motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm3090.html
motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm149.html
buytwowayradios.com/products/midland/midland-lxt-118.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous Thread:

Bump

why dont you have a meet in florida for a change

Because I'm poor

You could get one started for the Florida fags. Just imagine, an Veeky Forums club in every state.

This should be a thing. Imagine one day everyone just decides to meet in one state too. That'd be insane.

That much autism in one location might cause a earthquake or a black hole. Too risky man.

there was one florida meet but apparently it was terrible and that one guy just kept making fun of people's FWD cars saying they're terrible compromises

Well, without the autism (I can believe) it might actually be pretty fun, or at least it'll be something to remember.

Pepsifag organized a meet there once

It was like 5 regular cars and a bike

Page 7 bump.

Made something like the Nurburgring stickers I see around.

Fuck, inner-loop Houston just looks so comfy at night. Is that looking up West Dallas?

nou

Worst OP.

I didn’t really get to check last thread. How was the mini meet, guys?

Niggers, a Nazi car, and junkies.

And fried rice

So I've got my replacement Corolla, and it feels good to be back on the road again. Being a nocar in Houston is like being in prison.

Which means this name is officially obsolete. Probably going to follow Spoderstang's lead and trip as Dagumi, since that's the only nickname that's stuck since the inception of /hou/, and having a Corolla means it's actually closer to reality than before. Hopefully no one sees it as hubris or that I think highly of my driving skills.

Looking forward to a photo op mini meet before the 17th or 22nd.

Glad to hear you're back on the road. I don't think many people will give you shit if you trip. I haven't got any yet anyways.

Sounds about right. Hope I get to go to the next meet. :^)
Welcome back, Dagumi.

As long as you only trip in /hou/ threads, at least.

That would be the idea. Only where it's relevant.

>driving through parking garage
>empty so I rev a bit
>park and wait for someone
>security guard drives past and mean mugs me hard
>he broke eye contact first

Kek

Forty keks.

I hope y'all got to see the Sculpted In Steel exhibit before it left. I know focusst did, at least.

That shit was incredible. I wish they could have had a Duesenberg there too, but I dunno if it would have fit in the exhibit hall.

For $23? I'm living that broke life.

It was worth it.

We still need to decide on a crew theater, and what we're doing for the main event of the 17th.

Start at Kemah and then do a late night run up and down Galveston, weather permitting.

I don't remember there being anything interesting in Galveston.

>plans are finalized for a Galveston cruise
>hurricane

Would be par for the course with us, tbqh.

Empty roads on most of the island and a free ferry that runs 24/7.

I've been out in Hurricanes barefoot before. As long as it's not category 3 or above, they ain't shit.

I thought someone said in an earlier thread that Galveston cops would shut shit down quick because they have nothing to do.

Seawall and Old Port Industrial/Harborside are really comfy drives at night, at least. Especially if you do it after like 1-2 AM when there's no traffic.

I don't think Galveston's cops hang out outside of the city itself.

They'll shut down racing quick. Cruising, as long as you don't go crazy, they won't give a shit about it.

Unfortunately, that does mean obeying the speed limit in the city itself.

Yeah, but Galveston doesn't ever have "minor" hurricanes. Whenever they get hit, it always wrecks the island and floods the crap out of it.

So y'all niggas talkin' about it?

Or did you mean the other direction?

Bolivar isn't Galveston.

Someone mentioned ferries, so I just assumed. Fuckin', I've only been there once.

Take 2: y'all niggas talkin' about it?

We could land at Spoderstang's place and wrench the rest of the night.

What is an image, for $500.

The ferry is just a fun thing to ride.

I like throwing things into the air to make the seagulls fight over them.

The seagulls are the best.

As an aside, I still don't have a job, two anons from a previous thread gave me a couple of leads, but no one's gotten back to me on either of them so I guess those are fucking dead.

Don't have a lot of money left, but I'm doing what I can on my end to find a job, but in my experience, at least around here, who you know is more important than what you know. All the jobs I've had except for one happened because I knew somebody. Meanwhile, I've put in 40+ applications in one day before to places I had no personal connections to, and not a single response.

It would also be cool knowing I got in somewhere through an Veeky Forums connect, but that's just a bonus.

Anyway, /hou/-related point is, gas is going to keep eating away what's leftover until I find something, and if that takes too long, then I'm out by default.

Sorry for rambling/blogpost.

Well that would be kinda close to my house. I'm 15 minutes or so from surfside/blue water highway.

If you lived closer to me I could get you a job. I wish I could help man.

You could always be a waiter or busboy if you're desperate

two words

staffing company

maybe youll be in a warehouse and get laid off kind of often but you will stay on a job because of the staffing company and youre going to have a shit ton of hours and decent ish pay. probably from 11 up to 14 starting then youll probably have to get familiar with a forklift and that's where your hourly pay will fly

source: me a few years ago

don't listen to this guy trip in all threads, all boards

all thread all boards namefag masterrace

desu that looks boring as fuck. itll stagnate seriously once we pass up stuart beach

motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm3090.html

motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm149.html

we should consider these two roads.

a mean a Galveston cruise sounds ok, but its a pretty played out thing that truckfags and boomers do, we should do something more enthusiast oriented like a hill run.

Yeah Galveston is really nice for a chill cruise, but it's quite boring if you want to do some dagumis.

Can we get the fuck up off of page 7? What the hell happened between this sad thread and the one before?

>he thinks that these are official meets by a sanctioned Veeky Forums state chapter

Kek make a meet thread an see if people bite. That's how I got the second Houston meet started

We're two weeks out of the last meet and two weeks away from the next one. We don't have a really cohesive group yet to keep discussion going whole-hog during that kind of lull.

if you're the guy i told to go to papa johns, just go and mention my name like i said

o shit nigger. what car is that?

I would reply more but I'm at work. Working over today. More money for mods.

I'm down for some Dagumis.

Hopefully that's not SC400.

Only black cars I can remember in the group are him and S2K.

is someone making the god damn stickers? I want my Hou crest.

is that a beema?

tbr senpai I think ima go today.. I feel depressed so some twisty g/o/odness will placate me.

What time? I'm down for some tandem Dagumis if you are, though there's supposed to be a Houston Underground Racing meet happening in Spring from 7:00-11:00 PM.

im getting some done at the flea market. tbr id rather stimulate some local Mexican's pocket than some weeb neet fuccboi talking about "the sticker's size will be proportional to the pixel height and width so you must go into paint resize it" nahhh nigga im paying you to make me a sticker do some work

iirc it's a nice newish Benz

Saw it before in another thread

That would explain the lack of utter dread and panic by the poster.

I wouldn't know how to handle that.

It'd be hella quicker than /osg/'s slow ass too.

im parting around 7:30pm we need to meet up somewhere because I just broke my phone on accident partly why i'm depressed. unless boost mobile has a cheap replacement.

Aw shit, so no mad Zello comms?

You can pick the meet spot and I can give you a time estimate of when I'd be there. Then I could just follow you from there, or if your phone is broken, I can lead with the GPS.

Yeah. best case scenario, I get my backup phone from my gs assuming my mechanic is still at work (not likely)
I go to boost and they're going to tell me I need a new sim card which will have to be shipped in.
Its high time we got a couple of 2 way radios for the crew.

on the other hand , boost mobile tends to have dirt cheap phones which are new as long as you don't mind having the crackhead model. so I might go that route.

Lets meet up at home depot 45 and gulfgate around 8??

6810 Gulf Fwy, 77087?

Estimate is 50 minutes If we're headed up north anyway, we could meet on the north side, but it's either way.

Yeah, Boost was the first to popularize the push-to-talk feature with "where you at?"

Cheapest two-ways I can find anywhere are $20, and it's only got an 18 mile range. Didn't realize they were so expensive. Most of them start around $50.

buytwowayradios.com/products/midland/midland-lxt-118.aspx

Are broken phones really such a concern that we would need two way radios over an app like Zello?

if boost is closed when I step out of work I will be getting some vtechs from Walmart lol.

And G6, my phone is broken how will I use zello?

Right, I don't mean for tonight. I mean in the long run I don't see broken phones being a regular thing.

ok, pick a spot at 45n and beltway 8, and I will meet you there. what car? orange neon here

>vtechs

Fucking kek. If they work, they work.

We could meet at the Whataburger at Greenspoint mall, or in the area between Dillard's and Whataburger if there's not enough space.

Just to clarify, do you need me to lead, or do you have the routes memorized?

Does anyone have the google maps link for pic?

Gs4 in got a new phone will be on zello

Aw shit, that's what's up. Right on time.

Totally not Veeky Forums related but is anybody else going to ren fair this year?

Of course.

Cool. We're camping out for two weekends, just don't know which two yet.

Are we really doing this 5 hr drive

That is quite a drive. I don't think many people will be up for that. Myself included.

No but I believe some guys did a few months back. This is the shorter version

Dagumi and GS bump. We still outchea.

Good night

Rain soon

Damn the southern leg of 3090 was closed but the upper section and 149 were fucking fun as shit. If you aren't paying attention you will die. Conditions couldn't be worse because of course it was raining up north in conroe. Only insane people would drive that road in the rain let alone the speeds we were going. It was our own personal nurburgring. Would do again.

Constantly felt like on the edge of ruining my life or dying/10.

Would do again. Technically already have.

>wrecks shitbox he can't replace daguminng on a backroad at night way above the speed limit
>miraculously gets new one for free
>does the same exact thing not even three days later

Dagumi, bro, you're being really fucking stupid here.

Indeed I am. I didn't think it'd be this bad. Wasn't expecting rain, either.

For what it's worth, probably the last time I'll be doing anything similar for a long while. If we're going again, it's during mid day.

Make sure of it. I don't think you'll get another free car totally out of the blue if you wreck this one doing stupid shit.

At least wait until you have a fucking job, dude.

I know. I was just mostly agreeing in the form of hyperbolic/10 response for the keks.

Also seen as an opportunity to confront and overcome my fears and minor PTSD concerning the event by going back to it and approaching it differently. I'm not trying to deliberately risk anything, albeit everything carries an inherent risk.

But I agree with what you're saying.