(Daily Driver Thread)

I just got this shitbox for 400$ from my cousin. its FWD and Automatic, but its a hatchback! r8 and post yours!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HyxpUDBLfmo
koreanautoimports.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do you actually like hatchbacks or are you just saying that because you're posting on Veeky Forums?

You can make those decently quick with a 2.0L swap.
All you need is the ECU and 2.0L engine from a 2004-2008 Suzuki Forenza or Reno. Bolts right in, using the Aveo wiring harness and everything. It can run off the Aveo's 1.6L ECU, but it'll run lean, hence the need for the Forenza/Reno ECU.
pic is a 2.0L swap with a turbo strapped to it using Opel parts sings it's basically an Opel engine.

do you think Veeky Forums is the only place that likes hatchbacks? Fucking tryhard poser

>"I didn't like hatchbacks until I came to Veeky Forums"
-You

Hatchbacks are my favorite! that and wagons. my dream car is a gti.

always been a hatchback and wagon fan. Veeky Forums has had no influence on my taste in cars. most of Veeky Forums has terrible taste.

>my dream car is a gti.
aim higher. Hot hatches are cool but hot wagons are where its at.

how much would the swap cost me? Ive been looking at forenza swaps but havent found a decent one for sale in my area.

im looking for somewhat fast and still a good daily driver. what wagon would you recommend?

bump

depends on if you do it yourself or pay a shop to do it. Shop is going to be more expensive 1-2k minimum just because of the labor, and that's on the cheaper end since it's a straight-forward swap.

2005+ Subaru Legacy GT/Outback XT
2.5L flat 4 turbo. Basically a GD Subaru Impreza WRX engine.

im drooling right now.

I took some time off work last night and took the chevy logo off the front and I think it loos 100% cleaner. bout to paint my steelies white and throw some wheel spacers in so my wheels will be flush with the fenders. any other mods I should try out?

>any other mods I should try out?
If you can track down the KDM parts for it, swap to the Daewoo Kalos front end. Australia got the front end on their equivalent Holden Barina.
youtube.com/watch?v=HyxpUDBLfmo

proof for wheel spacers. it needs to happen

I live in Cuckville california there is no such thing as a KDM market all the kiddos here are either truckerfags or stance fags.

It's a piece of shit car and not worth any amount of money.

contact an importer who specializes in importing JDM half cuts and conversions. They should be able to help you.

Sport sedans are better, then roadsters are ultimate.

ill looks around.

LETS GET SOME OTHER CARS BESIDES MINE POSTED IN HERE

What you need for the Kalos conversion are the headlights, front bumper, grille, fog lights (if you plan to install them) and that black plastic tray bit behind the front bumper on the bottom. Fenders and hood are the same and don't need changing.

Im looking at some of the importers in my state and they are not very big fans of daewoo cars.

Not many are.
These guys may be able to help. It isn't listed on their site, but I'm sure they can get the parts for ya.
koreanautoimports.com/

>koreanautoimports.com/
ill shoot em an email

just curious, mate. don't get your panties in a bunch.
>implying i like hatchbacks

I had one, never brought me any trouble but the fuel economy was laughable, so it's pretty shitty as.a daily driver

Best van