Any decent car's to modify left?

It feels like at this point all the decent mass produced cars that are worth doing anything with have been found. Old Honda's, Fox-body's, Miata's, etc. have all pretty much been ruined, and finding good examples is exceedingly rare. Plus even if you find one it's tough to want to modify it with so few clean ones left.

Any idea's on what the next car to attract all the backyard tuners who want to learn to work on cars will be? Answers like BRZ's or pic related will be obvious choices but most people won't mess with them until probably 5-10 years from now and they've depreciated and aren't such an investment.

the 80's and 90's had some good beginner mechanic cars but it feels like the 2000's doesn't have jack shit. Most people who want to get a car to learn to work on are getting the same cars that people 10 years ago were getting except they've already been shredded and modified.

>pls dicuss
>need new car

MN12 cars.

Either had 5.0 or 4.6 V8 in Thunderbird and Cougar and the Mark VII had the DOHC Cobra mill. All are RWD with IRS, with the Lincoln getting aluminum suspension components and driveshaft.

The Thunderbird S/C getting special mention, along with the 1989 Cougar XR7 as they got a supercharged 3.8 V6 that put out torque like a diesel.

All of these are cheap, abundant, and easy to modify. And nobody wants them because notastang.

Most of the tuning you do with the Fiesta is bolt-on upgrades. Excellent car to learn on in my opinion, and you can have an end goal of near 300whp/300tq for your aftermarket turbo build and achieve it pretty easily.

The community is fairly small, but very active and growing. There's always seemingly new vendors for the Fiesta too. If you have any specific questions about the car, I'm happy to answer them.

In ten years I can see myself buying a Honda CR-Z non running for $500 and K24/Type-S franken-swapping it. I'm kind of obsessed with building bucket Hondas though.

Yeah I thought about doing a CR-Z swap too, really nice looking car honestly.

I wish Honda would just redo their whole line up. Get rid of the accord, rename the civic the accord, and make the fit the civic with some cr-z styling, then they can have different trims for the econobox / crz / hybrid or whatever versions of the civic.

Not going to happen. Honda and Toyota have abandoned making competitive or interesting vehicles and are aiming purely for volume sales now. They will continue to make ever more boring, ever more bloated crap until it starts to hurt their profitability, which will never happen because enthusiasts are a shrinking group of buyers.

The Bedford Rascal is highly modifiable. Why you would want to modify it is a question, because the stock example is van perfection.

They're already getting shit on by korean's though, wonder how long it will take for it to matter.

>Honda CR-Z
girl car

>They're already getting shit on by korean's though
[citation needed]
As of December 2015 Toyota is king of Volume sales and Honda alone is still outselling Hyundai/Kia, not counting Acura sales.

>implying every car after 2000 is marketed to girls on some level

Why do you think they all look like ass now?

Almost anyone I know 40 and under is looking at Kia/Hyundai rather than Toyota or Honda. Maybe not in sales at the moment but word of mouth is ramping up. I'd say within 5-10 years Korean's will be the biggest car manufacturers.

They're just doing the same thing the Japs did in the 80's and 90's but doing it now while the Nippon's have gotten lazy and are rolling pigfat off the lines with varying degree's of quality control.

2000 *isn't* marketed

Every car is designed for girls now.

>Almost anyone I know 40 and under is looking at Kia/Hyundai rather than Toyota or Honda.
So Hyundai/Kia is "shitting on" Toyota and Honda because of your anectode, which trumps last year's total sales figures, which show toyota selling almost twice as many cars as Hyundai/Kia and Honda outselling them by tens of thousands?

I didn't say getting shit on in sale's originally.

In quality control, styling, consumer interest and even reliability korean's are on top right now.

Yeah, nah, you're a fag.

Get better comprehension skills and come back later pls.

I wouldn't call "getting better every year" shitting on Toyota and Honda when Toyotas and Hondas are still better cars. I'd still take a Toyota or Honda over a Hyundai/Kia even though Toyota and Honda are stagnant/slowly regressing in quality and boring as all fuck.

Is a different fag.

Basically any e46

>BMW

Never again, I don't know if I just got a bad one but something went wrong every 2 weeks on my 330ci

my mistake, I read that as the CR-V.

You're good OP

you bought a shit one

135i are kinda under rated, i blame its awkward proportions

im loving it

its not awkward normies just dont get that its supposed to be a modern 2002. hence the double belt line trim. it's everything bmw used to be. it would be light if it didnt have to have all that safety bullshit, that's what killed it.

128i and 135i are both great bases for a tuner car though

>supposed to be a modern 2002
*modern E30

Yeah, you got a shitty one. That's not typical. I have owned 3 e46 and have never had any issues

/thread

no.. 2002

No... E30. The 2002 was never available with a 6 cylinder engine, and it was never available as a convertible. The 1-series was available as a convertible and with a 6 cylinder engine.

Nice blancmange. What's there to modify? You can only make it SO soft...

When BMW trotted out the 1-series coupe at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2007, the jumbo-tron was awash in videos and stills of the 2002 as the automaker attempted to associate the new 128i and 135i with BMW's iconic coupe.

consider that you're fucking dumb. bmw designers specifically stated it was a modern take on the 2002. everything about its design is straight from the 2002.

They may have "wanted" it to be a modern 2002, but it's a modern E30.

The 2002 was NEVER a convertible
and it was NEVER a 6 cylinder car.

The design elements you say come from the 2002 could also be said to come from the E30 since it had common design elements with the 2002.

and the 1 series was never a sedan. and the e30 didn't have a turbo model. your argument is fucking stupid.

your opinion of what it is =/= what it actually is (as said by bmw themselves)

you're wrong, accept it and move on fuckwit.

Wrong, your argument is stupid because it is closer to the E30 than it is to the 2002 in every way.

>expecting someone to move on from an internet argument.

It's the only modern Honda that doesn't have an obnoxious cockpit in my opinion. I hear the swaps are a pain as of right now, but I'm banking on the aftermarket and the secondary market of said aftermarket improving in the next 10 years. Agreed that Honda needs to breathe some new life into their lineup. I doubt we ever see them reinvest in their entry level vehicles like they did back in the late 80's early 90's though.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. Toyota has been showing signs of life. First the FR-S/BRZ collaboration, then the S-FR. I know a lot of people here hate on the twins, but honestly it seems like a step in the right direction. Seems to me like they're making an honest effort to win back some sort of enthusiast fanbase.

I hate all modern cockpits, they feel like they're designed to be a living room or something. The idea of the passenger having equal access to the radio and shit.

FUCK OFF NIG IT'S MY CAR, plus people drive alone 90% of the time anyway. I Wish the cr-z dash was more driver centric

I guess the CRZ dash isnt that bad, it's just the Nav screen that pisses me off.

None because you stupid fucking millenials underrate how quickly you ruin cars and overrate how many of them are left.

>Implying previous generations didn't fuck Model A's and muscle cars and 80s sports cars. Happens every generation.

Yeah, it's definitely better than this monstrosity. Just way too much going on. Shit all over the steering wheel is one of my pet peeves and that second tier of instrumentation is completely unnecessary.

>you stupid fucking millenials
So how old are you?

That's a shit ton of buttons.

And you stupid fucking boomers think your 60's-80's muscle cars are all worth 6 figures when it's just rusting to shit.