Having a debate with a police officer and might get a ticket if I'm wrong

Having a debate with a police officer and might get a ticket if I'm wrong.

Is this car a sedan or an SUV?

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

its a wagon

It's a wagon.

It's a wagon.

This. OP and cop are both stupid. It's certainly closer to a sedan than an SUV though considering you can get it in sedan form.

It's a wagon but moreso a sedan than SUV.

nice hatchback

It's a wagon

I know it's a wagon, but can't a wagon also be an SUV?

Thanks f/o/lks, makes sense.

These terms are less than objective but for Veeky Forums purposes an SUV is a vehicle based on a truck frame with an enclosed interior instead of a bed. A wagon is a car that's interior includes the trunk area (and is square in the back unlike a hatchback). A vehicle that is specifically built to be larger than a car inside with styling cues taken from SUVs but without having truck frame is a crossover and we pretty much hate them.

How are outbacks and foresters? Thinking about picking up an early/mid 2000's for camping and daily driver purposes.

that's an estate

Got it thanks... So then this car is either a wagon or a hatchback, according to what you said. It doesn't look too square in the back desu, so I guess it's a hatch. Why do you guys hate crossovers? Just wondering.

The car I posted is an Impreza first, Outback second. I couldn't really tell you which parts of each model was brought into the mix but overall I enjoy it. This model is a little short though, so for camping you can fit 3 comfortably or 4 if you have limited gear. Can't haul big things. The car is quick though and feels pretty stable.

It's a wagon. A hatchback tapers in the back and is usually 2 doors. The Impreza in particular has blurred that line but not in the generation you posted which is definitely a wagon.

Crossovers are the worst of both worlds - the center of gravity and handling of a truck combined with the ruggedness and ground clearance of a car. They're shit.

>Having a debate with a police officer and might get a ticket if I'm wrong.
What the fuck are you going on about?

get a WRX wagon instead

Read the thread moron

No.

dat filename
I thought you were trying to point out that the two car are different. I was very confused for a bit lol.

Wagon

>concise and correct
u forgot one thing: SUVs are BOF like a truck while wagons, sedans/saloons/ and crossovers are usually uni-body construction

Well, I mentioned that SUVs are on truck frames there really aren't any othe BOF vehicles anymore now that crown vics are gone right?

I just posted it directly from some forum didn't even look at the file name it was more for the four diagrams. Top is a sedan, second is a wagon, third is a hatchback and the bottom is the current difficult to classify body shape.