Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Love that RNG edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N7lqzdSzNl1o_W8JiYyQz_cXDXJEE_Ur4myI4Uf0F7E/htmlview?pli=1#gid=649773752
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tamamitsune is a girl!

Best monster (male).

How do I know which Poogie to pet for good luck?
Is the Moofah good luck to pet as well?
Do I pet them all for maximum efficiency?
Can I take them all to the same area for even more luck?

I hate that fucking pig, have never touched it in any game

Did you wash today /mhg/?

No, I like to shower after I jerk off to Tama.

20-3410-4424-0382

8+ unlocked turns room
Get in here
3 spots left

The CB doesn't have a very strong shield unless it's charged, which is why you want to keep it red at all times. Depending on the monster, you may want to consider Guard+1, or even Guard+2.

As for the dodge, if you're playing Adept, you get the Perfect Block in sword and shield mode, and a Perfect Dodge in axe mode. CB is the only weapon that benefits from Adept in such a way.

You can also Perfect Dodge if your weapon is sheathed.

I hate you too, user!
I don't_ hate you!

Anyone up for doing HR3 keys?

I think, going past MHGen, we won't be seeing all these anime super attack particles in the mext installments because when you got four asscocks ramming it into a monster you can't see a god damned thing.

Best ranged weapon for a blade master who's never tried them? Best style?

youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

>Edgemaster McGee has joined the lobby
Thanks for hunting!

What's the highest amount of normal s+ you can get on a charm? I'm really hoping for a +10 or like 8 and oo to get the skill in the charm alone.

Consider the following: Aerial LBG

Holy fucking shit, I just now noticed that the Quest card shows you the map, time of day, and what type of drink you'll need in little images in the lower right corner of the card, where "Reward" is located.

cat or adept bow

What armor do you make for lbg in hr mhg?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N7lqzdSzNl1o_W8JiYyQz_cXDXJEE_Ur4myI4Uf0F7E/htmlview?pli=1#gid=649773752

+8 Normal S+
But I think you meant Normal Up which is +5

did you also not know that waving to the airships on various maps marks large monsters on your map for a little bit?

I do know about the Dragonseer, in fact.

Adept LBG, fast movement, elemental RF can deal huge damage, you only need to know the monster weakness and you are gold.

That's even worse way to crush my hopes and dreams. Cuz its like 20 % increase isn't it?

>tfw no monster professor husband that you wake up 10 minutes early for to make breakfast and have a nice dinner prepared for him after you ROUGHLY POUND THAT TAUGHT, MUSCULAR ASS upon his return

I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop.

>equip hammer
>fuck you why are you attacking the body at all god you're shit fuck off and die
>you piece of shit why are you only attacking when you can hit the head and wasting attack opportunities I hate you kill yourself

Can't win.

x1.1

10, but still worth a lot
You should use most of a set with normal up then fill in the holes with what you need

Mine is loading earring and Arc S with a fastcharge talisman
Sadly, it's missing trueshot up

Does Professor Narga know that his students are a bunch of fags?

would you let your daughter hang out with a rapist?

I understand

What's better:
Challenger +2 and AuS
or
Challenger +1 and AuM
?

>just got a Pierce +5 OOO
Did I finally get a good talisman?

i wouldnt let my daughter hang out with a guy named steve, let alone if he was a rapist

>snugglekins
Those words aren't snuggly at all

Ok, so its' 10%. I haven't gunned much in previous games so now my next question is, if I can forgo the Silencer and grab the power Barrel instead which gives me like 21 extra raw, will that offset it? Ideally of course, having both is the best scenario but I'm really infatuated with weakness exploit on this armor to go with it, as well as adrenaline+2.

If I GIT GUD enough to use Adren 2 then it doesnt really fucking matter because lol 30% attack but I'm trying to fill in with a good charm. I got a sick arty +10 talisman but I'm not using the Eldra Musket meme, though maybe one day.

None of the big MH sites seems to give clear answers and info on which parts of which monster have to be broken once or twice (or maybe thrice?) and whether you only get a reward for both breaks or one for each or anything

Where can I find this info?

yeah, just look at that creepy mother fucker behind her, I'm happy that Seregios is there to protect her.

H-he's fast

You are now in charge of designing new moves for g rank fated four and Malfestio. Do your best.

did they change the LBG class modifier for pierce?

i thought lbg pierce was supposed to be rubbish, yet when i tried it with the glavenus LBG i had great results on a monster that wasn't even that long

>Area 9 of Forest and Hills with Dreadking Rath
AREN'T WE HAVING SO MUCH FUN!
Seriously though, this faggot is annoying as hell. What's a good way to cheese him.

silencer is useless if you're using rapid fire

recoil is only applied to non-rapid shots.

I want to shave Tama's voluminous fur and make a coat!

Looks dependable enough, if a bit hyperactive.

flash bombs, as any rath

>tfw no domesticated pet narga
I don't wanna fug it, just cuddles and walks

Flash, aerial, traps.

The usual.

Tried using Aerial DB on him. Trying to jump off of him when he is flying is a pain.

Right, but the recoil will work for Pierce level 2 and the internal ammo for my gun. Neither are rapid fired sadly, but I don't even know if getting recoil just for Sting ammo is worth it.

Which then leaves me pretty sad that all the charms are pretty shit in this game. I mean, I could get an attack +10 just to have attack up small as well, but like literally nothing else even helps. MAYBE expert or haphazard?

I want to BE Meowstress!

Aerial DB has a very short jump.

Try Aerial IG with the pogo launch.

Beware of fireballs and flying charges.

oh, carry on then.

i'd say its not worth if you are over the threshold to fire pierce 2 without recoil even with power barrel

then again most silencers look cool and are very underused so i might reccomend it just for the looks depending on the gun

I'm trying the Gold Rathian normal 2 meme rifle. I know the hyper DLC isnt out yet but I'm running Drilltusk with it, which has WE and Adren +2 and like Reloadspeed +2

If it was HBG I'd agree but I had enough pierce HBG in 4U so I'm trying something new this time, well, kinda. Does anyone have the link to that internal ammo info page? I need to see if investing for sting is worth it.

>What's a good way to cheese him?
DID SOMEONE SAY LBG?

Your choices are status, explosives, thunder S, or dragon S.

Enjoy [F R E E] Dreadking parts.

Why is silencer useless? In a 4 player environment, you can shoot more since less aggro = higher overall dps.

It's closer to +10 raw than to +1.1x damage.

t. autistic bowgun main

I hit Dino's tail over and over again but it just won't cut.
Is my weapon super shit or is there a condition to cut it off?

I want to give miss Cat a big, deep, wet adult kiss!!

I always forget their name was changed to glaive anus

Sorry about that.

I want to BE the person that wants to BE Meowstress

post kecha?

>only one shot at trapping
>put down trap
>monster walks in
>about to throw second tranq ball
>get bullfango charges across half the area and knocked away hard
>monster breaks out of trap by the time I make it back

This is fine.

>that complete lack of all the shitty 4th gen monsters
I miss the time we hoped that 4U would be a good game. ;_;

This doesn't list sockets. Is it possible to get a Recoil +5
Drilltusk +3 cham with 3 slots? Or just that charm at all without slots?
Reload

can only be cut while hot

if you shoot less because you have aggro, you are a bad gunner

Is there a method to Tigrex? I can kill it just fine, but I feel like I can never stick to him as well as I'd like. I just end up running around until he stops bounding about like an idiot.

Or is that really the only way to do it?

Guild, Aerial or Adept Hammer lads?

Kecha and Maccao are my favorite "small" large monsters. They've got a lot of personality for such insignificant encounters.

posted this in the other thread, but it's on its way out

looking for a good, easy to farm HR gunner set.

Looks like Rathalos is pretty decent.

Any others?

I play HBG, but I'm interested in the others.

hunting horn

What if I want to play a weapon that can kill a few monsters before Christmas?

Guild. Always and forever.

Shaggy's is pretty good. Good skills, Normal Up, enough slots to mould it how you like.

Why do women and effeminate men disproportionately play Dual Blades?

then you definitely don't want aerial or hammer

Goddamn that is retarded, it's already my least favorite new monster by far.

It's not just about not taking damage, adept makes that a breeze.
It's hard to maintain critical Pierce distance when a monster's constantly hugging you.

Hammer seems alright
Aerial maybe not, but hammer for sure is

I want Kusu to HUNT me!

>Getting slapped around by a Tigrex on my first encounter in Gen
What the fuck, I thought I got good against you as a lance.

This is a blow in my confidence.

I just want to die, mhg! Not even monster hunter is fun for me any more! I'm a worthless piece of human waste that can only pump out middling TA times!

are hunter arts affected by affinity?

>those cat times
I thought it was supposed to be shit.