scared to get it dirty, it's the wrong kind of lifted. So sick of these "bro trucks" with the cali lean.