Any kind of modification requires written proof of compatibility from the brand or an independent approved auto engineer

>any kind of modification requires written proof of compatibility from the brand or an independent approved auto engineer
>And it still needs to be added to the car's registry by the car and road institute, which can still invalidate said proof you had to pay for, if they feel like it
>Cars taxed to hell and back

Is there a more nanny country than this shithole? Brand (Opel) just refused me a proof for tyres that came on a higher trim of the same fucking model, claiming if they weren't approved from factory in this version, they're unsafe for it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uSoDgDJQaro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But on the upside, no stance, no brotrucks, no rolling coal.

You need written proof from the manufacturer when switching to a different size?

Shieeeeeet

Are you surprised though?
You should be aware that everything is like that in Southern Europe.
Endless beurocracy, laws, regulation and taxes then they wonder why the "black economy" is growing so fast.

Yep, our registry has a list of approved sizes for that car
Pic related

Wow... here you can deviate 5% from the size it says in the cars title without getting approved. Anything more or less will have to be approved by the DMV, although all you have to do is show up and let them check that its not dangerous for the cars handling, and then its approved

>live in free and non-cucked state
>lift truck 10"
>put 40" tires on it
>pull out all emissions equipment
>100% legal
Feels great

Oh the 5%. We have it over here as well, but how it's applied is...interesting.

>Say you have a "non-approved" tyre size within the 5% deviation of the original wheel diameter
>It will pass inspection with a type 1 minor defect, meaning it can still drive like that
>If you are pulled over and the officer notices it, you get ticketed, and if he's in a bad mood, your car gets impounded

Sometimes I swear our laws were written by a bunch of monkeys. Hell, these type 1 defects include not washing your car. Yeah people like lpg would love not having to deal with hoarder cars, but their standard of "minimum level of hygiene" might be a tad too high

Xuning do caralho não me deixa dormir à noite.

that sounds like utter hell

I increased my wheel size by 2 inches, lowered 1.5 inches, braced the rear subframe, tinted the windows, completely deleted all traces of emissions regulation such as secondary air and cats, deleted the muffler, (still have two resonators), and I'm having a manifold fabricated for a supercharger right now

tax: 0
registrations: 0

I agree that modifications to personal property should not endanger other people on public roadways but I can drive my car just as violently on 16s at 180 whp as I can on 18s with 250 whp so there's no reason to get robbed by kikes over it

Sadly this is the reason we can't have nice things. Some people say this is a country of fucking puritans, and here's why

>He wants to modify his car, that means he's a street racing faggot chav

Which reminds me I never said what Opel refused me. My Corsa Sport comes with 165/65 14 tyres. Wanted to approved 185/60 14, as these are way easier to find, and the Gsi came with those, so no problems with fitting
But nooo, the Sport was never approved for 185's from factory, so they're unsafe for it

>need manufacturer approval so you can change wheels

what the fuck Alberto
can you own older cars there?

Why do you have to tell anyone?

I mean no one can tell you're running different tires.

Não critico o querer alterar, por mim fazes o que bem entenderes e se fores mais um degenerado deste país só desejo que ponhas 30 turbos no carro e te espetes à primeira, o problema é mesmoesse um gajo hoje em dia vai comprar um carro usado ou vai na rua e é só gajos que se acham muita bons e que são grandes pilotos e pensam que estão dentro do velocidade furiosa, isso são bandalhos, depois vão mecher nos carros e só fazem merda, e ainda vão por no OLX para ver se alguém pega na merda que eles fizeram por se armarem em bons.

Há e aumentar o tamanho dos pneus tem efeito no imposto sobre o automovel, as emissões e tal, por isso faz sentido que seja regulado, mais, se assaltares um banco e tiveres um spoiler no carro, fica muito mais fácil para a polícia identificar o dono do carro.

Cheers,

They are...for now
Our government is set on eco friendly shit, and shows no intentions of stopping

Take our capital for instance. There are quite a few areas where only cars sold after X year are allowed to drive.
Keep in mind it's year, nothing else. That means the poor old lady in her '99 1.2 Corsa isn't allowed there, but the chav in his 2000 opened fuel pump diesel ibiza has free reign

Thanks for proving my point. "You are a degenerate that belongs on a cross if you want to modify your car, I hope you crash". That's some hardcore projecting, if I've ever seen one.
Next time speak in english like everyone here, so we all know how much of a conservative you sound.

>If you rob a bank and have a wing on your car it's easier for the police to identify it

What does that even have to do with this?

Do these automotive sharia laws apply to everyone or just the poor sad fucks that have Moortugal registered cars?

Say I roll into Portugal in my Series Landrover that I've fitted with a home built roofrack, angry off roaf tires, and a 2.5D engine that was never available from the factory.

Will the sharia enforcment service fuck with me?

there are plenty of videos of cops in canada and the faggier US states doing traffic stops and then also doing things like exhaust and tint checks just to see how many tickets they can write

I can see OP being made to report for emissions testing and getting a fixit for non-approved tires

honestly at this point it's probably for the best if you guys just open the borders up to the muslim hordes and make a new life for yourself in canada or something

Registered
They would pull you over on the spot, but if it's not retarded tier and you're clever you can fool them saying that's legal where you live, I doubt they'll bother checking
But then you want to stay and register your car, and this is where it gets fun.

Once your ten spline axles shear off, I'm sure they'd fuck with you.

Apart from the pulling out emissions equipment, which is a federal crime, you are correct.

damn, didn't know it was that much no-fun allowed

youtube.com/watch?v=uSoDgDJQaro

blame these people

I'm set on buying a vacation home in either Spain or Portugal this year and shit like this, and that fucking wealth tax Spain has reintroduced keeps fucking up my plans.

I mean I live in UK and we "have to" tell the insurance people what mods we got. That includes alloy wheels, tint, exhaust, stickers. Off course cops don't care because it's not illegal to have alloy wheels or stickers.

English then.

If you are a faggot like most of the people in this country that just wants to look good for their neighboors instead of doing something useful with your life, the typical guy that wants to earn the minimum wage but be the clown of the company, and still thinks that he has the right to complain about the politicians, that type of guy is just wasting everybodies time and money since we are a cuck country.

>What does that even have to do with this?
Because with bigger tyres you end up with bigger CO2 emissions, so you have to pay for it like everyone else, and that makes sense.
About the spoiler, if you equip something that makes your car visible different to others, you should have to have it registered because as i said, if you rob a bank and someone sees a detail that your car has that no other car has, they just go to the system, search for a opel corsa with a spoiler and voila, they have the data of the suspect in seconds.

Ok, you can if it gets approved as a classic car...

And I mean approved by a full retard regulator.

>Acquaintance of mine tries to approve his 240z as a classic car.
>Failed because...get ready for it...cleaned and repainted his rusting chrome wiper arms

No. I blame the Government and idiots like you castrating yourself for the "greater good".

Let those faggots have there fun in their Opel Corsas. I don't give a fuck.

You all got the dictatorship you deserved as far as I'm concerned.

hey I didn't vote for the lefties

No one ever does. Amazing how they are still in power.

>In the relation to the base tire, this tire has the greater circumference for 25 mm (0.99 in), which is 1.4% greater than the base tire.
>The actual speed will be 1.4% greater than the speedo reading.

That's just 2 crazy

I'm currently running 225/40r18 while my papers lists 225/45r18 as the closest approved size. Pretty devilish.

Like I said, top class projecting
You don't know me, you don't know the reasons for my intentions, yet you think you can make something up and label me.
And in case you didn't notice, I'm not questioning their reasons, I'm questioning the need for this much bureaucracy

Salisbury 24 spline in the rear, nigga.
Haven't broken in the first 36 years of life not gonna break now.

Not OP, but also from portugal.
I see a shitton of diesel Ibiza's that make an whole intersection foggier than fucking nurburgring this weekend when the start rolling

I didn't said that you where like that, i said "if you're one of the many degenerates in this country", i live in a city full of trash people so, yesterday at night, a stupid guy was drag racing alone in a residential zone, with a lot of building and people that where asleep because they had to work in the next morning, but the fucking degenerate was just drag racing alone burning daddy's money just to say "oh look people i'm here, so how awsome i am".
The bureaucracy is need for their reasons, plus, if the brand doesn't want you to make that change, its because you can be messing with something that they don't want you to, for instance you can always discover a flaw or end up with some accident and in the end the brand name gets dirty, look for example for the Paul Walker's case, they're still saying that's porsche's fault even when they have sent engeneer's to the local, the brand's name got a bit dirty just because some fag decided to be stupid (not saying that's the case).

What state of USA you in friend?
I'm French and is trying to move to the USA.

>What is federal law?

>yesterday at night, a stupid guy was drag racing alone in a residential zone, with a lot of building and people that where asleep because they had to work in the next morning

Yeah, fuck that, but it has little to do with modifying or not, retards will be retards, in factory or riced cars. Things can be done properly with head, body and limbs, and that's what I intend to do on mine.
Still, I think it's too much of a protective move from opel. What's on the table is a roughly 10% increase in width while keeping the rest of the dimensions, all because good tyres in the original size are getting harder and harder to find each day.

As far as I know you can do this in most states except California

If he lives in a state that doesn't require inspection he won't ever get caught

That's what they want, tyres that are hard to find so you end up buying to them and not in other place, that way they can control price, make it expensive for no reason, and you will have no choice but to buy them to them at a higher price.

If you think this is okay then you're retarded

Where did i said that it is okay? Stupid.

Sad but true, one time on /g/, yeah I know
>/g/
This one guy said something I fully agree with
>If something seems overly complicated for no reason, chances are someone is making money off it

Take my case, if I still want that size, I have to take my car to a registered auto techlab, where they test my car and charge 150€ for each size I want approved.

You are the ultimate leftist cuck, willing to cut off your own little cock to please your masters.

I bet you support speed cameras and mandatory tracking devices in cars too.
Just incase someone commits a "crime".

You are worse that the degenerates you describe.

Why the fuck are you even on here?

STATIST DETECTED

GET FUCKED

thats pretty shitty
sorry tugabro

Kill yourself. People like you are the fucking reason Geroge Orwell wrote 1984.

Not OP, but from Portugal.
We can't even do proper engine swaps here.
We only can choose engines that were in the same model.
>I can only swap my 1.4 for a 1.6
>no RB26 for me

Just reel in that bait. Sadly, this is actually how most people here think.

You think that's bait but that's really how these delusional nanny state leftists think.

People like them are the reason UK ebay banned knives.

Its like they WANT to be abused by the state.

Of i am you fucking beta fag that puts the other's in danger just to "Oh i'm so good i'm at 300Km/h look at my i'm so...", and dies in an accident.

It's an honor that such a book has been written for me. Thanks.

How about you stop trying to control other people's lives and just live your own life. Not everyone wants to be cuckolded by a nanny state that demands everything run on good feelings and the bad-thinkers are thrown in the fee-fee timeout zone

>Of i am you fucking beta fag that puts the other's in danger just to "Oh i'm so good i'm at 300Km/h look at my i'm so...", and dies in an accident.

This is how a downsed up leftist sounds like when they go into meltdown.

>puts others at risk for his own enjoyment
>somehow beta

Keep sucking that government cock, I'm sure they'll reward you eventually

>Of I am
>puts the other's
>other's
Useful idiots in action.

Why are you even here if you hate cars so much

Calma aí maior.

Even if it's the exact same engine technically you have to report the swap, in practice noone bothers to actually check, so it's fine.
Another engine, and it's close to what you do for tyres, but you have to present a full report on the project you intend to do, why you want to change engine, chassis mods to cope with it, if you are increasing the displacement pay the remaining for taxes as if it was a new car, in short an investment of thousands if you want to do things properly.
What most people do, and probably what you are referring to, is swapping an engine that looks like the old one, or that doesn't stick out, and keep a policy of don't ask don't tell.

WHere did i said that i hated cars you stupid, this thread really has a low IQ, you are so stupid that you can't understand that driving is a responsability that you can kill other innocents by just being stupid like that. You seem like you drive alone in your fucking countries.

So he can see the thought process of the troglodyte gear-heads and their powerful 2-liter engines. Truly gear-heads are holding society back and if we could enforce mandatory buy-backs of racist and ableist cars with displacements above 1.6 liters we could live in a beautiful post-race and post-gender society

>How about you stop trying to control other people's lives and just live your own life.

He cant. His life consists of nothing but meddling and fixating on the lives of others because he thinks he is superior than everyone else.
But he can't actually accomplish anything, so he tries to ruin the fun others are having.
That is the only way he feels like he has control over them, and therefore superiority.

In his posts he has cried about others spending daddy's money, called others degenerates for working minimum wage jobs, accused people with spoilers of being potential banc robbers, claimed everyone that modifies their car makes it unsafe and could die in a fireball at any moment, and said that everybody in his city was trash - with the exception of him of course.

Lol new au rural master race all the mechanics let everything past unless the wheels gonna fall off

OK so everything needs to be bone stock or you're an irresponsible fuck head whose gonna kill someone.

I ask again, why do you hate cars

Ok, you're retarded.

Sei perfeitamente do que falas. Queria homologar jantes de 17'' e o máximo permitido de fábrica é 16'', apesar de existirem variantes do carro com jantes de 17''.

i just don't see your reasoning. If I want my car to look, sounds or drive different why can't I do that? I'm a fucking mechanic for Christ's sake, at no point do I NOT know what the fuck I'm doing

Responsibility does not come from owning a factory standard vehicle.
We seem to do fine in our countries without those bullshit restrictions. How do you explain that you fucking idiot.
The problem here is that you yourself likely are irresponsible, and equally as likely not capable of driving safely.

Of course that won't do, because as we have already established, you think you are superior to everyone.

So in order to cope, you project your insecurities onto others. Its why you are so preoccupied with car crashes and "trash people" endangering others with their 2" wider tyres.
You claim others are the problem but its infact you. Its always been you.

What the fuck? I know lots of people who modify their cars and they don't say shit to the DMV

Not even buy-backs.

If they're so fucking disgusting as to buy a car with natural aspiration and displacements above 1.6 litres they shouldn't get any money back. It's a fair punishment for such racist and misogynist scum.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States

There's a lot of variation and you can exploit the shit out of it if you live near the edge of a more restricted area. I live in a completely unrestricted county in Eastern Ohio but my vehicles came from Pennsylvania and West Virginia where I suspect they were extra cheap because they wouldn't have passed their inspections. Here they just checked their vin tags against their registration and said okeedokee here's an Ohio title. In West Virginia the title didn't even have to be notorized which I thought was sketchy as fuck and I was afraid I'd have to either go all the way back or fudge but the girl at the title office didn't even bat an eyelash. One weird thing was that I had to go to the BMV to get the VIN check then to the title office then back to the BMV to register it which would have confused and frustrated me if I hadn't researched it pretty deeply online first so I encourage you to do the same.

I tell you all this because I really want to believe some French guy is going to come to the US and buy himself a huge brotruck. Pic related.

Did you take your case to tdsauto already? They deal with tyre size approvals from fiat. You might have some luck with them handling things.

You can drive lifted trucks in California

Removing emissions related components on your car is illegal regardless of what state you're in (federal law). Buy out in the literally who states nobody cares about what degenerate rednecks do to their cars so they don't bother inspecting them.

>Buy out in the literally who states nobody cares about what degenerate rednecks do
Man they should have literacy testing in California too.

Ye, sent them a mail. They asked me for the DUA and they explicitly told me the only measurement (already approved) was 195/55 R16.
More than that I'd have to take my case to L.T.A so they had to test the required measurement (205/45 R17).
About 180€ for the test, only.

Sucks. If it's worth anything, Prova Ímpar does the same test for 150€, asked them about my Corsa

The worst of it is they won't even guarantee Fiat will approve it after the test is done.
It's retarded as fuck. Just makes you want to put some 17 wheels and pray the po-po doesn't fuck you.

Well OP, I think we all know that the solution is pretty obvious.
Don't tell anyone about you're mods

That's impossible, unless you undo all of them when the time comes to have the car inspected. Which, starting at the age of 4, is mandatory every year.

My phone autocorrects things even when spelled correctly, and I'm not going to proofread my shitposts.

Don't you have a date with your first cousin or a hoedown to go to Cleetus?

I didn't know phones auto-corrected to retardese.

so if one person does a mod and it is approved can everyone do it?
why doesn't the fact that people do these mods all the time in other countries without causing carnage not mean anything to them?

That's because you're a bitter poorfag who is still using a Motorola Razr because nobody has given enough of a shit to get 3g out on your farm

My car came pre-aproved with bigger rim sizes from the dealership so I have that one covered.

Remaps is completely invisible so no need to report one.

A friend of mine has a very illegally modded 320i so he just gives the inspection dude 50 euros and passes.

If you are smart about your mods and don't go retard tint/wheel/paint/spoiler combos there is little chance the police will bother you.

Also most mechanics "know" an inspection spot that accepts "fees".

Better poor than stupid :)

start a petition. having a tuning industry would improve the economy, which i think you guys need.
in the mean time just port your heads and get a reground cam. no one will notice

Yeah, pretty much that.
I'm planning on having my car remapped and the DPF deleted.
As long as they fabricate a dummy DPF and the remap doesn't make the car roll coal it's all fine.

The most retarded thing, I think, is having lowered springs. If you have aftermarket springs on it that aren't painted black you're pretty much guaranteed to fail.

Ah! Don't get it inspected?

Really, if you want to dive a fast car you either need to buy a faster car in the first place, or get a dedicated track car.

no

>in the mean time just port your heads and get a reground cam
Once a number of people do that, they will start to require internal inspections

FACT: there are no poor and smart people

I believe it should be:

There are no poor and smart people. FACT.

if that was a problem they'd be doing it already.

Short and simple:

>No
>Don't care, believe me, I told them there was a Sport version in the UK that came from factory with 185's, they ignored me

>Materialism
Poor is relative. The user who lives in California may well have a lower quality of life than the Ohio user despite having a higher income and deluding himself as to his superiority.

people should take it to court, then the eu court etc
get the law changed.
muh yuman rights

Not gonna happen. Safety, or excuse me, "safety" trumps muh freedoms.

Sounds like you need to move out of that communist shithole, OP.

Pic related, OBS on 54" tires.

well if people don't stand up then of course the govt can do what it likes.
you get the govt you deserve.

The majority of people doesn't give a shit about modding their cars, so they wouldn't stand up in the first place.