/ovg/ - Sick Tricks Edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about your sexuality and gender identity!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E22C_JRmGtw
gtplanet.net/gt-sport-will-not-feature-dynamic-time-or-weather
twitter.com/Cpt_Slow/status/737089956087246848
wikihow.com/Play-Gran-Turismo-4
youtube.com/watch?v=XFl0HwA5CoY
game.raceroom.com/championships/5
imgur.com/a/GT6mB
youtube.com/watch?v=zgd3h38oN7I
youtu.be/8Nxwn3OHkEw?list=LL6-4mQCwua252RygfVpEvoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for big red
youtube.com/watch?v=E22C_JRmGtw

2nd for big red racing

FORMULA 1 IS RIGGED

amx

WOOHOO

14 posts until the thread is derailed to talk about james

gtplanet.net/gt-sport-will-not-feature-dynamic-time-or-weather
finished, over, finitio, James will be president

>police chase simulator
>rally simulator with thermodynamics
>flight simulator with real-time damage
>monster truck simulator with tire deformation, crush and tear physics

there is nothing BeamNG cannot do.

/ovglfs/ when?

/ovgwreckfest/ when?

If you haven't done this yet what are you doing with your life

If you haven't done this yet what are you doing with your life

See that little green tent in the backround? That's the place me and James "bonded" with valrys.

>The City of Carl

Ok, I'm going to install rfactor. I've read the wiki but I've got some doubts.

What version should I install? Lite, ultralite?

Whats with multiple installs and mods? I mean do I have to have one install per mod ore how does it work?

>they don't race for fun
twitter.com/Cpt_Slow/status/737089956087246848

Oh and does it work on W10?

>pcars
>fun

Hey captain shit can you stop spamming that shit game, thank you!

if it would not be fun, James would not own EVERY DLC for it

someone has to sponsor me that Fanatec wheel you know

>bringing James in the arguement to prove a point
>implying his opinion matters

why are you guys still obsessed with this guy?

>stop having fun
>don't banter
>stop bumping the thread

>fun is being obsessed with a guy who is mentally unstable
>call it banter cause he can't argue back not have a valid point
Yeah sounds fucking fun doesn't it

Delusional polish man thinks everyone has the same opinion as him and is convinced that no one has never actual tried the game themselves.

I do agree it is annoying when people posting about his website or him in general derail the thread and cause drama. One of the reasons I have not been staying around the thread much lately.

I used to play with game with my dad on his old PC like 17 years ago, and since then I couldn't remember the name of it. Thank you user, this reminds me of the good times I used to have with my dad.

April 30th 2016

Mike Campbell unfairly banned by the shadow government.

Today we remember this man.

REAL picture of BARNEY GUMBALLS

wikihow.com/Play-Gran-Turismo-4

guys check out this guide i made
:p

>no public beta
>no dynamic lighting at least
>PS4 'blank canvas' isn't holding-up (same sounds)

The back-pedaling continues for Kaz

This is gonna be a stretch, but does anybody have the download for the latest Drift Stage version? It's a simple drifting arcade game that was funded on Kickstarter. It's like $15 through Humble Bundle to get the latest version but I'd rather buy the full game when it comes out and I already bought a Drift Stage long sleeve. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=XFl0HwA5CoY

WHEN?

Made a quick conversion of Duquoin to test the dirt physics. Its going to be a massive headache and will take a while. Fuck me

Will the dirt tires from ARCA work in rf2?

Might be worth it to have a look at the dirt tires from the DLM 2 mod for rF1.

How do you even survive being such a retard

>ASRX, rF1, and rF2 suddenly don't share similar file formats and architectures

O.K.

You stooped fucks make too many simultaneous /ovg/ threads. Retards.

>Rf2 doesn't use an entirely new tire model

>mfw

Even ignoring the helpful screenshots with the helpful arrows, that's probably the worst advice on how to start playing GT4 (or any Gran Turismo) you could possibly give
>buying car immidieatly without doing licenses to get the price cars from that
>doing the sunday cup over and over instead of other cups
>sunday cup as main way to grind money
>selling your car after only doing the sunday cup and buying a random new one

>inb4 he didn't understand how licenses work

Fuck me I had a huge post written then I tapped the wrong thing on my phone and lost it all fuck my shit up

No. In RF2, the RF1 tyre model is only used for AI cars, referencing relatively inconsequential things like initial temperature and pointing the game towards the RF2-spec tyre file.

I also found out earlier today that the Truck series at Eldora not only uses wider tyres than normal, they're also bias-ply instead of radial AND they're smaller in the left compared to the right side to give the Trucks a bit of stagger. This sadly makes the ISI Stockcar rain tyre completely inappropriate to represent this type of racing as it is, although it can probably be reworked to a more realistic spec.

In slightly better (or not) news, after some research I strongly believe that the tracks can do the thing where it starts out "tacky" and gets more "slick" as it goes on, putting down rubber on more extreme cases, changing the racing line dynamically with a cushion forming and everything. Its pretty depressing how underexplored rFactor 2's potential is. It shouldn't be up to a random autist on a Cambodian Cave Drawings website to do this shit.

Fun times ahead.

you're waifu is not even fast and you suck

but valrys is fast

maybe to throw a tantrum

Reminder that Mercedes is hosting an event in R3E where you can get to drive a real race car if you will win/be choosen

There are still bits and pieces of tire info you can pull from rF1 to get a baseline going. It's STILL worth it to have a look at other "dirt" tires.

I've had some luck with pulling Hoosier data in the past, I'll see if I can find anything on their dirt tires as there doesn't seem to be anything out there for Goodyear's stuff. I have a feeling the tires they use for the trucks at Eldora are probably some special one-off tire that won't have any public information anyways.

game.raceroom.com/championships/5

That's so everyone else will lose control and crash out on the puddles of tears.

>The best four female and best four male entrants in the online championship will be invited to the last DTM race weekend of 2016 at Hockenheim where they will compete in the online finals against the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers.
Time to do a valrys

desu you'd probably be surprised how many good female drivers there are in simracing. They're just not hanging out on Veeky Forums, they're all at iRacing.

>desu

The fuck is wrong with you?

I was baka desu senpai

imgur.com/a/GT6mB

Use this. If the game crashes, the re-install it without the essentials, and manually download realfeel.

/ovgmysummercar/ when?

Automobilista is on sale at steam
should I get it?

no, get project Corsa instead

I think that 26€ is still too expensive for what basically is rfactor 1 but if you don't have that already, it might be worth it

>be me
>see boxed version GSCE in store lying around for months
>Automobilista releases
>boxed version of GSCE dropped to 5€
>wasn't sure if I could still get Automobilista for free by being a GSCE owner
>bought it anyway
>activated the key
>nothing happened (it was ~1 month after they stopped giving Automobilista to GSCE owners for free)
>1 week later
>realize Automobilista is in my Steam library (the Steam key from the boxed version was probably old enough for it to still count)
>have no idea when it got added
>got Automobilista for 5€

If boxed versions of GSCE are still in a store somewhere around you, and if they're cheap, I guess you could try that out aswell

Get it, it's good. And shit is changed enough from GSC that it's no longer rF1 with mods like that other user said. I paid full price for it and have no regrets.

I really like the new Gran Turismo!

only AC would have backfire that anticlmactic

it's only a beta bro

it's assetto cornetto m8

So, is genuinely no one going to make another sportscar series around here? Is there nothing in the works?

why? Trueno is fun fun fun

/ranwec/

JDM challenge on AC is one idea, but I'm moving this week so can't host shit until setup is complete.

youtube.com/watch?v=zgd3h38oN7I
Since James and Stefano are obsessed with each other can I expect a sad/entertaining article on PRC soon?

Excuse me, but some of us like the levin too.

People like you are why this general gets a bad rep and has declined in the last year or so. Thread is going fine and you need to bring up senseless drama for no reason so you can proceed to circle jerk in the thread.

Jackie Veeky Forums put a thing in so t b h becomes desu

We made it into the livestream from the Nürburgring 24h

/ovgt3/ 3.0 when

kek'd

>tfw no friends to go to the Nürbugring with

>tfw not even on the right continent
At least I'll be at Interlagos this year

Hopefully never

F1 fun to watch again when?
youtu.be/8Nxwn3OHkEw?list=LL6-4mQCwua252RygfVpEvoA

its already like that today, nico rosberg and lewis hamilton do that exact same thing every other week.

>that line-up

eugh

Wait you can buy it off humble bundle?
Might buy it and post

>muh bring back Senna
>muh dominance is bad
get bent m8
Although I'll agree, endurance is miles better.

endurance is boring as fuck and requires little skill, the driver just have to be consistent

>Senna
>1979

>download Drift Spirits
>support for International version has ended
>download Japanese version
>can't start the game because update
>can't update the game because lolregion
>apparently I can manually update but don't know where or how
what the fuck am I supposed to do? is there any worthy Android game that's fun and has licensed cars?

Touge 2 when

Where?

>my city

what games have Vancouver and Montreal in them?

Emulate GT

>phoneposting

a fornicating leaf

For a moment I thought you were talking about this and got hyped up.

already tried and PPSSPP is sluggish, can't handle the 60FPS

Why? You can emulate or play it on a PS2 which are dirt cheap.