First car

Is VW Polo a good choice as a first car for a city slicker? I'm specifically looking at the 1.2 TSI and DSG variant.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/64280/most-reliable-cars-2016
autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/91220/the-most-and-least-reliable-car-manufacturers-2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, avoid anything from VW, they are shit. Get a Miata.

As a brand new car?
It has small boot/trunk.

Are you retarded?

But yeah, avoid atleast new VW. They're not worth the money. If you want VAG car you should look into skoda or seat. Also even though DSG isn't as shitty as it used to be i would still choose manual but thats up to you

>Is VW Polo a good choice as a first car
No

>>Is VW Polo a good choice as my mum's next car
No

>Are VWs with DSG automatic any good
No

>Is VW good
No

OP, don't listen to americans shitting on VW, it has a terrible reputation overseas because their cars are built by mexicans.

In normal civilized lands the VW is perfectly fine, and the Polo is one of the best in its class. It drives woerse than a Fiesta but the interior is not even comperable it's so much better. I wouldn't pick a DSG though, no need for auto in a small car like that.

>no need for auto in a small car like that.

Don't listen to this, you're in the city, manual will be torture.

Lots of Europeans drive a manual, and I'm pretty sure OP is European.

Is the Polo even sold in the US?

If you don't know how to drive a manual you may fuck up either gearbox. The manual manual is cheaper to replace though.

Get a manual. Or even better get something else old and used.

90 something per cent of city cars here are manual. Literally everyone learns to drive in a manual. This is not the us.

Actually manual transmission is getting less popular in europe. I think it's 1:1 to automatic. The only reason people still buy those is price

>1:1 ratio
Maybe if you're referring to new cars, and even with that I doubt it. Counting all cars on the road, should be something like 1 auto for 10 manuals

VWs have always been unreliable and shit even in Europe.
As for the Polo, it failed to be in top 150 in a UK reliability survey. I mean, ONE HUNDRED FIFTY.
What an overhyped tissue box.

autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/64280/most-reliable-cars-2016
autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/91220/the-most-and-least-reliable-car-manufacturers-2016

Of course i was referring to new cars . I don't think you can count 15 year old shitboxes into what's popular today

They are really good , but don't expect them to wow you in any way . They are really comfy tho . Also if , yuropoor , then go for it and ignore the VAG is shit meme , i know a lot of people that have owned VAG cars , I too drive a Golf as a DD and have yet to pay for anything than gas and a service .

DSG is really good in the city , it's almost flawless in shifting . I actually have driven several DSG cars . As for any spoting aplication , in manual mode it's ok i guess and in sport if feels kind of dumb , but it's miles ahead of any torque converter .

Why not? They are still on the roads after all.
But still, just checked the latest sales ratios I could find. Apparently autos still struggle to even reach 20% of sold cars over here.

a new polo will still be more reliable than a 10 year old toyota which Veeky Forumstists will tell you are like clockwork

Good souless car, a bit price for what you get, but hey, vw almost a grown up. What's your budget?

Because they represent what was popular in the age they were made. And even though i got the ratio wrong it still doesn't change the fact auto transmission is being sold more than it used to

Depend how long you're keeping car. All TSI engine has carbon build up after 60k.

>it still doesn't change the fact auto transmission is being sold more than it used to

Never said it did. But we have to take into account used cars are still a major part of our traffic. Hell, over here in Poortugal new car sales pretty much crawled to a standstill. It's been a couple decades since I saw numbers this low

>Automatic transmission on a low horsepower car
I almost feel sorry for the people who buy that shit

>a new polo will still be more reliable than a 10 year old toyota

Well yeah indeed terrorists of ISIS could have been driving a fleet of brand new VWs instead of invulnerable Toyota Hiluxes if you told them that.

>It drives woerse than a Fiesta

>The only reason people still buy those is price
In the USA, manual transmission typically costs extra now. However, some cars have both automatic and "manual" transmission. My car lets you shift into "M" and then you can press buttons on the shifter to change gears manually. You can also disengage the automatic traction control for a more raw experience. The non-raw part of it is the missing feel of shoving the stick around in a gate and the grinding of gears because the "manual" transmission won't let you shift into a speed that is too far out of range. Oh, and you have an automatic clutch since an automatic transmission cabin doesn't have a clutch pedal.

what causes the carbon?
The breather?
Can the carbon be avoided with a vent to atmosphere system?