Aftermarket Stereos

Why do they have to be ugly? I don't need spaceship instrumentation lighting.

Here you go.

Enjoy, familia

anything 2din that isn't touchscreen?

So close!

Blaupunkt/Bosch make some nice sedate looking headunits

That would get a girl wet.

not op. Just have a 2din. Don't want 1din and I've grown tired of the fairy lights on my 2din unit. pic related.

Probably the least flashy thing Pioneer has for 2din

I feel like a DJ would use it to do live shows for their vinyl set up or whatever.

nice. I'll look into that

The newest Pioneer players are less flashy than the old models, considering swapping out my old one too.

Nice. I've been a big fan of Pioneer's quality for a long time so that's perfect for me.

I just don't want to have to resolder all of the wires for the harness.

Why not just buy a car with a good stereo?

Oh, you're poor?
Maybe if you weren't spending all your money on that old shitbox.
New cars suck, you say?
You've never driven one, have you?
Will the dealership even let you...
Oh, you buy privately. No wonder your car's so rusty.

>Why not just buy a car with a good stereo?
Pretty much no cars have good factory stereos with multiple RCA outputs and low distortion at very high volumes.

>hardwiring a headunit to the factory harness after cutting off the factory clip
>not leaving the factory harness/clip alone and using an aftermarket harness adapter

The only exception I know of is the second gen Scion tC.

Thats what I'm talking about. Using the factory connector with a harness adapter that is soldered to the harness for the headunit.

>assumingtoomuch

You are already cum.

terrible.

Car park raves when?

Whats good?

This is the best looking non-flashy stereo I've ever seen, with the exception of the stock Becker unit in the higher end 190E

>see price
>go flaccid
And I was so close to climaxing.

>$1,499.99

>£1200

It's in the No Poorfags Club.

To be honest, I knew I was a poorfag before I saw that I couldn't afford an overpriced head unit.

The placebo audiophile club

Anyone have the WAT stereo pic?

What's it made of? Platinum? There's no way to justify that price.

It's the sound chips that drive the price up.

>The floor is lava!

Its a SONY..

It's a low volume product, they could only make it so cheap. Top class head units back in the 90s cost similar amounts and that was a lot of money back then.

You can buy genuinely excellent sounding (provided you use flac) head units for £50 new.
Yes they look ricey as fuck, but manufacturers could make them look good for not much more cost.
Really head units should be modular and customisable and give people the opportunity to fit toned down fascias if they so wish.

I see you're almost done with the particle accelerator.

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on fold-out head units?

Liftoff in t minus 3 days

Which doesn't mean anything since it's not a Sony camera.

WHOAO SUPAH SONEEC FIRAH!

Yeah, but these are for people who consider themselves audiophiles.

Uses mp3.

People who buy them have absolutely no taste whatsoever.

it's single DIN, but everyone seems to like it

It's a tad over £100 shipped to the UK

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330593087790

I heard it's also pretty crap quality wise

>no rca out

It looks like a cellphone from 2002

Found the defensive poorfag.

>assuming
>implying

Projecting this much.

Looking for one for my s2000
Best a cheap chinese radio with bluetooth from dealextreme or similiar sites. Dont need flashyness or quality just a working shitradiobox that does its job

try

>tfw like spaceship interiors

Captains log, OP is a faggot.

You can't make this stuff up. He actually likes the fold out flashy stuff.

That's too pricy. Maybe it I'll look good with those expensive restorations of older cars.

The problem with those is that they distort pretty early which is reason enough to not buy them.

Still doesn't match in 99% of car interiors

What is that things name? Brand name?

It sticks out like a mad man.

It's on the front of the unit and in the file name.

>his car doesn't say Hello Dave and suck his dick while it drives him to work while he watches anime on the windshield

Who even needs to drive, it's 2016 for god's sake

>Star date 2000+16
>Complains about driving on an auto board.

what is a quality head unit?
I just need something to control line level outputs. most of the stuff I can buy even up to the 200$ mark has shit tier specs around 10% thd so i may as well just be using an 80s boombox.

how would you remove it if it was flush?

do you care if it looks ricey?
do you need a cd player? digital radio?

>cable lifted off the floor to "reduce noise"
>exposed connections

can't you just use an external DAC and hide it behind the dash?

I dont care. I pretty much just need a volume knob. I mean i could just but a din facia, add some knobs and connect it to a kit board behind the dash. I'd rather spend 200$ on something decent though that will just plug in.

even the expensive units by sony pioneer sound like shit though. like I have a 150$ receiver that is like the bottom of the line for home audio. but it produces better sound than any card audio. i just want my car stereo to stop sounding like a fucking built in PC speaker from the 90s.

Ugh it looks bad

I have this, it's not flashy at all, I changed the color to match the rest of the interior lighting, it's feature rich and runs my aftermarket audio stuff great. There are plenty of good looking head units out there, stop looking for them at best buy,

kenwood kmm-bt312u

As someone in the process of buying a new car, I really don't understand this whole complicated multifunction display and other bullshit built into my radio.
I don't want to have to buy a new $2000 dolor unit after it fails.
Inb4 I should just change cars once the warranty is gone.

actually this has been superseded by the bt315u so that would be better.
basically all of kenwood's latest range are really good in flac mode, and most are cheap ($100 ish)
but still look typically ricey.

>$1500 stereo
>playing lossy shitrips off a phone
top kek

>dollar*
You can run flac off a phone. I doubt he is, but you could.

>he doesn't have 64gb of lossless music on his phone
sounds like someone needs to become better

like any normal radio, you would press a button located in a corner and it would "release or pop out"
see the "eject" button is in the bottom right corner.

>bt315u
a lot of reviews say the screen is practically invisible during the day. seems like a deal breaker. but that said, there isnt that much info about them. in terms of quality. other than what's lifted from the brochure. having worked in an electronics store, everything is always super best ultra quality with over 9000 rams of boost.

>he uses a phone to play music
>he can only have 64gb of music on his device
How's that fisher price DAC treating you? ayy lmao

You're killing me Larry

So ironic the simplest looking of units is the most expensive.

t. zhang hong ping

>using a phone for it's DAC when you paid sony $1500 for some of the best around
>pretending 64gb isn't plenty for the average road trip
How's the delusion treating you Cuthbert?

>DAC
Matters absolutely jack shit when you are connected via USB.

So your phone wasn't made in china? Fucking idiot

>being autistic about audio quality
>in a car where road, wind, and engine noise are all factors

Is that a turbo?

The user I responded to posted about having music on his phone, and I am pretty sure he/she doesn't have music on their phone just to play it while driving, otherwise he/she would have gotten a stereo that can read music off of SD cards.

older models in this line have been tested and got good reviews.
model numbers also vary depending on geographical location.
for example i believe that model is called the bt-502dab in the uk
slightly different tuning for the different radio frequencies etc
but if the screen is a deal breaker so be it, i'd guess most of these will have similar screens.

It's an alternator you newfag

we're referring to this

the post you (or whoever) commented on was referring to this
>he doesn't have 64gb of lossless music on his phone

>reading everything into nothing
I shiggy dat diggy and raise you a giggy.
He asked for advice on head units, not tryhard condescending. Maybe you should take your wife's son out shopping for a new escalade.

No user, you should feel grateful to have been in the digital presence of one of those rich people I've heard exist
baka

Oh yeah, the kind of rich people who maintain their wealth by perusing tibetan wallcarpet weaving forums and telling others they're poor.
Shit, those fuckers truly make the internet great again. :^)
Famalamapai

>To be honest, I knew I was a poorfag before I saw that I couldn't afford an overpriced head unit.

There's no need for an overpriced head unit if you aren't going to get overpriced high-quality speakers and their surrounds as well. A lot of car's have non-ideal spaces for their speakers. To get the best sound, custom surrounds are needed too especially in car doors and rear dash.

>What's Veeky Forums's opinion on fold-out head units?

It depends on the head unit. One advantage is a nice clean front if you aren't running that unit. I've seen some units that operate with that head unit display closed up. But you'll never know if you only armchair surf and complain on Veeky Forums about not having options. Wanna see options? Then go out to the various car audio shops and look at them in person!

It's a radio made for work trucks, so it can't drive large low-impedance speakers, and doesn't have line outputs so you can't hook it up to your own amp.

Also, MCR-1116 is superior.

Nobody likes these?

>what is speaker to line level converter