Uni student here

what should my short term index fund strategy be? should i wait for the next depression to start with us stock funds? should i go with international stock or bonds then transfer them?

looking to open with vanguard

is it really short term if you're going to wait for the next "depression"?

my question is should i invest in international stock or bonds and then move them to stock eventually. im assuming a dip is going to occur within the next year, feel free to correct me on that

bump

None, index funds are for log term investments, usually for retirement and once you're already working. Invest in uni my friend.

no student loans, so no need to

what would you recommend as strategy

bump for interest, have a similar case. got 40k saved up from working while studying, what should i do with that shit?

World Index ETF

while you rot studying chad fucks girls like that daily

bump

I would take 1k. Treat it as "experience money". Pay to use a trader website. Invest into some stocks, small stocks in Asia for example. Lose your money. Gain experience. Once you know your way around, invest more. But not asia. Domestic.

not looking to actively invest

Find the obvious flaw in this plan:

Equal parts VTI, VEU, VWO

The person who suggests the plan has this basis for it:

We start off with the VTI global index, but it's a bit heavy in US stocks, so we add VEU to add investments in developed nations outside the US. Now the basket of funds is still heavy on developed nations, so we add VWO to add a bunch of emerging markets to finish the balance.

What are some of the flaws with this plan?

im retarded and financially illiterate, u tell me plz

>im retarded and financially illiterate

There you go; you are asking for investment advice on an anonymous forum infested with trolls, and you have no way to judge if the advice you get is good or bad.

That's the first problem. Even if someone gives you good advice, you have no way to tell it from bad advice.

Maybe you should spend some time figuring out how to tell if advice is good or bad before you ask for it.

if you are seriously asking biz for advice then you should just leave your money in a savings account

This 100%, the Intelligent Investor will get you at least a bullshit detector

invest in KNPD

Unless you are a trust fund baby, stay out of the markets til the March 30th quarterlys are released. If anything buy silver bullion ( taking delivery at time of payment). This market built on FAKE soft interest rates and as true rates go up, the Market will come down. Nice Pic.

What country are you in

usa

I am an international stundet in canada but I have the social security number and all that to trade and buy stocks here any Canadian fag who can recommend me stocks to buy in what to invest?

BBRY

fuck off back to where you came from..you are driving my cost of living up

Darwinism baby. Adapt or die