Toughest decision ever for around 45,000 $:

Toughest decision ever for around 45,000 $:

2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 Mercedes C63, 2014 CLA45

CLS550-
Pro: most luxurious, very clean looking and overall very practical
Cons: Nothing spectacular about car than other 2

C63
Pros: loudest, fastest, most fun to drive, good drifting
Cons: looks identical to other C series, extremely dangerous in bad weather, not practical

CLA45-
Pros: Hybrid between the cls luxury and c63 racy feel, best looking, practical
Cons: CLA has bad reputation among car enthusiasts, poor interior materials

Nigger fuck. Please do not center this thread on the CLA, there was a thread last week full of hate that I dont want. I'm very geared towards the C63 and CLA. I think the C63 would be fun to drive on weekends, but I think its something one gets tired of after a week and revving your engine and driving like an asshat in that car (which the powerful car entices) will get old

FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpRk3h6dcFA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

merc merc merc, why? At least shop around for comparable vehicles.

C63 AMG with warranty.

Barring that, M2 because fuck you user.

>option 4
>save your money, buy a civic

I choose option 4 OP

have you ever considered that maybe the OP wants a driving experience that will put him to sleep?

I've been in love with CLA 45 for a long while now,
but
my hear still leans towards C 63. it's helluwa beast of a car
ofc, C 63 AMG would be the most perfect choice here, but if you are having doubts then go normal.

although it's a shame AMG's don't come in manual -- C 63 AMG would be best shit ever.

The one that shows the direction of mekka.
Inshallah

none of the above... go with a W211 E63... same sound/ performance and experience of the C63, with the added luxury of the CLS

If OP can afford a 40k car there is literally zero point in getting that

my bad missed his price point... then look at the W212 E63... might even be able to swing a Biturbo V8 model at that pricepoint

The only C63 is the AMG, the next step down is the C300 or C350.

E class is luxury, but definitely nowhere near C63 performance.

comparing the w211 E63 vs the C63 of the same era, the E63 was 507hp/465tq vs the C63 451hp/443tq

Mercedes purposely detuned the M156 in the C63 to keep it slower than the much more expensive E63. The C63 being a smaller lighter car could probably edge out over the E63 on a track... but for daily driving use I would take the E63 any day. More comfort, room, and seat of the pants driving you'd be unable to feel the difference.

Source: I have a W211 E63 for a daily driver

Oh, I meant the new E63. They dont compare to a 63.

Im not sure about the old E classes, Im sure theyre good, but I think it's fair to pick a new c63 over a almost 10 year old e63, even if its just solely for looks

for sure... hard to compare the new twin turbo E63's to the old N/A 6.2L of the C63...

My opinion still stands though... I'd highly suggest the OP look into a 2012 E63... last of the old N/A models... and I think hell find it a lot more comfy and offer the same or better performance than the C63

>E class is luxury, but definitely nowhere near C63 performance.

I assumed all mercs were luxury?

What are you looking for exactly? There are plenty of alternatived available that arent merc

>CLS550-Practical

>C63-Not practical

>CLA45-Practical

Implying all these are practical from the start.

>C63
>extremely dangerous in bad weather

What does this even mean?

That if you dirve this car in the rain it will crash crash you automatcially? Maybe if you drive like a fucking moron in bad weather sure.

I think what I said is pretty obvious.

It's a 6.3 L V8 rear wheel drive car that is obviously going to perform much harsher than the AWD cls (4matic) and cla

Nah, it wont, unless you drive like an edgy retarded moron. I own a 2007 C63 AMG and besides winter I didnt have any problem with it. If it snows where you live, be ready to have a car for snow.

Owned it since it was first launched and besides oil and filtres I didnt change almost anything. Definitely go for a C63. Best car IMO

Snows here and I want to DD this car year round. Fuck it's hard because the CLA 45 and c63 are such great cars in their separate ways.

I've never been this split on buying a car. Im trying to decide which one I'll be happier with in the longrun after the purchase.

2017 E-Klasse

But since you listed the AMG performance cars other than the v8 CLS550, I assume you want a sporty merc.

... nothing I can do but tell you to save up some money and wait for a used 2016 C-Class AMG

where the hell do you all live that a C63 only costs $40k ... we have C300s in my area going for 25-30k

from the sound of it, you're worried about reliability first and foremost, so go with the all rounder and then save up like $5k for a sporty beater that you can tune and rice to your heart's content as a project/weekend car.

Get the C63. Also don't even consider the CLA45. It's a godawful car. If you're looking for a cheap, sporty "premium" car then just get an M235i.

Only a moron would choose the CLA45 from this lineup. It's the ugliest and has the worst interior and sound.

Well gonna chip in.

Have one of the first w218's. great looking car. Great gas mileage, great interior. Well built inside and outside. Only a few problems, boring as fuck to drive, hard to get in and out, too quiet inside, transmission shifts too hard when cold, still using PCMIA slots, The Comand version Is shit and head clearance is shit for the backseats. But still, a very beautiful car.

Stay away from the cla turd, go with the c63.

Just get a Lexus

The people in real life love the look of the CLA.

t. my friend had a 250 and got hella reactions.

The people online tend to hate it. It's a love/hate car. I personally like it, especially compared to the C63 which just looks like such an average Mercedes.

>sounds bad
Definitely doesn't sound bad. The crackle is beautiful and is even similar to an Aventador. Just because it isn't deafening to your ears doesn't mean it sounds bad, dont be retarded.

"Normal" people only like it because it's a Merc. Other than the badge, it's a horrible car for the price. It's a high-strung 4 cylinder that's waiting to explode once the warranty is done. The interior is cheap and will definitely rattle over time. It's FWD by default.

>The people in real life love the look of the CLA.
Not the people I know in real life, who hate the pinched off styling and floating ipad mini on the dash.

> I personally like it, especially compared to the C63 which just looks like such an average Mercedes.
Oh shit, are you the guy who wanted the CLA because it looks "youthful" and "new"
Understated styling is A GOOD THING.

>The crackle is beautiful and is even similar to an Aventador.
Holy fucking shit have you never been within 50 miles of a CLA45? It sounds like any other modern turbocharged 4 cylinder with a loud exhaust, an AVENTADOR? Are you DEAF?

>hurr durr don't say loud = good
You illiterate little prick, I said nothing of the sort.

Not him but legit question -
If you're not a 16 year old douchebag going to burn rubber and donuts and drift like an asshat, for what reason would an AWD (fwd-biased) car (which will perform better in weather) be a bad thing?

>The people in real life love the look of the CLA.
Translation:
My badgefag friends love the CLA because it has a 3 pointed star on it

>The people online tend to hate it. It's a love/hate car. I personally like it, especially compared to the C63 which just looks like such an average Mercedes.

Translation:
The C63 isn't flashy and doesn't look "new" so I won't get as much attention. I want people to see that I'm successful and have a *new* car.

>Definitely doesn't sound bad. The crackle is beautiful and is even similar to an Aventador. Just because it isn't deafening to your ears doesn't mean it sounds bad, dont be retarded.

Translation:
I've never heard an Aventador in my life and think that loud exhaust = good sound despite what I just told you. The farty sound of the CLA appeals to me because it is loud. The crackle appeals to me because it's what race cars do.

Get the c63 amg with an akropovic or armytrix exhaust. The car is fucking amazing and shits on the cla and the m4.

>toughest decision every
youtube.com/watch?v=BpRk3h6dcFA

They're both nigger mobiles

But that's the thing, I want the car but do I really want to get it because it sounds good? I dont live in London, if I rev my engine ever I will just look like a massive faggot.

>My badgefag friends love the CLA because it has a 3 pointed star
A used 2013 C63 is same price as used CLA45 so gtfo with badgefagging bullshit.

>c63 isnt flashy. I want to see im successful have a *new* car
That's not why, but your logic is so flawed. Anyone could literally pull that card about anything. Hurr durr if you want the C63 its just bceause you want people to see that your successful with your *loud* engine.

>think that loud exhaust = good
LOL the kid that likes the loud C63 telling me *im* the one that thinks an exhaust is good solely because it's loud. Hilarious.

>getting a car because it sounds good

OP, trust me, if you're not a prepubescent teen with testosterone raging then get the CLA 45.

I watched videos of C63s revving all the time, drifting videos of C63, and everyone recommended a C63 so I got one. The car was amazing --- for the first week. After that I got bored and realized I just looked like a massive faggot revving my engine and doing what the car is praised for. The car is silly for anyone over the age of 12.

The car is powerful, but there is no need for that power on the road unless you're a showy faggot- which is probably why kids online are so ass attached to this car.