What is the fucking purpose of these things?

What is the fucking purpose of these things?
Nobody actually bothers using them, right?

the first mod i do is remove it to be honest

i open it so heat gets out quicker when i leave my car in the sun

Congratulations
You're retarded

I'd probably use it more if I didn't completely forget it was there.

Easiest way to ash the blunt familia

I use mine frequently to water the interior

I love having them. Volkswagen EOS really has me sold. Too bad it's not a great car.

I don't really care for them enough to search for it, but they're a nice add-on to have.

Maybe it's rainy out and you wanna vent some air, use the tilt option.

Beautiful day outside with all the windows down and the sunroof open

You're trying to fingerbang molly mcdickbiter at make out point, just recline the seats, open the roof, let her watch the stars as you awkwardly try to rummage through your first set of panties.

>crack sunroof
>crack back windows

It's like you don't even want the perfect air flow throw your car on a nice day.

Being tall, I can't own a car with one. They lower the ceiling height.
Plus, it's more insecure glass, and 'more parts to fail' as the americans put it.

You're an idiot

Lights up the interior mostly. Also nice to open on a cooler day or evening.

Mine is always on tilt.

Whenever I drive a car without a sunroof or without a fixed roof placement I feel claustrophobic in it.

My last car had one. I used it all the time until the shitty plastic drive gears stripped out in it and it got stuck halfway open. I finally got it forced shut and I haven't messed with a sunroof since.

>I only appreciate options that effect the performance of a car

I tilt mine up every time I get in my car.
Not even sure why I do it.
Pretty much a habit at this point.

A moonroof is really nice. You can have an open window without adversely dragging the car, get some fresh air, hear the sounds outside clearly, look up at the stars. Comfy/10

Never ever ever ever buy an Eos. I work at a VW dealership and we have to have a special technician who solely deals with eos's because they have to come into service so often. Both mechanically and for the convertible top only. He consistently has his 4 bays full. You've been warned.

I had one in my first car and i always had it open
Nice to get some fresh air in

>I have one on my truck
>always forget its there

I like'em and all my cars have had one. Problem is, no one does maintenance on them and then this happens:

If you take time, as intended, and perform the recommended maintenance (yes the manufacturers do have plans for them) no problems whatsoever.

Only had clogged drains on my first car cause I didn't knew also, since then, worries free.

As I see them, I like the extra light, and the possibility of having a vent without having to have the awful wind noise from an open window.

That's because you dealer is populated in stupid inbred fucks.

I too had an EOS, bought it second hand, the rood leaked. Took it in to a VW service center they needed a week and a special tech had to come in, picked it up and the fucking roof was still leaking.

Got the elsawin and erwin papers and took a weeked to go through it with a friend at home, guess fucking what? My roof is leak free and doesn't rattle anymore.

Fuck the greasemonkeys at the workshops. More than half the time they know less with someone with half a brain a computer and interest in getting shit done right.

Pic related is the evolution of the sun roof.

Functionally the sun roofs air flow contribution is negligible our minimal at best compared to just rolling down your windows.

Aesthetically and emotionally is where they shine. They light up the interior, provide you with a view out when you look up, opening up the space and eliminate the feeling of being boxed in.

Glass roofs will be the next big thing in auto soon.

>I like'em and all my cars have had one. Problem is, no one does maintenance on them and then this happens:

Mine actually broke about a week ago. Opened it about 3 inches and then it wouldnt go any further or close again. So basically i had to shove it close. it still leaks a little when it rains but hardly if ever. Now it needs to be fixed. im dreading the amount of money ill have to dish out.......

I could see this happening but they're going to need some really strong glass

Why is OP salty that he doesn't have fun? I use mine everyday and bitches love it

Chicks probably appreciate it more. I bought a car two months ago and have yet to open the sunroof.

>Volkswagen EOS
I drove my mom's to the store one time. Couple of douchbags yelled at me "Nice car, faggot!"

Will never forget.

If it leaks you have clogged drains.

Get a somewhat hard electrical cable, look at the sunroof corners and stuff that in till you clear the blockage. If you car has lower end of the drain directly accessible start from there, it's the easiest route. Usually it's the front drains that clog. Last resource measure is to remove the A/C pillar trim and work directly into the drain itself.

You can also have a drain hose disloged, but that is easily noticeable simple pouring some water into the drain holes.

If the mechanism broke, you start by doing maintenance on it and avoid getting to that situation in the first place.

Periodically clean the tracks and lube them with some proper sunroof grease. Now that you have problems you'll have to remove the glass, usually three bolts each side, if you''re lucky, something broke in the accessible parts of it and you don't need to remove the curtain, get the parts reinstall them, reinstall the roof. Easy as pie. Check manufacturer recommendations for proper resting tilt (usually 1 mm lower than the bodywork at the front and two to three above at the back) to eliminate wind noises...

It's not that hard and people make it more complicated than it is.

>Glass roofs will be the next big thing in auto
I will laugh my ass off when some middle-America retard buys one of these and gets the whole roof shattered by hail damage.

>live in area with excessively hot summers
>interior of car literally melts, then catches on fire when you park car in sun

seems like a great idea... there'd be no way for a puny vehicle a/c unit to keep the interior of that car cool in direct sunlight and 100F+ temperatures.

most sunroofs, and glass roofs for sure are athermic

stop being an uncultured fuck

>Muh women
How's it feel still being in highschool?
I hate your kind.

Nah senpai.

Its not like it would be windshield glass which shatters into tiny pieces for very specific reasons. Although windshield is lami glass to a degree it also has different characteristics due to safety regulations.

They could easily make the roof lami glass that would crack but maintain its structural integrity. The technology is old and relatively cheap.

Hail hits metal roof and dents it, you have to body shop it out. Hail hits glass roof and cracks it, get whole roof replaced with new glass pane just like windshield.

That being said gov safety could demand standards that fuck it all up. Who knows.

I said that chicks probably appreciate it MORE. Relax, sir.

Nothing better than a really warm evening after it's beenbraining all day, and driving sound at night with all the windows and sunroof open listening to Radiohead.

Ugh, you should definitely eat a pot brownie 30minutes beforehand too

Dumb fuck.

Google ceramic tint.

I bet a glass roof could probably keep the car cooler than a metal roof.

can you water me please?

Maybe. Just sayin... Cities like Dallas and OKC get some savage storms.

Open the windows on one side of your car. Open, wait a few seconds, and then close the doors on the opposite side. You are sucking cold air through the windows when opening the door and pushing hot air out when closing them.

This is literally the fastest and most efficient way of equalizing the air temp oof your car interior.

>tfw I used to smoke weed all the time in high school and actually enjoyed it
>can't anymore cuz I get too paranoid
Probably because I have adult responsibilities now :-(

>sir
And your a Reddit fag to boot. Jesus.
Go back there and discuss what superficial things will make a woman be interested in you for a brief moment.

Ya true. Hail damage is the worst man.

You're a fucking faggot too.
Bitches love it bro, getting poon. Taking them to pound town.
Get me another brewsky brah

>Reddit fag
>Literally never posted on Reddit in my life
Why so triggered? Notice how you're the only person who was hurt by my comment.

>seeing some guy doing this in a parking lot for 2 minutes

I chuckled.

I raise it up so I look cool. That's all.

>Using literally for emphasis
You did it again, trigger man.

>using literally for emphasis
>this desperate for ammo

No it just really pisses me off. I'd like to slap the face of every dumb millennial that spews it from their Starbucks scented face hole

Do you really not understand that most people on here are a bit sarcastic when they say literally? Are you that autistic?
>braces for objection to use of "autistic"

>Le merely pretending to be retarded XD

>was pretending
Lol. I suppose that's an easy out for you.

Not even him, but
>lol

>What is the fucking purpose of these things?
To leak after two years and convince you to buy a new car

Hardcore SJW, but wanna lick her box asap

>wanting to drive a car that is a literal oven
>wanting MORE light in the interior
No thanks, it's bad enough in a car with tinted windows and a solid roof. 9 months out of the year it's 2hot and 2bright.

what breed of dog is that?

this

fucking glorious

>effect

I had one on my old S-series. It was nice to have the airflow, since it was a coupe and there were no rear windows to crack open. Too bad after a couple of years it failed. Like an idiot I had them replace it and, of course, after a couple years it failed again.

It was one like this SL's. They used plastic parts to connect the sunroof to the rails, where it raises up the back, so a couple years of normal opening and closing and the plastic would crack and break. I should have replaced the parts with aluminum when it broke, but I was young and stupid and it was my first new car. After it failed the second time I didn't want to even bother taking apart all the interior just to get it.

I'd consider a sunroof if I found a car that I already liked, but otherwise it's mostly just a feature that I can use to knock a price down a little bit on something that doesn't have one.

I only crack the roof on my Lexus. Probably less risky than fully-opening it on a regular basis.

Love my sunroofs. Both my cars have them. Come to think of it, Ive only had one car without one. Cars feel clustered and dark to me now without it.

Set up the car to tilt up tje roof, crack one of the back windows like 3 inches and start the fan with the keyfob. Drive with that glorious airflow that des not affect the areo of the car. Never using AC. Get out that weed smell a couple blocks from work.

I slide the cover back to let more light in, but pretty much never open the glass.

What shitty car did you buy where the sunroof leaked after 2 years?

>What is the fucking purpose of these things?
Let's think about this for a quick second.

SUN. ROOF.

It lets in sun.

Congrats, you're a mental deficient.

>surface temperature 5,778 K
>letting it get in your car
Who's the real mental deficient?

For makeshift convertibles.

I use mine almost every day. I tend to my windows down so its nice to open the roof too. It's also fantastic for looking at the stars since I like going to the mountains.

Good job

>go to mountains
>sit inside car

Why not bring a lawn chair or hammock?

I had a monte carlo with one and I borrowed a friend's grand prix with one.

They're great to have open on a cool night, but I found out I had a mild OCD where I need to go out and check if it's closed when it rains.

It's a FAMAS

They're great though

>be a really cold day
>turn heat on
>open sunroof to have cool air come in
>nice brief breezes of ice cold air inbetween the heat

It feels pretty amazing honestly. It's like a nice cool drink on a hot day.

>be hot day and car in sun for a few hours
>inside is now full of hot air
>open sunroof and set A/C to low
>close sunroof after a little while and all the hot air has escaped

But wouldn't that create a storm inside your car?

this

FUCK OFF REDIT SHITLORD

To make the interior of your car a literal hellscape in Florida

All it does for me is introduce another way for heat to get it my car. Right now it won't even close without using the wrench that came with it. It's just been a pain in the ass to be honest. During the day there is no reason for having it open, unless you want to be roasted alive. At night there is no reason to open it either, since there is a chance for debris/water/bird shit to get in.

I really want to replace it with a solar panel as a supplement to my electrical system.

kek, this. I can't leave mine out in the rain anymore. CBA to take the whole interior apart to find what poorly engineered 1/32" tube is clogged.

>not driving around on a sunday evening, listening to your favorite album while having the sunroof open

I would never ever buy a car without a sunroof again. I wish my car had an AC for longer journeys but for driving through the countryside or in town a sunroof is just the best thing.

I'm literally only keeping my Tc over getting an FR-S because of the sunroof

Can confirm, at the old shop I worked at this old dude had constant issues with his

>buy an old car
>tried to find a slicktop but had to settle for a sunroof
>only rust on the car is on the sunroof
>works fine for a while
>starts to leak one day
>clean the drains, adjust it
>no longer leaks
>couple of months later go to open it
>won't open
>now only works in tilt mode
Oh well at least it doesn't leak anymore. If I could weld worth a shit I would remove the mechanism and weld it shut.

Use mine everyday. Sorry the manual one on your 1992 Corolla leaks.

I swear I'm going to just weld a piece of diamond steel plate over the top of my Integra and call it a day.

Yeah, corolla...

That's a fucking dingo ya cheeky Bogan cunt

My friend has one for his wife. It's a pity that's the only car on the market with both a convertible top and sunroof.
My Prelude has a sunroof and I go out of my way to buy cars with them. My pre-flood Mazda3s? Had a sunroof.

didnt you buy that car for like 5k
corollas cost more.

>flood
Houstonigger?

dumb place to add weight on a sports car

doesn't matter on a sedan obviously, but whenever I see a 911 with one I shake my head.

>Not realizing that most cars with panoramic sunroofs/glass roofs have motorized sunshades for them.

>having a fuckhueg sunroof
>always having to leave the shade closed
Then what's the fucking point of having the sunroof? I'd rather have the weight savings, stiffer chassis, and no potential leaks if I'm just going to end up having it closed all the time.

I do sometimes depending on the weather. I go up at night most of the time and it can get really fucking cold. I like to smoke a few bowls and its safer/less obvious to be in the car

What else are you going to pop open when cruising downtown?

Use mine all the time. It's kind of a tease in my daily though, the fucking glass panel is way bigger than the opening. Every one of my car in the US has a sunroof. I do need to lubricate the tracks soon.

My sports car has a sunroof but it only tilts open. I can take it all the way out and the frunk has brackets to hold it in place. The way that car is designed if I have the roof tilted no water gets in even if it's raining. I enjoy sitting in it during the rain with the roof tilted open.

Best sunroof coming through.